Tired of ads
on this site?

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #5

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#737

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 15:16 other posts 
Can anyone explain to me why 4 years ago my electric bill was 35 dollars a month and now it’s 247 dollars a month it’s getting ridiculous
By GoodGirl [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 18:17 other posts 
Mine is just as bad. Fuckin corporate greed, man.
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 19:26 other posts 
I like your answer the best
By #681164 10,Feb,24 18:21
There’s a few possible reasons:
1) You changed from gas to electric.
2) You now have a woman living with you.
3) You stopped carry out food and started cooking at home.
4) You now have a woman living with you.
5) The magnet you placed on the electric meter fell off.
6) You now have a woman living with you.
7) Your neighbor is running a long, long, extension cord from one of your outside plugs to his house.
8 )You now have a woman living with you.

And last but not least, and this is a good one.
9) You have a woman living with you.
By Cody8789 [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 18:35 other posts 
Try having your electric meter tested, it could be malfunctioning, if so, you will be due a refund. Explain to the electric co. What you were paying all these years,,, on the bad side, you could have been under paying all these years and if they find out your meter was malfunctioning to your advantage, you might be owing quite a few bucks back to them.
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 18:59 other posts 
Oh shit maybe I better keep my mouth shut
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 18:57 other posts 
Well
1 no I didn’t switch from gas to electric
2 i did stop eating out and now cooking at home
3 i didn’t know about the magnet 🧲 trick does it work
4 no i just checked outside and no visible cords
5 i do now have a woman living with me in fact i have 2 women living with me
By #681164 10,Feb,24 18:59
two? You poor man.
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 19:01 other posts 
By kebmo [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 22:12 other posts 
TWO!?!? Is your hot water tank electric? I KNOW you’re using shitload more hot water.
Your dryer, your furnace fans and your oven are three of the highest electric use items in your home. Also if you have portable electric heaters they are high use items.
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 05:43 other posts 
My hot water is run through the oil furnace and presents another problem heating oil consumption
By Cody8789 [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 00:33 other posts 
Dgraff, another way I saved on my electric bill was,,, lower your temperature on your hot water heater, most electric heaters have two filaments from 115 degrees to 140. Lower the bottom to 115-120 and the top a slight warmer then the lower to about 120. That will save you a noticeable amount. It doesn’t lessen how much warm water in the tank, it saves you money on keeping the temp at a high temperature and will also extend the life of the heater filaments. Remember to shut the breaker off, pull the cover plate and you will see two dials that turn with a flat screwdriver to desired temperature.
By Maxwell_93 [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 08:30 other posts 
I don't think the magnet thing works on smart meters. I think you'd get busted pretty quickly for ground returns now too
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 09:53 other posts 
Thanks for the info
By bella! [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 20:43 other posts 
Uh, this is a no brainer, Marcy is spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking for her man!
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 20:50 other posts 
She certainly does but it’s funny I’m eating more and better than I was before yet I don’t gain weight
By CAT [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 21:01 other posts 
It must be the sex.
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 05:45 other posts 
Maybe
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 22:07 other posts 
Because the Biden admin has smashed fossil fuels...

In fact, their big wind farm also failed? Why? Because there is no money in green energy!
By kebmo [Ignore] 10,Feb,24 22:14 other posts 
I thought it was because the windmills were giving people cancer. 😄
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 05:47 other posts 
All most everything gives people cancer now days
By #681164 11,Feb,24 08:36
No. Windmills k*ll bald eagles.
By phart [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 08:40 other posts 
giving birds headaches and keeping people awake at night with the whirling sounds.
By bella! [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 06:03 other posts 
Quit yer bitchin'!

Be happy it's your electric bill increasing and not your waistline! Hopefully the increase does not affect your planned and upcoming "retirement".
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 06:26 other posts 
It won’t that’s happening for sure
By phart [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 08:31 other posts 
NC approved the power company recouping cost of storm damage repairs by using a rider on the bill, last month our power bill was 450. the rider was over a 100 bucks of it, electric heat, 3 fridges,1 person living here, and the bill has never been over 400 in the winter. so now every time there is a storm state wide, everyone's bill will have some of the cost added.
you might check for that on yours.
Just got the news last night, the county reevaluated property values in the county, the property tax is now DOUBLE what it was last year.that is NOT a exaggeration.we as the people get nothing more for that money than we did 30 years ago, a deputy riding by every day, and NO services like trash or water or sewer or hell ,anything.
Greed,that's all it is. democrat greed in our county, i think in november, some folks are going to be sent out the county seat door by ballot onto their ass's.
By #681164 11,Feb,24 08:38
Why don’t you move to another state?
By phart [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 08:41 other posts 
it would be even worse, south carolina used to be better but i think they are going "south" as well
My problem is moving my shop,and all my stuff, would take months.
By #681164 11,Feb,24 08:46
So, you are saying that once you establish yourself in a location, it’s very hard to pick up and move? That must be why people stay where they are even if they get hit by disasters every so often.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 09:39 other posts 
Like all the whiny celebrities that say they will leave the US if Trump wins... and never do.

Why? Because scummy Canada as one example won't allow cunts with a DUI to visit or move there. And that is just the start for the people of Hollyweird.
By phart [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 14:00 other posts 
The folks i see like in New orleans that get washed away, have a small home on a 1/3 acre lot, easily moved. 6 acres with a large shop, family short distance away, and on the highest altitude in the county, no need to move for safety. There is such a stink right now about the property taxes, I think just the message from me to my county commissioners will be 1 of 100's they will see in their email servers in the morning when they log in.
By #681164 12,Feb,24 07:03
Aren’t property taxes mostly state taxes where you live?
By phart [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 07:16 other posts 
No, county tax is separate and the state gets none of it.
1 county commissioner has already responded to my email and basically, said nothing to explain it except inflation.
Which I thought was supposedly easing up according to the talking heads on tv.
I can't see doubling the value of a house and land in 1 swipe.
By kebmo [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 14:45 other posts 
phart why on earth would you have three refrigerators? Old refrigerators use a shitload of energy. I strongly recommend unplugging your oldest refrigerator today! Refrigerators are one of the things that have become much, much more energy efficient over the years and those old ones need to be unplugged. If you could do with one that would be even better you will absolutely notice a difference in your electric bill the next month.
By phart [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 07:08 other posts 
The 1948 Ge fridge puts the least load on our generator during a power outage of any of the 3 we have.it was bought used in 1964 3 years before i was born,it has had 1 thermostat put in it during that time.makes little to no noise.
it keeps the apples we get from the mountains every year cool, along with other stuff, the 1 in the kitchen,very noisey, It is early 90's model that we have had to put defroster heat tubes in 3 times already. it houses our daily stuff and there is a small 1 in the shop,to keep drinks in and snacks.

According to the letter we get each month telling how the power usage here compares to the neighbors, during the winter the electric heat is what makes ours a bit higher.
the folks around us have propane and such and their heat bills, compared to ours, are more by the time you add up the numbers. summer time, we have had bills during the pandemic less than 75 bucks a month.
But this sudden add on fee is driveling up bills regardless of usage, and that is the unsensible part of it.
By kebmo [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 14:16 other posts 
Well I absolutely agree with this statement that they don’t make things like they used to. The oldest one that holds apples probably doesn’t get opened very often so it would retain its temperature and use less energy because of that. I bet the one in your house uses a shit load of energy though. Shit load is a technical term for measuring almost anything. 😄
By phart [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 15:15 other posts 
it comes on every 3 or 4 hours, runs a few minutes and quits, so quite if you are not within 6 feet of it,all you hear is the relay clicing on and off.
THe newest 1, that damn thing keeps me awake at the other end of the house. When it goes the next time, the 48 model might get a very nice automotive quality paint job in Harvest Gold and new rubber if it needs and be put in the kitchen to use every day. just to make the house quite enough for a peaceful afternoon nap.
By Jamie [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 10:34 other posts 
I know a few people use to drill a little hole in the miter to hold the sliding wheel from tuning. It save you money. When meter man comes to check they took it off.

By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 11:55 other posts 
Nice trick but now days they are digital
By Jamie [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 12:32 other posts 
Not here
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 13:37 other posts 
Oh nice 👍
By phart [Ignore] 11,Feb,24 13:57 other posts 
By Jamie [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 16:34 other posts 
My bill was 65 dollars this month

By bella! [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 13:46 other posts 
The most popular cuisine in the United States is Chinese.

- Gordon Ramsay
By kebmo [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 14:04 other posts 
I would think the most popular cuisine in North America is Drive Through.

By kebmo [Ignore] 13,Feb,24 03:20 other posts 
The only US president to have non-consecutive terms is Grover Cleveland in 1884 and 1892.

-Steve Kornacki

By bella! [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 11:24 other posts 
Do people really do this?

only registered users can see external links
By kebmo [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 13:43 other posts 
Stupid people do weird stuff.
By phart [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 15:34 other posts 
I take shit apart all the time!
I normally make it a point to buy the cheap batterys, then when they go dead ,i take them apart and save the carbon rods out of them. Handy for welding and you can make your own battery's with the carbon rod and some copper wire and Vinegar

By bella! [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 08:54 other posts 
And in Los Angeles, CA.......

only registered users can see external links
By phart [Ignore] 12,Feb,24 09:59 other posts 
Wow, may have had his companys money bag headed to the bank or something. or dope. shame you can't even drive down the road safely anymore.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#737

Show It Off