Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

NEW STUFF, OLD STUFF, ANY STUFF III

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #8

Pages:  #1... #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   ...#182

Started by SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 14,May,20 02:51  other posts
NEW STUFF, OLD STUFF, ANY STUFF. POST WHAT YOU LIKE, ASK WHAT YOU LIKE, LEAVE MSGS HERE. PLEASE BE CIVIL. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BITCH, DO IT WITH SOME CLASS. IF YOU LIKE WHAT'S WRITTEN,COMMENT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, COMMENT. ALL I ASK IS PROOF.

New Comment       Rating: 3  

Comments:
By phart [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 13:07 other posts 
Wasn't it you cat that was trying to tell me how great the economy was recently?
only registered users can see external links

""The calls to LegalShield provider attorneys for bankruptcy advice continue to increase, sustaining a trend we've seen since late 2022," Matt Layton, LegalShield's SVP of Consumer Analytics said in a statement. "Despite several positive macroeconomic signs, people are feeling pinched to the point of calling a lawyer in seek of relief."

Does that sound like a great economy to you?
Note the time frame is during the biden administration.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 06:18 other posts 
So what would Trump do? More tax-cuts for the wealthy and deregulation?
That never worked before. It's what caused the 2008 recession.
By phart [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 08:56 other posts 
Trump was not President in 2008, He came in and cleaned up some of obama's leaked diaper mess.
and was having a good go of it until the chinese biological terrorist attack took place on the entire earth.

part of what brought about 2008 was the fact that money was loaned in excess to those that could not pay it back.
biden has already signed away a bunch more college debt to.
THat does not help lower the cost of education for the new comers at all.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 10:11 other posts 
No, George W. Bush was, but he did the exact same thing; tax-cuts for the wealthy and deregulation. That 2008 crisis was Bush's mess and Obama cleaned it up.

The cause of the 2008 crisis was deregulation. It was not allowing excess loans, it was allowing financial institutions to create a massive bubble of scam products, mortgage backed securities and derivatives on derivatives, packaged and rebranded as quality financial products, which were in reality a pyramid scheme based on subprime mortgages. That massive bubble was destined to blow up at any time. Several people predicted it coming and made a lot of money from betting on the crash. The cause can be directly linked with Bush allowing banks to be 'creative', by means of his massive deregulation wave.

This is about the results of Bush's tax-cuts:
Conclusion: the tax-cuts did nothing, except for increasing the debt and the deficit.
Bush compensated that by lowering spending, which mostly affected the poor and the lower class. What group of people do you think have subprime mortgages? I'll help you; the poor and lower class. When they couldn't pay their scam subprime mortgages anymore, the whole fucking bubble collapsed. The bubble created by Bush's deregulation!

If you don't understand what happened in the past, then you can't predict the future.
And it makes you an easy target of lies. Tax-cuts for the wealthy and deregulation creates 'boom-bust cycles'. Read up about it, almost every economist agrees.
They are incredibly damaging to average people, but favor the wealthy.
It allows them to keep wages low and fire people. Things you say you don't like.

Only absolute dumb-asses can believe that China intended COVID as an attack.
There is absolutely no evidence of it and their is no MOTIVE! It is possibly a lab-leak, but then no country suffered as much from their mistake as China. There is still way more evidence that it was a naturally occurring mutation of the virus. That happens. Humanity is fucking with nature and that has consequences. The next epidemic might start in my country, because we have the most intensive and concentrated livestock farming in the world. We had the biggest Q-fever epidemic in the world, from 2007 till 2010. Something like that can happen at any time.

That collage debt that Biden has forgiven, is a massive boost to the economy.
It reduces the weight of the incredible Millstone of debt weighing down young people. The average age that Americans move out of their parents home is between 24 and 27. That age has been going up, because young people cannot afford living independently. Student loans are a big part of that.
You're correct that it doesn't lower the cost of education for the new comers. No one ever claimed that it does. It just alleviates some of the burdens from people who are suffering from your stupid system. Democrats have tried many times to reduce the costs of education. Republicans are fighting against that. They think education is only intended for the rich, to keep the poor poor and the rich rich.
By phart [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 20:34 other posts 
My mom delivered news papers and got a loan on her land,and lost it, during the 08 mess, she got a loan she couldn't pay back,should have never been given the loan. The bank made out like a bandit though.
By #681164 22,Feb,24 09:53
You are taking this argument out of context.
First, bankruptcies, no matter what the quantities, are a minuscule amount compared to the population. Second, even though the numbers have gone up, they are about 50% of the totals during 2019, during the Trump administration. The economy is doing well.

By phart [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 20:22 other posts 
You know, since biden called putin a crazy son of a bitch, putin has taken a ride in a nuclear capable bomber and photos are posted online of it.
I just wonder, has biden got the balls to ride in a nuclear capable bomber plane? I bet Trump does.

By leopoldij [Ignore] 02,Feb,24 18:25 other posts 
Trump loses support as America wakes up

By #681164 03,Feb,24 15:10
By leopoldij [Ignore] 03,Feb,24 20:06 other posts 
Wouldn't it be great if redneck fascists like phart suddenly realized they've been deluded?
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 03,Feb,24 21:53 other posts 
They never will. They have to have an open mind and the fortitude to admit their mistakes.
By phart [Ignore] 03,Feb,24 23:32 other posts 
Never said Trump was the best for the job in the country, just the best for the job we can choose from as voters and I do feel like he kept our country more secure our economy was better under him.
I am not hiring Trump for a fishing buddy,I am hiring him to put some wheel chocks out to keep America from rolling straight into hell.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 17:10 other posts 
"Never said Trump was the best for the job in the country" Good that you agree.

Trump was actually just ranked as worst US president in history, by a survey from the University of Houston and the Coastal Carolina University. The results are based on
154 responses from scholars across multiple disciplines, all of whom, in some way
or another, engage in presidential politics through their work.

Mr Trump ranked in the very last place, scoring just 10.9/100 – the same spot he occupied in the previous survey (he was not included in the first survey, which was conducted during Barack Obama’s presidency).

Trump was also awarded “most polarising” president in the poll.

Meanwhile, Abraham Lincoln stood at the top of the presidential rankings, as the country’s greatest president, with an average score of 93.9/100.
Franklin D. Roosevelt came in at number two, followed by the nation’s first president, George Washington. Fourth place went to Theodore Roosevelt and fifth to Thomas Jefferson.

There was of course some bias in the results: President Joe Biden was ranked at number 13 by Democrats and at a low 30 by Republicans.
Unfortunately for Mr Trump, the Republican scholars did not help his low ranking,
as he still came out in 41st place out of 45 among Republicans only.
Among Democrat scholars, he placed 45th.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 08:29 other posts 
leo the great, the All knowing 1, just who do you suggest we as conservatives put on the ballot this election year?
By leopoldij [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 09:29 other posts 
Stop being conservative and become a human being.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:13 other posts 
I can't do that with a clear conscience sir.But thanks for taking the time to respond.

I can't stop being what is referred to as conservative because,
1, I would be left defenseless. as no weapons or tools would be allowed for me to use to protect myself.I have read what some liberals have written in the past that we as human beings have no right to protect ourselves and should allow fate to take it's course.
Is that something you agree with sir?

2, I would have to accept the fact that innocent lives have no value. A unborn child is thought to just be a blob, or a tumor to be sucked out of it's womb and burned as medical waste. Those unborn babies may have been the very 1's that could have matured and cured cancer,or solved world hunger but were never given the chance.

3, At some point in the near future of the world without conservatives, there would be no more innovation, no more motivation to be a better person because all would be eating the same bread and water regardless if they work and try or not.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 13:08 other posts 
Leo, I can see why Phart would feel strongly about his first reason for not stopping being a conservative. Reason #2 is a matter of conscience and/or religion. I can’t, nor would I try, change his views even though I strongly disagree with him. Reason #3 is the one that, in my view, is totally upside down. The opposite would be true. Conservatism stifles creativity and motivation to grab for the moon.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 20:28 other posts 
Please help understand why 3 is upside down?
Conservatives invest their money in industry's and idea's. Musk for example.
liberals like Soro's on the other hand, invest millions to keep the world disturbed and at war and bankrupt if he can.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 09:23 other posts 
Soros also invests money in industry and ideas and he’s not a fascist.
By phart [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 10:32 other posts 
where is the material I can read about that? I have saw nothing.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 11:02 other posts 
George Soros is one of the world’s foremost philanthropists. He has given away more than $32 billion of his personal fortune to fund the Open Society Foundations’ work around the world. He is also the founder and primary funder of the Central European University in Budapest, a leading regional center for the study of the social sciences.

Under his leadership, the Open Society Foundations have supported individuals and organizations across the globe fighting for freedom of expression, accountable government, and societies that promote justice and equality. The foundations have also provided school and university fees for thousands of promising students who would otherwise have been excluded from opportunities because of their identity or where they live.

This giving has often focused on those who face discrimination purely for who they are. He has supported groups representing Europe’s Roma people, and others pushed to the margins of mainstream society, such as drug users, sex workers, and LGBTI people.

Soros has experienced such intolerance firsthand. Born in Hungary in 1930, he lived through the Nazi occupation of 1944–1945, which resulted in the murder of over 500,000 Hungarian Jews. His own Jewish family survived by securing false identity papers, concealing their backgrounds, and helping others do the same. Soros later recalled that “instead of submitting to our fate, we resisted an evil force that was much stronger than we were—yet we prevailed. Not only did we survive, but we managed to help others.”

George Soros is a legendary hedge fund manager who is widely considered one of the most successful investors of all time. Soros managed the Quantum Fund, a fund that achieved an average annual return of 30% from 1970 to 2000. He remains the chair of Soros Fund Management LLC.

The Hungarian-born Soros is also known for his vast philanthropic activities. He has donated billions of dollars to various causes through the Open Society Foundations. He is a longtime champion of liberal and progressive causes, making him a target of a variety of conservative conspiracy theories.

Soros is believed to be worth $6.7 billion as of December 2023 and has donated more than $32 billion to charitable causes.

Much of that money has gone to fund education and health programs, human rights efforts, and the furtherance of democracy. In recent years, he has donated lavishly to the Democratic Party in the U.S.

Repucker hate him because he contributes so much to the Democratic Party.

Musk has expressed views that have made him a polarizing figure.[8] He has been criticized for making unscientific and misleading statements, including COVID-19 misinformation and antisemitic conspiracy theories.[8][9][10][11] His ownership of Twitter has been similarly controversial, being marked by the laying off of a large number of employees, an increase in hate speech and misinformation and disinformation on the website, as well as changes to Twitter Blue verification. In 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) sued him, alleging that he had falsely announced that he had secured funding for a private takeover of Tesla. To settle the case, Musk stepped down as the chairman of Tesla and paid a $20 million fine.

Musk has praised China and has been described as having a close relationship with the Chinese government, allowing access to its markets for Tesla.[21] After Gigafactory Shanghai produced its first batch of vehicles, Musk thanked the Chinese government and Chinese people while criticizing the United States and its people.[22]: 207–208  On the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Communist Party, Musk praised the state's "economic prosperity".[23] In 2022, Musk wrote an article for China Cyberspace, the official publication of Cyberspace Administration of China, which enforces Internet censorship in China. His writing the article was described as conflicting with his advocacy for free speech.[24][25]

If you think Soros is worse than Musk, then, I think, you have your priorities reversed
By phart [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 13:06 other posts 
Much of that money has gone to fund education and health programs, human rights efforts, and the furtherance of democracy. In recent years, he has donated lavishly to the Democratic Party in the U.S.

Really, how is that improving the infastructure of the US or it's economy?

Your words,
"Soros also invests money in industry and ideas and he’s not a fascist."
I ask what industry,what idea. and you come up with supporting the democrat party and the alphabet community.
Those are not industrys,those are not ideas.
By phart [Ignore] 19,Feb,24 11:13 other posts 

She has a point leo, this country needs Trump,BUT it needs to be able to move forward.
By phart [Ignore] 19,Feb,24 13:30 other posts 
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 20,Feb,24 09:46 other posts 
Let's hope people are smart enough to see through this hypocrisy
By phart [Ignore] 20,Feb,24 15:29 other posts 
I know, if the go fund me page was for biden, no one would ask for it to be taken down.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 09:24 other posts 
Wanna bet?
By phart [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 09:37 other posts 
it would be a safe bet for me most likely.
I guess when I said "no one" I should have defined that as no liberals,or democrats or left wingers.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 10:13 other posts 
Well, there is more than one party.

By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 10:36 other posts 
I know many members know that if there’s something I hate and won’t tolerate is getting inappropriate gifts from another member. Today I got two such gifts from Trump_supporter_2, a member who is obnoxious to the point I called him a filthy piece of trash. Today I’m blacklisting him after I notify him what I’m doing and why.👿👿

By phart [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 08:55 other posts 

So cat,you don't think wong is a issue in san fransico?
Think again.
"Last week, San Francisco's board of supervisors appointed Chinese national Kelly Wong to the city's Elections Commission. Chang said Wong can't even vote in the elections she will be supervising and her appointment is "an attack on the whole concept of citizenship."

"We've got to remember that she's a Chinese national, and every Chinese national is under a compulsion to commit espionage, based upon Article 7 and 14 of the National Intelligence Law of China of 2017," he said. "Plus also — and more important, actually — under the Communist Party's top-down system, every Chinese national, they can't disobey an order from the Communist Party, which views the United States, and has actually said, the United States is an enemy.""
By #681164 22,Feb,24 10:00
Mr Phart, I know you and CAT have been going back and forth on this. My question is this, “What national secrets do you think this Chinese national would be able to report to her Chinese handlers?”. The location of The Presidio? Fisherman’s Wharf? Haight-Ashbury Park?

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 22,Feb,24 06:17 other posts 
Some positive news for once:
"How the UN is Holding Back the Sahara Desert"

By phart [Ignore] 20,Feb,24 16:10 other posts 
Cat, you always responded to my mention of the keystone pipeline that biden shot down with his pen first day in office that it was several years away from doing any good.
well it's been 3 years and lookie here,we could be facing high oil and gas prices again due to the shit in the middle east.
What timing. the pipeline would be near completion and we could use it's oil to make fuel and the middle eastern situation would not affect us.
But no,we weren't allowed to be prepared for shit like is happening now.So when gas goes up Cat, can you send me a few bucks?
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 10:08 other posts 
Most of the criticism comes from people who recycle truthiness. Former vice president Mike Pence: “Gas prices have risen across the country because of this administration’s war on energy — shutting down the Keystone Pipeline.” Republican Rep. Jim Jordan: “Biden shut off the Keystone Pipeline.”

Here’s what really happened: No one shut down, canceled, or shut off the Keystone Pipeline. It is fully operational, daily delivering 590,000 barrels of tar-sands oil in Canada to U.S. refineries.

What some pipeline advocates think is the “Keystone Pipeline” is a 1,700-mile “shortcut” called Keystone XL, or KXL. It would have sliced through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma to the Texas Gulf Coast, delivering 830,000 barrels of tar sands oil per day. Many residents of those states fought fiercely against the pipeline cutting through their land.

Phart, why beat a dead horse? It would not have solved anything other than bringing more profits to gas companies.
By phart [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 10:32 other posts 
it would be a message to our adversary's in the middle east that we were more capable of being self reliant. National security.

By phart [Ignore] 20,Feb,24 16:46 other posts 
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 21,Feb,24 10:16 other posts 

By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:20 other posts 
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:34 other posts 
A particular distribution of goods or outcome of any social process is regarded as Pareto-efficient if there is no way to improve one or more people's situations without harming another. Put another way, an outcome is not Pareto-efficient if there is a way to improve at least one person's situation without harming anyone else.
Voting is Pareto-efficient as someone has to lose in order for the other candidate to win.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:36 other posts 
In other words, someone is going to have to suck eggs right? socialism can't work,if liberalism can't work.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:50 other posts 
Yes, you are right, someone will have to “suck eggs”, but, socialism is a political/economic form for a group of people to regulate themselves in the ownership of the production, distribution and exchange of the group’s goods. The community as a whole owns it all for the betterment of the whole.
Does it work? Not really. The inherent greed in humanity makes it hard to keep some individuals to WANT MORE. However, there are many parts that are good for a capitalistic society to emulate. An example is the work rules adapted by industry in the US and the labor movement that counter-controls such business in this country.

By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:18 other posts 
I am doing a simple google search
"do liberals feel we have a right to self defense?"

Maybe you should to,
"I think it's these reasons (bad faith and statism) which make liberals so determined to disarm the general public, even though that public includes members of the marginalized, brutalized, victimized groups whose interests they claim to represent."

Canada,wow, you can't defend yourself unless you are a martial artist maybe?
Is it illegal to carry self-defense items in Canada?
In Canada it's illegal to carry any weapon for the purpose of self-defense. Per their Criminal Code, a weapon can be “anything designed, used or intended to cause death or injury or even just to threaten or intimidate another person.”Aug 8, 2022
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 12:41 other posts 
Phart, your premise starts with faulty data. Liberals like everyone else, feel everyone has the right to defend himself. The difference between liberals that want the restriction of firearms and those that don’t is that we believe that the strongest DEFENSE is that of not having to deal with an equalizer. Firearms make it too easy to cause unwanted harm because it’s so easy to pull the trigger.
Let me put it in a different way. If you are attacked and you own a firearm, for God’s sake, use it to protect yourself. This has nothing to do with wanting ALL firearms confiscated or, at least, heavily regulated.

By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 04:48 other posts 
The Hill

Corporate greed increasingly seen as ‘major cause’ of inflation
By phart [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 10:12 other posts 
I would say worker greed is another.
When workers strike,and prompt loss's to a company,then achieve higher wages,that prompts cost of product or service to increase.
If people would take a deep breath,and freeze price increases and wage increases, and let the world catch up after the biological terrorist attack by china, we could get back on our feet.
But people are so hell bent on living above their means, it will never end.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 10:43 other posts 
Life is short, baby.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 14:48 other posts 
I know, and miserable when you can't afford it because of union workers demanding way more money than others earn for their jobs.
Foot ball players make MILLIONS while truck drivers make 1000's. something wrong with that picture .and who do charity's go to for donations, the truck driver.

just a example. you really want to look at solutions, pay those foot players a few hundred bucks per game and pay the WORKING man a good wage.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 15:53 other posts 
Just about anyone can be a truck driver. There’s no special skills involved. Athletes, though, have to be very fit and maintain that fitness, run the danger of getting hurt and ending their career, have a limited number of years and then have to retire, and may need to move from city to city.
They also have fierce competition for a minute number of positions in a league. They also bring untold wealth to their organization. They deserve what they are able to get.
You are correct that there is something wrong there.
Truck drivers are expendable. That's why the owner class can exploit them.
Football players are not expendable. That's why they can demand millions
for making billions for the owner class.

If truck drivers want to be able to fight against their exploitation,
they have to work together to be able to demand better pay.
That's what unions were created for. You support the people and ideas
that destroyed the unions and eliminated the power of expendable workers,
to demand better pay.

No member of the owner class will 'pay the WORKING man a good wage'
out of the goodness of their heart. That 'solution' doesn't come from anyone,
but the WORKING men, working together. The problem is that every time they do,
they're finding people like you standing in their way. Because you believe the lies, from the people who want to continue exploiting them.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 18:16 other posts 
Football player are nonessential personnel. the world would operated pretty well if football were absent from the picture.
Truckers however, move your food, your clothes, your fuel, etc.
And I know what it takes to drive a truck in license and such, and constant scrutiny of your health ,and etc.
I dare say most of the foot ball players could not pass a drug test to get a cdl, but I am willing to bet around 50% of the truck drivers have played high school football and could adapt easily to the sport.

Another thing, if football players go on strike, it affects a small number of people. If truckers go on strike,it affects a nation,potentially the world.
Big difference. The truckers don't need to fight for a higher wage as much as they and everyone else that works needs to fight the over paid people like foot ball players and other sports people. musicians, non essentials.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 20:49 other posts 
Shades of Karl Marx. “Non essential personnel”? What, people are supposed to be servants of the state? Not one part of your post deals with real life.
Who are more living above their means than billionaires?
They never do a day of work, but take all the proceeds from the people who do.

If Bill Gates had actually put mind control microchips in the COVID19 vaccines,
those microchips would have programmed people's brains, like YOURS IS!
You're their most loyal servant.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 14:45 other posts 
whatever i have of microsoft was bought used, so gates don't benifit from me nearly as much as others that lap up his latest bull shit software.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 17:48 other posts 
You know I'm not talking about Microsoft or Windows.
I'm talking about your brain operating system,
which is hacked by propaganda for the wealthy.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 18:20 other posts 
No if anything my brain was hacked by parents, in which the father had a positive work ethic and fulfilled his duty's.
And the teachers actually instilled knowledge into,as in learn trades and how to take care of yourself and your home.the real roots of the issues we have today.
people want to rent a house because they are to lazy to learn how to use a ohm meter to find a bad component or to replace the glass in a window,and the folks that do that work want ALOT of money to do it.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 15,Feb,24 21:01 other posts 
“they are to lazy to learn how to use a ohm meter”? Is that the reason so many people rent? What about teachers? Are they lazy too? Why aren’t they able to afford home ownership?
Woody58 knows how to use a multimeter, he has a natural gas license, he’s a qualified HVAC tech, he’s a qualified heavy line car mechanic, he’s has training in photocopier and other office equipment, he knows plumbing, carpentry and construction. He can tear down small gas engines and put them back together with his eyes closed. He’s a qualified tech on home appliances. And, yet, he’s not rich.
Stop blaming other people for your misfortunes. If you didn’t make, we’ll, few actually do. And if you are lucky enough to be in a situation like an NFL player, thank your lucky stars.
By phart [Ignore] 18,Feb,24 08:26 other posts 
you are lucky to have a spouse that can do functional things.
When I see 20 something males in a parking lot with a flat tire all but crying and calling a wrecker service to come take the spare out of the trunk and put it on their little roller skate car for them, I know there is something elementarily wrong with America and it's schools and lack of parenting.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   ...#182

Show It Off