Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #462

Pages:  #1... #457   #458   #459   #460   #461   #462   #463   #464   #465   #466   ...#769

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 31,Jan,21 15:11 other posts 
I applaud the people that are committed to supporting the small and local businesses, specifically, the local watering hole! You know you like to drink and/or eat when you sit outside, in a tent and in 30 degree temperature! Brrrr.....
By phart [Ignore] 31,Jan,21 16:30 other posts 
I don't eat at places that won't let me sit inside instead of in the truck 99 % of the time.But I have went to wendys twice in the past couple weeks because I got some coupons allowing me to eat cheap.
And that was on Sunday because the other place I eat breakfast is closed
Other wise,I only eat at places that allow inside dining.Several non chain places around here threw in the towel on the "rules" shit months ago and you can hardly tell there is a virus thing at all when there.And you know what,I eat at the same place 6 mornings a week,and it is the SAME crowd every day,week on week.Makes me think this "virus" is spread by the media as much as thru droplets.

By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 06:39 other posts 
Any one ever introduced food in to a sexual encounter?????
Last night markis and I were fooling around and an idea just popped in my head hey pudding so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a chocolate fudge pudding cup I must say it was delicious
--------------------------------------- added after 102 seconds

It brings a whole new meaning to
You can’t have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:31 other posts 
Whipped cream.....Reddi Whip?
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:34 other posts 
Hahaha I didn’t have any whipped cream
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:53 other posts 
Whipped cream is so much better. Whipped cream can be squirted/sprayed rather than slathered. And if you are diabetic and/or concerned about carbohydrates, whipped cream is preferred.
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 16:27 other posts 
Nice so its healthy

By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 15:55 other posts 
To honor Lady Gaga and her new album, Chromatica, Nabisco's parent company, Mondelez International, are introducing a new, limited edition Oreo, Lady Gaga. The cream filled sandwich cookie has a pink cookie with a green filling.

By phart [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 09:24 other posts 
Prisoners at Gitmo getting the vaccine for the Wuhan virus BEFORE most Americans? JEEZ biden,why would you let a appointee decide that??
only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:30 other posts 
I didn't read your link HOWEVER....my guess is that Biden and Kamala had a placebo. If the vaccine is administered to prisoners and doesn't work or has a negative effect, no harm done!
By phart [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 13:12 other posts 
Yea,placebo makes sense.my dad went for a shot last week."Oh I didn't even feel the needle,I can't tell I had a shot" Frankly,I doubt they actually gave him 1. I think people are being given a "shot" then the real vaccine is being given to someone who has money to pay but does not meet the criteria for a shot at this time.
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 13:40 other posts 
If there is any discomfort associated with an injection, it's most likely the serum being injected. I DO NOT like shots because I DO NOT like needles! I always look away when they go for the needle, I about hyperventilate because needles freak me out!
By phart [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 15:20 other posts 
I can't remember the last shot I took so I can't remember if it hurt or not.
That makes me feel a tad better if nothing shoulda been felt.

By zzick [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 21:56 other posts 
It all make's sense!
Congresswoman green said the california
Fires were caused by laser beams from outer space, the only people sending them would be the lizard people!! Of course!!
Thank god we have solved this mystery.
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 09:19 other posts 
Oh no not the lizard people
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 09:24 other posts 
It must be the lizard people, aren't lizards green?
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 09:28 other posts 
I don’t know we have black with yellow spotted salamander in Pennsylvania
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:20 other posts 
Oh my! The black and yellow sounds more like bumble bees, are you certain that what you are talking about isn't bumble bees?
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 12:32 other posts 
Hahaha no they have 4 legs and a long tail I use them for fishing small mouth bass love them

By bella! [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 13:07 other posts 
Resurrecting a good post from yesterday.

This was something that was attached as a closing remark on an email that I received;

Thought for the day: Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is
like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist.'
By #610414 29,Jan,21 13:20
Or calling a January 6 seditionist a great American.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 21:08 other posts 
sedition or seditionist really? BULLSHIT!

se·di·tion
/se'diSH(e)n/
noun
conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

President Trump's speech encouraged the people gathered on January 6, 2021, to PEACEFULLY and PATRIOTICALLY march to capitol and let their voices be heard.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 21:15 other posts 
If you didn't hear his speech live on January 6, here is the transcript. You're welcome.

By #610414 29,Jan,21 21:34
I did and my take stands. He asked a mob to the capitol. Can you deny that?
--------------------------------------- added after 113 seconds

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

--------------------------------------- added after 6 minutes

Trump’s speech included no overt calls for his supporters to actually enter the Capitol or resort to violent means. But it included plenty of allusions to the idea that Congress accepting Joe Biden’s victory — an all-but-assured outcome at the time — was a result that simply couldn’t be countenanced and must be stopped. He urged his supporters to “fight” and “fight like hell” and lamented that they didn’t do so as hard as Democrats.

"Fight and fight like hell"
By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Jan,21 06:32 other posts 
Hahaha and now Nancy Pelosi dildo connection from her stolen laptop is now circulating around from a woman in the great city of Harrisburg Pennsylvania
--------------------------------------- added after 52 seconds

You just gotta love the people in Pennsylvania

By bella! [Ignore] 26,Jan,21 12:37 other posts 
I just received my EOB, an acronym for Explanation of Benefits from my insurance provider, I'm not sure whether to laugh or be outraged!

During my work years, a good portion of my day involved investigation/problem solving touching on "customer service". Both facets involved the use of the telephone and unfortunately the phones we were using did not support headsets so, in order to multi-task, the phone was cradled on my shoulder and pressed against my ear to free up my hand to write or key while I "talked" or waited on hold.

Over the years, it is my guess that the phone caused pulling on my ear lobe/earring and elongated my pierced hole thus causing my earrings to hang differently.

In October, I explored getting my earlobe repaired and initially called my dermatologist to see if that was a procedure they performed or if I needed to consult with a plastic surgeon. Yup, I needed to go to a plastic surgeon. I Google'd plastic surgeons near me, found one in an location that I thought was suitable, called and inquired whether that's a procedure that they would do. Oh sure, no worries, they could accommodate that for the low, low fee of $450.00. I'm worth it, it's something that has bothered me for a number of years and I'm going to finally take care of the matter.

In October, I've got a consultation appointment, meet the doctor, no problem, let's schedule an appointment and "git 'er done". On the way out, I assume there's an fee for my "office visit" and I inquire with the receptionist, is this something that can be billed through my insurance. Let me take a look, yes, she says, we've billed BCBSM before and were paid. Cool! I'm not paying the full $450 because my insurance will pick up a portion! Back to the EOB....so now in late January, 2021, I receive an EOB from BCBSM saying that the doctor billed them $1500.00, however they only approved and paid $813.00! That is over $350.00 more than what I was going to be charged if I paid out of pocket. Wow! Now I know why the BCBSM Subrogation department has contacted me for additional information.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 26,Jan,21 14:31 other posts 
Your health insurances really suck. Last year I had two wisdom teeth pulled by the dental surgeon, with six weeks in between them. I still did not use up the maximum yearly deductible of €385,-. I'm paying a premium of €163,- a month for an insurance plan that also covers part of the costs of my chiropractor. What are you paying in premium?
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Jan,21 22:18 other posts 
My health insurance really sucks? I'm not sure that I understand your response or perhaps there was something about my post that was confusing.

My insurance company was bilked by a dishonest doctor. And I'm not sure what bearing my monthly insurance premium has on the matter. No worries though, I don't mind sharing. Upon separating from my employer after 36 years of employment, my employer also the insurance company, is paying 100% of the Healthcare premiu cost for 12 months period.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 06:19 other posts 
You said they only approved and paid $813 of $1500. They didn't rectify the over-billing for you with the doctor and made you couch up the costs. They are allowed to make you pay whatever they don't want to pay themselves.
That doesn't happen in the Netherlands. I don't have to worry that a doctor or hospital bills too much, because that is the insurance's responsibility. I can check how much they paid if I want, but I will never get deducted more than what is allowed (€385/year).

Good that you don't have to pay premiums for your health insurance. Do you know how many Americans have the same benefits?
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 08:48 other posts 
I believe that you missed a big point. The procedure was going to cost me $450.00 if I paid for it. Since I asked the doctor if possibly the insurance company would pay for it, this office billed my insurance company $1500.00, greater than three times MORE than he wanted to charge me and my insurance company paid the doctor $813.00, which was slightly LESS than twice the amount I would have been charged. I was not required to pay the doctor anything other than the $10.00 office visit.

Tell me this, if you are seeking a job as an accountant that lives in the Netherlands, is it possible that 1 employer will offer you €20 per hour, 2 weeks paid vacation and you pay your own Healthcare and another employer will offer you €18 per hour, 2 weeks paid vacation and S[HE] will pay your weekly/monthly healthcare premium? It's up to YOU decide who you want to work for, the employer who pays more per hour that offers you a benefit that you must pay for OR an employer that pays you less and pays for all of your benefits.

I'm not sure of what other Americans are paid to perform a comparable job or the benefits that they receive. This is the employer I CHOSE to work for because of the pay and benefit package that was offered.
By #610414 27,Jan,21 14:06
At one time, looking to work was more of "what benefits do you offer me" than the pay.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 17:05 other posts 
I can honestly say that when I took this job because my pops told me that once the summer was over I better be in school or I better have job because he was not going to tolerate me sitting around the house. I went to work right out of high school because I wanted to go away to school, like my friends. I was upset with my father because HE WOULD NOT PAY for me to go away to school. This was a decision my parents made because my older sister, the first born, the gold standard, effed up when she went away, thereby causing my parents to decide two years at home, then we will decide about the next two years.

BCBSM was the first place I applied to and my intention was to save my money and send myself away to school. It didn't happen. And Ananas2xLekker my employer offered tuition aid in which they basically paid 80% of my college courses as long as I received a "C" in that class. Benefits are a wonderful thing!
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 17:07 other posts 
Benefits versus pay is a tricky thing and some people make bad choices.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 09:10 other posts 
It's not my intention of sounding ignorant or anything else, I do not know what it is like to live anywhere outside of the United States.

In my opinion, my country allows me to be anything I want to be, and it is MY responsibility to make good choices.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 12:47 other posts 
In the Netherlands we don't have our health insurance tied to our employers. It's an open market and we can shop around each year. Some employers provide discounts to a particular health insurance, but most of the time it's not worth it. Any but the cheapest health insurances provide coverage at all hospitals and doctors. Not everything is covered, but at additional cost (up to around €50/month) you can choose extra insurance for things like dental care, glasses, more physical therapy, chiropractor, alternative cure and birth control.

The rules for basic health insurance are:
- Everyone is accepted, regardless of age or health.
- Everyone pays the same premium: no group discount
- A higher voluntary excess for premium discount is possible
- The health insurance is a combination policy with a free choice of care
- Children up to the age of 18 are insured free of charge

Reimbursed:
- Hospital help
- General practitioner and medicines
- Mental healthcare
- Seated patient transport
- Medical assistance abroad
- Dentist and physiotherapy up to the age of 18

Not reimbursed:
- Regular physiotherapy from the age of 18
- Dental treatment from 18 years
- Alternative cure
- Orthodontics (braces)
- Contraception from the age of 21
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 14:08 other posts 
That sounds wonderful. At one time, Blue Cross Blue Shield was "the only kid on the block", meaning that there was NO COMPETITION. Now there are many different health care companies and people do have choices. When I was a full time employee, my employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, which was also the health insurance I CHOSE, offered employees different health plan options as well as one completely different health provider as a choice. Yes, you are correct, group healthcare is generally discounted because you are bringing in "x" number of people and qualify for discounted pricing. Everyone enrolled in BCBSM insurance or any of the various competitors (to my knowledge) do not pay the same monthly premium. Monthly rates are based on a number of components. Although I was not in sales and marketing, I know your age, what type of work you do, where you live all factored into the premium. We referred to it as "area/industry rating". Do you think that the liability and use of Healthcare is the same for a 24 year old dance instructor is the same as the 24 year accountant is the same for a 24 year old person whose job it is to wash windows of skyscraper buildings? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Now, same jobs but now the worker is 64 years old! Big difference, therefore the different premium pricing.
By #610414 27,Jan,21 19:50
And that's why a plan like Obama Care is important. One price for all. Open to almost everyone.
By #610414 27,Jan,21 14:09
Ananas, I like the idea that health insurance is not tied to employment. In this country, if you lost your job you lost your health insurance. Not good.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 16:00 other posts 
It's not just that you loose your health insurance if you loose your job, it's also another benefit employees need to negotiate out with their employers. If you don't have that, it leaves space for negotiating wages, working hours, overtime, paid vacation, safety precautions and many other benefits. I have heard employers threaten employees with taking away their heath insurance. Your employer shouldn't have power over your health (or even your life in some cases).
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 16:40 other posts 
In the United States, when you leave your job and if that job has some form of healthcare coverage OR you lose your health care coverage because your employment was terminated, you are offered an "extention" on your insurance that you can CHOOSE to pay for out of your own pocket. It is called COBRA coverage and IF you choose it, I BELIEVE that you can maintain that coverage for a period of 18 months. COBRA coverage is the prevailing group rate premium, plus a small percentage upcharge and is paid directly to your former employer as an administration fee, while s[he] keeps you on their insurance roster. It is YOUR CHOICE if you want that coverage or if you want to check the marketplace insurances to see if their is coverage that you prefer.

I have the feeling that you BELIEVE that the employers or government agencies in the United States do not take care of the people, but that is not true. People make choices, some people make good choices, some people make bad choices.
By #610414 27,Jan,21 19:37
Yes, but the cost for cobra is two to four times more expensive. And remember, you pay 100% of the premium. Ive never met anyone who could afford it.
--------------------------------------- added after 15 minutes

The cost of COBRA coverage is usually high because the newly unemployed individual pays the entire cost of the insurance (employers usually pay a significant portion of healthcare premiums for employees).

By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 21:31 other posts 
The cost of COBRA is what I said. It is the prevailing monthly subscription rate plus a small upcharge because the former employer basically administers the plan.

If you had good group coverage, yes COBRA coverage will be pricey. And regardless whether the employer contributed something toward the premium or contributed nothing at all, it is surely much more cost effective than Obama Care. IF Obama Care was as good as you project it to be, it would have caused health insurance companies to go out of business years ago.

Health care insurance is like ANY insurance, car, home, whatever, is a crap shoot. All the years you pay insurance premiums and you never make a claim, then BOOM! One day your car is stolen or in a major accident OR there is a major fire in your house. Now you need your insurance to pay out. The only reason Obama Care is so inexpensive is because the deductible or out of pocket expense is so high. Don't kid yourself.
By #610414 28,Jan,21 09:14
I’ve been on Obama Care for years. My deductible is very low. My triple bypass cost me $1500 out of pocket. Remember that insurance card companies still do the work for Obama Care. My Obama Care is administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. The middle man (the employer) is cut out. The price of coverage is directly affected by the number of members. An employer, even a large one like GM, doesn’t have the buying power of Obama Care. Every year insurance companies have to tell the government if they will participate. So far, even with reduced profits, they participate. The member does have to pick his coverage. Obviously, a member in great health and/or economic circumstances, can get a lower priced plan. Others have more expensive plans. The big thing is that the coverage never stops (except in November to do any changes) My employer does not figure into it.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 16:47 other posts 
Not true, not true. Haven't you heard of COBRA coverage?
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 22:11 other posts 
I must have some how got lost in the system fresh out of high school I decided to live the dream open a garage and be self employed never even thought about healthcare till I hit 50 secured a half assed health plan at 358 dollars a month but it only covered me if I was hospitalized so 3 years ago I was hospitalized with deep vein thrombosis with a pulmonary embolism next thing you know I get a notice from my insurance that they are dropping me because I have a pre existing condition they suggested I enroll in a government program only to be told that I make to much money for a government program so now here I am with no insurance company that will touch me so yeah I think health care in the United States sucks the system is broken
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 22:51 other posts 
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a licensed trademark and the plans, in each state are only affiliated by name. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan are and were required to take anyone that applied. Check out your BCBSM program in your state.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 22:59 other posts 
I'm going to say this, being uninsured until you were 50 years of age, securing insurance and and then going into the hospital after you've paid $7,000.00 into and presenting a 100k claim looks mighty odd to an Underwriter. Just as a similar scenario would present with a home.....your house is paid off, you choose not to buy homeowners insurance and you are without for 10 years. "Suddenly", your 300k house burns down and you want your insurance company to replace it.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 03:08 other posts 
According to this article, if you want the best bang-for-the-buck healthcare system, you should move to Estonia.
Now I don't know anything about Estonia or their healthcare system, but I would like to have our politicians look to that healthcare system and copy it.
According to the same article, The Netherlands have the highest-quality healthcare. However, I've seen us at lower places in other studies and also read we have the second most expensive healthcare system in the world, after the US. This list places us a bit lower on the list:

Here's a study on health outcomes, between the US and 11 other countries with similar GDP's.

Here is a list of the whole world:

Here's a graph of the health expenditure of most countries in the world. The US has the most expensive system:
By dgraff [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 04:34 other posts 
My hospital bill was 12000 and my insurance paid most of it then booted me my new plan is to just hang in there for 3 more years then retire then the government has to give me health insurance plus I can still work part time
--------------------------------------- added after 4 minutes

Anyway I guess I got 1 up on the insurance company they paid out 5000 dollars more than I paid in
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 08:35 other posts 
Well, it sucks that you needed it, but I'm glad to hear they paid.
By dgraff [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 22:08 other posts 
Bella a good under writer would have looked at my case and said this man paid on this policy for 6 years never missed a payment never late to the tune of almost 26,000 dollars and never had to use it
A good underwriter would have then looked at my medical records and said he has no medical records in the last 30 years he must be in good shape and don’t run to the hospital every time he has gas
A good underwriter would have just paid the hospital bill instead of taking two years while they searched for loopholes and reasons not to pay
I know how insurance companies work and I have to tell you I see them as part of the problem not the solution
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 09:54 other posts 
Are you than in favor of public health care?
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 11:19 other posts 
Yes I think I am the way it is to many people fall between the cracks like me
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 11:45 other posts 
Hey, dgraff, I'm curious why you waited until you were 50 years old to purchase health care coverage?

My employer gave health care insurance upon employment. As a business owner, do you offer your employees health insurance?
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 11:54 other posts 
No I’m a small business who can afford it
--------------------------------------- added after 2 minutes

I had health insurance when I was a fleet mechanic for the cable tv company but when I left so did my insurance
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 15:21 other posts 
One problem, Republicans are never gonna give you public health care and neither will Biden. You're only chance would have been Bernie Sanders. Because it's literally socialism.

Now I don't want to turn you off on it, because so is the police and the fire department. I'm just surprised.
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 17:21 other posts 
Like I said if I can hang in there for 3 more years with out any more problems then I can retire and my medical insurance problem is solved so I guess that’s my plan
By phart [Ignore] 27,Jan,21 18:06 other posts 
Yep,lifestyle choices,instead of gig work or hourly work,you chose a carreer and stuck with it.You gave 36 years to the company,they gave you benifits.It paid off for both of you.
People nowadays think it is all in the hourly wage. It's not.
By #610414 27,Jan,21 19:57
Before the pandemic the average person moved, on average, every 4 yrs. Some changed jobs too. Most employers required 3 months of steady employment before offering health insurance.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 04:23 other posts 
"3 months of steady employment before offering health insurance."?
That means every time you get another job, you don't have health insurance?
What happens if you have an accident or you get diagnosed with diabetes or cancer?
I haven't been without health coverage for a day in my life. Until 2006 (so 33 years of my life) I was covered by the 'ziekenfonds' (roughly translated as 'sickfunds'). We payed around €20/month and everything was covered. That was publicly funded healthcare. The stated payed for it through taxes and controlled the prices. The costs were steadily rising, but after the privatization in 2006, prices rose much faster and every year after some coverage was slashed. What we also saw was giant insurance buildings full of marble being built and commercials for healthcare insurance companies everywhere. Maybe that's were our money went.

By #610414 28,Jan,21 09:22
Ananas, no coverage during initial period. This was one of the major debate topics of the primaries. There were many ideas on how to best nationalize health insurance ( an improvement to Obama Care and 100% participation ) my first two babies were COD. Charlie was out of work and there was no maternity leave, so, no work, no insurance.
By dgraff [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 09:27 other posts 
Your first two babies were cash on delivery?????
By #610414 28,Jan,21 10:14
Actually, it was CBD. Cash before delivery.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 10:02 other posts 
What is your tax rate on income and property? That exspense is coming from somewhere.
It is not free.
By #610414 28,Jan,21 10:22
The prevailing rate. But, they don't have anything to do with each other. Our taxes on our primary home is $4680 this last November in MiamiDade County. Our taxes on the hunting lodge in Marion County was $289 last November. Our income varies per person. Gerome pays about 15% , Charlie gets Social Security, and I, when and if I go back to work, will be about 14%. This is before all the deductibles like cost of condoms, KY jelly, and dildos.
Healthcare is never free. It can either be paid by people themselves whenever they need care, it can be paid through private insurance or it can be funded by the government through taxation. Most countries have a mixed system of all three.

The question is what results in the best quality of healthcare, with the best health outcomes for the lowest costs to society as a whole.

The choices are how much solidarity you are giving to the sick from the healthy and how much profit you allow for healthcare providers, the pharmaceutical industry and insurance companies (if at all).

Why would you even need insurance companies as a for profit middle man between the patient and their doctor?
Have they proven to be trustworthy?
Do they have a positive effect on quality, choice or price?
Do they make the billing process simpler or more transparent?
Do you just like insurance companies for some reason?
By phart [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 10:16 other posts 
The point being missed or looked over here is a employer is being expected to invest in you with benifts before making sure the investment is going to pay off .THat is exspensive so they don't do it.

For example,to work for my employer,you worked at least 30 days temp, but sadly,you were required to get a CDL license within that 30 days to continue to work.part of my duty was to instruct the new hires in my department to get theirs.
Going to private school for CDL's is expsensive,so people out of work would take a job with us,get their license,while earning a paycheck,then not show up for work once they got them.Twice my help didn't come to work on a monday and on Tuesday they passed me by driving a cement truck. The state finally got tired of investing my time,and their money and desiel fuel in these type people,so now,CDL is required BEFORE you get hired. Same with insurance, so if you gave insurance right then,the employee would get their gonads fixed or teeth fixed or whatever on your time and leave.Not good.And COSTLY.
So to get the benifits offered by a employer,you have to invest a reasonable amount of your time with them first.
By #610414 28,Jan,21 10:42
But, phart, those are job requirements. Health insurance is a 24/7 necessity for all people. I understand the cost of paperwork and initial premium costs for the employer. They want some assurance their "investment" will stick around. That's why health insurance should not be contingent on employment.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 15:22 other posts 
I was thinking,if folks in health care don't make decent money,what is the incentive to go thru all that college and internships and what not?
We complain about health care cost,everyone has ideas,but if you take away the incentive to even be in the feild in the first place,that means few people taking care of you.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 16:02 other posts 
I think there is not much difference in wages for doctors, surgeons and nurses either under a private insurance system or under a government funded system. It's still supply and demand. If the government doesn't pay enough, nobody want to become doctors, surgeons and nurses. It's not like all government jobs pay bad. Skills are always rewarded and most of the time job security and benefits are much better at government jobs. Doctors under the NHS in the UK make pretty good money.
Your listening to right wing propaganda against public healthcare again. It's not the doctors, surgeons and nurses who benefit most from a private system, it's the insurances, the pharmaceutical industry, the marketeers and the media. And they are funding the interest groups and the lobbyists, who are funding the campaigns of the politicians. Often not even just their campaigns, but they find ways to enrich themselves directly too. They don't care what's best for the public (you), they only care about their bottom line.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Jan,21 18:21 other posts 
Your government apparently pays better than the US or state governments here.

The ER entrance at the nearest hospital has a 100,000$ water fountain in the center of the circle drive up doors.
What the hell good is that for the person having a heart attack that will then see a huge bill?
That tells me the hospital could have put that money towards someones surgery instead of a water fountain.Waste in the industry is a issue that could be addressed easy if anyone cared enough to do so.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 07:15 other posts 
Maybe the sound of water will calm their stressing heart.
But your absolutely right about the waste spending. Now I don't really think that would matter much whether it is government money or insurance money. Anytime a building is built, the architects and contractors will push the decision makers to give the building curve appeal and grandiosity, offer a ridiculously low quotation and then later push up the price to a factor of 5, because of unforeseen circumstances. We had programs on national TV about that topic that ran for years, called 'Over de balk' (over the beam = down the drain) and 'Van onze centen' (with our pennies). It was one story after another about ridiculous wastes of money by the government, semi-government and private institutions, that all finally were paid by the tax payer and consumers. I think you would have liked those programs.
By #610414 28,Jan,21 17:14
What?????? Where is this from?
By phart [Ignore] 29,Jan,21 10:33 other posts 
I can't find your post about mousemousecheese in reference to my saying try DuckDuckgo for a search engine.but is a legit search engine with less bias and info harvesting
By #610414 29,Jan,21 11:57
There's several good search engines in the web. The one to use is the one you like more. Having said that, the content, the actual part that you want to reach, may or may not appear in your searh unless you are specific.
By #610414 29,Jan,21 11:52
phart you can still give a whole work lifetime to a company and still worry about the hourly wage. It's called working through your union.
By phart [Ignore] 26,Jan,21 14:43 other posts 
I had a colonoscopy back years ago and the jurks at the medical place I had it done billed me for 2 procedures.They did it by writing my name in different order on the paperwork as if 2 people from the same address got their hersey hiways checked on the same day. I ask about it and the grumpy heavyset black lady told me I would be turned into collections and my credit would be distroyed if I did not pay.What happened,later I found out from a former employee,they did someone without insurance,and put them on MY bill. YOu would think that shit would be illegal.Just As Blue cross blue shield should look at the fact you were qouted 485 or whatever and then over charged.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #457   #458   #459   #460   #461   #462   #463   #464   #465   #466   ...#769

Show It Off