Discover your full Abilities!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #12

Pages:  #1... #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   #13   #14   #15   #16   ...#737

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 09:23 other posts 
I was flipping through the channels on the TV and paused for a moment when I recognized Liberace on the H&I channel (Heroes & Icons). Yeah, Liberace was cast as a piano playing villain on Batman!
By #681164 30,Dec,23 12:58
only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 13:13 other posts 
Sorry, what relationship does the Chordettes tune, Mr. Sandman, have to do with Liberace being on Batman?
By #681164 30,Dec,23 13:28
None, but the Chordettes sing about him.
By phart [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 13:08 other posts 
Strange,since I am sick with a head cold,I was watching the same tv shows you were at the same time!
I would have sworn that Liberace play Tunlane"spelling" on star trek but according to the internet,nope.
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 14:15 other posts 
When you find Wild Wild West, please let me know where/when it is on. One day I flipped on the TV and I was pleasantly surprised to see Wild Wild West! I can't remember what station but I do remember that it was a Saturday or Sunday morning. My older sister used to love watching it and I did too, for that matter! The best way I could describe Wild Wild West was a mix of action and fantasy!

By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 21:19 other posts 
Dang, this is one very cool canine!

By dgraff [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 07:08 other posts 
Awww that doggy loves his daddy
My snickers loves his daddy too but he’s a big horse and he’s very clumsy I’m not letting him jump on my back
By #681164 30,Dec,23 13:32
My Black Lab get up from her night bed and walks over to her day bed where she lays down to sleep the whole day except to chow down CAT's home cooked food, or take a dump. Very much like her master.

By bella! [Ignore] 30,Dec,23 13:22 other posts 
Impressive! A new member, a member since December 27, angeldoll is at the female top of BEST IMAGE/MEMBER TOP /imagetop.php ! The tribe has spoken! Welcome and nice job!
By #681164 30,Dec,23 13:27
She's very alluring. For those that frequent the site with your tongue hanging out, she's HOT.

By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 11:51 other posts 
It's difficult to wrap my head around, yesterday I stopped at the local Walmart and only 3 days after December 25, no signs of Christmas because the store is all set up and ready for Valentine's Day, February 14...... Actually, I'm not surprised because on Thursday, December 20, I stopped at Walmart and Christmas decorations and "stuff" was already marked down 25%.
By kebmo [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 16:05 other posts 
As a company it is important for Walmart not to have this inventory sitting in a warehouse somewhere. It is in their financial interest to sell it off as opposed to paying people to physically move it and paying to store it somewhere until next year.
In retail a buyer is someone who decides how much, if any, of any given product should be purchased by the company and where it should be distributed to. The best buyers will have little or no inventory left unsold.
Let’s talk toys for instance, but this refers to anything from handbags to pillows. It is the buyers job to predict what will be a big seller this year but they do it in July so that they can get the inventories in store for Christmas. If a buyer predicts something is going to be a huge seller and it flops, they will be left with all this unsold inventory and will have to mark it down and sell it in a loss but if a buyer predicts something will be a big seller and it is, the company will make a larger profit by selling it and hopefully after Christmas they won’t have much inventory left.
By marking it down quickly and selling it off the floor as opposed to double handling it they actually save money.
As for the Valentine stuff that’s coming out right now it is being put in the same spot as the Christmas stuff was and there is no empty space on the floor. As the Christmas inventory dwindles the Valentines Day inventory expands.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 17:36 other posts 
You're not just a "dick", you're a damn smart dick! Thanks, kebmo, for dumbing it down for a dumb girl like me!
By kebmo [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 17:39 other posts 
I curved retail 101 for you! 🤣

By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 13:02 other posts 
Some things or could it be people just make you want to shake your head.

By dgraff [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 06:35 other posts 
Did everyone have a nice Christmas dinner we made our 50 dollar ham next year Joe Biden said if re-elected he will give everyone a 1 lb caned ham and a 5lb block of that yellow government surplus cheese they were giving out back in the early 1980s
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 08:06 other posts 
My couple of days were busy but good! I was a a friend's house yesterday afternoon, dinner was served later in the day. It's always nice to share holidays with "family", these people aren't related to me by "blood", they're connected by our hearts.

Oh, you need to 'splain, dgraff....please explain the $50.00 ham. Apparently this was not a run-of-the-mill ham found in the local grocery store.
By dgraff [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 09:13 other posts 
Hahaha I only do top shelf meats so to speak
By phart [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 20:43 other posts 
The ham the family had was good but I have discovered that the whole family also now has a head cold! My head feels like a blimp!
By CAT [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 09:38 other posts 
$50 for a ham? I paid $85 for a HoneyBaked glazed ham last week.
By dgraff [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 09:58 other posts 
Holy smokes that’s Biden highway robbery
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 06:30 other posts 
What did Biden DO to make those prices so high IN THE WHOLE WORLD?

We had a Carpaccio roulade with pesto together on first Christmas Day.
It was $15,37 for 726 g and we put it in the oven at 300°F for 50 minutes.
It was pretty good.
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 06:45 other posts 
What did he do to stop the prices from being so high he is supposed to be a president
For the people
Of the people
Sworn to do what ever he can to help the people
That’s what we hired him for not to worry about what previous presidents have hidden in their closet
When in fact he has skeletons of his own
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 06:50 other posts 
The Inflation Reduction Act

Every House Republican Voted Against The Inflation Reduction Act.
Zero congressional Republicans voted for the Inflation Reduction Act.

Did the Republican controlled House propose ANYTHING
to help the American people pay their bills?

Biden doesn't have anything hidden in his closet.
It's just the Republicans who want you to thinks so
and waste all their time focusing on that.
Because they DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.
It's just a stupid distraction, from Trump being involved in about a million court cases.
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 06:57 other posts 
How is that inflation reduction act working for them
Not very well i see
And why should the republicans purpose any thing if it would work it would just make Biden look like a hero he already has a big chip on his shoulder
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 07:13 other posts 
Inflation is down to about 3.1%.
Do you understand inflation?
It's the RISE of prices going down, not the prices itself.
For the prices itself to go down, that would be DEflation.
That would be incredibly harmful to have, with your huge debt.

The best you can have, to fix the problem is the lowest possible inflation,
with wages that are increasing above the inflation level.
That is what Biden's policies are doing.

It's providing high paying jobs to people, while controlling the interest rate to keep the economy from overheating and keeping the deficit at an acceptable level, without damaging the economy by cutting spending to much.
It's a balancing act and his administration is doing it well.
Republicans have no solutions. They will just cut spending on normal Americans and cut taxes for the wealthy. That's 'trickle down ideology', which has never worked and it will never work.

Republican should care about YOU, not about helping or not helping Biden.
I understand that American voters are too dumb to recognize which policies are helping and which are hurting, but that's not a reason to try to destroy the country every time a president from the other party is in office.
You see the Republican party doing that, and you like it. That's DUMB!

You're supposed to vote for the party who tries to make the best of it,
even when they're not in power. Maybe now you at least understand what's so harmful of your two-party system.

I always vote for a party who does its best to make improvements to help the people, even if they are in a small minority.
You vote for a party that does nothing to help you, when they're in power
and actively tries to hurt you when they're not.
You understand that, but you defend it. WHY? Are you mental?
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 08:07 other posts 
Listen all I know is 3 years ago I was making money hand over fist and come tax time I was aloud to keep a larger portion now it’s barely profitable to be in business for your self in July I’m going to retire and do like every one else sponge off the government by that I mean I’m going to live at a poverty level and apply for government handouts healthcare food stamps and what ever else I can get from them then I will root for the democrats because they are very big on handouts
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 08:22 other posts 
If how you are doing is all you know, then how were you doing in late 2020,
when Trump was still in office? You would be an exception if you were doing well.
Many people lost their jobs, their houses and their lives.
You cannot tell me that you were making money hand over fist then.
You must have banned that year 2020 from your mind.

Were you doing better in late 2020, than in the beginning of 2017?
Are you doing better now, than in the beginning of 2020?

You're not just looking at your own situation, aren't you?
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:49 other posts 
No I’m not in 2020 i was spending 100,000 dollars a year with my part’s vendor I was spending 80,000 a year with my tire vendor business was booming and in three years work fell off people are trying to determine whether to get there car fixed or pay their electric bill and it’s not just me either I talk to other garage owners and they hardly have any work either I went through the same thing when Obama was in office but not quite as bad
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

The condition of the car on the road are terrible right now people are not getting them inspected and they haven’t renewed their car tags either and the state police don’t seem to be worried about it
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 12:20 other posts 
And you are telling me that this started after Biden entered office in 2021
and not when the whole world was suffering a collapse from the pandemic?
So when the oil price was negative in april 2020, because no one used their cars, you didn't notice that in your garage?

But when the oil prices shot up, because everyone was driving again in 2022 and 2023, and big oil was price gauging the consumer to recover their lost profits, then a garage started to feel the pain?

And you blame Biden for causing that, how?

And you claim the same for Obama. You didn't see any effects of course from the 2008 crisis, that happened under Bush, but as soon as Obama entered office, the economy dropped into shambles. Right?

I think that's all revisionist memory. Better check your books.
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 15:41 other posts 
I have all my tax returns from the last 40 years you are welcome to look them over and see for yourself you love graphs so much you figure it out
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 18:18 other posts 
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 18:24 other posts 
Don’t you just hate when people from other countries try to tell you what is wrong with your country no one knows what is wrong with our country or they would have fixed it a long time ago obama had 8 years and fixed absolutely nothing
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 20:36 other posts 
Well their media gives a different perspective than ours. so they get a ear full of stuff that is no more factual than we get about them.
If we were to believe everything we see on tv, ukraine is winning the war,and biden is a strong president.
Ananas can at least speak fluently unlike leo, leo calls me everything in the book and never offers a alternative idea that could possible fix anything.
Keeping peace with and discussing things with folks like ananas can at minimum shed light on other peoples opinions of us. The chances of either changing the others minds is very minimum.
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:25 other posts 
That inflation act had a lot of pork in that did nothing for inflation. Mostly to do with climate change crap.

the first line
"President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act is the most significant legislation to combat climate change in our nation’s history,"

That's all I need to know about it, more climate change bullshit. Also forcing payment of much higher wages, making business' s in the green sector less profitable.
Those high paying jobs, are in fields related to climate change ,nothing to fix infrastructure. Infrastructure is things like power lines to carry all that electricity for electric cars,stoves and etc that are being shoved down our throats.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:39 other posts 
That 'pork' creates the high paying jobs I'm talking about.

We know what you think about climate change, but you still know that investing in alternative energy is lucrative. The US is falling back to the rest of the world.
If you try to keep running on the dwindling fossil fuels, that are getting more expensive by the year, America will lose to the competition. Trump understood that, but he was making dumb decisions. Biden is doing much better.

Republicans didn't have any alternatives, they just push against anything that would help, no matter what, because they want you hurting and blame Democrats.

For infrastructure there was The Infrastructure Bill. It does way more to fix your infrastructure than any Republican has done in decades.
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:52 other posts 
Then why did the wind mill project recently go down the tubes?
Thats millions of those tax dollars of ours that denmark got and is giving us nothing back.

Is alternative a good investment? Apparently Ford doesn't think so.
Is Ford still an investor in Rivian?
Ford Motor Company has sold a majority of its Rivian shares, according to regulatory filings. Ford's stake in the electric vehicle maker, which has been dropping steadily since May 2022, is now at 1.15%, or 10.5 million shares Feb 9, 2023

Alternative energy a good investment? Ask the investors that put money into Lordstown,a company I had high hopes for as their truck looks MUCH better than the others,

Solar a good investment? Um, ask all the folks that lost money in these companys/

Alternative energy is just that ,a alternative, it should not be pushed as a primary source.it is a loosing battle. Put it all out there and let the consumer who works for their money spend it on what they WANT for THEIR MONEY>
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 12:49 other posts 
The renewable energy sector will provide lots of jobs.

Why single out Rivian, while you have Tesla and all over the world car manufacturers are selling more and more electric cars? Rivian is losing to the competition, just like Tesla will. That's not a sign that you should keep making gas-burning cars, because they will go the way of the dodo soon.
You're losing the car manufacturer competition:

Maybe your country isn't investing in a smart way, but I'm sure Denmark is doing well. That's because their government is investing publicly and the US is only giving subsidies to private investors. That is not intended to help normal Americans but to help wealthy people, how you like capitalism to do.

An alternative can also be a replacement, like cars were an alternative for horses once. I'm sure people like you thought that was a losing battle.
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 18:19 other posts 
Well ,horses still have right of way ,and you can buy horse feed without paying road tax.Alternative transportation was presented,people chose it,but check with the Amish, they will be using the hwys in Pencilvanye right along
By #681164 27,Dec,23 10:24
Dgraff, a representative of the people is in Congress to try to fix problems, not to worry about a coming election. If they don’t like someone, campaign against him.
By phart [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 11:47 other posts 
Good lord! That should have come with the rest of the sides and someone to serve it. I believe I would just go to Waffle house! They were kind enough to their customers to be open yesterday instead of leaving people no where to eat.
By dgraff [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 17:45 other posts 
We have a Waffle House in Ephrata Pennsylvania I used to be able to eat there long stack but I’m not sure if I could anymore it looks like an awful lot of pancakes
By Jamie [Ignore] 26,Dec,23 20:27 other posts 
Cook a brisket on my smoker it was very good
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 05:28 other posts 
Mmmm I love smoked brisket
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 05:47 other posts 
In Texas, brisket/smoked brisket is like a "religion".
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 05:49 other posts 
I like there religious belief
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 05:09 other posts 
Sunday "services" held at 11am and 6pm! Fr Jamie us officiating.
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 05:29 other posts 
Will there be smoked brisket

By bella! [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 01:50 other posts 
And in Fort Lauderdale, a visitor from Canada has his gold Rolex watch valued at $45,000.00 ripped off his arm all caught on video!

By dgraff [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 19:11 other posts 
And the worst part is the criminal will take it to the nearest pawnshop and get 450 dollars for it
By phart [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 20:41 other posts 
If that much,and the real kicker would be if the pawn broker figured out it was a copy and not the real thing!
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 05:25 other posts 
for sure

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   #13   #14   #15   #16   ...#737

Show It Off