Using Just Your Hands!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #744

Pages:  #1... #737   #738   #739   #740   #741   #742   #743   #744   #745   #746  

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 31,May,18 09:58 other posts 
Danish atress Brigitte Nielsen, 54, is pregnant with her fifth chˇld! A fifth chˇld and 54, too!?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 31,May,18 10:47 other posts 
I bet that's gonna pop out like the log in a log flume

By bella! [Ignore] 30,May,18 23:26 other posts 
How do you feel about your customer concern type calls being routed outside of the country you live in?

Dammit, when I have a problem with my DirectTV in the United States, I want to talk to someone in the United States!
By #545929 31,May,18 00:24
Provided that there is an option to speak with someone who is fluent in my language of choice when I entered into the contract with the company, then I really don't care where they are based.
By kebmo [Ignore] 31,May,18 03:19 other posts 
Canada has two official languages, English and French, so almost all companies offer French when you call their 800# with keypad search options. If they are the French operator they're in Canada so they always speak English too so I get a Canadian that way. This technique is especially beneficial when dealing with the federal government for any reason, they are ALL bilingual and you get faster service if you choose French.
By bella! [Ignore] 31,May,18 04:32 other posts 
My frustration was over a call that I initiated a call to Amazon regarding a return. They wanted me to use UPS and I preferred to use USPS (the United States Postal Service). UPS is about 20 miles away and USPS is 1 mile away.

The Amazon rep indicated that I could leave the package on my porch and UPS would pick it up. I want some type of receipt stating that they (UPS) have the package for liability purposes because I go to work and have a whack-a-doodle, busy neighbor....

I don't know if the conversation was so frustrating because Amazon only uses UPS or because the distance in miles that I would have to travel made no sense to them.
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 31,May,18 05:27 other posts 
Amazon uses both USPS and UPS I use Amazon monthly and have had deliveries from both,seem to me the larger the package,are delivered by UPS. I think it also depends on weather your a prime member or not.Also I think it would have a lot to do with the way the package was shipped to you originally.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 31,May,18 08:24 other posts 
Indeed. I always use French in Canada (once to the frustration of someone at the customs in Toronto, especially when he realized I'm neither French nor Canadian). And in the US I use Spanish. Whenever I hear the "para continuar en espan~ol oprima el dos", that's what I do: I press 2 and speak Spanish. This automatically excludes speaking to someone from India.

Actually, I use different languages whenever I get a phone call from a telemarketer. This ensures getting rid of them quickly.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 31,May,18 08:19 other posts 
US companies rely on cheap labor. Therefore they'll employ anyone who's willing to get paid 1/10 of the salary of someone in the US. Lots of people in the Indian subcontinent, for instance, will accept that happily. This is how capitalism works. It's all about maximizing profit, not about caring whether the employees are Americans or Martians. If they could replace all phone operators by robots/bots, they would. In fact, sooner or later, this will be the only option.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 31,May,18 09:08 other posts 
This is a problem that we in the UK have suffered with for some time. Most commonly the customer support lines were based in India. too often although the support assistant spoke English communication was very difficult, sometimes impossible. There have been many many complaints and some companies have now promised to repatriate their customer service lines.
As a humourous aside i have spoken to customer support assistants from parts of th UK whose accents were so thick that the same problem applied.
By bella! [Ignore] 31,May,18 09:36 other posts 
I can honestly say that for probably 98% of my calls that are geared toward customer service for any company I deal with are answered by someone outside the continental United States. The only entity I deal with where the person on the other end is within the United States is Bank of America. Their representatives will answer saying; "this is so-and-so in Sacramento (or state)".

My DirectTv issue was in April but my persistence paid off as they said I would be issued a credit in the amount of $720.00.

By kebmo [Ignore] 31,May,18 06:08 other posts 
Dick's Sporting Goods stopped selling assault rifles and upped their firearm customer age to 21 in February. They just reported a stock price surge of 27% after reporting a stronger than expected quarterly sales and profit Wednesday.

Gun sales are down but new customer acquisitions are up.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 31,May,18 07:57 other posts 
It makes no sense, does it?

By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,18 09:40 other posts 
I read a short article regarding New York parents that were f0rced into having their 30 year old son legally evicted out of their home.

Question, is there an age that a chˇld should be self sufficient, employed and on their own? At what time is the parent's obligation met?
By 2nice [Ignore] 23,May,18 09:54 other posts 
I’ve always viewed it as 18 years, time to hit the road, k1d. Longer if one chooses to go to school. In which case, 22-23 years old.

I moved out of my parents house one week after my eighteen birthday. Never returned home afterward, like I see so many do nowadays.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,18 10:05 other posts 
I was on my own at 19 years old. Yes, I agree that things were different 100 years ago, when I was growing up.

It is a total eye opener when you venture out on your own. I still remember my shock related to my initial shopping trip. Basically, I shopped for the miscellaneous things that I needed to set up my apartment; cleaning products, toiletries, spices, condiments, the things you buy that will last for a while..... I don't recall the amount I spent only that I spent more than I anticipated and I hadn't even purchased any "real food", yet
By #545929 23,May,18 10:15
Nothing in life should be based on a person's age. it should be based on their capabilities and their ability to accept responsibility for what they are about to undertake. An individual with physical or mental impairments should not be removed from their family home simply because they have turned 18. Conversely, an abled individual should not be given the liberty of becoming a professional parasite.

I read the story that you mentioned and it sounds like the man is perfectly able to look after himself but has chosen not to do so. It's a shame that the parents had to go to such extremes but they are well within their right, in this case.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,18 10:21 other posts 
Thank you.
By #460385 23,May,18 11:04
My wife and I were on our own at 18 and 20. In an apartment, getting married, and having our first son. Like bella said, things were much different and cheaper back then. I think our first apartment cost $700 a month, which included cable and water. In a good neighborhood in a new building. Speaking as a parent of a 24 year old who has a great job and makes good money. It's hard now a days to be on your own as a single individual. It takes two incomes to make it work. The average two bedroom apartment here in Ft. Lauderdale goes from $2,000 and up. Our son has been working and paying his own bills, truck payment, cell phone, truck insurance, he even helps out with dog food for his 2 dogs that we keep. So in our situation, he is welcome to stay as long as he needs for him and his girlfriend to save enough to put a down payment on a house and start a family without being in debt doing so. Then we have a 17 year old, now he is a different story. He is the typical k id of his generation. No job yet, mom and dad pay for everything. He stays up till 4 in the morning playing video games or hanging with friends/girlfriend. He has a year to get his shit together like his b rother did. Or we will send his ass down the road without blinking an eye. So I think each k id is different and each situation is different. But your not gonna be 21 laying around my house with no job playing video games all night. Hell no.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,18 16:50 other posts 
Of course there are relationships between parents and offspring that would be mutually beneficial and/or acceptable for both parties but it seemed apparent that this mom and dad/husband and wife wanted their 30 year old son OUT and he wasn't going to go without a fight. It's too bad that the parents had to go through the process of legally evicting him!

In my situation, I could not abide by the "house rules" ie coming and going as I wanted, which was disruptive to my parents. My pops told me that there were "too many chiefs and not enough Indians" an in his house, he was the chief. Bottom line, go by the house rules or move. I moved and never regretted it, it was time for me to grow up.
By #545929 23,May,18 13:00
UPDATE: The court ruled against the son and he has to leave the family home. The judge spent about 30 minutes trying to convince the son to voluntarily leave his parent's house but he refused. He has said that he is going to appeal the court's ruling. So apparently he doesn't have the means to support himself but he does have the means to launch a legal appeal OR he is furthering his parasitic lifestyle by using legal aid to pay for his appeal.
By #551482 23,May,18 16:54
(Live in Germany although not German) Legal parental responsibility here Ends with completion of Education, so if your beloved offspring jumps directly in the work market, that´s it: if they decide to study, responsibility continues until the study (once only) is complete. I read this article too. I don´t personally think that a specific Age can be attached to this, Kids don´t choose to be Born and the parent(s) are responsible until they can stand on their own two feet. For some it´s easier than others. Bear in mind that the recession hit hard in Europe, it´s increasingly common for "Kids" to move back in with parents simply because rents and the cost of living have become impossible.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,18 17:11 other posts 
Apparently the 30 year old son believes that he is not yet able to stand on his own two feet. So, do you feel that the parents were justified or unjustified in wanting their 30 year old son out of their house?
By #551482 26,May,18 17:28
I believe that in this case, the cuckoo may have grown too big for the nest The Gentleman in question seems to be very comfortable in his Position and not under any sign of duress or worry
By veryshyguy [Ignore] 23,May,18 18:50 other posts 
I was gone by 19, Uncle Sam decided they needed me more than my parents. On my own after I got back home. Paid for school (with help from the GI bill). Paid for all of whatever mistakes I made along the way.

I have no idea what the age when kids should move on, I think it becomes a decision made by the parents, kids, etc. Yes, there are circumstances where that make it difficult for one to more out.

From what I read this person is quite capable of figuring out how to take care of himself. I don't think this person is disabled in any way.
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,May,18 20:54 other posts 
veryshyguy I think he may suffer from lazyfuckingbastarditus. Give him a service peacock and send him on his way!
I was 16.
By #526776 23,May,18 21:20
I moved out @18!! Was in college & worked 2 Jobs. At 23 became a single mom & still was on my own. & my daughter was married & had kids by 30 & damn sure wasn’t on her lazy ass in my house. No way. If there’s a health issue or something that’s understandable.. but I saw that dude interviewed... i agree w the lazy assitius.
By 2nice [Ignore] 29,May,18 08:12 other posts 
One of my co-workers is currently dealing with a 25 year old unemployed st3p s0n who sleeps all day and plays video games all night. His last comment to my friend was priceless, but also quite pathetic when he was lasted grilled about getting a job. He said, “Hey, not everyone needs to work, I mean your parents don’t have a job”! My friends answer back to him, “They’re retired, dumbass”.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,May,18 09:27 other posts 
So, this is your friend's stepson? How long has he been married to the boy's momma?

A stepchild, and in this case, a young man, is a BIG reason why this marriage or a similar marriage could end in divorce. Love does not conquer all and if you don't think this is placing a strain on his marriage, I think you would be wrong. Second marriages are often very tricky when one comes with a chˇld or chˇ ldren or anything that could be construed as "baggage". Chˇ ldren and finances are two of the biggest relationship killers in second marriages.
By 2nice [Ignore] 29,May,18 09:33 other posts 
It puts a strain on the marriage most definitely.
By veryshyguy [Ignore] 24,May,18 19:24 other posts 
I agree, after reading more about the issue and I also saw the interview he surely is suffering from lazyfuckingbastarditus!! Good diagnosis!!!
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 26,May,18 09:02 other posts 
In the UK, the ridiculous rate of house price increases and more stringent rules on deposit size, and high rental costs have made home ownership for young people more problematic for many. The situation may well be different in the US.

I was concerned about how my son would cope, but he and his now wife, rented and are building up a deposit gradually. I was so thrilled as I hoped that he could start an independent life after Uni, just as I did. Living at home definetly the worst option.

I saw this news story and was really appalled by the son's attitude, if it was reported accurately.

I don't suppose there is a hard and fast line. If the **** is doing all that they can to get a job and attempt to build up reserves so that they start an independentt life that is all that we can ask for. But I tend to think that if the **** went to Uni, by 25 they should be independent. If they went straight to work rather than going on to Uni, then sooner.
By #487013 29,May,18 10:07
I was on my own at 14. My Mom was disabled and couldn’t support me, so I had to do it on my own. I grew up really quick. I got married very young, and was unhappy because I did it because I felt alone. My son is 18 now and still lives at home, he works part time and is in school full time and is In the NASA program which isn’t cheap. I don’t pay his phone or insurance but I help him with a place to stay and feed him, etc. I told him he can stay until he is stable, but even then I’d never turn my kids out. They don’t stop being your kids because they turn 18. I guess it would different if he had no goals or ambitions, but I like to think I raised him with a sense of self worth and to know nothing comes in life for free or easy. I guess each parent and **** is different. He knows I’d never allow him to just free load or not pull his weight around the house.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,May,18 10:54 other posts 
As I recall, the initial article that I read did not specify that the 30 year old "chˇld" had any limitations, I got the impression that there was absolutely nothing physically or developmentally wrong with this "young man" other than he was not ready to leave the nest. Yes, each chˇld is different and even in the case of a chˇld having limitations, what happens to that chˇld turned adult once the parent dies?

Yes, I recognize that things are different. Heck, many years ago young men chose to enter the armed forces rather than finishing their education but even now, Uncle Sam is selective about who "he" takes. And many years ago, you could have a high school diploma and get yourself into the job market and be taught skills. Now it is almost mandatory to have a college degree and even then, it does not guarantee that you will find a job. Knowledge alone is nothing if you lack ambition.

It is with sincerity that I applaud you, and the rest of the parents, that were able to raise strong young people and turn them into productive human beings, no matter what their capabilities are. They are OUR future.

By kebmo [Ignore] 29,May,18 04:51 other posts 
Are you watching the NHL Finals? The Las Vegas Golden Knights are made up of 11 Canadians, 7 Europeans and FOUR Americans!
The Washington Capitols are 6 Canadians, 7 Europeans and THREE Americans!
From those numbers, Canadians and Americans should both be going for Vegas!!

By kebmo [Ignore] 23,May,18 21:01 other posts 
Is it unpatriotic for NFL football players to kneel during the anthem?

I don't think it is. I do, however, agree that they are at work and are obligated to follow the company rules just like us real people.

If their employer says to stand, they should stand but their employer would soon suffer the wrath of the company's customers AKA the fans.
By #545929 23,May,18 22:48
The people complaining about the NFL players taking a knee during the anthem are usually wedged into a Lazy-boy, covered in Doritos, while the anthem is playing on their tv.

Standing for any national anthem is merely a courtesy, nothing more.

What the NFL players, who are kneeling, are doing has nothing to do with the anthem, the flag, veterans or patriotism. They are simply using their platform on a national stage, when the cameras are on them, to bring attention and awareness to their cause of injustice and inequality towards people who are black. However, Trump and his knuckle-draggers made it about the flag and the anthem and now the white NFL masters have decided to punish their 'property' if they don't stand during their national anthem.
By #554098 23,May,18 23:16
Respectfully, I disagree. The Flag and the Anthem are symbols of the United States, and are founded in what to Founding Father's fought for, died for, and what all of the soldiers today fight to uphold: A PERSONAL RIGHT to express themselves, to protest, but in reasonable ways.
I know that many of the Armed Forces and Police, that put their lives on the line, daily, so we all have the right to dissent, and disagree. Many have expressed disgust, at this particular form of protest.
Is it 'Wrong', no. Is it in bad taste, and likely to offend many that would have otherwise supported the 'cause'? yes.
I am trying to understand their reason for protesting, but how can I, really, being white, never having faced 'racism' like they have?
I just think that they should protest in another way, that doesn't offend the Flag, the Anthem and what those stand for. I think this particular kind of protest, alienates some that would otherwise support their position!!
In changing any major thing, in any society, the ones that are suppressed NEED, above all, the support of society, as a whole, to **** the change, gathering momentum by gaining supporters.
Kneeling at the Anthem, is losing supporters, I think, that would otherwise be aligned with those issues!
By #545929 24,May,18 00:32
The Founding Fathers of the United States were John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington and are referred to as the Signers of the Declaration of Independence in 1776.

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931.

Unless the Founding Fathers were time travelers, they did NOT fight for and/or die for the National Anthem of the United States.

Many people who have served in the military or who are currently serving have voiced their support of the players right to protest in this manner.

I explained the players reason for protesting.

When you say 'I just think that they should protest in another way', many people have said the exact same thing but have not offered an alternate form of protest which THEY feel would be acceptable.

Black People: March in the streets to bring attention to their cause
White People: Black people should protest peacefully
Black People: Kneel quietly during the national anthem
White People: NO. Not like that
By kebmo [Ignore] 24,May,18 01:48 other posts 
The national anthem started being sang before MLB and NFL games during WW2. It wasn't until 2009 that the NFL players began standing on the field for it.
The thing that changed was that Trump got involved and made it a HUGE issue and of course lied about why they're doing it which his supporters believed to be the truth.
Had he just done the impossible, kept his mouth shut, it wouldn't be such a huge issue today. It would probably quietly disappeared or handled diplomatically behind closed doors.
By PoloFields [Ignore] 25,May,18 16:32 other posts 
Trump turned the issue into not respecting the flag and the military because he didn't want to deal with racist police. NFL owners are sheep.

That said, why are we playing the anthem at sporting events and not before theatre or opera performances? Just start the game.
By kebmo [Ignore] 25,May,18 18:29 other posts 
Good call, just stop singing it but imagine the outcry by the people that will say that the NFL is antipatriotic!! It really is a tough situation for the NFL to be in. Nothing they decide will satisfy everyone. I think telling them to just stay in the locker room is the best that they can do. The fact they are not on the field will be noted.
By #545929 25,May,18 20:52
There is a very simple solution to this.

Play the national anthem before every public event and require all in attendance to sing all FOUR verses of the Star Spangled Banner, including the third verse where it talks of putting slaves in the grave. Once people realize that their national anthem is more than just one verse, they will quickly stop talking about patriotism and will call it for what it is ~ a Racist song written by a Racist.

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
’Tis the star-spangled banner - O long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their **** has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto - “In God is our trust,”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
By #554098 25,May,18 22:28
Reductio ad Absurdum!!
By #554098 25,May,18 22:25
Maybe re-read what I posted! I NEVER said anything about the Founders KNOWING the ANTHEM, but rather said that the FLAG, and ANTHEM, are SYMBOLS of their INTENT, and what they did!!!
'Peaceful Protest' is guaranteed. Being obstructive, disrupting travel on highways, roads and in public places is NOT COVERED by 'Free Speech'!
Our roads, and highways are paid for by our taxes, and the right to pass on them, is as much mine, as yours! If a protest INFRINGES upon my rights, it is ****, and shutting down highways, with these protests is ****.
Your rights END, when they infringe upon another's rights!
Sadly, the local police are too afraid to enforce the laws, and everyone is inconvenienced, and thus ****, and REFUSE to support whatever protest that violates those laws, and inconveniences them!
If you want to protest, YOU NEED POPULAR SUPPORT! What IDIOT imagines that shutting down a highway, is going to gain support for the cause??
By #545929 25,May,18 22:51
When you say ''Peaceful Protest' is guaranteed' ... does that include the peaceful protest by NFL players taking a knee on the field, something which will now guarantee a fine every time they do it. Sounds like that guarantee comes with terms and conditions which are based on the colour of your skin.
By kebmo [Ignore] 25,May,18 23:12 other posts 
RCOOOO, the players are at work. Their right to protest peacefully probably isn't covered at work unless the union votes for it.
By bella! [Ignore] 25,May,18 23:53 other posts 
That's a very good point, kebmo!
By PoloFields [Ignore] 26,May,18 02:27 other posts 
That's part of it, Bella. The players weren't consulted. With a league that has a 70 percent black makeup, it's a continuation of the plantation mentality. It's known at least two owners - of San Francisco and Oakland - abstained from the vote. Compare and contrast with the NBA, which also has a large percentage of blacks, but the league and the players worked together to come to a solution.
By kebmo [Ignore] 26,May,18 04:31 other posts 
The NBA worked it out as adults because Trump didn't stick his nose into it and make it a national issue. I will assume that he watches football but not basketball.

By bella! [Ignore] 24,May,18 10:45 other posts 
Over the years, the names for recording artists or groups have become clever, unique or just plain weird.

Grateful Dead pops into my head, what pops into yours?

only registered users can see external links
By #527431 24,May,18 22:08
The Lovin' Spoonful maybe?
By bella! [Ignore] 24,May,18 22:40 other posts 
Well, of course that is an odd name. And I have been helping my parents edit the mess that they have at their house and found a stack of 45's that belonged to my sˇster. In that stack was one from the Strawberry Alarm Clock, Insense and Peppermints. Wow!
By #527431 24,May,18 22:48
very irregular name, I would say.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 25,May,18 10:47 other posts 
There are so many weird and wacky names of groups in the 1960s. I do remember

Big **** and the holding company, Quicksilver messenger service and Tangerine dream.

In fact in an interview Paul Mccartney did once suggest that the Sgt Pepper album name was a response to the increasingly wierd names of groups.
By #545732 24,May,18 22:54
Here's a couple for you...
The 13th Floor Elevators
The Chocolate Watch Band
By kebmo [Ignore] 25,May,18 03:06 other posts 
Somewhat related:
A folk singer from the '70's named Shawn Phillips wrote a song called She was waiting for her mother at the station in Torino and you know I love you baby but it's getting to heavy to laugh.
His album, Second Contribution is FANTASTIC!

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #737   #738   #739   #740   #741   #742   #743   #744   #745   #746  

Show It Off