Tired of ads
on this site?

Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #655

Pages:  #1... #650   #651   #652   #653   #654   #655   #656   #657   #658   #659   ...#767

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By #565792 06,May,19 20:26
Angel of death announced her departure from the site. Hate to see her go. Great contributions and great tits. A loss to us all

By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 20:08 other posts 
This question is for Americans and you CANNOT Google the term/word.

A member from the UK told me about renting a caravan, a static caravan. Do you have any idea what it is? Remember, no fair Google-ing the term, I want to know if I am the only person who had no idea what-in-the-heck they were about.
By dgraff [Ignore] 04,May,19 20:32 other posts 
Spooner talked of a caravan but his meaning was a group of off road vehicles traveling together to one destination my meaning is a cheep piece of shit minivan
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:01 other posts 
And I've used caravan for in that respect. Back in the day, a group of us would caravan (follow one another) to a specific location.
By phart [Ignore] 04,May,19 20:34 other posts 
A static caravan. Is that a Dodge Caravan with a bad transmission? IF So there is ALOT of them that were on Static display for years around these parts until scrap prices went up.
Frankly,I have no idea what it is. I just had to toss that in the mix!

Edit,I googled it.And I saw it,and I am like,that is NOT that! Sheesh! What do they call a toilet plunger over there? A baby rattler?
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 04,May,19 20:42 other posts 
yes, I know what it is! I better know, I own one! It is my home, also know as a Mobile home. But not the kind you pack up and travel around with.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:07 other posts 
Really? A mobile or modular home in your neck of the woods is referred to a static caravan?
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:45 other posts 
no we call them mobile homes here,I was just stating that I knew what the term static caravan meant.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 23:01 other posts 
Okay.

Gee, in my mind, static is not something that I would think of in a favorable way. In my head, static caravan was not good, besides, I favor GM vehicles.
By JustWill [Ignore] 04,May,19 23:47 other posts 
Static means not moving or unchanging.
By bella! [Ignore] 05,May,19 06:54 other posts 
Huh?

In all my years, I can HONESTLY say that I did not know that. With my confidence feeling rather shakey, I Google'd "static" to see that my understanding and interpretation of "static" is as a noun HOWEVER when used as an adjective, there is an entirely different meaning. Thank you JustWill!
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:05 other posts 
Yup, a Dodge Caravan. Often times in the winter, my house does not have enough humidity and I can get static shocks. My hair gets static and does it own thing. And yes, the dreaded static cling.
By #372661 04,May,19 20:43
I think Americans would use the term mobile home perhaps more specifically a "park model"

Source: I owned about 50 mobile homes when I wax a pseudo slum lord.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:17 other posts 
I just learned of the term, "park model" recently. From what I understand, there is a difference in a mobile home and a park model only because the woman I spoke with corrected me multiple times. What I took away from that conversation was not only a headache, she stressed that park models are held to a maximum length and in Florida, I believe that the longest a park model can be is 40 feet.

If a park model is a shorter version of a mobile home, why not call a spade a spade?
By #372661 04,May,19 21:32
A park model is considered a recreational vehicle so it's subject to different regulations and taxes which might be of some advantage. I'm thinking of buying one to place on a commercial property i own as caretakers/night watchperson quarters. It would be ideal for a retired marine not married with a dog.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:41 other posts 
A retired marine with a dog. Her little buddy is probably a Maltese so there will be enough room but her biggest concern is will there be enough closet space for her shoes?
By #372661 04,May,19 21:46
Ahh,a first world problem indeed.
By phart [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:55 other posts 
Park models ,the static caravans, are not fully self contained as in septic and water tanks, generators,12 volt dc and 120 volt ac convertors like a camper.
BUT the park model can be towed by a average pickup truck to it's location,like a camper. Unlike a Mobile home which would require a heavyer truck than what most consumers here in the US have.
By phart [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:56 other posts 
kasiercheck the zoning regs, i doubt the insurance on the commercial property would like someone having sleeping quarters on commercial property.
By #372661 04,May,19 22:07
Good point Sir. I will speak with my insurance man. I recall some question about a night guard on the policy questionnaire. There are living quarters above the warehouse.
By dgraff [Ignore] 04,May,19 22:18 other posts 
Hey Kaiser I'm not a marine but a renegade biker just as deadly different training I have a red pitbull Rottweiler mix he's a big baby but he has his moods am I right for the job
By #372661 04,May,19 22:22
I would love to have you at the compound. Ever been to Washington state?
By dgraff [Ignore] 05,May,19 04:15 other posts 
No but I bought and had shipped my safari arms match master long slide 45 auto from the state of Washington they use to be Olympic arms and an application came with it to join a malicia there
By #372661 05,May,19 09:02
That's a nice piece for sure. Olympic's AR15 chambered in 22-250 is on my list to aquire. It's often windy here and ultra high velocity is a must. Plus I prefer smaller caliber weapons.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 23:22 other posts 
For sure, Muggsy is a big ol' baby!
By admin [Ignore] 04,May,19 22:04 other posts 
I'm not a native English speaker at all, but the word caravan was used several times in the cult "Snatch" movie.

only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 23:15 other posts 
In that clip, what they referred to as a caravan, I would call a camper. Campers are something that we would trailer behind a car. From what I could see, based on a picture I received, a static caravan is what I would say is a (stationary) mobile or modular home. Odd, we call it a mobile home but for the most part, when the unit is pur in place by a truck, the tires are often removed, tossed under the home and a "skirt" is added to give the mobile home a finished appearance.

And for heaven's sake, can anyone identify what language they were speaking? Thank goodness for English subtitles, I was able to follow along.
By #580336 05,May,19 01:13
Haha, this has made me chuckle. Being in the UK , can I try and explain a static caravan yet or do you want to keep guessing ?
By bella! [Ignore] 05,May,19 06:46 other posts 
I get the impression that you don't think we "nailed" it even though it was my opinion that two of the members understood what a static caravan was. In your words, please explain a static caravan.

And on a side note, did you have any idea what language the actors/actresses were speaking in the clip attached by admin? I'm really curious, I needed to read the subtitles.
By #580336 05,May,19 10:41
A ' static ' caravan is basically a home which is usually about 40ft long ( 12mtrs approx ) X by about 12ft wide ( 3.5mtrs approx). There is a smaller size but can't remember it off top of my head. They usually have everything you would expect to see in a normal house but all on one level. The closest I think I could describe them as is like your trailer parks, where the ' trailers ' are not towed it but bought in by lorries. An awful lot of coastal ' holiday parks ' here in the UK use them as holiday accommodation, as they are cheap( ish , much cheaper than a house! ). They generally are not modular but you can get some in two sections. You can not tie them behind a vehicle on our roads, they have to be moved by flat bed lorry , but despite the name ' static' , they do have wheels and can be moved by a tractor or a large four wheel drive. They can also be quite luxurious but they do have a limited life span
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

Oh and the accents in the clip is english and irish
By bella! [Ignore] 05,May,19 12:24 other posts 
Thank you for the explanation of a static caravan. My guess is that it is comparable to what we call a "park model", with a maximum length of 40 feet.

When I heard the term "park model", I assumed it was something like when builders build homes and they have a "model home" that is available for you to view and choose options. Builders will often boast about homes "starting at" whatever but their "model home" usually features all the upgrades and us nowhere near the starting price they advertise at.

And thank you for pointing out what those accents were English and Irish. Just another question, what language were they speaking? Dang, that was NOT English, I needed the subtitles to follow along.
By #580336 05,May,19 12:59
Lol, believe it or not it is English, just a really ' thick ' Irish accent! I understood every word lol. The travelling community ( being nice and not offensive ) , tend to talk with very thick accents and then to top it all, they speak incredibly dast
By bella! [Ignore] 05,May,19 17:17 other posts 
I often have difficulty understanding Southern accents. It's like how can we both be talking English and I can't understand you!?
By #580336 06,May,19 01:22
I know what you mean lol. I have a couple of Scottish friends and when they have had a few to drink they are very hard to understand
By #551482 05,May,19 17:57
A Caravan always has wheels (but no engine) and can be towed anywhere(or as you say trailered). A mobile home is bigger and has wheels to tow it to its final location but then stays there. The language is English with Cockney Accent.

Great movie Snatch. Beware of any man who keeps pigs

Whats´s in the car? Seats and a steering wheel
By #460385 05,May,19 08:24
I've always thought that the British call what we call a travel trailer or RV a caravan?
By bella! [Ignore] 05,May,19 10:04 other posts 
I learned something today from Mr. JustWill, he's amazingly intelligent and SO FULL OF KNOWLEDGE. Static means not moving or unchanging. Couple that with caravan, "static caravan" is more equivalent to what we look at and refer to as a mobile home or park model.

It's peculiar that we call a mobile home a mobile home. It cannot be pulled by a car, it's brought in with wheels attached to and towed by a BIG truck. Once it is secured to a foundation, the wheels are removed and is no longer mobile.

Hey, you are a Floridian, care to give your spin on what makes a park model a park model?
By #460385 05,May,19 10:32
Some people call it a trailer park some call it a mobile home park. Either way at least here, in a Mobile home Park or a trailer park you won't see RVs in it. In an RV Park you will have RVs and travel trailers and occasionally mobile homes. I would say about 50% of the mobile home parks and the RV parks here are seasonal. Mostly occupied by Canadians. Some take their RVs home most of them leave them here year-round. A lot of the permanent travel trailers have been made static. So I guess you could say a travel trailer could be a static RV as well.
By phart [Ignore] 05,May,19 12:53 other posts 
What was weird for me was on my trip to Michigan I stay at Crystal Springs campground I think it was.Oh the pictures were lovely. When we all got there, there was Winnebagos that had become STATIC eons ago with the tires blown off the rims and windows boarded up and a tv shining thru the cracks in the blinds!
Southern rednecks could have give them some pointers!
By kebmo [Ignore] 05,May,19 23:54 other posts 
The Canadians that go to Florida for the winter are Snow Birds. Phoenix gets a lot of the Snow Birds from Western Canada.

By onthelose [Ignore] 05,May,19 17:24 other posts 
It is my belief that a caravan is what we would call a motorhome. As for static I would say one that is made to park in an RV park.

By #536913 05,May,19 03:48
So I'm pretty sure I'm setting myself up for sadness. There's a girl I'm after, but she's getting ready to move to another state for school in a few months. It seems like a dead end, but I just can't resist her. I know I should back off, but I keep trying to get in closer. Anyone else ever been in that sort of situation where you know it can't work but you can't get yourself to give up?
By dgraff [Ignore] 05,May,19 04:27 other posts 
I'm in that situation now I have a young man living with me he's 37 years younger then me and I know in my heart it can't work he's young and has no idea what he wants in life and I'm pretty much established and set in my ways we have absofuckinglutely nothing to talk about the only thing we have going for us is sex so my advice to you is just ride the wave till you come to the shore line and enjoy the ride
By phart [Ignore] 05,May,19 08:08 other posts 
forget about it now or forget about it later.Either way you won't get her if she is going away to improve her future.
Save the grief and forget now.

By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 21:30 other posts 
I saw this video on YouTube. Whoever edited clips out of old movies to sync it to Bruno Mars, UPTOWN FUNK, did a brilliant job.

only registered users can see external links

By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 18:03 other posts 
Hey! All you Pennsylvania members, yes, dgraff, JustWill, pifad and the rest of you.....

What, was everyone asleep in Harrisburg, PA? Uh, police have two suspects in custody for stealing approximately 2,000 pairs of panties from Victoria's Se/cret. Yeah, approximately 2,000 pairs of panties were stolen, valued at $21,000.00.
By #460385 04,May,19 18:06
I'm sure it was out the back door and not the front door.
By dgraff [Ignore] 04,May,19 18:19 other posts 
Omg for real I didn't hear about that hell that's 1/2 hour from me
By phart [Ignore] 04,May,19 18:31 other posts 
I am sorry,but unless a model was wearing them at the time I stole them,or bought them,there aint no pair of female underwares worth that kinda money!
By dgraff [Ignore] 04,May,19 19:05 other posts 
Harrisburg is a bad city I don't go there with out packing heat I simply refuse to become a statistic in a restaurant or store

By bella! [Ignore] 04,May,19 17:48 other posts 
In Lincoln, Nebraska, police are saying that a 32 year old man is recovering after dropping his gun on the sidewalk and accidentally shooting himself in the genitals.

Yikes! What's the chance of that happening?
By phart [Ignore] 04,May,19 18:33 other posts 
Something similar happened last year in a resturant bathroom not far from here.Fellow had a cheap compact type pistol in his pocket and was trying to piss in the comode and it fell out and went off and damn near shot his dick off. I bet he bought a better grade of pistol after that!

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #650   #651   #652   #653   #654   #655   #656   #657   #658   #659   ...#767

Show It Off