Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Tired of ads
on this site?

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #626

Pages:  #1... #621   #622   #623   #624   #625   #626   #627   #628   #629   #630   ...#746

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 22,May,19 16:13 other posts 
James Holzhauer, 34, a professional sports gambler, has 24 Jeopardy wins under his belt and the streak continues. UNBELIEVABLE! AND he's won a staggering 1.8 million USD.

only registered users can see external links
By kebmo [Ignore] 22,May,19 23:54 other posts 
I watch Jeopardy every day and this guy is by far the smartest guy with the guts to match. His speed on the button is second to none. He currently holds the top 13 largest single day winnings! He's absolutely amazing!!
Wednesday was his 25th win and his total is now $1,939,027.
He trails only Ken Jennings, with 74 victories and $2,520,700 in prize winnings.
His technique is unique because he goes from the bottom to the top and he's (almost) always right! He's just so unbelievably smart!
I bet he has a nice big cut cock to match his HUGE balls!!
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,19 00:30 other posts 
Ken Jennings had 74 consecutive wins? YIKES! 5 programs per week.....frick! Ken Jennings had to be on Jeopardy every night for almost 15 weeks straight. That's impressive!
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,May,19 00:59 other posts 
They tape five shows in one day. Here's Alex Trebek's day: only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 23,May,19 01:04 other posts 
Yes, but as a viewer, we see only one episode daily. So every day for almost 15 weeks, straight, every time you flipped on your television to watch Jeopardy, you saw Ken Jennings.
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,May,19 01:30 other posts 
I'm pretty sure I saw them all.

By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 13:40 other posts 
Does any member have a legal background that I might bounce something off of you publicly or privately? Thank you.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 19,May,19 15:25 other posts 
Yes, I would take legal advice off a cunt site
By #551147 19,May,19 15:40
Ummmmm it's faaaar more a "Dick Site"
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 16:00 other posts 
I think I know the answer, I'm hoping someone might say,"you're thinking is correct". Thanks for your concern.
By #584076 19,May,19 17:10
If by legal background you mean "know my way round a courtroom" they the scales of justice are my screensaver!
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 17:14 other posts 
Thank you, I was hoping someone in the States could answer my concern.

It has to do with a neighbor authorizing a business to move large equipment across my property without my knowledge or consent.
By #460385 19,May,19 18:02
Call your city code enforcement. Permits and site plans are needed for that work.
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 19:29 other posts 
I would think it is beyond that.

We have had an enormous amount of rain and the water levels on the lakes are EXTREMELY high. My house is actually on the St. Clair River/Lake St. Clair, the lake that connects Lake Huron to Lake Erie. From my understanding, the water hasn't been this high since 1986. Bottom line, people have been sandbagging because water levels have gone over some seawalls. Short story, I have a high steel seawall HOWEVER my neighbor has a wooden seawall that is not as high. She is finally replacing her seawall as well as the other neighbor on her other side. This company rolled across my property in the winter, although I was unaware until he wanted his equipment and he had to ask me to move my car. We had a discussion then, he said my neighbor said it was okay for him to do so. I asked if she had been drinking that day and he said he thought she had dementia. Better reason to ask me. He's back again but this time the ground is so wet, he's left deep tire track marks bringing in his backhoe. When I touched base with him once again, he said the neighbor said that it was okay.... In my head, I have to be a "reasonable neighbor" but I'm unclear who is responsible for what happens to my property. Is it him or is it my neighbor?

To do seawall repair, I BELIEVE it is beyond local ordinances and permits, I BELIEVE that approvals are required from DEQ, Department of Environmental Quality. I think that the Army Corp of Engineers previously handled these matters.

What I want is a 24 hour notice prior to him rolling anything across my property so I can be there. I think I'm going to post "NO TRESPASSING" signs (super tacky) and send my neighbor a registered letter, signature required, telling her about the 24 hour notification and request an understanding of who will be responsible for repairing my property.

The caveat is my neighbor does has dementia and she has another woman helping her make decisions. This woman seems business savvy and I met her yesterday after I called the police. I don't understand how the lady helper thinks she can use the "your never home" excuse to justify things that "they" approved without bringing me into the loop. I'M PISSED!
By #551147 19,May,19 20:37
With no proof of written consent from you to the trespassers, I would venture to say that those that crossed your property hold absolute responsibility as it is their equipment, and should know better. Let's hope they are a legitimate bonded and insured company. I would absolutely start with that company's leader for holding them responsible. Good luck!
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:03 other posts 
Well, that's my thought. He should have all his "ducks in a row" so that he can proceed.

I knew my neighbor is/was a drinker so her judgment is often impaired. It was clear to me yesterday that my neighbor is unable to gather thought and communicate effectively because she is battling dementia. Yesterday was the first time I met the woman who identified herself as my neighbor's "friend". My guess is she is the friend is giving the "go ahead" approval. I'm don't want to be a difficult neighbor, I just want to understand WHO will be taking care of any damage!?
By #372661 20,May,19 12:09
Ahhh, there's the key word, DAMAGE(S). I've found in my life as a owner of many properties the key phase when conversing about wrongdoing is to use the phrase, "I have damages". It's one thing to walk or drive across one's property and quite another to damage it. Easement or no easement, landlocked or not, damage is never OK.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,May,19 13:25 other posts 
The ground is SO wet and so much of it is clay, I highly doubt that the impressions created by his truck and backhoe are just going to plump up on its own. As far as the downspout, I can slide the piece back on but the fact that it was knocked off while he moved his equipment in, suggests that he was much too close to my house. I don't want to come home one day and find siding ripped off the house or "basement" windows broken and nobody knows what happened.
By #372661 20,May,19 21:26
I'm with you there. Sounds like a cool property and place to live and I sure as heck would not want anyone defiling it.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,May,19 21:31 other posts 
It is a pretty place to live and that's why I don't mind driving 48.6 miles (I say 50 miles because if I deviate from my normal route because of traffic or an accident, it increases mileage) to and from work each day.
By phart [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:03 other posts 
That is complicated but I would think you are eligibal to get the yard repaired after the work is done.If there is no reasonable access to the area being worked on,the government may take that in consideration if you try to take action. Land locked is a term similar to what I think would be used there.Limited or no access other wise. In a land lock case, 8 feet of right of way has to be granted by the nearest access to a highway.
Repairing a seawall would be considered a nessasary thing unlike a swiming pool or patio.
There was a similar situation involving a new home and a old farm road near here. The rich folks didn't want the concrete trucks and what not to damage their new driveway. since the farmroad was there before they bought it and the land was legaly accessiable then,the law said 8 feet had to be granted and it kept the nieghbors driveway tore up for months,chickens were ran over,dog injured.BUT when the work was done, the folks that had built the house had to repair all damage and pay for the chickens and what not.
YOu do have rights here but since it is a seawall,you may have to wait to get the yard fixed until the work is done.
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:12 other posts 
Barges are used to bring in the steel seawall panels, why couldn't he put his backhoe on the barge and figure out how to get it off? OR take his backhoe 3 houses down from me, run it through that neighbor's yard? The two houses having their seawalls changed out are in between the houses that would provide access. I want to "share the wealth".
By bella! [Ignore] 22,May,19 13:33 other posts 
Since I was not able to connect with the DEQ by way of phone, I connected by way of email. There has been no permit pulled at this time to do any seawall repair or replacement at my neighbor's house.
By phart [Ignore] 19,May,19 18:24 other posts 
It may depend on if the bussiness is a contractor for a company having right of way. For example, is there a gas line on your land? Could be the bussiness is a contractor.
Is there a power line,water line?
You have rights but at the same time if a previous land owner gave right of way, easement or whatever to a company provideing service, your hands could be tied. They very well could be held responsiable for major damage to landscapeing or whatever.
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 19:55 other posts 
No, this is private work, nothing relating to utilities. I don't know if I have to chase after DTE, it is the electric company for southeast Michigan OR the builder of the new homes across the street.... There was a wooded area across the street from me until a builder snapped up the property and built two homes. In order to get electricity to these homes, they installed a utility pole to run the power wires from the utility pole on my property at the road to the utility pole on the other side of the road. Whatever work was done, that grass was tore up, too.
By #585719 19,May,19 17:34
You don't need legal advice for that. Your land is effectively posted to any major use. If you don't have signs then a person could go up to your door and knock, but what you describe is not permissible. Many states and counties have trespassing laws. Something like this is easy to research. Call your local sheriff but not 911 and tell the desk sergeant what happened and ask to see if you have any rights.
--------------------------------------- added after 85 seconds

As my Dad used to say, "Some people have balls."
--------------------------------------- added after 59 minutes

Phart might be partially right. If there are utilities in your property then they could access them, but, they have to advice you prior to doing any work except in an emergency. You could protest the work and seek a court order to desist until there's a court hearing.
By dgraff [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:23 other posts 
Bella your a tough gal from the mean streets of Detroit if I were you I would throw Molotov cocktails at the equipment as the operator dives off barrel rolling to safety
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

Unfortunately my way will get you 5 to 20 years in state lockup and a lot of publicity in your local news paper
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:48 other posts 
I don't consider myself tough, I just don't think I'm a pushover or stupid.

I balance financial records for a major health insurance company. I work closely with our Finance department as well as legal AND I used to watch some television but it was more like Judge Judy and Law & Order kinda stuff. One of the things that I've learned from my working career is "get it in writing".
By dgraff [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:54 other posts 
Yeah I'm just screwing around get it in writing is the best idea
By bella! [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:51 other posts 
Hey, dgraff, I will take "tough" over some of the names I've been called here.
By dgraff [Ignore] 19,May,19 22:56 other posts 
I meant that as a compliment of course I like tough gals
--------------------------------------- added after 7 minutes

Hahaha I can picture you on the back of my bike all dolled up in a leather motorcycle jacket and leather chaps on our way to a biker rally
By #578610 20,May,19 08:41
With crotch-less mini pants and halter top?
By #578610 20,May,19 08:44
Bella, I won't apologize for my share of those names you've been called here, but, taking it on the chin certainly makes you a very tough lady. If I was a man with a hat, I'd tip that hat to you for that.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,May,19 09:20 other posts 
Of course, why would you feel any remorse or apologize? You feel completely justified with your name calling, you hate me that's all the reason you need.

I do not have any influence over what people say to you or about you in this thread or any thread. I will make the choice to ignore you.
By #578610 20,May,19 09:47
Why would I? You know very well you are not blameless either. You are fond of saying, " I do not have any influence over what people say to you or about you in this thread or any thread." If you choose to believe that, ok. If you do though, I'll start believing you've been hitting the scotch a lot more than a shot or two.
What other people say about me I can take it up with them. You, on the other hand, I have to take up with you.
I will make the choice to ignore you. Can you really do that? Because every time you've said that previously you came back to tweak my nose. Lets co-exist. You know why I'm here and it's not to be friendly to you. Still, the above comment was sincere and my way to be nice to you.
By #585719 20,May,19 10:44
You two should rent a gym. Go for twelve rounds, no holds barred. Pussy fights are very popular. The Belle from Michigan vs the Miami Hot Potato.
By #551147 20,May,19 14:42
Wouldn't that be more akin to Lady vs The Tramp? 😆🤣😂

He, ➡️➡️➡️ 😈 made me do it!
By #578610 20,May,19 15:18
Hey! Apologize to Bella. How dare you, in her thread

By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 07:38 other posts 
For those curious about M&M's new flavor, Mexican Jalapeño Peanut, I tried a couple and in my opinion, they were strange.

I'm not sure that my palate is refined enough to understand the art of infusion and I've said this before, I'm more of a purist. My tastebuds might not be challenged enough so this is my interpretation of the candy I had. When I opened the bag, I did not notice anything different regarding the aroma, same thought when I initially popped the candy in my mouth and began to chew. The heat came after the chewing was almost over and in my opinion, the heat and taste provided was that of Jalapeño. If anyone else has tried this candy, I would be curious to know what your thoughts were.
By #584076 21,May,19 08:10
I cannot think of 2 flavours I'd be less inclined to combine.

But I would try it if they sold that shit here.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 08:56 other posts 
It does seem like an odd pairing and it didn't work for me.
By #584076 21,May,19 09:03
Food-wise (yeah, I'm not fooling anyone about it being just food), I'd give almost anything a try at least once...

I have an insatiable curiosity and an irrational fear of missing out.
By #551147 21,May,19 09:51
Well heck, if you were brave enough to try those, give the ole peanut butter and pickle a shot. 😆🤣😂

After seeing that, and knowing I had those on hand, I gathered a few test subjects (my kids) and I and we tried it...
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 09:57 other posts 
Have you tried that combo yourself or are you just goading me on?
By #551147 21,May,19 10:04
No no the kids and I really did try it. I was intrigued.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 10:15 other posts 
I might ask my friend if she would like to try and perhaps I could convince her to go half-sies with me. Misery loves company.
By #551147 21,May,19 10:48
Hey my kids were fighting over the Jelly Belly/Harry Potter Every flavor jelly beans when they first came out. "Give me a grass flavored one, no! You ate the only soap flavored one. I wanna try the vomit, ooo I want one of the earwax, Mom he won't give me a dirt flavored one." So yeah, I drug them in on the taste test too. As always with kids it was definately worth the price of admission. 😆😆🤣😂
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 11:01 other posts 
One hundred years ago, there was a candy called SNAPS. They were tubular shaped, black licorice with a color coating that contained flavor. The colors were brownish/tan, green and white. One kinda tasted like banana and one tasted like it was made with a hint of soap and for whatever reason, I liked them.
By #551147 21,May,19 11:23
Blek! 😝 I do in fact remember those, couldn't stand'em. But I hate black licorice too. Lol
By JustWill [Ignore] 21,May,19 11:26 other posts 
Dammit! What have I told you about this "black" licorice nonsense?
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 11:31 other posts 
I like black licorice and I liked the SNAP that tasted like soap! Doi!
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 11:42 other posts 
That you don't like it?
By JustWill [Ignore] 21,May,19 11:54 other posts 
No, that the "black" part is superfluous. It's like saying "wet" water or "cold" snow.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 12:02 other posts 
Well, I wanted to differentiate between black and red because I do remember someone saying there was no such thing as red licorice!
By JustWill [Ignore] 21,May,19 12:17 other posts 
That red shit isn't licorice, blast it! It doesn't taste like licorice (truly one of the most disgusting flavors on Earth). It's frickin' RED flavored. It can't be licorice if it doesn't taste like licorice!
You don't need to differentiate.
That would be like feeling a need to differentiate between apples and elephants.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,May,19 14:00 other posts 
Hey, JustWill, something odd.....hotpussy is responding to your apples and elephants post but I thought that you two had blacklisted one another.
By JustWill [Ignore] 21,May,19 14:15 other posts 
We have. I can't see what the Crone is posting. She's doing that creepy thing where she signs-off to read my posts. Apparently, she is obsessed.
--------------------------------------- added after 92 seconds

It's kind of sad and pathetic, don't you think?
But, what else do you expect from the driver of the Crazy wagon?
By #578610 22,May,19 08:55
Every time I’m about to log in, I first check the forums. Everyone’s posts, regular and from blocked members show up. It takes 5 min as I only have to look at the top
10 threads. Blocking is useless on forums. It just makes it harder to communicate.
JustWill and I have blocked each other. There are times when one or the other wants information to be conveyed to the other. We both look at the relevant threads when we are not signed in. I’d suggest unblocking each other, but, this way we have a buffer to prevent knee jerk reactions to the stupidities we both spout.
By #585719 21,May,19 09:17
F☆☆k, I don't know who to address this to. As having tasted the real "C"andy and liking her, I think Jalapeño tasting M&M's would be gross.
By #578610 21,May,19 12:30
There's no such thing as red or black licorice anymore. There's just red or black Twizlers.
JustWill, I knew you had a big mouth. Eating an elephant. Wow

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #621   #622   #623   #624   #625   #626   #627   #628   #629   #630   ...#746

Show It Off