Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #584

Pages:  #1... #579   #580   #581   #582   #583   #584   #585   #586   #587   #588   ...#755

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 15:09 other posts 
I often wonder if people are just "over the top" in the United States or if they are "over the top" all over the world? I'm certainly glad that I never pursued a job in law enforcement or that anyone near and dear to me is within that field. As a police officer working in any large city, you probably face danger every single day and most likely have only moments to make life or death decisions. In this scenario, the officer allegedly observed a man drinking on the street and when he confronted the offender, the offender spat in the officer's face. Watch the quite brutal video and comment on whether or not, the officer used excessive force.

only registered users can see external links
--------------------------------------- added after 4 minutes

This is basically the same video but not seen in the previous video, watch the guy seated in the bus stop get up and pocket the man's cell phone that bounced out of his pocket.

By #598364 29,Nov,19 15:34
Our police officers are often unfairly maligned fir being too forceful, even in dire situations where the offender poses a clear danger. Surely drinking in the street is not not not such a threatening case. So yes I think excessive force was used here; indeed the way in which the offender’s head was slammed against the curb cloud be life threatening.
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 15:42 other posts 
Yes, drinking on the street is not "up there" on the crime charts but the offender spat in the officer's face. Who knows what disease(s) the guy has..... And seeing the offender's head BOUNCE up when it hit the curb is sickening.

I don't know how I would have reacted in that situation.
By phart [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 18:04 other posts 
Well it is getting to be a damned if they do,damned if they don't for cops.I feel like alot of times they are using a bit more force or more charges and tickets than really should be but as citizens we are not the 1's getting spit on,shot at and so forth either.
By sherryann [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 21:05 other posts 
The CPD deals with the worst
criminal element on earth
while working to protect those
who think they're above the law.
They're not only spit on, they get
attacked & murdered. The liberal MSM won't show footage of what happened prior to this...they don't want you to see just how dangerous a po's job is in the hellhole PC sanctuary city of Chicago. Instead they'll bombard
you with the clip above.
By kebmo [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 21:45 other posts 
So sherryann, what happened before the clip starts?
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 16:48 other posts 
Kebmo,whatever she did or
didn't record on
her cell phone.
By kebmo [Ignore] 29,Nov,19 21:37 other posts 
I just saw this on the news.
Let's be clear, none of us know what happened before the officer did what he did. The man was obviously very close to the officer for him to do that. Another officer might have pulled out his gun and shot him dead but we don't know because the clip starts after the officer made his decision.
I don't have enough information to form an opinion about his actions.
By phart [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 09:19 other posts 
If I had been spit on,I am not sure I could contain myself either.

It would help to have the body cam footage avaliable.
BUT here is what urks me about that body cam stuff.
Have you ever noticed it takes days if not weeks before the public sees the body cam footage? Also,have you ever noticed how grainy,distorted,noisy it is?
UM,you can buy good hi res cameras for only a few bucks.Why is it law enforcement uses something from Toys are us?
My Theory is, it is delibrate.The grainyer footage is,the easier it is to edit without high educated eyes being ahle to see it.Noisey means voices and sounds can be added,again,without us common folk noticeing.
I am NOT saying this is what is done.BUT if I was being accused of something,and body cam footage was used to try and falsely convict me,this would be part of my defense.If you have watched almost any movie,you have saw special effects in action.NOthing is there to prevent body cam footage from being altered except the cops that operate with the mindset we the people are trusting them to be honest and protect us.We all know some are not.
Live body cam footage show be visiable by logging into the departments website and keying in a badge number.IF the cops know they could be watched, they would be more careful .Put them in the same glass house all the rest of the government employees are expected to work in.Very soon,you would have NO doubts as to what happened in a situation like this.
By #551147 30,Nov,19 17:34
What's for debate here?

Knowing he spit in the officers face... He minimally got what he deserved in my opinion. NO sympathy!

I act appropriately when stopped, matter of fact, overly so.

They are out there under severe pressure, life always on the line for their fellow citizens, shit pay in contrast to the duties expected, shitty hours. Just to name a few things, cut'em a break ffs!

Let's instead address the responsibility of the individual to act with some gotdamn sense when out in public, instead of everyone around him having to conform to HIS behavior.

Now, if they shot him... DEFINITELY excessive force.
But alas... They didn't.

Stupid motherfucker got what he deserved.
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 18:06 other posts 
THIS is why I adore you! (One reason). Not many people, no, scratch that, NO ONE has the good sense to realize this! When the police stop you, you do what they say, simple. Their job is the hardest, most dangerous job to work ever, especially in Chicago.
They're hated by everyone, except for a very few of us. So glad you weighed in here!
By phart [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 18:31 other posts 
It is a no brainer when stopped or addressed by police to act with some sense.I have never had any issues with what few traffic stops I have had.Just seat belt tickets. But any how,spitting on the man,officer or not is violating his space. I don't mind the jackass having his head adjusted.When on my rant this morning i had just been thinking not to long before reading this thread about a recent police shooting locally that it took 2 weeks before anyone saw the footage.And then it was very confusing and such.
I don't hate law enforcement,sometimes they do get out of hand abit.But the stress of that job, it is not for everybody.
By #551147 30,Nov,19 18:46
I guess all involved should thank their lucky stars that the disorderly wasn't black. It would have been worldwide news, the officer would already be in jail and his friends and family smeared beyond belief. Labeled as 5he biggest racist pig to ever have lived.

Oh sure! There are shitheads in ANY segment of society, that's unavoidable.
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 19:02 other posts 
The spitter was black.
The officer was likely
too. If he was white,
you would hear it nonstop.
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 19:13 other posts 
What you said is so very
accurate! Too bad society as a whole cannot comprehend these simple truths you and I know. I am actually in awe that there is someone out here that fully understands this while not being afraid to say it. Scorpio, never change. You are completely aware of what's up. Most are in the dark never to see the light that is right in front of them.
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 18:57 other posts 
Phart, that is what normal
people do,obey police
commands. Some don't.
By #551147 30,Nov,19 20:32
Just a matter of time before one of the site loons come strolling along to question your "obey" statement. Something along the lines of... "What are we dog's?"
By sherryann [Ignore] 30,Nov,19 21:29 other posts 
Yeah I know... but in this particular case they can't measure up to what I know about this and what the MSM WANTS them to know. But I know you're right and I am never surprised at others' views. I am alone in what I know to be factual. I quit trying to sway others' years ago. Glad a few here like you are truth tellers.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 06:48 other posts 
You've clearly never been targeted by your appearance then!!!

So I guess I fall into the site loon category this week...

I don't obey people who are trying to kick the shit out of me cuz I look a certain way....and want to feel me up and search me to humiliate me in front of my peers....just cuz they have nothing better to do...
By bella! [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 07:26 other posts 
This incident didn't seem to get extreme coverage ie I don't recall seeing it in our local newspapers or hear it on local or national news. I did happen to see a very small article in yesterday's paper that said the incident was a result of the perpetrator being observed drinking on the street and when approached by the officer, began kicking. The incident is still under investigation, the perpetrator remains hospitalized and the officer went to the hospital to undergo "tests".

I don't believe that you are a site loon, mr_blue, but surely expectations of how people act/behave when approached by police officers cannot be that different in your country. I would like to believe that police officers don't "feel up" or intentionally humiliate perpetrators whether they are with or not with their peer members. I believe that if there is reasonable cause, officers will pat you down to insure their safety. If in fact the man on the street was observed drinking and when approached by police began kicking, that might have been the precursor for patting the man down. If the decision was made to arrest the man, I believe that it is standard practice to follow that practice of a pat down before being placed in the back seat of their car.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 12:17 other posts 
It's different places with different levels of enforcement, obvious thing being guns....most UK police are not armed...
Stop and search policy and procedures will be different..
Should that guy have spat at the police officer,of course he shouldn't have,but does that warrant the response from the officer ?

We don't know the full series of events....we are just guessing...some people will be ok with the level of force used by the police....

It's a power thing,police have the power to arrest,some get off on using that power rather than policing.....
Different people make different types of police officer....
By bella! [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 20:33 other posts 
Your police officers are not armed with guns? Is that all through the UK? Do you know whether it is commonplace to not arm police officers throughout Europe?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 22:34 other posts 
Like I said most of UK doesn't have armed officers, it's usually a special response team/firearms officers....
Regular police don't carry guns...

As for Europe I haven't a clue how they arm their police...
Google knows
By bella! [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 00:40 other posts 
Although the UK is a stand alone island, it does have the handy dandy tunnel that connects right into France. Yes, I can and will use Goggle, sorry to bother you, I thought you might know.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 07:55 other posts 
No bother
By #551147 01,Dec,19 09:19
Targeted?
Like taking a co-worker home that lived in an ALL black part of town, being pulled over and asked "WTF I was doing in that area" and when I gave an equal shitty response, being punched in the chest, pushed down to the ground, and basically strip searched and humiliated out in public, despite NEVER being associated with drugs, by 4 black police officers? OR How about the time I had my Stepdads sister in the car in a ALL white part of town, got pulled over for no apparent to me reason, eventually jerked out the car and asked repeatedly what was I doing with the black person? When I became verbally combative because of my perception of being targeted by racial bias. Ended up going to jail, charged with obstruction, my car searched and towed. That kind of targetting?

Those incidents were back in the day before police cameras and such. The late 80's early 90's to be more specific. I already conceded that there are shitheads in ANY segment of society including Police officers. I will say that my interaction with Police has positively been affected since I came to the realization that to comply with their requests without my mouth being involved (verbally speaking) has been far more productive than being a combative jerk. I certainly ain't giving any of the above a pass for their actions, BUT! Could the situations have turned out different if I had kept my mouth shut, complied, then later used appropriate channels to declare my opposition, or opinions on the matters?

Now that I've learned how to behave, if you will, I have gotten out of EVERY single ticket for seat belt violations. Yes, I don't like them and generally ask the officers to respect my belief as a free adult to make a decision that affects NO other person in the world other than ME! Primarily cause I don't like being told what I can and can't do within reason. I think the requirement of a seat belt violates my right to choose what I want and has NO consequences to any other person.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 11:45 other posts 
"Just a matter of time before one of the site loons come strolling along to question your "obey" statement. Something along the lines of... "What are we dog's?""

So you didn't obey then if you know you haven't done anything wrong,why should you obey anyone?
Your civilian rights are paramount...

You break the law knowingly not wearing a seatbelt,yet you want to be exempt from the law....
What about your passengers rights ?
By sherryann [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 09:23 other posts 
Mr blue, you have no
idea what Chgo.police
go through daily. I'm
done here.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 11:30 other posts 
Explain it to me then sherryann
As I am repeatedly told I know nothing of America,yet when I try to discuss something about America I get dismissed....
By sherryann [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 14:04 other posts 
Mr blue, I've never had a beef with you, that's not gonna change now alexblue. P.O.'s hands are tied bigtime while working. The officer was already stripped, he will face loads of trouble now and the family will sue. They WILL get a big payout too! My point was no one looks at it from the po's perspective. Imagine going to work not knowing if you're gonna live to make it home at the end of your tour. This young officer WILL be held accountable. The difference is his punishment will be harsh while law breakers will continue to be released over & over again by a criminal loving states attorney who refuses to do her job. It's not just Chicago either. We are living in dangerous times when law enforcement loses control & they get crucified for following & enforcing the law. Take care alexblue
By #601496 01,Dec,19 18:33
Sherryann, police work is dangerous, brutal and dirty. It can also be proud, satisfying work. We all know cops take abuse and we also know cops can dish it out. To say every cop uses excessive force or that every perp abuses a cop is too broad a statement. Getting spit upon is dirty and disrespectful but, in this video I see a cop that manhandled a drunk with such force, I wonder if the man got a concussion. But, ok, the cop got mad, but, after that he’s jumping around like a prizefighter. He’s not cuffing the drunk. He’s not reading him his Miranda rights. He’s not even giving the drunk first aid. Is this the actions of a dedicated officer of the law who swore an oath to protect the public? I don’t think so.
By sherryann [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 20:11 other posts 
Twowarm,you spotted all that prizefighting in a 41 second video? The cop was mad you say? How about he was just trying to do his job with a combative jerk who was all liquored up? Look, an older cop probably wouldn't have even stopped, so yes, I think he was protecting the public merely by stopping. And they did take him straight to the hospital. I realize you're opinionated and blame the cop. But they're trained to handle situations like this and he handled it. Like I already said, they not only get spit on, they get attacked, stabbed, shot and murdered. It's amazing now a days anyone would want to work in law enforcement.
By bella! [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 21:19 other posts 
My guess is that you were aware that in July, a New York City police officer was making an arrest in Harlem and was doused with buckets of water. And if that wasn't enough, when a bucket was emptied, it was chucked at the officer and it hit him in the head.

Within the same video clip, there are two officers that were identified as being rookies and as you can see, were also doused with buckets of water. It was reported that they were "deliberately cooling down" with the residents of Brooklyn and I doubt they were deliberately cooling down.....

--------------------------------------- added after 6 minutes

This is a similar clip featured on Inside Edition that focuses more on the two rookies that were doused in Brooklyn.

By sherryann [Ignore] 01,Dec,19 22:10 other posts 
Thank you bella for sharing this. I am anxious to see it. I think i may have heard about it. Hope all's well with you.
By dgraff [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 05:14 other posts 
I’m on the fence with this one I’ve been on both sides of the law at one time I was public enemy number one I was the drunk they were trying to arrest I was the guy they were trying to cuff and get in the back of the police car it took three of them with billy clubs but they did what they had to and got the job done now I work on the Pennsylvania state police cars and got to know all the police men so it’s cool water under the bridge
By #601496 02,Dec,19 07:16
Sherryann, I'm not blaming the cop for the confrontation. All I'm saying is that he could have easily overpowered the drunk without bouncing him and his head on the concrete. I'm also not interested on the reactions of "older cops", the president or the Pope. We are giving opinions on this cop. I do understand that people like me who are opinionated and blame cops make people like you bring it up almost immediately as part of your argument. After all, looking at the last 6 seconds of the video is fake news. Forty-one seconds is a long time, try it. He handled it, but not very professionally. The perp fucked up. It could be argued he got what he deserved. The cop could have handled it differently. What ever the dangers and tribulations, they are part of the job. Don't like it, quit.
By #460385 05,Dec,19 08:54
Different people make for different cops. There are good ones and there's gonna be power hungry assholes. Our son is a police officer. At 26 years old, out there in the streets of shit town doing his job. We worry everyday that he might not come home to his wife. They've lost 3 officers in the last year and a half at his department. He is a good cop.
Polite, respectful, and does his job with pride. I haven't watched the video, because when it comes to police brutality, they never show all the truth. Spitting on an officer is assault. As much as it seems minimal, it's still assault. I'm not going to argue with you about guns and differences between the US and UK. But I can tell you one thing for sure. If a mother fucker spit in my face, I'm gonna beat him down like a little bitch too, cop or no cop.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 05,Dec,19 10:35 other posts 
Good cops and bad cops...good policing and bad policing..
Yes I agree if someone spat in my face I would probably punch them,but I'm a civilian not a police officer,yes the police officer was assaulted,but so was the guy who spat in the officer's face.....as a police officer he is supposed set the standard....so was it excessive f0rce in the way the police officer dealt with it? I think it is....but we are just guessing cuz we don't have all the info..

The guns thing makes a big difference.... just doing a routine drivers check can be deadly because of the Americans right to bear arms.....so America is more likely to have more shootings... that's gonna change how you police people for sure..

--------------------------------------- added after 12 minutes

Out of curiosity do you know if police have the same standards across the states? Or do states set their own standards?

As in fitness levels etc...
By #460385 05,Dec,19 11:54
Good question. I really don't know. There is a standardized test in the state of Florida once you are done with the academy, which you have to pass. While in the academy there are several certifications that you have to get. Such as, marksmanship, fitness, psychology, ect... It is brutal as far as the fitness part. Lots of kids fail out just on physical ability. And they don't give a shit what your test scores are or how well you shoot. You have to complete academy in full. The problem is though, once you graduate you must keep any and all of your certifications valid every year. You will have to re-certify every year at the gun range and so on. But they will never have to do the physical fitness test ever again. Which I don't believe in. This is why we have so many obese police officers in the US. It's foolish to me that you can gain a 100 pounds in a year and continue a job that you had to be physically fit to get in the first place.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 05,Dec,19 14:11 other posts 
Does seem a bit dumb to ignore the fitness requirements every year while making officers stay up to date with their certifications...
By #551147 05,Dec,19 12:18
Well said CountryCouple54 my thanks to your Son and I can only imagine how proud you must be of him. 😘

Mr_Blue I personally excersise my right to bear arms and NEVER leave home without one, since like 1998 when they FINALLY passed the law allowing me to do so. I have been stopped numerous times since and while exercising that right and I will tell you this. NOT once has my firearm EVER jumped out my waistband to assault the police nor anyone else.

The standards set forth for law enforcement, albeit very very close in guidelines from agency to agency across the United States are primarily set by each city, county, or state's government. That's PRECISELY why it's illegal to cross the border into that liberal shithole next to us, also known as Illinois. I think they are the ONLY state in the union that refuses to acknowledge other states right to carry permits. That is one of those reasons that many people don't care for federal laws. Federal laws are supposed to be followed by every state in the union, ignoring the rights of each state to decide what's best for them. California as a primary example chooses to ignore some federal laws and do whatever the hell they want. Arguably one of the reasons why it's in the current condition it is.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 03,Dec,19 11:08 other posts 
Scorps- agree! Fuck that mother fucker up! That's the problem these days. Cunts act up without fear of bearing tuned up.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 11:16 other posts 
The point that you make right at the start is I think really important. The Police go out on the street everyday never knowing what they will confront and whether they will go home that night.
Today there is not the respect for the Police, or any other authority such as there was when I was growing up. They truly deserve our support and admiration for their courage.

We have all seen videos or heard stories of individual cops who behave in over aggressive even lethal ways and that must be condemned but should not take away from the many many good cops.
The terrifying fact is that even teenage low level offenders are happy to take out and use a knife or gun to try to avoid being arrested for even trivial offences.
By #601496 05,Dec,19 12:36
Andthisisme, you make a good point.

We have all seen videos or heard stories of individual cops who behave in over aggressive even lethal ways and that must be condemned but should not take away from the many many good cops.

Every time one of us liberals complain about abuse by a cop the right and the gun supporters think we are anti-cop. We are not. We are anti-individual-cop who overreacted or abused a perp. We think that they are hired to do one main job. Arrest wrongdoers and to do it in the way they are trained to do it. Most cops do it right no matter what. Only a handful disgrace their uniform.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 11:21 other posts 
In the video clip, we don't see what led up to this action by the cop but it does look totally disproportionate, but as others have said we do not see what had gone on prior to this video. If he was just refusing to be cuffed this was way over the top.

The disturbing thing is how rarely officers are actually found guilty of charges laid against them. We should of course always support our Police but when they do wrong they should be held to account. I am a supporter of our Police but is now wonder that so many people don't support them when almost every disciplinary or legal process seesm to aquitr the officer of wrong doing.

By bella! [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 23:24 other posts 
I just posted something about the bank and with the new year only 4 weeks away, as I recall, they normally have calendars available for their customers. This makes me think about banking, in general. My checks are direct deposited, have been for a hundred years. If I receive a check from someone, I can use my mobile app, take a picture of the front and back and the funds are deposited. I was at the bank 2 years ago when I applied for a home equity loan but other than that, the only time I am at ANY bank is to use the ATM.

Here's my question, does anyone really enter the bank and if you do, for what reason?
By #601496 05,Dec,19 08:28
Replacement of my debit card. They seem to wear out in less than a year. Someone told me it's because my card holder is leather.

By DeepThroatThis [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 13:45 other posts 
Was this site down for a bit today?
--------------------------------------- added after 117 minutes

Don't everyone answer all at once now.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 16:24 other posts 
I had a few site problems earlier myself....
By DeepThroatThis [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 16:49 other posts 
Masturbation overload
By mr_blue [Ignore] 03,Dec,19 09:06 other posts 
not that bad
By bella! [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 16:51 other posts 
I believe that it was as I could not access the site for at least 90 minutes.
By #601496 02,Dec,19 18:55
I had to sign on on the SYD side
By phart [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 19:49 other posts 
Came up as some kind of error that the Admin would probably have to fix.I googled it and it seemed complicated.I feel sure this site and others like it get hacked into all the time.
By DeepThroatThis [Ignore] 02,Dec,19 20:54 other posts 
I think I saw something awhile back that Admin said one day the site could cum crashing down, hope not but......if you want to keep it back up your stuff ladies and gentlemen.....just saying!
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Dec,19 05:06 other posts 
Must’ve been to much load on the server admin had to get out his paper towels and rubber gloves again
By #601496 03,Dec,19 06:48
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 03,Dec,19 08:11 other posts 
Bella, what did you do to pass the time ???
By bella! [Ignore] 03,Dec,19 17:36 other posts 
I was busy at work and a BIG THANK YOU to admin who notified me personally when the site was in working order.
By DeepThroatThis [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 09:47 other posts 
you are the one
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 11:26 other posts 
I know, I know...... We have such an AMAZING relationship, admin and I!
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 14:38 other posts 
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 15:41 other posts 
You're not jealous, are you?
By #551147 04,Dec,19 15:28
You are each other's biggest fan...
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Dec,19 15:40 other posts 
For sure, he absolutely loves it when I stroke him!
By #551147 04,Dec,19 15:58
ROFL Good one!

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #579   #580   #581   #582   #583   #584   #585   #586   #587   #588   ...#755

Show It Off