Discover your full Abilities!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Tired of ads
on this site?

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #513

Pages:  #1... #508   #509   #510   #511   #512   #513   #514   #515   #516   #517   ...#768

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By dgraff [Ignore] 16,Sep,20 07:05 other posts 
Turned the furnace on for the first time this fall 41 degrees in Jonestown Pennsylvania this morning winter is on its way

By bella! [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 18:39 other posts 
It's Monday and I am retired, I no longer have to wait until the weekend to enjoy the bottle of wine that I bought today! Woo hoo!
By dgraff [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 21:02 other posts 
Oh that hurts I had a terrible Monday and I want a drink so bad but I’m the kind of drinker that can’t have just one if I have one then I’m having 10 that’s why I only drink on the weekend
By phart [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 21:30 other posts 
It will take you a few weeks to discover,you had more time while you were working than when you retired.
Things start poping up. "Oh Let Bella do that,she is retired". "Oh call up Bella she can haul you to the market and take you to the clinic and etc.
People think when a person retires they suddenly need something to do. People don't understand folks that retire,worked for the priveledge of deciding what the hell they are going to do with their own time for a change.
I got retired because a work related accident at 39 years old. I look back at all I accomplished while I was working,and how little I get done now,and just shake my head.
By #460385 14,Sep,20 22:19
So jealous. I've got another 17 years. I think you should have 2 bottles ready.
By bella! [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 23:22 other posts 
It's no big deal, now, I worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. I had almost 38 years of service and met the minimum age requirement of 55.

Theoretically, I'm "young" enough and marketable enough to seek employment once COVID-19 settles down, but I don't know if I want to. Probably 15 to 20 years ago, former BCBSM employees created a temporary work agency. I've already been contact with them so it's very possible that I might return to BCBSM as a temporary employee to fill a temporary position.

The package they offered me was phenomenal, something that was too hard to say no to.
By bella! [Ignore] 15,Sep,20 08:14 other posts 
My guess is that your +17 puts you at 65 years old. Heck, in 17 years, maybe the retirement age will change from 65 to 70, who knows! Like I said above, BCBSM offered me a sweetheart package. I thought that I might have to work almost 10 years more, myself.
By 2nice [Ignore] 15,Sep,20 16:28 other posts 
Congratulations, Bella. That’s super awesome.
By bella! [Ignore] 15,Sep,20 16:39 other posts 
Drinking wine on Monday is AWESOME!

By bella! [Ignore] 15,Sep,20 08:04 other posts 
Show some love to 2nice , besides, you get 3 points for doing so.

/imagetop.php

By #551147 15,Sep,20 03:42
Meet Ricky Rebel... only registered users can see external links

By dgraff [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 21:28 other posts 
What kind of person would report an 80 year old woman for having one fudged up internet picture shame on you Angel 1227 especially with the tainted passed you have
--------------------------------------- added after 2 minutes

And then yet lixsipsucket and her little bitch notynyt vote to delete without a reason as to why they vote to delete
By bella! [Ignore] 14,Sep,20 23:01 other posts 
She's a funny one, that's for sure! She's the first one to complain that the referral process is not good, that members should be made aware of the referral. And yeah, her gal pal, the one who seems to forego voting, decided to vote on the referral. Go figure?!

By #610414 13,Sep,20 09:34
VRVS

By dgraff [Ignore] 09,Sep,20 21:26 other posts 
The ticks are bad this year in the mountains I went out to put my motorcycle away i went in sat in my easy chair and felt something crawling on me and I found it was a tick I must check me and muggsy a couple times a day now
By #610414 10,Sep,20 07:16
I hate ticks. Hicking in the Shenandoah mountains we had to be so careful
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 07:32 other posts 
And they are bad this year luckily I have sensitive skin I can feel a fly landing in my hair
By phart [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 08:53 other posts 
Not only does it seem ticks are worse population wise,it seems thier bite is worse.When I was young,a tick would get on me,pull it off,go on about my bussiness. Now I have red bumps for a year or more from a tick bite,And yes I do check to see if I have the little pinchers and such with a magnafier.It is like they have a stronger poison or something.
By dgraff [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 08:54 other posts 
They are nasty little bastards
By phart [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 13:44 other posts 
Hicking? Um,what is that? Similar to hikeing?
I thought when I woke up in the morning I was "hicking" being some folks think I am a "hick".
By #610414 10,Sep,20 14:34
Phart you are so right. I need to pay close attention to my auto correct:x
By #551482 10,Sep,20 15:28
Here it´s different, very hot long dry summer and no mosquitos, no ticks on my dog although we´re underway outdoors in the usual routes including grassy cow fields. While it´s nice, seems somewhat odd.
--------------------------------------- added after 23 hours

Eek, warning in Germany of the tropical Hyalomma ticks spreading through the south. These babies are 0,8 inches long!! More like giant jumping crabs!
By phart [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 21:47 other posts 
Strange for sure no ticks or anything/
I first thought Hicking might be something related to hiccups but ticks were involved.
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 05:26 other posts 
I seen it but I was trying my best not to say any thing
--------------------------------------- added after 119 seconds

Back when my lungs were in better shape I used to go hicking all the time
By #610414 11,Sep,20 08:50
Come on guys. It’s ok. It’s good natured ribbingl
By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 09:14 other posts 
By #610414 12,Sep,20 12:27
It’s funny. I can spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious But I don’t know which is witch and Visa versa.
By dgraff [Ignore] 12,Sep,20 17:01 other posts 
Me to and some times I mix up numbers
By #610414 12,Sep,20 19:08

By #610414 11,Sep,20 11:43
I was in the hospital yesterday to get a catherization for my heart valve replacement. Had a fast track COVID check and I was negative. I was surprised that they used the same probe on both nostrils. I guess it’s true. There’s a shortage of probes
By phart [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 11:47 other posts 
It is kinda odd that for the length of time this mess has been going on,that there is still shortages.
Companys have really fallen short on stepping up to the plate and stepping up production of much needed supplys..
By #610414 11,Sep,20 11:49
By kebmo [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 15:52 other posts 
Angel, what's wrong with using the same probe for both nostrils on the same patient?
Phart, I agree with you. There's a lot of money to be made here, just like any health related device in great demand. I don't know why the manufacturers haven't picked up the pace of making them. There shouldn't be a shortage of anything at this stage.
I wonder if some products might become obsolete so the manufacturers might not want to invest money into ramping up the output.
By phart [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 19:06 other posts 
I know hand sanitizer has been produced in Millions of gallons apparently and by liquer and whisky companys. Ollies,a local discount store,had pallets of the stuff in obvious liquer bottles fairly cheap the other day when i was in there.
By #610414 12,Sep,20 12:21
It’s ok. I’m just..............oh, I don’t know. I feel that once a bugger sees the light of day it shouldn’t go back into the darkness. Personal preference

By phart [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 11:30 other posts 
Hard to believe it has been 19 years ago today I first saw the live video of the world trade center falling down while I was in a old country store on the tv.
Sad day for sure.
By #610414 11,Sep,20 11:37
We all remember that. What did you do right after.
By phart [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 11:45 other posts 
I was on break while working.Had to go back to work,listened to the radio news in the truck during time between jobs.
Nothing else stands out for that day really.After a few days I was outside and could not help but notice there were NO airplanes. Most of the time Charlotte airport has planes constantly flying over head but up really high as we are a good ways away.
By #610414 11,Sep,20 11:47
I remember that now. They had frozen non essential flights
By #460385 12,Sep,20 11:32
4 weeks later... George W. Bush ordered me on a Boeing C-5 Galaxy for a long flight to Pakistan. 2 weeks after landing, on October 19th I did my first combat tour in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
By #610414 12,Sep,20 12:11
Wow. Wow wow wow. Thank you CW.
--------------------------------------- added after 7 minutes

My Dad would have liked to have know you.
By kebmo [Ignore] 12,Sep,20 01:02 other posts 
I wrote this blog story about how, after the US closed it's airspace, all the planes coming from overseas landed in Canada. It's an amazing story. /blogs/32585.html
By #610414 12,Sep,20 12:19
I remember that too.

By dgraff [Ignore] 11,Sep,20 05:35 other posts 
Oh bella come out come out were ever you are we haven’t heard anything from you in a couple of days

By phart [Ignore] 10,Sep,20 21:46 other posts 
This is a long video,but I have said that censorship was going on online for a while now.and folks think I am full of shit.
For example I read a artical back in early April about the Wuhan virus in North Korea and it was talking about bodys and sick people being hauled away and gone without family knowledge.A day later,no history on my browser,no evidence of it online anywhere.
This video talks alot about digital censorship on facebook,youtube and such.
From about 1.05 on, is interesting but it is all informative.
only registered users can see external links

By #551147 08,Sep,20 02:33
Hi Ananas2xLekker,

We had a small discussion about Wet Ass Pussy (W.A.P.) singer, Cardi B. where you seemed to be rather defensive on her behalf.

Just for shits and giggles!

I'll see your Cardi B. as a representative for "Black folks" and I'll raise you a Candace Owens...

BOTH sides are contained in this ONE video, question is, will you sit through the entire 18 mins. to be fair and objective?

Some around here probably know how this is going to turn out. Nevertheless, worth watching!

🇺🇲 Keep America Great 🇺🇸
By #188992 08,Sep,20 07:44
I first came across Candace Owens in this clip:

Full of false equivalences and downright fibs. Plus she and that Kirk fellow talk at 90 miles per hour at a guy who asked a perfectly reasonable question. Seemed to me like they were set on belittling the guy, and assuming they knew what his question was going to be, before allowing him to articulate his question.

If you're taking political advice from Candace, OR Cardi B, you need a wake-up call. Candace is clearly smarter than Cardi B so let's see you put up Candace against someone from the left who has a similar intellect.

Watching someone smart outperform someone dumb doesn't prove a point. Let's see Candace up against Thomas Frank, Yanis Varoufakis, or Cornel West, and see if we can bring more light than noise to the debate.

OR .... leave your politics in the hands of rappers and reality TV stars. See how that works out for you (smh).
By #551147 08,Sep,20 21:11
Hux,

I must say, the most striking part of YOUR statement, to ME, is: "Plus she and that Kirk fellow talk at 90 miles per hour at a guy..."

We're OR are you an American? 🤔 That seemed to have flowed from your fingertips like a pro. I thought you all were on the "metric system", no?

I will agree they (Charlie and Candace) seemed overly eager towards the guy, I disagree with your opinion of their responses.

I'M personally, not, "taking political advice from Candace" or anyone else, really. I do however, recognize and accept most of her opinions as being closely aligned with my own beliefs.

I didn't elevate Cardi B. to an intellectual status, the Dems did. I was only sharing the video because Ananas2xLekker seemed to be moved by her words and defended her as a spokesperson for Black folks. To which I thought was ridiculous! In which case, I thought I might share the video to illustrate the contrast between two very different ideologies. The beat down was just a consequence of stepping out your lane of expertise. Oh well!

As far as clinging on to the words of celebrities, musicians, or sports figures. I couldn't agree more, and wish they would ALL shut their traps, both sides! I can't tell you how many have alienated me from being fans of theirs any longer. As far as that "reality TV star" dig (I saw what you did there), whatever! He WAS a businessman first! He's working out just nicely, thanks for the concern, appreciated!

I'll see your Dr. Cornel West, and raise you a Dr. Thomas Sowell or Professor Carol Swain. 😉

Never heard of the other two...
But I WILL see what they are about in the interestof fairness.

Just for laughs, I thought you might enjoy this exchange as much as I did. 😄😆😂🤣🤣😂

Cornel West vs Leo Terrell only registered users can see external links

🇺🇲 TRUMP 2020 🇺🇸
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 09,Sep,20 05:00 other posts 
Oh, you won't know how she toughed my little lefty heart. I was also moved a lot by her WAP clip.
By #551147 09,Sep,20 05:31
LMAO 😆 Perv! 😉

j/k I understand!

I like my women, even a possible play thing, to have at least a minimal amout of intelligence. After hearing her, I lost ALL interest of that sleazy body and message.
By #188992 09,Sep,20 11:30
We have a real mix of metric and imperial here. All the road signs are still in miles, you still order a pint in the pub, most people will give you their weight and height in imperial too. I'm just short of 13 stone, and have only a rough idea what that is in kilos. I'm also 6 ft tall, which I know is somewhere short of 2 metres. The rhyme I have is "A metre measures 3 foot 3, it's longer than a yard you see".

If the Democrats REALLY elevated her "to an intellectual status" that's dumb. I just thought they let her interview Sleepy Joe because she has lots of followers, but I'm happy to be corrected.

The reality star bit was probably a bit of a cheap shot, so I'll amend. He's also been a businessman - one who found himself in massive debt (some of those debts are still looming too). How "successful", therefore, you would rank him is open to debate. This makes interesting reading though:

I got about 40 seconds into your clip and had to pause it. Does that fucker Hannity ever NOT speak over people? I'll have another go at watching it later!!

OK, I've watched it all. Is that a politics show or light entertainment? I feel like I may have lost a couple of IQ points just by watching it. Those 4 and a half minutes have added nothing to the debate or helped inform anyone of anything, other than how funny it is two watch 2 old blokes losing their tempers!
By #551147 10,Sep,20 03:04
Ahhhhhh So you guys use a mix, that's fascinating! Well that explains that, thanks, I didn't know.

LMAO I agree about Hannity, I use to be a huge fan but it annoyed the shit outta me how he would cut guests off, by talking over them, like you pointed out, and I busted him a couple times spinning shit i.e. editing video etc. that I had saw with my own eyes in real time.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to make any point with the video or learn anything, I just so happened to see that episode the night it happened. Since you mentioned Dr. Cornel West that was what jumped to my brain kinda like our WotD game.

Twas for entertainment purposes ONLY! Although I have watched it a couple times trying to distinguish what each were saying. Two people screaming at each other on TV is awful to try to make sense of.
By #188992 10,Sep,20 12:27
Finding a decent interviewer, who can allow someone to speak but also holds them properly to account, seems tricky wherever you are. Ratings seem to favour a confrontation or lazy soundbites.

Although the first "Starship Troopers" film was, I believe, meant to satirise militarism, fascism, and military rule I do have some time for the concept of "earning citizenship". People who vote for a politician because they like his hair, or she's very patriotic, or he looks honest, or any of the other crap that seems to sway people makes one despair of democracy.

Maybe your right to vote could be tied to having a basic understanding of political concepts? If you can't explain what a Laffer curve is, define Capitalism in 50 words, know who your current representative is and know what marginal rates of tax are ... go back to watching reality TV and sports, and let the "grown-ups" decide who should run the country. Too draconian?

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #508   #509   #510   #511   #512   #513   #514   #515   #516   #517   ...#768

Show It Off