Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #16

Pages:  #1... #11   #12   #13   #14   #15   #16   #17   #18   #19   #20   ...#26

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By #275407 16,May,22 12:50
FPL. (Florida power@light) wants to install free solar on my roof. They say it's for selected groups. I read into it and it just doesn't seem as good as they say. I'm sure there's hidden costs as well as, I dont want it drilled to my roof, which might cause future leaks from frequent huricanes. Anyone here have any opinions and does anyone else have this done to their house.
By phart [Ignore] 16,May,22 16:09 other posts 
I have not had a chance to look over 1 of those "Offers" But i would do alot of research before I let just anyone go poking holes in my roof.
There is bound to be a "lease" or something on those panels. Nothing is "free".
By #275407 16,May,22 16:46
It's a ten year lease which you don't pay for, and you also don't have to pay for an electric bill, they say they don't charge you for the panels, but I think there's a catch their not telling you.
By phart [Ignore] 16,May,22 19:05 other posts 
Hum, I bet they get the cash for the extra power you don't use as they will sell it to someone else! You would basically be their contractor power plant!
By #275407 16,May,22 19:31
That's what I read, I don't want thst on my roof and where will they keep the batteries. I googled for people that had that done to get there response, but couldn't find any.
By phart [Ignore] 16,May,22 20:22 other posts 
I guess you could really get the upper hand though. Once they hook it up, heat your pool, build a small green house, wash the car with warm water, and etc. Making sure they don't GET any extra power! USE IT ALL>
Resistance heating is the biggest load on any electrical system.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 14,Jun,22 12:32 other posts 
I’ve seen some installations on the ground, but, you have to have a big yard and willing to give up that space in your yard. A friend and co-worker relocated to just north of Daytona about 15 yrs ago. He had solar panels installed in his roof. He purchased the system and from what I remember, it should be paid for. He calculated that it would pay for itself in 10 years. Last time I talked to him he was very happy. His electric bill is almost nothing.

By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 14:48 other posts 
only registered users can see external links

The grid can't handle current demand. how long before liberals see,and understand this?
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 18:26 other posts 
Why blame liberals? Why didn’t the Tennessee Valley Authority upgrade their output? We discussed this whey we chatted about the Texas grid. These large power companies want to make the most profit without
re-investing in their grid.
By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 20:55 other posts 
regulations,remember?
Try clearing a right of way for a 250,000 volt transmission line.
"You can't cut this tree,you can't drill there,you can't go thru that swamp, you didn't pay twice as much for that black persons land as you did that white persons land" ,I could go on,but trust me,it is not easy any more.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 14,Jun,22 12:22 other posts 
They own the right of way already. Every subdivision in this country already has right of way easements designated in the platting of the subdivision for utilities. Those high transmission lines have huge right of way swaths through every county in the country. What they need to do is build more power plants or expand existing ones. That costs these private monopolies money they rather pass to the shareholders.

By phart [Ignore] 09,Jun,22 20:25 other posts 
cow burb tax,way to go down under folks!
By Dev01 [Ignore] 09,Jun,22 20:34 other posts 
New Zealand is not know as the land "downunder" it is known as the land of the "long white cloud" I guess because there are more sheep per capita than people which might be the reason for a tax and the name the long white cloud.

New Zealand is also know in Australia as the place where men are men and sheep are scared .

Please don't confuse the two islands mate 😃
By phart [Ignore] 09,Jun,22 21:43 other posts 
By Dev01 [Ignore] 09,Jun,22 21:46 other posts 
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 09:28 other posts 
Not to be a smart ass but isn’t one an island and the other a continent?
By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 14:34 other posts 
1 big island and 1 little island.

And WAY down there far far away!
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 16:25 other posts 
Still, Australia is a continent. Yes, Australia is the 7th smallest continent. Google it.

Geologically, Australia lies on its own major tectonic plate while Greenland is part of the North American plate.” I'm sharing this link for two reasons. To help resolve the confusion as to why Greenland the world's largest island but Australia gets to be the smallest continent.
By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 20:57 other posts 
Oh my,wheres the link?
I had no idea greenland was a island.
but it really don't matter,.
Dev,I hope you know I am just picking and joking.
I have always heard that part of the world was "down under". And that the toilet water swirls in the other direction than ours. lol
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 14,Jun,22 12:14 other posts 
Down under depends on where you are standing.
By Dev01 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 18:13 other posts 
Regardless of being a continent all aussies refer to it as an island
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 18:20 other posts 

By onthelose [Ignore] 20,May,22 17:23 other posts 
The earth has been warming for millennia. If not we would still have a 2 mile thick sheet of ice over the North American continent. If you want to do your part to stop the advance of global warming . Start by moving out of your home turn off the electric grow a garden walk everywhere you go. Get rid of all the things in your life that are petroleum based. PLASTICS MEDICINE FERTILISER Just to name a few. You first and then ,maybe, I will think you are serious!!!!
By phart [Ignore] 20,May,22 21:27 other posts 
It is a case of do as I say do,not as I do.
It is all about control.
The folks in control want all the luxury's of life that you the poor work and strive for. While you suffer and toil with bare feet eating tofu and drinking their fetus and drug tainted toilet water.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 09:43 other posts 
I bet both of you, Onthelose and Phart, use gasoline powered vehicles. Both have refrigerators, stoves, AC, microwaves, running water, furniture, indoor plumbing, and motorized furniture lawn mowers. You wear good clothing and have some kind of computer. You both have cell phones.
So far no one has taken those from you. Now come some scientists, people who don’t give a fuck weather you believe them, with some truths and theories. They don’t deny global warning has been happening for ages. All they are saying is that for all those ages the rate of warming has been at a steady rate……….. until the 1700s when the world entered into the industrial revolution. Since then and, in particular, in the last 70 years, it has accelerated tremendously. The problem is not that global warming is happening. The problem is that the world population will not be able to adapt to the changes coming fast enough to continue living the lifestyle we are all used to. So, what would a good game plan be to live through this? I would think delaying this warming as much as possible. That means more efficient cars, perhaps use a form of cleaner propulsion. Stop burning coal at least until some genius comes up with a clean way to burn it. Stop burning the great forests. Stop polluting.
All these things are not made to keep you from enjoying your modern lifestyle. Only people like you two are swallowing the lie. The powers that be, the money and those that control it, are the ones that fed you this. Why? Change comes with a price and these people care more with what goes into their pocket than your future well being.
By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 11:19 other posts 
" Change comes with a price"
exactly and until that price becomes more affordable than the current choices, will it be feasible for everyone to pick and choose.
I have casually been looking around for a late 80's or early 90's ford ranger. I need automatic and the 4 cylinder would work for replacing a older truck I can't operate without being in pain due to everything being manual.
I found a 87, for 750 bucks. but 4 speed manual. I looked at tax, Title fees, and so forth ,and how long it would take for the fuel savings to show up. Turns out that the little truck, although in my price range, doesn't get fuel mileage enough to justify the expense. Literally only 2 miles to the gallon better than what I drive everyday .Not enough to make it worth it.
And forget being able to afford a new electric truck.A Rivian or a Lordstown would be the 2 to pick from and they are EXSPENSIVE. Normal people can't afford the damn things.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 11:38 other posts 
PHART, as heartless as this is going to sound, most people are not disabled. I assume you need a truck for whatever reason. Could you not do the same with a cheap used car like a Honda and a utility trailer?
By phart [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 14:33 other posts 
A honda,naw,I drove the former girl friends accord some and although reliable,and got ok mileage,the interior was very cramped and it was painful to get in and out of.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 13,Jun,22 16:01 other posts 
👍
"The earth has been warming for millennia." You obviously sound like a scientist.
Can you explain why all your colleague scientists are wrong?
Because, they know about ice ages, don't you think? They discovered them.

45 percent of crude oil is refined into gasoline.
An additional 29 percent is refined to diesel fuel.
That's 74% used for transportation.
The remaining oil (26%) is used to make plastics and other products.

But it's admirable that you understand the problem of plastic.
A good start is to not buy clothing with synthetic fibres anymore.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 11,Jun,22 06:23 other posts 
For the people who say 'climate change is bullshit'; not even the CEO's of the 10 biggest oil companies in the world are saying that anymore.

Big Oil: The 10 Largest Oil and Gas Companies by Market Cap

Rank Company ---- Market Cap --- CEO
1 Saudi Aramco, $1,979 billion, Amin Nasser
2 ExxonMobil, $257.30 billion, Darren Woods
3 Chevron, $205.29 billion, Mike Wirth
4 Shell, $175.28 billion, Ben van Beurden
5 PetroChina, $162.55 billion, Wang Dongjin
6 TotalEnergies, $130.56 billion, Patrick Pouyanné
7 Gazprom, $121.77 billion, Aleksej Miller
8 ConocoPhillips, $95.93 billion, Ryan Lance
9 BP, $93.97 billion, Bernard Looney
10 Rosneft, $84.07 billion, Igor Sechin

Searched the internet for "CEO .... speaks out on climate change"

Amin Nasser: "We all agree that to move towards a sustainable energy future a smooth energy transition is absolutely essential but we must also consider the complexities and challenges to get there,"

Darren Woods: "Just last month, ExxonMobil CEO Darren Woods assured lawmakers his company neither disputed the scientific consensus on climate change nor lobbied against efforts to cut carbon pollution. But a lobbyist for the oil giant struck a different tone less than two weeks later, according to a recording obtained by The Washington Post, suggesting global warming might not be so dire."

Mike Wirth: "Chevron CEO Michael Wirth says company accepts “climate change is real,” but denies allegations it spread disinfo."

Ben van Beurden: "Shell CEO Ben van Beurden on the global evolution underway in response to climate change and the need for the energy industry to embrace it."

Wang Dongjin:states that CNOOC will “unswervingly implement the seven-year action plan for increasing domestic oil and natural gas reserves and production to demonstrate CNOOC’s efforts to ensure national energy security and at the same time provide strength for the energy transition.”
"Wang Dongjin, chairman of CNOOC, said that the offshore wind sector aligns with the company's overall business. CNOOC can apply its resources in offshore engineering and experience in such operations, and the company plans to intensify its new energy business by focusing on offshore wind power."

Patrick Pouyanné: "We must be able to be exemplary not only in the fight against climate change but also in the management of the environment and in particular the use of the planet’s natural resources."

Aleksej Miller: ???? Couldn't find anything relevant said by him.

Ryan Lance: ConocoPhillips CEO warns of 'messy' energy transition: “That’s one of the great disappointments out of COP26 for me is they’re all focused on supply and no one’s doing anything about the demand side of the equation,” Lance told hundreds of attendees at the World Petroleum Congress in Houston. “So we’re setting up a messy transition, because customers are going to not only want what we have, but they’re going to demand it.”

Bernard Looney: Oil giant BP is committed to tackling climate change, the company’s CEO said, but he insisted that hydrocarbons such as oil and gas will have an ongoing role to play in the energy mix for years. “It may not be popular to say that oil and gas is going to be in the energy system for decades to come but that is the reality,”

Igor Sechin: "The development of new materials is no longer an energy issue, but a much more serious issue of changing the structure of the economy. Despite the variety of plans to reach carbon neutrality, the energy transition will remain a pipe dream without developing new technologies and materials. Even in the long term renewable energy will not be able to completely replace traditional energy resources"

None of them say climate change is bullshit or that climate scientists are wrong. They have payed their own scientists to refute the scientific consensus that the Earth's climate is warming, due to man-made carbon-dioxide, but they all say that they agree now.
When even the most powerful people, with the biggest incentive to not agree, agree...
Some say the energy transition is more difficult than people think. No shit, Sherlock!

By #463848 04,Jun,22 03:26
There have been far too many people on this earth for many years and the number is increasing. Nature is responding because we are so enmeshed in our clever, clever modern capabilities that we can't see that we will end up like the dinosaurs killed off by our own enterprise.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Jun,22 09:22 other posts 
The only thing the dinosaurs could have done to kill off themselves is if they shit alot and the methane caused a issue. They were killed off by a large asteroid strike or similar issue.
nothing any greenie can do to stop a space object impact.

By phart [Ignore] 30,May,22 10:24 other posts 

uh don't close a power plant until you can replace it's capacity dipshits!

By Timtriple [Ignore] 16,May,22 12:38 other posts 
The real reason is of course the 8 milliard Humans,everyone wanting everything..
Population further rising, its a logical Process..

By phart [Ignore] 08,May,22 14:09 other posts 
You see here folks,what did we try to tell you? Electric cars electric trains ,etc, now your power grid can NOT KEEP UP>
So instead of "going green" you are actually going to BLACK OUT!
Let's see you charge your car when the power goes OUT.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 08,May,22 17:29 other posts 
Off course if you want to use more electricity, you need to build power plants.
And when there is a shortage of oil and gas, building power plants powered by oil and gas is a bit dim. Fortunately, wind and solar are now also the cheapest power generation technologies. The US is a large country with lots of suitable land for solar energy.

Probably Newsmax has been payed off by the fossil fuel industry, to sell you the narrative of unsolvable problems related with the increased demand for electricity. It sounds like the US can't do anything anymore. You are always condemning laziness, but your attitude on solving problems is incredibly LAZY.

Or is it about the money again? I thought the US was the richest country in the world.
Your government spends trillions of dollars, but just not on anything good. Are they ever asking 'how are we going to pay for it?' if the banks gambled away your money or when your presidents starts a new war or when the rich get new tax-cuts?

You even mention electric trains as a problem? Is the US a third world country?
In Europe electric trains are the standard. See table from 3 years ago:

Luckily not every American is as apathetic as Newsmax's funders want them to be.
Smart entrepreneurs understand they can create more value on their land, when they combine agriculture and solar power, called 'dual-use farming'. It might even save livestock farming in the hottest areas of the US, because solar panels can provide the shade for livestock to survive the heatwaves that will become more frequent and longer, due to climate change.

By CAT-2 [Ignore] 08,May,22 17:38 other posts 
The power grids in most parts of the country couldn’t keep up way before electric cars. I remember Texas used to beg people not to run their AC during the afternoon heat of summer and that was way before electric cars. And there’s no “electric trains” in Texas. New York City has had subways since the end of the 1800’s. Phart, don’t you get tired of getting your shit from that trashy rag Newsmax?
By phart [Ignore] 08,May,22 19:21 other posts 
I link sources from MSN to you know.
I have family that retired from a power company, and friends that did as well. THe power grid was outdated by the late 90's when computers started hitting homes.
How do you recycle solar panels? How do you deal with the heavy metals from the galvanized post the panels are mounted to that leach into ground water? I ask that because there is over 200 acres of the fucking things 2 miles from where I sit. I had to listen to that pounding driving the post in for months on end.Panels good for 20 years then what? Can't grow food on the soil any more.
Yea,put cows on it ,let them eat the grass,full of heavy metals like zinc and tin.Then we eat the steak and then what? brain damage from the metals???
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 08,May,22 20:27 other posts 
You are so negative. How many solar panel farms are there in an area? Here, in Florida, solar panels are mounted on the roof of houses. If the panel area is big enough, they can sell what they don’t use to the power company. I’m sure that solar panel farm close to your house is privately owned. So, why all the negativity? And computers DID NOT cause the grids to overload. The greedy power companies did not re-Invest to keep their grid capabilities in good shape
By phart [Ignore] 08,May,22 22:20 other posts 
I can't totally disagree with the company's not reinvesting, but,you need to step back a minute and look at the situation.
Right of way for power lines is expensive and affects the environment. When the grid was first built, those were not major concerns. But now if you disturb the environment for some kind of worm or germ or animal ,you are a villain that pays big fines. Kinda hard to set towers and keep right of way clear when you have to fight off literal snakes and bugs and the virtual 1's in government.
As for roof top solar, show me the REAL numbers and not those off the tv ad's for that Genercrap system. it takes YEARS for those systems to pay off,and by that time, the system is worn down.
Geothermal is the way I would like to see folks go with home heating and cooling. No major energy needed,just a bunch of pipe buried in the ground and a fan and filters.
or use water ran thru the system.
I know a fellow that dug a 7 foot diameter tunnel in his back yard that was literally 200 foot long about 40 feet down. he had a simple fan hooked up that pulled air up from it and thru the house,shop,and other outbuildings. Cost nearly nothing to operate. Cool in the summer and took little to bring up the temp from 55 degrees in the winter.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 09,May,22 08:00 other posts 
We have a good friend living in Palm Bay, Florida. He bought a house in 2006 and had solar panels installed. The panels where paid off in 2018 and now pays little or no electric bills. His panels are still going and his only problem was with the battery control? That was covered with the extended warranty. In Florida, the power companies are so afraid of solar panels that they lobbied and got laws to curtail installs. Now, in my book, is better than charts or numbers
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 09,May,22 09:00 other posts 
And yet, he needs an ELECTRIC fan to run the system. My AC is really a heat pump. It’s hooked up to a 40’ we’ll and uses cold water to cool and, in our area where the cold weather is mild, we get heat too. Getting people to use more efficient systems is good. Trying to convince people that believe big brother is out to get you, that’s much harder
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 15,May,22 07:43 other posts 
Texas asks homeowners to turn up thermostats in heat wave as six power systems have gone down already.

By phart [Ignore] 15,May,22 08:13 other posts 
and they are sitting on oil that could heat water, that could make steam to create electricity. BUT folks like you won't let them without regulations out the ying yang. YOu would rather people suffer than enjoy the fruits of society like air conditioning.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 15,May,22 08:35 other posts 
You are wrong again. They are not feeding the gerbils enough. They are not running fast enough on the exercise wheel

By phart [Ignore] 09,May,22 21:42 other posts 

The real cost of driving electric.
It is going to require aftermarket to get involved for cost of battery replacement to be affordable.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 10,May,22 16:51 other posts 
A Tesla is a fucking supercar. Ever seen a cheap supercar?

Replacing the battery of a Nissan Leaf is $5,500. That's after 10 years or so.
And it needs much less maintenance than a petrol car, besides that.

A Nissan Leaf is very comparable with the economical petrol burning car I have now.
It's twice as expensive to buy, but it is cheaper to run. Charging that battery would cost me around €6,- and would give me a range of around 385 km. That's around 7x cheaper per km (or mile) than my car. I used to drive 20.000 km per year, which would cost me now €2,265 per year. That Nissan Leaf would cost me €312 per year on electricity.
I would save €19,532 in ten years. It then has compensated for it's higher purchase price and a new battery, that will last me another 10 years. Then I'm really saving money.

One reason I don't do it (yet) is because I never buy NEW cars.
Another reason is that I don't drive 20.000 km per year anymore.
But it's still very likely that my next car is electric.
Especially when I find a solution to charge it with my own solar panels.
By phart [Ignore] 10,May,22 17:54 other posts 
There is a good chance it may better for you than most because of the lower miles and the fact you will be supplying the electric for charging. although the electric car didn't start this fire, this exposes another issue with electrics.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 10,May,22 19:34 other posts 
We are just used to the idea of driving around with 20 gallons of highly flammable liquid sloshing around, near a hot exhaust. But I would like a thick piece of steel between me and that huge battery.
By phart [Ignore] 10,May,22 21:59 other posts 
I would prefer a thick layer of carbon fiber and a thick layer of mica.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #11   #12   #13   #14   #15   #16   #17   #18   #19   #20   ...#26

Show It Off