Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Tired of ads
on this site?

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #688

Pages:  #1... #683   #684   #685   #686   #687   #688   #689   #690   #691   #692   ...#766

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 22:25 other posts 
There is a new pizzeria/bar opening in Detroit that will only accept credit cards, no cash. That seems really strange, has anyone else ever heard of that?
By #460385 17,Jan,19 22:50
Can't get robbed if there's no cash in the register.
By bella! [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 22:58 other posts 
Yes, you are probably correct that that is the main reason behind doing business that way.
By #551147 17,Jan,19 23:28
That seems really silly to me, considering there's a fee for each and every transaction processed. Over a years time, what may seem like an insignificant fee, adds up to a lot of bucks. Therefore, I say it's asinine.
By bella! [Ignore] 18,Jan,19 00:13 other posts 
Yes, it is my understanding that the merchant pays a fee in order to accept credit cards. I heard 3% and if you as a merchant loose 3% with every credit card transaction processed, yes, that translates into mucho buck-os!

So, if I were a merchant, I would raise my prices. Last year I had some tax work done and I used my credit card and was charged a 3% "convenience fee". It wasn't convenient for me!
By phart [Ignore] 18,Jan,19 17:02 other posts 
That is odd because our bills have written on them, "legal tender for all debts public and private" So if I go in there to get a pizza and they don't take my cash,I could sue them technicaly.Because they did not accept my payment.
Looks like a legal battle to me.

By kebmo [Ignore] 18,Jan,19 10:34 other posts 
The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed vaccine hesitancy—the delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite their availability—as one of its top 10 health threats facing the world in 2019.
-Newsweek
only registered users can see external links

By #551147 17,Jan,19 18:20
I think Admin ditched her account too. As it became clearly obvious that they were one in the same person. Morrow of the story... Don't be deceitful to him. I think she fibbed and he believed it for the moment. So,,,,, When it was obvious that she lied to him,,,, >pooooof<
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:23 other posts 
"Truth will out." W. Shakespeare
By mr_blue [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:27 other posts 
So not Yoda then
You cannot out truth Will
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:32 other posts 
True. I have never been out-truthed.
By admin [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:25 other posts 
I did not care much that she (or he?) lied to me. I did not like one particular false accusation she made towards JustWill's husband. That was something I do not take lightly.
By #551147 17,Jan,19 18:26
Ahhhhh Must have been while I was away.
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:28 other posts 
Again, I, and my partner, thank you, Admin.
By admin [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:46 other posts 
That's not really about you or your partner. I just do not tolerate some particular kinds of false accusations towards anyone. I've seen such things ruining innocent people's lives. There is nothing I can do about stupidity of the society, but some things I don't want to be in any connection with.
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:48 other posts 
I understand. I just wanted to thank you for taking a stand when it comes to that sort of thing.
By #460385 17,Jan,19 23:15
Charlie will be back.
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 23:25 other posts 
I have no doubt. Some people just never learn.

By #487013 17,Jan,19 01:41
Why is that some MF couples on here insist on pushing the female off on other females that identify as straight? It's irksome. Im not a swinger and I dont find other females attractive. Dont keep asking if I want to see her.
By bella! [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 07:12 other posts 
It sounds as though in this situation or these situations, you are interacting with the male. When you indicate you are not interested, do they ever offer to send you pictures of them instead?

Just my observation here and often in life, you don't get something for nothing. Where I'm going with this, he sends you pictures of F do you think he is anticipating that you will reciprocate by sending pictures of yourself? Other than that, I can't imagine the motivation. It seems really strange to want to send cooter pictures to someone who is NOT interested. Hmmmmmm.....on the flipside, would he push a gay man in the same way? Probably not.
By #460385 17,Jan,19 23:08
Because they're not really a couple.

By bella! [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 08:24 other posts 
Last night I stopped at CVS to pick up a few things to take to the hospital tonight when I visit my friend. My intention was to buy a couple magazines, that's all. I purchased 5 items, 3 magazines and 2 things for myself so I had to laugh when the cashier handed me a receipt that longer than I am tall. I'm 5'5" so the receipt for 5 items plus a crap load of meaningless register coupons was over 65 inches long. What a waste of paper!
By #551147 17,Jan,19 12:49
I mostly refuse the receipt, if given the option.
By dgraff [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 17:59 other posts 
Was this at the dollar General store they all ways give long receipts with a bunch of crap on them
By #551147 17,Jan,19 18:09
Gotdamnit Dgraff!! Put your fricken readers on... She said at "CVS" it's a competing to Walgreens pharmacy chain.
By dgraff [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 18:17 other posts 
Hahaha I just put them on and I see that now
By #551147 17,Jan,19 18:25
ROFL

By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 17:11 other posts 
Okay, I have to admit that that was kinda fun.
It's been a long time since I have spent an afternoon poking a stick at a Forum Loony.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 17:13 other posts 
I think someone fucked their brains out
By JustWill [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 17:16 other posts 
What she doesn't get is that she has completely ruined an vestiges of "credibility" she ever had here.
It is almost sad to have watched what passes for her mind dissolve right before our eyes...

By bella! [Ignore] 16,Jan,19 21:48 other posts 
Is someone able to explain the BEST PICTURE/MEMBER competition?

/imagetop.php

Earlier today, one member was number one and was at "100%". A little later, said member was no longer at 100% and a different member was number one. The previous number one is no longer number one, the member(s) that I voted for aren't anywhere close to 100% and seem to be losing ground.

How long does this competition last?
By #551147 17,Jan,19 02:44
It appears to me, he's analyzing what's going on daily, and making tweaks here and there before he unleashes the final product. Probably will be some sorta contest. This is the testing phase.
By bella! [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 07:39 other posts 
You are probably correct.

I noticed he posted "(this is experimental, may be changed any moment)" and there was an opportunity for me to receive +3 points to JUST vote. I think I voted 3 times yesterday and kept looking and hoping to find something that would tell me something specific.

I noticed that when I voted HOT, it seemed to only advance the member by 5%. When I voted later, the position/placement of the member had quite possibly changed not only because another member's percentage had increased, but the percentage of the person that I voted for 4+ hours ago had actually decreased. Wasn't sure if the decrease was a result of more members participating or what. I even spent 40 points to vote HOT to see what happens.

Too many variables with no directions provided.
By #551147 17,Jan,19 11:40
Funny! I spent some too to see what would happen... 😆😆😆 Maybe, just maybe, we spent on opposing people. 😉

By #487013 17,Jan,19 01:52
👀

By kebmo [Ignore] 15,Jan,19 01:51 other posts 
Canadian air traffic controllers started sending pizzas to their American counterparts last Thursday. This is in support of the fact that the Americans aren't getting paid because of the government shut down.

As of Sunday morning, Canadian units have sent pizzas to 35 different units in the U.S.

Very neighbourly eh?
By #562152 15,Jan,19 07:43
With Canadian Bacon topping???
By kebmo [Ignore] 15,Jan,19 10:43 other posts 
They set a bunch of pizzas to each unit so I would certainly hope some Canadian bacon was involved.
--------------------------------------- added after 5 minutes

In Canada we call it back bacon.
By #562152 15,Jan,19 10:45
I love it,,,,
By JustWill [Ignore] 15,Jan,19 22:55 other posts 
What? The Canadians are sending us pizza?! We need to build a wall on the northern boarder!
By kebmo [Ignore] 15,Jan,19 23:36 other posts 
We'll send them via Alaska!
By bella! [Ignore] 15,Jan,19 23:50 other posts 
What if the Canadians were sending pie?
By JustWill [Ignore] 16,Jan,19 11:50 other posts 
The pie is how they get you!
First they get you hooked on the pie, then they start sending maple syrup and politeness!
They are up to no good I tell ya!
By kebmo [Ignore] 16,Jan,19 16:10 other posts 
The pizza is in steel boxes and we're not paying tariffs on the steel! Shhhh.

By bella! [Ignore] 16,Jan,19 00:12 other posts 
Has anyone done any air travel within the United States since the government shutdown?

A couple of my friends will be traveling from Detroit Metro Airport to the airport in or near Clearwater, FL on January 17. They told me that the shutdown has affected elevators and that flat escalator type motorized walkway that assists travelers to get from one point to another within the terminal. That just does not make sense to me. I would think the shutdown might affect TSA and the air traffic controllers but not elevators and walkways. Say it isn't so.
By #460385 16,Jan,19 00:24
I would think elevators, escalators, people movers, and shit like that would fall under the airports responsibility. Sounds like some shenanigans going on.
By bella! [Ignore] 16,Jan,19 00:47 other posts 
I know, like I said to them, since when are elevators and people movers (and thanks for the help on that word) fall under the umbrella of being something that is run by the government.

By bella! [Ignore] 14,Jan,19 15:58 other posts 
I happened to notice some interesting STUFF when looking at the various member groups formed. There seemed to be a number of groups that began with an asterisk. Odd, I thought but what was even more odd was that *you-know-who* is in them. Yep, that's right, this member is in over 400 groups and is the moderator in a number of them.

What makes me smile is that they are the moderator for the UNITED STATES group, yet they are not even an American or live in the Northern Hemisphere! And the craziness does not stop there, they are also the moderator for the GAY MEN group. Whatever!
By #562152 14,Jan,19 17:17
Don't you have to join these groups to find out whom the moderator is?
By bella! [Ignore] 14,Jan,19 18:54 other posts 
Not necessarily.
By #562152 14,Jan,19 19:02
I know this site is addictive. I'm at work and checking out what's going on. I don't have time to really join these groups. Razzle likes me in his. One is a tribute. The other is a mutual Rah Rah society. That leaves one and I never check it. My point is who has time to invest on all the groups. Could it be a hacked account?
By #551147 14,Jan,19 19:52
I can't figure out for the life of me how to identify any groups moderators.
By #562152 15,Jan,19 10:03
Many you have to join. It appears on the banner. You can quit the group after
By #551147 15,Jan,19 21:33
OH!! I see it now, I never noticed it! It's in that neon blue banner across the top. Thanks! Never noticed that before now.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #683   #684   #685   #686   #687   #688   #689   #690   #691   #692   ...#766

Show It Off