Discover your full Abilities!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Tired of ads
on this site?

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #165

Pages:  #1... #160   #161   #162   #163   #164   #165   #166   #167   #168   #169   ...#769

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 28,Dec,22 17:54 other posts 
Coming to the border NEAR YOU!

only registered users can see external links
By phart [Ignore] 28,Dec,22 20:58 other posts 
Yea, aint that nice?
I can't imagine what it is like to own land in that area and just have people walking around like THEY own it.
Walking on a golf course with players trying to do what they paid for the privilege of doing ,playing a game of golf. I wonder how many mexicans get a golf ball upside the head?'

Instead of looking into dealing with this issue, biden is in
St. Croix with his flock on vacation. People DIEING of cold and where is our so called LEADER?

By phart [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 19:23 other posts 
Joy joy. I just enjoyed a 12 hour reprieve from the luxury of electricity and land line telephone. So happy the lights are back on. It decided to go out at 5:30 this morning at about 10 degrees outside.
so that meant the dogs heated bed and water bucket were not working so he had to be shuttled to the shop for the day.
kerosene heaters and woodstove kept us warm.
Finally got my little outdated eyepad fired up using the usb port on a car jump starter and found the power companys reccomendations to conserve power to prevent Further blackouts, of course, the last damn thing on the list,
"charge your electric car during off peek hours".
I Want to fucking SCREAM. The fucking system can't handle peoples heat and cooking Christmas turkeys,how is it going to handle everyone driving to work??????
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 08:34 other posts 
BOOM- Like I've said before- thank your lib friends for the power outages. Remember, electricity comes from the air!
By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 10:23 other posts 
Yea,just ask Marconi! That is what he was trying to do was transmit electricity without wires and invented radio by accident.
the libs think meat comes from the grocery store,gas comes from the pump and energy just surrounds and hugs you waiting to serve you free of charge . Free rides everywhere.
By #610414 28,Dec,22 14:26
We run AC year round and in the hottest summer temps. Our grid doesn't go down. Perhaps, your electric company put away too much profits and didn't keep up with demand. For all it's negative ways, Fla. Power and Light keeps it going.

By #610414 25,Dec,22 06:34
Merry Christmas everybody. Make it safe.
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Dec,22 07:10 other posts 
Thank you, happy Christmas to you and yours!
By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 25,Dec,22 07:42 other posts 
Merry Christmas everyone. It's 44 here this morning. It actually feels like Christmas for a change in Florida.
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Dec,22 09:08 other posts 
Back at you!

Regarding the temperature, you're not much warmer than the 39 degrees here in LaBelle. My guess is that the 39 here feels much toastier than the 15 it is in my Michigan town!

Got a text from my neighbors that the dock is a bit icy. Dang, they must have entertained the idea of enjoying a cocktail or two by the water!
By #610414 25,Dec,22 17:10
We are at the cabin ( East Marion county by the Ocala National Forest).The guys got wild pig last Wednesday and we cooked it in a pit Saturday early. It was 24* F at 6:30 pm. This morning it was 22*F and 18*F with the wind chill factor. I haven't had temps like this since we lived in Valdosta.
By phart [Ignore] 25,Dec,22 21:12 other posts 
I am late but Merry Christmas,and yes it feels like Christmas should. COLD! 24 as i type this at 9:10 pm.
full of deviled egg and mac and cheese,home made by the way,not the cheap box kit.
By #610414 26,Dec,22 07:16
👍❤️
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 10:37 other posts 
I hope you’re condo has heat a lot of places down there don’t have any heating systems
By #610414 27,Dec,22 10:47
If it's central AC then, usually, they are reverse cycle.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 11:09 other posts 
I'm not in a condo, it's called/considered a "park model". You or I might look at it and say it's a trailer, but because of the size limitations, Florida refers to it as a park model. The main structure is 40' x 10' and it has a 40' x 10' attached screened in "porch". The main structure has the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living area and the "porch" has a utility room with washer and dryer, a bathroom and a large living area with desk, 2 recliners, electric fireplace and LARGE TABLE that comfortably seats 8 people.

It did get cold so I turned on the furnace. Although there are vents in the ceiling on the porch, the furnace didn't seem adequate enough to heat both areas so I closed the sliding door from main structure's living area to the attached porch as well as an auxiliary back door off of kitchen and things were just fine!

Right now, it's approximately 63 degrees in LaBelle and today it's going up to 68 or 69. I turned off the heat because Wednesday it's supposed to be 76, Thursday through Monday will be somewhere in the 80's!

You are still welcome to c'mon down!
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 11:24 other posts 
As we speak it’s 31 degrees outside and we are going to be in the 50s for new years
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 12:45 other posts 
A HEATWAVE!

By bella! [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 05:59 other posts 
It's NOT going to be warm in LaBelle, Florida this weekend as the temperature is projected to be somewhere in the 50's. But 50-something sure beats this!

By dgraff [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 07:17 other posts 
We are going into a deep freeze tomorrow with a day time high of 15 degrees and we had snow yesterday 3 inches of wet slick snow
--------------------------------------- added after 2 minutes

Don’t you wish you were up north Bella
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 16:10 other posts 
Up north? Hecky, NO!

I texted my neighbors and the temperature in my town is 6 degrees and snowing. Apparently, the temp is supposed to go up to 10 or 11 but high winds are expected later this evening. dgraff, it was 80 degrees a couple of hours ago and it's currently 72.....I'm good with that! I thought my unit was 2 bedrooms, it's only 1 bedroom with 2 baths but you and Marcy are welcome to come down and I can sleep on the pull out in the living room.
By dgraff [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 17:30 other posts 
I would miss my winter though
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 18:15 other posts 
Now I know you're CRAZY!
By #275407 23,Dec,22 22:02
Bella, your getting a low temp of 35 in labelle tonight
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Dec,22 22:41 other posts 
Yeah, I looked at the weather for the next 24 hours and the 35 degrees comes at approximately 7 to 9 am tomorrow morning. Tgere will be quite a weather contrast between today and tomorrow. Today, I was in the pool and wore shorts, tomorrow I will be wearing my winter coat!

Hey, cody, you're only 10 to 12 degrees warmer where you're at and mid 50's tomorrow. Gee, I was out Monday buying potted flowers to pizazz up the outside, tonight I brought them in.
By phart [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 00:31 other posts 
it is 17.4 degrees here.
at 12 30 am
By #275407 24,Dec,22 02:00
Countrycouple and I are west ft,lauderdale and our low here in Weston/plantation area will be 43 with some areas in the 30s. The Everglades get colder then near the warm ocean which is around ten degrees warmer. When the weatherman gives the temps, it's downtown ftlauderdale/Miami area. We are out west which is ten degrees colder.
By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 17:14 other posts 
Yeah and the wind blowing
20 is making it feel even colder.
By kebmo [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 09:53 other posts 
It has been about-40° in Alberta for a couple of weeks. No mosquitoes or flies though! The heatwave starts tomorrow!
By dgraff [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 11:04 other posts 
2 degrees this morning in Pennsylvania close the doors kebmo and keep your Arctic air up there
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 13:43 other posts 
Plus 1 on that suggestion, dgraff!
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 15:03 other posts 
Cat you lump- the temps are falling faster than your saggy tits when you let them out of your bra!

By dgraff [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 16:32 other posts 
Ahhhahaha merry Christmas cat
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 08:35 other posts 
dgraff

Her Christmas sucked a huge bag of lass hairs! See my blogs!
By dgraff [Ignore] 27,Dec,22 08:50 other posts 
I will have to check them out

By phart [Ignore] 26,Dec,22 14:19 other posts 

a his and hers car!
I think Volkswagon missed the boat when they didn't go 4 door with the original.
neat little electic car.at least it does not look like a door stop.

By phart [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 23:34 other posts 
Political correctness gone amuck?
This is down right SILLY.

By bella! [Ignore] 20,Dec,22 19:09 other posts 
Arrived in Florida late Saturday and although it's currently raining, weather has been pleasant and in the 70's. Yesterday, Monday, I ventured to Walmart for a couple of necessities, toilet paper, soap dish, hamper and I wanted a covered butter dish which they did not have.

Based on phart 's recommendation, I bought Duke's mayonnaise and I was interested in buying and trying the Claxton fruitcake based on cody8789 's recommendation but was unable to find it.

On the way back, I stopped at McDonald's for their unsweetened iced tea. As I was walking in, a worker sneezed and my reaction was to say "bless you". To my surprise, her response was, "thank you mama". WTF was she calling me "mama" as she was every bit as old as I am!?

Tonight I fried a burger on the stove and didn't want the place smelling like a fast food restaurant, I turn the knob on the stove hood thinking there's a fan that will suck the stink out. It just turns on a light so I bend over hoping to spot a switch of some sort only to spy 2 fricken cock roaches about 2 inches long, dead but contained in that overhead light. I'm sleeping with my electric bug zapper tonight. I haven't even been here a week, I hope that I can last another 4 months and 10 days in Florida!
By #275407 20,Dec,22 19:12
If you have a publix supermarket in your area, they have claxtons fruitcake on there holiday display located in the front lobby of the store.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 20,Dec,22 19:23 other posts 
You in da South now!!

By phart [Ignore] 20,Dec,22 22:10 other posts 
By phart [Ignore] 20,Dec,22 21:57 other posts 
Now you will understand why alot of folks wear the sharp toed Tony Lama's and Texas Imperials!

I had to post the ebay link in another post as it ruined this 1 trying to post it here.

Roach Stompers!
When I was little,and we moved into the brand new house, the moving truck, from the company that had 3 elephants on the side of the truck , must have been a bus for every roach from 3 states. As we brought them in when we unloaded the truck.
Took a while to get rid of them.
Home defense I think it is, is about the best 1 to spray for them. they were gone in a year or 2 but that was annoying to have them in a new house.

Bug zapper?! Wow you have adapted well already. that is official redneck entertainment! lol
This Damn thing is cutting my post off again!
By #610414 21,Dec,22 09:46
Tip of the day: Florida roaches are called Palmetto bugs. They are outside bugs that frequent trees, but, they like to fly (yes, they fly) towards lights. Try to keep your doors closed as much as possible. I recommend you use a bug bomb in every room while you go out for 3 to 4 hours. Then every week do a perimeter spray of the inside of the house using a bug spray. Welcome to Florida.
By dgraff [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 11:28 other posts 
No respectable northerner would put up with bugs that big I get an occasional cricket in the house but nothing else
By #610414 24,Dec,22 12:03
No German roaches?
By phart [Ignore] 21,Dec,22 22:24 other posts 
So how did ye like the Dukes Mayonnaise??
Welcome to Florida, LoL. Remember what I said to you before you ventured to the oasis of redneck country.
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 12:16 other posts 
Forgive me, I feel scattered brained being outside of my element, I don't remember anything other than you telling me about LaBelle Brewing Company, Quart House, Log Cabin BBQ, Two Peas Cafe and Beef 'O' Brady's for good chicken wings.

On a side note, I drove to Fort Myers for the nearest Gordon's Food Service and stopped at the Alva Diner, a hole in the wall on 80, for chicken wings. They wouldn't just sell me wings, my take from the waitress was that they might be short on wing inventory. Oh well, the cream of broccoli soup was delicious, the boxed mashed potatoes were, well, boxed potatoes.
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 12:28 other posts 
Hey, I ate at a place called Rib City, also on FL-80, the other day.

Apparently, there is a good deal of confusion as to how to pronounce many of the cities, roads, rivers, lakes, etc that are Native American. I BELIEVE that FL-80 has the name of Hickpochee and no one seems to know how to say it, so I am chatting up a couple of guys sitting near us/me, and I ask them, "How do you say the name of the road outside?". It took a moment but one guy replies to me, "80". My friends roared with laughter, so much for that!
By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 17:05 other posts 
And if you'd asked one of us East coast foke that question. We would call 80 (Southern Boulevard).

By phart [Ignore] 22,Dec,22 13:00 other posts 

gee just because you are young you can't protect yourself?
I am glad to see this victory.
By #610414 22,Dec,22 13:05
Protect themselves from whom? Some boogie man WITH A GUN? Why not outlaw all guns? Too much effort?
By phart [Ignore] 22,Dec,22 19:00 other posts 
Boogie men with hard dicks and knives wanting to r@pe and steal from them and kill them?
By #610414 24,Dec,22 12:01
What you imply is that every adult in the US should carry a gun. Some safe society. 👍
By dgraff [Ignore] 24,Dec,22 11:15 other posts 
There is no boogie men in my area for me to see them i would have to go 10 miles south to Lebanon or 30 miles west to Harrisburg

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #160   #161   #162   #163   #164   #165   #166   #167   #168   #169   ...#769

Show It Off