Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #5

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#26

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By phart [Ignore] 03,Oct,23 22:36 other posts 
Government tax dollars,Americans money, was spent on electric buses that no longer work in 1 of the few countys that voted biden in Wyoming
gee, never saw that coming?
only registered users can see external links

Old joe says,you are making me look good.
REALLY? HUM
"In 2021, Congress appropriated more than $5.5 billion for eco-friendly buses under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill.

At the time, President Joe Biden conducted a virtual tour of tax-supported Proterra.

“The fact is, you’re making me look good,” Biden said at the time.

In August, Proterra filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 04,Oct,23 06:54 other posts 
American made? We use busses from Daimler; Mercedes-Benz eCitaro.
Since 2012, there are 1.414 electric busses in my country.
That's only 16% of the busses, but at least it's growing.

Not counted are the trolley-busses. They have overhead lines.
We had them since the sixties. More expensive than busses,
but cheaper and more flexible than trams (streetcars).

By phart [Ignore] 04,Oct,23 09:46 other posts 
Well yea, of course American made.No reason Americans couldn't build the best if they took any pride in their work. Mecedes was the only foriegn car i would have considered buying but they have went by the wayside to as far as quality.
Germans used to take pride in what they built and their cars were built to last a lifetime.
I almost bought 1 like the red convertable on this webpage in 2008.

I would figure the bankruptcy issue for the bus company was similar to Rivian , miss management of funds and over promotion before the company got off the ground.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 04,Oct,23 09:55 other posts 
Most of those start-ups fail and too many of your big car-companies are failing
to innovate. That's when Chinese, German, Japanese and Korean car-companies
take over the market that could have been yours. Those countries aren't afraid
to spend some government tax dollars to stimulate their industry.

Unfortunately, my government did not help our Solar Electric Vehicle startup Lightyear.
They should have just bought up Lightyear, bought up VDL NedCar and started mass-producing these solar-cars ASAP, for an affordable price. Now Lightyear is bankrupt and cut-up and VDL NedCar's BMW manufacturing contract of the Mini runs out.
As of November 1, more than 1,800 of Nedcar's 3,950 employees will lose their jobs.
Our fucking loser right-wing government didn't Make Dutch Carbuilding Great Again.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Oct,23 15:53 other posts 
well maby the local bmw plant will start making the mini's.
Sad thing is GM had the EV-1 that everyone loved back years ago, and scrapped them, google it, not a bad looking car and reliable alot of innovation has took place but there are more sides to it than having a finished vehicle . Toyotas hybrid work and their new battery tech will hit the market and blow the doors off the other stuff soon.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 05,Oct,23 08:10 other posts 
GM had the EV-1, I had never heard of that vehicle before, looked it up, very interesting story, seems as though it was ahead of its time, thankyou for sharing

I already know about the story of GM's EV1.
I've seen the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?", from 2006, years ago.

Here's an alternative documentary:
"How General Motors Killed the First Modern Electric Car"

By dgraff [Ignore] 21,Sep,23 07:08 other posts 
48 degrees in Pennsylvania this morning
No sign of global warming here
By CAT [Ignore] 21,Sep,23 08:55 other posts 
Just your brain overheating.🤣😈
Do you understand the differences between the weather, the seasons and the climate?
By dgraff [Ignore] 22,Sep,23 11:22 other posts 
Absolutely
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 04:56 other posts 
Then why do you make the argument that one cold day disproves climate change?

The climate is a global system. Still, just looking at Pennsylvania, you can see the changes. Summers have become hotter with longer heat waves and winters are milder and wetter. However, Pennsylvania is a very northern state. It will take longer before heat and droughts will become a problem in your state.

The southern states are already suffering from heat and droughts. Farming is becoming impossible there and watering agriculture lands is becoming unaffordable.

My country is even to the north of Pennsylvania. Except for a few very hot days, I could have said: "Climate Change isn't real, I'm fine over here!". But I watch the news and see people dying and fleeing forest fires and suffering record heat waves all over the world.

Even looking at the changes in my own country, I know it's happening. Instead of freezing in the winter for months in my youth, I hardly need a winter coat these days. I could even consider that a bonus.
However, it doesn't require sympathy for the suffering people, to be worried. I can be worried for purely selfish reasons, even while living in a mild climate. Drought affecting agriculture in hotter climates is affecting food prices today. People are fleeing the hottest climates, because survival is becoming impossible there. Climate change could push more than 200 million people to leave their homes in the next three decades. Italy and Greece are already overwhelmed by migration. As one of the most densely populated countries in the world, my country cannot handle many more immigrants either. Instead of thinking of stupid solutions, like building a wall, I prefer to look at the root cause of the problem, which increasingly is climate change. It's a problem that humanity can solve, but it's not made easier with people like you digging their heels in the sand.
By dgraff [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 05:13 other posts 
One cold day? Buddy winter has set in here I’ve been using the propane heater for the last two weeks and this is only September in fact it’s been cool and rainy all summer I can only report on what I see so that’s my argument
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 07:13 other posts 
You're still only looking at the weather near you, for this year.

But you are right that it wasn't hot in Pennsylvania. It was hot and dry in other parts and very wet in your region.

Record number of billion-dollar disasters have struck the nation so far this year:
"Arizona, Idaho and Minnesota each had their third-driest July on record, while California and New Mexico had one of their top-10 driest Julys on record. Connecticut and Vermont experienced their second-wettest July on record. Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island all had a July ranking among top-10 wettest on record."

How about all the years before and how about in the rest of your country?
How about in the rest of the world? How about those glaciers?
How about the North Pole? How about all those temperature records?

How about you look a bit further in time and space, than this year on your hill?

How about you understanding that you have to search hard for anything that confirms your ideas and that you deny anything that contradicts your ideas?
And that you don't just do it for climate change.
By dgraff [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 07:25 other posts 
My point is why should I care when China and Japan still do what ever they want do you think it was a good idea for Japan to build a nuclear power plant right along the ocean in a known tsunami area do you really think china is abiding by regulations i got my doubts
I will make a deal with you when you get other countries to care then so will I
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 07:38 other posts 
If we are all to survive, we will all need to do what is necessary.

Think of when that zombie apocalypse finally comes, will you say:
"Why should we do something? China and Japan aren't doing what is needed!"?
OK, have fun being a zombie then. At least you have enough guns to defend your hill, but do you have 330 million bullets?

It sucks, but the US wanted to be the world's most powerful superpower.
That comes with some responsibility. Like not looking away when humanity is destroying itself.

China is doing better than the US actually. Meanwhile Trump is crying that all the electric vehicles will be build by China soon. Yes, that's very likely. If your country refuses to innovate and progress, other countries will take your place. They will take full advantage of your procrastination.
By phart [Ignore] 22,Sep,23 15:04 other posts 
Yep, that's why folks like yourself, although may be well meaning, really make us scratch our heads.
The predications are for a cold hard winter this year.Not looking forward to it, the last big snow we had really wore me down trying to keep things going around here
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 07:57 other posts 
Those predictions of the cold hard winter in the US do not refute climate change.

The average global temperature in June, July and August was 16.77 degrees Celsius, smashing the previous 2019 record. 2023 is likely to be the hottest year in human history, and global temperatures during the Northern Hemisphere summer were the warmest on record.

(Why the 'Northern Hemisphere summer'? only registered users can see external links )
By phart [Ignore] 22,Sep,23 18:29 other posts 
The season is dictated by the earths position around the sun, the weather is dictated by the jet stream and moisture content of the air in part. The climate is dictated in part by the earths emissions from volcano's and geysers.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 05:16 other posts 
"The climate is dictated in part by the earths emissions from volcano's and geysers."
Sure, in part. But a bigger part is now CO2 emissions from fossil fuels.

Climate science takes into account all the effects from the earths position around the sun, fluctuations in sun activity, volcano's, geysers, forest fires and all the other things you have ever mentioned as a reason for you to deny reality. They are not as stupid as you make them. To believe what you believe, you have to believe in a global conspiracy of people 'spreading lies' and 'withholding the truth', just like flat-earthers do. And actually, they have more elaborate delusions than you have. You keep repeating the same feeble arguments. Could climate change only be real if there were no volcanoes? My side is not denying that the earth's position around the sun and the sun's activity fluctuates. WE KNOW, so it's not an argument. There were volcanoes too, when in my youth, I froze my balls of every winter. So come up with better arguments. Try to understand this topic better. Don't you think it's important enough to try?

Even if you're right, you should do better. Because then the scientists are obviously being more convincing at selling their 'lies' than you are at selling the 'truth'.
By phart [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 11:43 other posts 
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 12:59 other posts 
So you're expecting people to freeze to death in Texas again?
Or has Texas solved the downsides of their 'energy independence' now?

In any case, after that winter, you can expect new heat records, new terrible heatwaves, new droughts, new floods, new hurricanes, new wildfires, probably starting in May 2024. Some will be worse than in 2023. Maybe you'll be lucky one year, but the overal costs of the damages will become higher and higher and higher, in general.
By phart [Ignore] 25,Sep,23 23:31 other posts 
With all the oil in texas, and all the furnace tech out there, no reason for anyone to be cold.
All those people freezing, made no sense. When it is winter, you prepare for winter, with wood for heat, a generator for power, much of the same stuff they should already have for hurricane prepardness.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 26,Sep,23 03:27 other posts 
Read your own comment.
With all the oil in Texas.. there is no reason for Texans to freeze.
Then you say they need to personally prepare for winter; "wood for heat, a generator for power, much of the same stuff they should already have for hurricane prepardness."
WHY????

Doesn't Texas have a power grid? That's what power companies are for.
There wasn't some horrible natural disaster in Texas, it was just very cold.
It was just as cold in my country on Jan. 30th 2012. That was a very cold period. However, no one died in their own home.
2012 was cold, but it wasn't even cold enough to hold our beloved 'eleven cities tour', which is a skating marathon, over eleven cities, of close to 125 miles.
The last time we had the 'eleven cities tour' was in 1997. The ice has to be at least 6 inches thick everywhere. In my lifetime, there have been three of them. It was way colder then, than in Texas last year. I have never heard of anyone dying of cold in their own home, in my lifetime. People just turned up the heat and live comfortably.

We did have increased natural gas prices since Russia attacked Ukraine, but not the crazy prices that Texas had, because power companies were not allowed to increase their prices over a certain government set limit. In the winter, the government banned power companies from shutting off people who couldn't afford their power bills. We did have a natural gas shortage then, but our government prioritized people's use to heat their homes over companies use of natural gas.
No Dutch person was left without the ability to heat their home, even though many had problems affording it. The government spent 30 billion euros to compensate people for their power bills. If Texas had the same consumer protections that we do, no one would have died.
By phart [Ignore] 26,Sep,23 09:23 other posts 
Sure there is a power grid,but it is over loaded with all this green energy shit.
I will admit,there is no reason for citizens to freeze in the US.Plenty of firewood ,plenty of oil,plenty of electric,
There is also no excuse for walls and pipes not being insolated to prevent water line freezing and to hold in heat. Insolation during a hot texas summer will help keep a house COOL also.
BUT in the case of those folks in texas,alot of it was just plain to fucking lazy to cut some wood or get in the damn truck and drive somewhere warmer or look into other options. People are getting lazy here in the US. Men don't want to work,they want to get paid to push buttons and "Think" but not actually run a oil rig or other LABOR>
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Sep,23 06:26 other posts 
Overloaded with green energy shit, ... IN TEXAS. Sure!
Then why do Iceland (86.87% green energy shit) and
Norway (71.56% green energy shit) not have that problem?
Both are way colder areas by the way.

What happened in Texas is that greedy power companies failed their customers.

My country experienced something similar, but no one got killed (yet).
However, while you keep supporting that greed, most Dutch people understand that they were screwed by the government, when they privatizing the energy providers. So now there is massive support for my parties initiative to demand winding back of the privatization. More than half of the Dutch public supports full nationalization. As a start, there are now THREE socialized province-controlled power companies, because of my parties initiatives.

Instead of people's money and taxes going to foreign shareholders, the money will flow back into the provinces finances, so they can invest in the power grid, insulating houses and more green energy. That's good shit!
By phart [Ignore] 27,Sep,23 15:00 other posts 
3 power companys? Wow,you have a choice of who to buy power from? We don't , oh there are alot of companies ,but they serve area's and you don't get but 1 company per area.
3 , wow,competing for your bussiness, that means cheaper prices for you.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 01,Oct,23 04:36 other posts 
At least who got that when the government sold all the power companies.
Sure, we can pick between on 30-60 power companies, dependent on where we live, but they are all making profits, that do not return to the general public. Instead of re-investing that money, to improve the grid, it's siphoned off.

The stupid thing is that some of those energy providers are private companies in my country, while they are public energy providers in their own country. Vattenfall is a Swedish multinational power company owned by the Swedish state. The profits they make in my country go to the Swedish state.
My government sold all their ownership to private companies, for a discount, and now the people are paying to make their shareholders rich. Some of those shareholders are other countries, but they are being fully capitalists in my country. At least we get to choose which shareholders we enrich.

In the past years, we had Eneco, Essent, Greenchoice, Oxxio, E.on, Vandebron, Innova and Coolblue Energy, but there are many others.
Every year, I check which company provides the best renewable energy
at the best price and set the price in a new contract.
That contract always ended in december, but this June, I terminated the contract, because in december the prices are always higher. I paid some penalty for that, but I think I will recuperate that soon enough.

What you have is forced monopolies of private companies. At least when
my government forces people into capitalism, it's REAL capitalism.

By phart [Ignore] 30,Sep,23 13:27 other posts 
Here is a example of the green tech being a expensive mistake.
--------------------------------------- added after 7 hours

How the fuck are you going to win a war with a dead battery?

By phart [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 22:01 other posts 
Check this out.
The NEXT ICE AGE!

Now help me out here, will the ice age come before or after the polar ice caps melt??
Make up your minds people, you can't have a ice age global cooling and a melt down at the same time.

Watch this movie if you have time.It is about the country freezing over and everyone going to mexico to get away from the ice.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 22:19 other posts 
That's a interesting question, now I am no scientist but Earth seems to go through these heating cooling periods, so I would say that through this current heating process the ice caps would melt, or significantly reduce bringing sea levels up, then after that process Earth will go into its next cooling period bringing the ice caps back up also entering into the next ice age
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 03:33 other posts 
Exactly, you're no scientist. That doesn't mean that you won't be able
to understand what scientists have been trying to tell you, the last decades,
with increasing confidence, but it takes an effort.

It's either true, which means your way of living is in danger,
or it's really a lie, in which case there is a massive global conspiracy.
Do you think that's not worth investigating, not worth knowing?

That means that you inform yourself on what scientists have proposed
and with an unbiased mind you try to find the errors in it.
That's the 'scientific method'. Science works by creating hypotheses for observations, creating models to reject or confirm those hypotheses with evidence and than other scientist trying to invalidate those models with counter evidence. That process has resulted in a very confident confirmation that climate change is happening, is man-made and is the biggest threat to humanity we faced, since the last ice age.
So stop reading what people are just saying, without any good justification, like what you are repeating here, and dive into the data, the methods, the evidence, the discussions and the logic.

You can keep doing or you can work to increase your knowledge.
Science fiction from 1978! Not science!
Do you even understand the difference?
By phart [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 11:33 other posts 
I was going to ask you the same question. Science fiction 2023? Not science!
And that was a documentary,not a entertainment episode.Nimoy was a liberal that was a save the whales type. He would not have done that documentary had he thought it to be bullshit at that time.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 11:56 other posts 
You don't understand the difference.
There were some scientists back then who saw an ice age as a possibility.
Science fiction is often based on possibilities proposed by science.
That doesn't mean that this video was a documentary on scientific consensus.
That's just you, trying to discredit science with very childish arguments.

I've tried to explain before that science has progressed since you were
in primary school. Don't you have some time to update your knowledge?
Or is your mind limited to primary school level?
By phart [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 12:50 other posts 
NO my mind is not limited to elementary school level. I just aint saw anything credible to make me believe or accept any thing different.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Sep,23 07:38 other posts 
Do you really think you have it in you, to change your mind?
What would that 'anything credible' look like?

We cannot change the fact that the climate has fluctuated in the past 3.7 billion years, that life has existed on our planet, so what will convince you, that this current 'fluctuation' is more extreme, way faster and caused by humanity emitting green house gasses?

In about 100 years, humanity has burned a big part of hydrocarbons, that were formed from ancient plants and animals during the Carboniferous period approximately 362-286 million years ago. That enormous amount of hydrocarbons could only form at that period in time, and not later, because the bacteria that eat rotting plants and animals hadn't evolved yet, and later were. The CO2 concentration was 6,000 ppm 500 million years ago, until plants evolved, that started converting CO2 to O2. That reduced the global temperature a lot. However, the sun was putting out less heat 500 million years ago, so the global temperature was only about 10 degrees warmer at first. By the way, the atmosphere back then was unbreathable for humans (10 to 15 percent oxygen).
For every CO2 concentrations rise by 10 ppm (parts per million), the mean global temperature increases by 0.1 °C. At 6,000 ppm CO2, today, the global temperature would be 55.85 °C higher, which would be 160 °F.

What took many tens of millions of years to form can be completely consumed in about another 100 years. You would say 'not my problem', but there are problems that will affect you, in your lifetime. When fossil fuels are getting more scarce and more difficult to extract, they become ever more EXPENSIVE. You at least see that happening, right? The second problem is pollution. Your water resources are polluted by fossil fuel extraction. Because extracting those fossil fuels have become more difficult, they need FRACKING, for two-thirds the oil produced in the US. That will go up, poisoning more water sources and making oil more expensive.
The third problem is climate change. CO2 absorbs infrared light from the sun, elevating the temperature of the atmosphere. Because the effects of that physical fact are more complicated than just global warming, they changed the term to climate change. Whatever we call it, it's a fact. Humanity disturbs the balance of nature and we are facing the effects. Those effects can be reduced, when humanity stops disturbing the balance of nature or at least drastically reduces it.
What part of that is not credible to you?

By phart [Ignore] 13,Aug,23 13:59 other posts 
our stupid ass ol man for a president can't acknowledge Tesla and it's efforts to put electric cars on the road.mostly because the greedy unions aint got their hands in the pot.
But strangly, much to bidens belly ache,I think i saw 8 on the hwy just yesterday,on I77 and I85
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Sep,23 06:46 other posts 
Musk and Tesla are the ‘clear winners’ of the Detroit auto strike. Analysts say Elon
‘put champagne on ice’ as he sees the ultimate EV victory.
Elon doesn't seem to agree with you that those strikes were bad.

Do you want Biden to stimulate Tesla? How about Biden's Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which invests $7.5 billion in EV charging? Elon can't sell his cars without those.

By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 05,Aug,23 20:44 other posts 
Solar energy lets have a look at that shall we:

I will use dgraff , purely as an example, you & I live 2 totally different worlds in our real lives, but the more I get to know you we share many of the same ideals.

So old mate dgraff has decided to use solar energy, why is that ?

To reduce his power bill simple as that, he has no interest in "saving the world", & good luck to him, he is only wanting to make his little part of the world easier to live in much similar as all the humans on this planet strive for.

The tree "hugging hippies", would say, "oh look at dgraff he is reducing his carbon foot print on the earth going solar", not so.

Why do you ask 🤷‍♀️

The solar panels that are going to get bolted to his roof create more pollution in their creation & within their life span create more pollution to provide the same amount of power, way more than if he was to continue to pay higher bills for burning focal fuels to generate his power requirements.

I to am like him, I wish to decrease my power bills by installing panels to my roof, but my roof needs restoration before doing so, causing more pollution & although my power bill would go down, the "tree hugging hippies", would go "look at this guy he is doing his part to reduce green house emissions", but in actual fact to these fucking wankers I would be increasing my carbon footprint on the world, but would have a much lower power bill 🤷‍♀️

I have mentioned this on a few occasions, peering in from a window to degraf profile, he is a guy that would live in a style that would be minimal to his carbon footprint on the Earth, from what I can see he lives a happy existence with few commodities that people like myself have.

If we all lived a happier simple life like degrah the pollution issue would drop exponentially very quickly.

Also from other mentions he has made. he doesn't breed, the biggest fucking issue there are to many people, I myself am guilty of that I have 4 of the fucking things 🤣.

So although he doesn't have died hair or have metal shit hanging out of his face, guys like degrah are defenders of the Earths pollution problem, they don't even need to think about it, nor do they care, but if many more of us were like him the pollution problem would be fuck all 🤷‍♀️
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 05:38 other posts 
"The solar panels that are going to get bolted to his roof create more pollution in their creation & within their life span create more pollution to provide the same amount of power, way more than if he was to continue to pay higher bills for burning focal fuels to generate his power requirements."

I can provide evidence that this in not true, but it's your claim, so you should support it with evidence, to show you're not just assuming this, because of your bias.

Do you know about oil spills and pollution from fracking?
Do you know how much fossil fuel energy gets wasted from the drilling process, transportation and refining?
By phart [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 06:49 other posts 
Just in the past year or so has anyone come up with a sensible way to dispose of solar panels. There is a 100+ acre field of the things belonging to a local power company less than 2 miles from me. 6 months they had pile drivers out there driving galvanized post in the ground to mount them to. Galvanized metal will put zinc and other metals into the ground, contaminating the water and making the land useless for farming ever again.The panels supposedly will only last 20 years, I think they will work longer but just not put out as much.
The labor to install them ,and remove them cost alot.
The land being useless for crops is forever.
the disposal will be expensive.
Replacement ,will be even more money than the first install.
Deisel fuel was used for that 6 months to drive the post. Deisel fuel brought in all the materials and ran the cranes to set them
It is similar to the game of guess which cup the marble is under. It is just moving things around. Instead of smoke you can see it is stuff going in the ground.
There is no free ride. Energy cost. If a greenie really wants to save the earth, they need to go jump off the edge of it, since they probably think it's flat
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 08:57 other posts 
You told me this before. However, those galvanized metal frames are not necessary for anyone putting solar panels on their rooftops and other frames are possible. It is not something that is inexorably linked to solar energy, you are not complaining about all those houses with galvanized metal frames and you are not showing that this is worse in any way than the pollution from fossil fuels. Zinc isn't even a harmful metal. I'm taking zinc regularly as a food supplement.
You are denying or understating the pollution involved with fossil fuels and you are inventing or overstating pollution involved with solar power.

My solar panels have compensated the cost of their purchase and installation in 4 years, because of the high energy prices. It will cost me absolutely nothing to discard them. If the aluminum frames, cables and micro-inverters are still intact, I can replace the panels much more easy and cheaper than it cost me to install them. Probably, I can do it myself.

You understand there is no free ride and every form of energy, requires energy as an investment.
The way to determine what type of energy technology is the most efficient and the lest polluting, is by COMPARING the advantages and disadvantages of multiple energy technologies WITH ANOTHER. You are not doing that. You are only trying to find disadvantages of renewable energy. You're not looking at the advantages, and you're not looking at all at the disadvantages and advantages of fossil fuels.
By dgraff [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 09:08 other posts 
The only thing that is selling me on solar panels is that I can generate enough electricity to power my whole house and what is left over i can sell back to to my electric supplier plus I can get a big tax deduction each year to me it’s not one side or the other it’s simply a business decision and I might add a smart business decision
--------------------------------------- added after 98 seconds

It will be nice receiving a check each month from met-Ed instead of paying them each month
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 18:11 other posts 
Yes, economically having solar energy is a wise choice its a no brainier really, in the state that I live in the government even subsidises it, just got to get my dang roof tidied up lol.

I have seen some figures from Americans on what you guys pay for power it seems really expensive, I pay roughly $100 a month for a house that has roughly 2.5 people living in it a week, a smaller house no to dissimilar to the house your in from what I can make out.

We use electricity for most of our power requirements, except the BBQ that is on bottled gas, dead animals need to be cooked on a open grill, it is law in my house & a good majority of cooking is done on the BBQ lol

We have many resources in Australia but iron ore & coal are a couple of our biggest, so burring coal for power has been a big thing for us, we have some hydro power & some solar farms but that is just small fry stuff.

In recent times though they are switching to burning natural gas for power, less emissions & blah blah, causing our electricity bills to sky rocket, I haven't had the latest bill yet but it will be interesting to see how much that will be.

Sure there have been a few disasters from fuckwits not doing things right, but why we do not use nuclear power is beyond me, sure there is the waist issue, but we have stable bedrock in our country, our government is stable, there were even plans made up by one of our prior governments of making catacombs in the dead centre of this country where nuclear waist could be stored, the plan was all countries could store waist here, Australia would get a lot of money form it, but oh no the tree hugging hippies put a stop to that.

We have had a nuclear reactor in Australia for fucking years, if memory serves correctly it was built back in the 60's, I could google the facts & figures like a lot of the wankers do here & do a huge copy paste but I work on my real life experiences.

My step farther used to work there as a storeman, packing radio active isotope to be shipped of to hospitals & stuff for the use of x-raying & shit.

We have never had a issue with our reactor because it is managed correctly & isn't built on a faut line or something stupid like that 🤷‍♀️
By dgraff [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 18:33 other posts 
I’m waiting on cat to weigh in as she is a tree hugger even though she has done nothing her self to reduce emissions she had several children and has god only know how many grandchildren she for many years drove a gas guzzling Tahoe and Florida has no inspections so who knows if it even had an exhaust system yet she try’s to cram electric cars down our throats and she thinks no one should own guns of any kind yep she’s a greenie weeny yet she won’t even congratulate me on my decision to go with solar power I bet
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 18:55 other posts 
Fucking electric cars I'll you something about those.

My kid has a duel motored Tesla 3, nice car, fuck its like a rocket when you drop the pedal to the floor.

I look after her insurance & stuff for her & I thought, well with all of its safety features it would be cheap to insure, sure you see a lot of stuff seeing Tesla smashing up doing shit & things do go wrong with them, but shit does go wrong with heaps of shit, but people like to focus on Tesla cause its a new thing I get that.

The insurance on the fucking thing is over double my modern Mazda 3 & this is why.

If I have a decent smash in my Mazda it can be repaired, not so the Tesla, its construction is more or less a high tensile steel frame surrounded by high tensile alloy panels, no cunt knows how to repair the fucking thing, so in a half decent smash, the thing is written off & your given a new one.

So in its creation & the destruction to the Earth especially in the creation of its power cells, let alone instead of using iron for its panels but using high tensile alloys & all the other electronics that are in the fucking thing the tree hugging hippies go "look at you your doing such a good thing for the environment", dumb ass fuckwits.

Stop breeding you cunts
By CAT [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 20:03 other posts 
Dgraff
Treehugger, a noun used in a derisive way to describe someone who is regarded as foolish or annoying because of being too concerned about protecting trees, animals, and other parts of the natural world from pollution and other threats. Imagine that, someone like that is regarded as foolish or annoying.
Trees provide a scrubbing of the air we breathe. They take in carbon dioxide and produce oxygen. They do more but, that alone should make everyone be concerned when whole forests disappear. Of course, that is not so important. These days it’s more important to make fun of those that care that the Amazon Forest is being destroyed for a few dollars more than the FACT that an area the size of Europe, that provides so much needed oxygen, is slowly being obliterated.
There’s not much that a single person can do to make a difference, but, that’s just it. If we ALL make a little effort, collectively, we would make a huge difference. I gave up my Tahoe for a Nissan Rogue because the gas mileage was so much better. All our cars are always tuned. I’m willing to bet that many people with gas ranges don’t have it regulated correctly for propane. Same with the bbq. Mine are.
The state of Florida had inspections on cars until the late ‘70s. I remember making long lines to get that “sticker”. More internal combustion was produced by those lines than any benefit derived from it. I don’t try to cram electric cars down anyone’s throat. That type of car is made for a certain type of use. I travel to central Florida all the time. It’s 320 miles from my house. An electric car can’t make it.
My Dad was Russian Orthodox Catholic. Very few could or would give him lip, yet, this man believed in family. He also believed a shake of the hands was enough to seal a deal or give someone his friendship. He had 4 children. 3 sons and one daughter. He taught all of us that WE were in charge of our lives. We grew up knowing that everyone had the right to do with his life as he chose, but, not to waste it. My Christian God said to be fruitful and multiply. My brothers and I and my children did just that. If you didn’t want that, what can I say other than that is your choice.
It’s true, I don’t like guns and I believe they should be severely restricted. As of Aug. 1, at least 25,198 people have died from gun violence in the U.S. this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive – which is an average of roughly 118 deaths each day. Of those who died, 879 were teens and 170 were children. These statistics are repeated every year. You can come up with all the cliches and other reasons why guns are good, but, you will never convince me OR THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY.
I congratulate you on your decision to get “solar”. I won’t delude myself that your choice was anything more than a profitable one. You are too old and obtuse to believe that this planet of ours will one day kick us in the ass. However, I would have done so sooner except I just found out about it. It might be useful to find out if a foot of snow will keep you from using your computer. 🤣😈
By dgraff [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 20:23 other posts 
No these panels are remote control and will rotate to let the snow slide off of them nice option don’t you think the only reason I having them installed is to combat the inflation you’re hero Biden created
By CAT [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 20:49 other posts 
My hero Biden? Well, ok. I like the guy, but, why aren’t the Republican fixing the economy if it’s like you say?
By dgraff [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 04:48 other posts 
They did 4 or more years ago
By CAT [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 06:46 other posts 
Really? What was that? Giving the rich a tax break? Taking the national debt to unprecedented levels? Allowed Jarred to make millions in negotiations with The Saudis? Eliminating all pandemic equipment? What? Tell us. The site wants to know.
By dgraff [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 09:20 other posts 
I see with my eyes not my computer
Low gas prices
Way lower food prices
Lower taxes
No wokeness spewed about
No riots
No bickering and fighting only from the democrats
No transvestites on tv
None of the nonsense we have today
By CAT [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 18:08 other posts 
Gas prices have been high before. Food prices go up and down all the time. Lower taxes? Sure. No wokeness? What does that mean? No riots? So far. What do you call January 6 riot? No bickering and fighting? Did you forget when Newt Gingrich was Senate majority leader? No trannys on TV? Change the channel……. unless you like it. None of the nonesense? Any more than what an ex-President is providing us?
Get cockled
By dgraff [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 18:59 other posts 
Yes gas prices have been high before when Obama was in office I can’t put my finger on it but it has something to do with the green energy plan that Obama and shit pants are trying
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 11:16 other posts 
Here is a one-item test to see whether you are guilty of cloudy thinking about gas prices: Do you believe that they are something a president can control? Many Americans believe that the answer is yes, but any respectable economist will tell you that the answer is no.

Consider a poll of a panel of economists conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. The 41 panel members were asked whether they agreed with the following statement: “Changes in U.S. gasoline prices over the past 20 years have predominantly been due to market factors rather than U.S. federal economic or energy policies.” Not a single member of the panel disagreed with the statement.

Here is why: Oil is a global market in which America is a big consumer but a small supplier. We consume about 20 percent of the world’s oil but hold only 2 percent of the oil reserves. That means we are, in economics jargon, “price takers.” Domestic production has increased during the Obama administration, but it has had minimal effects on global prices because, as producers, we are just too small to matter much. And even if domestic oil companies further increased production, THEY WOULD SELL TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

If you’re not convinced by economic theory or the opinions of economists, consider some recent history. Presumably, no one would call President George W. Bush unfriendly to the oil industry. Yet the price of gasoline rose steadily during most of his administration. In February 2001, just after Mr. Bush took office, the average price of regular gasoline was $1.45 a gallon. By June 2008, that price had risen to $4.05. Still think presidents and oil-friendly policies can determine oil prices?

By phart [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 12:20 other posts 

The best thing for the US to do is get out of Opec and use our own resources and work towards alternatives in the mean time.
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 12:39 other posts 
Unfortunately, the oil in this country is privately owned. Go talk to the oil companies.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 20:59 other posts 
Nice remote control to have the snow fall off, it doesn't snow where I am so that is not something I would have ever thought about 🤭
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 21:32 other posts 
The milage isn't there just yet in these electric cars, my kids car will get about 600km's (370m ish), then would need to sit at a fast charge station for some time to charge up again. Costs about $8 for a full tank of juice, nor does it ever need to be serviced, it will tell you if something needs fixing though, strange thing this new tec.

Although in many gas stations, what you guys call them, we call them servo's 🤭 fast charge stations are pooping up everywhere. So if you were to go for a long drive, you stop for breaks, coffee something to eat a piss stop & whilst your doing that you can hook the car to a fast charge to keep it toped up, charging is slower than tipping guzzalene into the tank, sure, but there are other ways around keeping a electric car fueled.

I have noticed now that there are some Hydrogen powered cars kicking around now, so this electric car thing may end up being a thing of the past, who knows only time will tell. Their power cells are a shit of a thing to the world to produce & to get rid off once they are done so I don't really think they are the ultimate answer to reduce green house gas as far as the humble auto mobile goes 🤷‍♀️
By CAT [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 18:45 other posts 
I could google the facts & figures like a lot of the wankers do here & do a huge copy paste but I work on my real life experiences.
What do you think the rest of us do? Sit on our thumbs? I personally don't care how eco-friendly solar panels are, but, I see them on the roofs of many homes and they don't spew black smoke, don't produce black lung decease on those that work on them, continue to provide power and economic benefits for many years, and does not turn mountain ranges into slush.
All of that I saw with my own eyes. I didn't have to be a Google wanker for that, nor did I have to copy/paste anything either.
I could have. I could have posted chapter and verse from different scientific sources to prove my point, but why? In this world there are two types of people, the "blokes" that won't give aan effort to bring a solution a fair shake. Quoting statistics that came out of some loudmouth's ass, and then there's the"wankers" that like to hear or learn the truth. "Google" is an electronic encyclopedia. What's in it can be very educational. The only requirement is the smarts to read and understand what it says. Copy/paste is just a way to transfer information from one place in the net to another. It's very similar to posting dick or pussy pics witch, incidentally, are also on the net.
This "wanker" can't understand why the use of facts, Google or copy/paste twists men's balls into a knot. That's assuming there are balls there to begin with.
🤣👿
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 19:11 other posts 
Yes, just because the pollution is not being created near you to see that's fine 🤷‍♀️, I will use my kids Tesla as another example, it has no visible pollution coming from the car its self, but it is powered be electricity, so on charging it, as most of our power here, I'm sure in America as well, most of your electricity comes from burning focal fuel, so sure driving a Tesla around it produces 0 emissions, but in charging the thing it creates emissions elsewhere else to supply the energy it needs.

So just because you don't see the pollution that your existence creates that's all good & gives you a warm inner glow.

I know in Australia & I'm fairly sure in America as well our emissions are coming down, but Chinas emissions are rising.

So why is that I wonder 🤷‍♀️, that because industry in Australia & America is now for a big part done in China, but that's ok for the pollution to be there., at least we cant see or smell the pollution over in China.

In actual fact the Tesla cars we get in Australia are actually manufactured in China, the Tesla car in the US are built there.
By CAT [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 20:36 other posts 
I beg your pardon. If that is addressed to me then you are very wrong. Miami-Dade County’s electricity comes fro the Turkey Point Nuclear facility and has been in operation for over 50 yrs. We were talking about solar panels but, I do see pollution and overuse of the resources nearby. The Biscayne aquifer is being diminished by over pumping to supply the sugar cane industry. This is the same aquifer South Florida uses for its water. We have several mountains of trash. One is named as Mt Trashmore.
Your Tesla story is troubling, but, the problems are caused by the manufacturer and it’s way of producing this car. Does that mean no one else should try to create a GOOD electric car? I think not.
China has the market on manufacturing, but, it’s not their fault. It’s all the countries that allowed factories to be moved there FOR LABOR SAVINGS. In other words, greed. Several months ago, a Chinese spy balloon drifted over the USA. It was carried by air currents. I would think pollution would be too expensive. Here, in Florida, we have Saharan dust that blows on the winds across the Atlantic. Shouldn’t every person in this world of ours be concerned with pollution? Borders are lines on a map.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 21:05 other posts 
That's interesting so is there a lot of nuke power plants over there or does the US get most of its powere from burning shit like we do 🤷‍♂️
By phart [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 21:44 other posts 
a 50 year old nuclear plant,sounds like a Chernobyl waiting to happen.
With this new battery tech I just read about,the foundation of your house can be used to store energy.A super capacitor they call it.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 06,Aug,23 21:52 other posts 
Hmmm capacitors, that's old technology, that will be a interesting read thank you for sharing
--------------------------------------- added after 6 minutes

A very interesting read
By phart [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 11:30 other posts 
Well I wonder how long it will last, Of course concrete and such will last many moons but as a capacitor, the separation between conductors will eventually give up. will it be 20 years,20 days?
Expensive to tear down the house to replace the footings. But if it last for decades, may well be a plausible idea. and little to no extra cost.
By CAT [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 06:49 other posts 
There's a lot but, not as much as we would like.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 16:33 other posts 
That's interesting so there are 92 nuke plants over there, mostly on the eastern side of the country, in higher density approaching the coast, like Australia I would guess that would be the higher density of population. Generating almost 20% of your power requirements.

Natural gas in a big one almost 40% coal almost 20% renewables a bit over 20%.

America also has the biggest number of nukes than any other country in the world so its clear that it is a thing there so I sort of wondered why it was not adapted to be the main power source.

Seem it comes down to cost, in the 60's it was one of the cheapest ways to generate power, today its the most expensive. There are other things like public opinion on safety & mining uranium.

I looked up why we don't have any here & its Illegal, simple as that more or less, its typical of a lot of Australian thinking, very backward on many things.

We have the biggest uranium deposit in the word & plenty of space to store waste, a good part of the country is desert & inhabitable, with stable bedrock to bury the shit in.

Besides the now seems higher cost to set up for electricity supply it would be a no brainier for Australia to adopt nuke power.

--------------------------------------- added after 56 minutes

We do have a lot of coal & gas as well so that may well be a contributing factor
By CAT [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 17:31 other posts 
Safety and what to do with the waste, especially, the transportation to a nuclear dump in the western deserts that stops the new construction. Our railroads are not the safest.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 18:04 other posts 
Its interesting you mention the railways, is that because of lack of maintenance 🤷‍♀️

One of the things I noticed on out visit to LA & NYC in March was the lack of, or almost non existence of maintenance on the roadways, especially in LA.

We have some shitty roads over here as well, but our highways are in quite good shape for the most part, especially the Hwy between Sydney & Brisbane, maybe because a lot of our freight is transport by road would be my guess.
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 06:06 other posts 
I agree. LA and NYC have horrible roads. It might be that inner city road repairs are made by that municipality. Our high speed interstates and major roads are different.
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 07:07 other posts 
The oddest thing I observed in our visit was the lack of number of Afro Americans, in our media over here it seems on outside observation that a lot of the general community is black, I'm not being racist at all just stating observation.

We went to Universal Studios in LA & most of the population was Hispanic, a small portion of whites & even less black, we found that as a bit of a surprise but then have come to understanding that LA was originally part of Mexico so that sort of makes sense.

In NYC only seen very few black guys but they were obviously well to do types in suits & stuff, often walking the streets early evening where we were, with family's, we stayed only a few blocks up from ground zero. That was a humbling place to visit, seeing it on social media & stuff you really cant experience the enormity of that disaster until visiting the site & the lower catacombs that are now the museum of that disaster.

Getting into the Empire State building & being able to look over the river into the, is it the bonks, I'm not sure but the image of, I don't even know how to explain it really, but a site of total poverty & despair in concrete towers is a image I will never forget 😢
--------------------------------------- added after 7 minutes

Not to far from the right of the Brooklyn Bridge bridge
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 10:42 other posts 
Every city in the world has a neighborhood like that.
By phart [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 12:22 other posts 
Blacks only make up about 12 to 14% of our population.
And if you start dividing up that number as to elderly, children, women ,men, college educated and so on, the numbers get real small as to who is qualified to work certain jobs and so on.
Nuclear energy is not renewable energy. Uranium is a fossil fuel too.
It's fucking expensive and you're stuck with the waste for 100,000 years.
And they still keep melting down and making the world more radioactive.
It makes a nice target for terrorism too. KaBlam!, 'Now you get cancer, Haha!'

There are many better, cheaper and safer solutions.
By phart [Ignore] 12,Aug,23 18:12 other posts 
I am with you 100% on this. Nuclear is NOT the answer.
Fighting 1 version of the "end" with something that will create another version of the "end" is spinning your wheels.
By dgraff [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 08:18 other posts 
As many as who would like I all ready lived through one mishap due to faulty equipment in a nuclear plant screw that tear them all down
By dgraff [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 19:08 other posts 
We have one in Pennsylvania that nearly caused a catastrophic back in 1979 all over a faulty gage that stuck the plant has been since been shut down but it was bad enough that they evacuated a fifty mile radius because of the radiation cloud
--------------------------------------- added after 2 minutes

The name of the plant was three mile island and yes I’m a nuke survivor and my skin glows green at night
By TheWife+Hubby [Ignore] 07,Aug,23 20:01 other posts 
Don't worry about getting solar, just plug yourself into you power board
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 06:07 other posts 
Except for that yellow streak down your spine.🤣😈
By dgraff [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 08:21 other posts 
You should talk little miss liberal afraid of a little flu bug go find your mask and get ready for the next virus 🦠
By CAT [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 11:01 other posts 
Hey, my Sex drive DID NOT diminish during Covid. I just put my mask on my current guy’s cock.
By dgraff [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 11:43 other posts 
Nice 👍
By phart [Ignore] 08,Aug,23 12:27 other posts 
And I am sure this will annoy cat but yes I know a man that made his fortune as a certified welder after that 3 mile island accident. He was on a crew that went around and welded up the auxiliary cooling lines . Just to give you a idea of what it cost,
He brought home 1200 a week in 1979!
This damn site deleted 2 paragraphs,
By CAT [Ignore] 12,Aug,23 16:19 other posts 
And your point?
By phart [Ignore] 12,Aug,23 18:14 other posts 
As I said,damn site deleted 2 paragraphs, i was about to leave town and couldn't finish.
Nuclear is very expsensive. It took up to 1 month for a crew of 12 to weld 1 joint in a 4 inch pipe.and if it failed inspection it had to be cut apart and rewelded the next month.welders could only stay in the area to weld about 10 minutes at the time. took forever to use 3 welding rods
By CAT [Ignore] 12,Aug,23 21:18 other posts 
I meant, "So what?"
By phart [Ignore] 12,Aug,23 21:48 other posts 
In a nut shell,due to cost of construction,maintiance and such,nuclear is not a affordable,safe,clean option for energy.It is just swapping 1 thing for another.Some say oil is dangerous for the air. So is nuclear with humans building the plants and controlling them. Time to get AI in there to make sure shit goes right.
By CAT [Ignore] 13,Aug,23 10:42 other posts 
I'm no expert so I'll let someone else respond
I agree with you on nuclear energy, it is the most expensive energy technology at the moment and it will get more expensive.
There is not even even enough viable uranium in the world to make a significant dent in global energy consumption.
"At the current rate of uranium consumption with conventional reactors, the world supply of viable uranium, which is the most common nuclear fuel, will last for 80 years. Scaling consumption up to 15 TW, the viable uranium supply will last for less than 5 years." (A calculation from 12 years ago)

However, oil and natural gas are also getting more and more expensive,
while wind and solar power keep getting cheaper and better.

Time to get AI in there? That's just handing it over to hackers.
By phart [Ignore] 13,Aug,23 14:06 other posts 
"Time to get AI in there? That's just handing it over to hackers."
No keeping things secure will require humans to continue to innovate to prevent that from happening.
Although I really feel like AI will bring alot of positive changes, it would be nice if there was a equal effort to expand Real intelligence.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 27,Sep,23 06:42 other posts 
YOU are promoting INNOVATION? Really?
Just for this topic, right?

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#26

Show It Off