Using Just Your Hands!

Find local men
to exchange blowjobs

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #4

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4  

Started by licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50  other posts
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: 1  

Comments:
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 14:47 other posts 
Are you still talking about believing global warming is real? Can't you just fucking notice it happening? I used to live in a mild climate. The summers had some hot days, some pleasantly warm day and lots of rain. The winters were fucking cold, with ice and snow. We used to be able to skate almost every winter.
Now the summers have many fucking hot days, sometimes even in may. Almost every year all the grass dies and trees let their leaves fall. We don't have any autumns any more, with nice red leaves. The leaves just shrivel up, die and fall off. We haven't seen a real winter in years. No ice, maybe some wet snow or snow that is melted in a day. Children can only learn to skate in an ice hall.
That's all not normal. That's global warming being obvious.
By mobiusdick [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 14:52 other posts 
Where I live, there's usually just one long summer, starting in May and ending around October or November.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 06:36 other posts 
And has that always been like that?
By mobiusdick [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 09:45 other posts 
No.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 10:01 other posts 
Do you think that is just due to natural climate fluctuations?
By phart [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 12:00 other posts 
Yes.I do.
Something happened i cliced on something wrong,if there is a - point or something comes up,it was a accident
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 13:23 other posts 
It's not clear what you are saying. What is your reason for thinking it is just due to natural causes?

Do you know that only 2.4 million square miles remain of the original 6 million square miles of tropical rainforest that formerly covered the Earth? So humanity has destroyed 60% of it.

Did you know humanity has used about 150 billions barrels of oil so far and there is about 1.5 trillion barrels left. They say we would burn through that in about 50 years at the current consumption.

And you think humanity can do all of that without impacting nature?

only registered users can see external links

By Gntlmn [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 11:24 other posts 
'Looks like more shit from nazis who would've voted for Putin's-bitch.

By Louis [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 21:06 other posts 
I'm not sure what to believe. I would say humans have caused it to a certain point, but on the other hand, Earth's climate has always fluctuated one way or the other. Its been much warmer in the past, as in the time of dinosaurs. Likewise it's also been much colder such as the last ice age. There's conflicting information from both sides of the issue. As I do with most things of this nature, I keep an open mind and try to learn all I can about it.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 21:15 other posts 
yeah, most the theories are educated guesses at best. we have been told of el nino and la nina weather patterns here are the causes of drought or floods. Im not sure how weather patterns work, all I know is most summers here are hot and we have always been trying to balance drought and floods with our farming.. ancient history has people moving from prosperous places when the rivers change or land is worn out .. and nature has its own way of regenerating these places after *lix*
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 04:30 other posts 
@louis @licksipsuckit The many scientific organizations that have identified the effect of human beings on the current global warming are all aware of the history of planet temperature fluctuations and have tried to separate the data. What began as very educated guesses have become much stronger theories as time goes by. There honestly is not much conflicting information of opinions at the level of experts.
By oldbugle [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 04:42 other posts 
That may be true, but many such organizations cannot be trusted due to their corruption by by outside forces and money ......sorting out the ones that CAN be trusted is the difficult part!
By Strongmember# [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 04:50 other posts 
I understand, so I have examined the many organizations putting out climate change data, such as the UN's special IPCC, US government's NASA, many Universities.. Seeking special motives from these organizations and tracking how corrupting forces would stand to benefit is less compelling than opposition research from scientists or lobbying groups funded by the coal or oil industry. The monetary benefit for the latter is much more obvious I would say, and the amount of money is huge.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 06:54 other posts 
Corruption is the biggest threat to the people. It ensures that politicians and representatives of organizations are not working for the common interest, but for their own self interest. Whether your convictions are to the right or to the left, it is always sensible to vote for representatives who speak out and act against funding of your representatives by any interest groups. Our representatives should be impartial and completely transparent, so the people can vote their conscience.
Then democracy will favor the many and not the few.
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 08:29 other posts 
First, our representatives are in office because they believe in certain policies. They don't have to be impartial, only transparent. If I may make an observation, you sound as though you don't trust the establishment. You sound like a pessimist. The other end of the spectrum would make you an optimist. Both are positions that will give you disappointment. Some politicians are crooked just like some people are thieves, ped@philes, sex perverts or bad president. But, and a big but, most people, in and out of government, are good, honest, people. Sometimes, it takes time for them to act to correct a wrong, but, give them a chance. Notice I did not specify Democrats or Republicans, left or right.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 09:13 other posts 
With impartial I meant that they decide on policies without favoring people who give them money (either personally, through various loopholes or to their political campaigns) over the rest of the people/voters.
Transparency is not enough. It is already transparent how much money flows to politicians. That doesn't limit them to favor their financiers with beneficial policies.
You are indeed very optimistic when you think political funding is not favoring the benefactors and thereby neglecting the rest of the public.
I'm not telling you all politicians are corrupt, I'm saying that we can help them to act according their conscience, when you make their funding independent from moneyed interests.

Even if politicians could be trusted to make their choices completely independent of their funding, than politics is still dependent of that funding. Moneyed interests can still choose which representatives they help get their message heard. That way they have much more power over politics than normal voters.
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 07:53 other posts 
Strongmember# that's true. The scientific community has been fighting the unbelievers for decades. During the 1950's most families had one car. Today, most members of a family, have a car. No, car emissions, while considerably large in quantity, is only responsible for a part. The major damamage is done by coal burning and forest fires. I just can't believe the unbelievers. To them it's a hoax made up by the establishment. Now, I ask you. Why? It used to be hard to SEE global warming. Now, we have the melting ice caps, ocean levels rising, el niño and la niña patterns changing, stronger tropical storms, etc.
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 08:38 other posts 
El Niño and La Niña are products of the huge open Pacific Ocean, and as bad ass as that body of water can be, the sun is stronger. The heating of the water along with the winds being heated cause the changing of weather in Polinisia. Australia and New Zealand get the worst effect but every year we get a NOAA report. They tell us if El Niño or La Niña are prevelent that year. It causes weather patterns that affect the SW states and also winter storms.

By Zorilla [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 17:08 other posts 
fiction
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 06:33 other posts 
bullshit (If you don't have any arguments, than this is a valid response)
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 08:44 other posts 
Zorilla
Why, why, why? The physical facts support it. No humans involved in the changes. Do you believe humanity has no hand in this? Or do you deny global warming?

By curvy8 [Ignore] 18,Dec,20 05:06 other posts 
Although I believe the science, regardless it is a fantastic opportunity to grow the economy. I am going long in sustainable energy because that is the next gold rush.

By phart [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 18:24 other posts 
some googling will help alot.

We are not getting closer to the sun, but scientists have shown that the distance between the sun and the Earth is changing. ... The rate at which the sun is slowing is also tiny (around 3 milliseconds every 100 years). As the sun loses its momentum and mass, the Earth can slowly slip away from the sun's pull.

The magnetic poles and the NORTH pole are moving
only registered users can see external links

With all these changes, taking place even before civilization began, how is it that humans,being so cocky,think they can actually change the earth?
Things change rather we were here or not.
Eventually this entire blue ball is going to go up in FLAMES. Perhaps that is the Bibical Hell?
The earth will burn for a very long time,seeming like a eternity.
By Emerald [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 20:10 other posts 
If you are wondering whether humans can change the Earth, go look at aerial photos on Google Maps. Cleared fields, roads, buildings everywhere. What percentage of the Earth have we *not* changed?

The reason we have had to accept that human activity is influencing the earth's climate is because we are measuring changes that are too sudden and radical to be explained by the factors you mentioned. Those factors are still there. The Earth does change, but over the span of millennia, not in a generation or two.

We can measure, over time, how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere. We can measure how much a coal power plant emits. We can calculate with relative ease and great certainty that we have, indeed, made a difference. The uncertainty lies rather in how sensitive the Earth is to our influence.

As it turns out, even though humanity's emissions are only a few percent of the total, that is still enough to upset the equilibrium to a degree that is dangerous to us in the long term.

By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 08:17 other posts 
I do believe in global warming. The going theory is that a hole has opened up in the ozone layer and getting bigger. Most people say, "so what?". Well, I was born in Miami,Florida, USA. Our sister city across the Bay, Miami Beach, gets flooded every day. Why? The polar ice caps are melting and so the ocean levels are rising. Coastal cities get flooding during high tides. This did not happen in the 1960's. Miami Beach is my part of the country, but there are similar stories worldwide. There are other indicators, of course.
Now, who's to blame? Most scientists believe humanity is accelerating the process. Maybe, maybe not, but, as managers of this world, we should try to make it better.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 14:28 other posts 
the ozone had a hole in it in the 80s, I thought we 'fixed' that by banning fluorocarbons in aerosols and refrigerators .. now its the destruction of rainforests and burning of fossil fuels. the bad thing is, it took a hundred years to get here , and Im afraid it will never get better with capitalism and governments wanting more people to make more taxes to drive this wheel into the ground.. nothing ever happens till its just about too late... *lix*
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 14:32 other posts 
I agree. Fluorocarbon emissions did go down but it didn’t fix it. There’s also the huge Amazon fires. They are man made with Brazilian government approval. We can’t win. Only delay it.
By phart [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 10:28 other posts 
exactly where is the hole.
If you look where the rockets are launched into space,burning EVERYTHING in it's path all the way up, UM,could it be?
By TWOWARMTTS3 [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 16:45 other posts 
On the stratosphere just up from Patagonia

By rog65 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 19:06 other posts 
When I was a kid they told us that fossil fuels were about to run out. Over 45 years later there isn't a fuel shortage yet. If things are warming it's more nature than us.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 20:32 other posts 
yeah, I watch old movies, and the references to fuels running out was evident back in the 50s and 60s, but no actions has ever been taken *lix*
By rog65 [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 00:40 other posts 
This was the early to mid 70's. Limited gasoline sales, only so many gallons and odd and even days using the last number on the license plate to determine if it was the correct day. Scientists predicted we would run out of fossil fuels in just a few more years, it hasn't happened yet. But there has to be a limited supply. As far as global warming, we are coming out of an ice age. There is no way of knowing how it will end but I think it's more nature than a man made problem.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 01:34 other posts 
yes nature is strong and unrelenting, its untameable and unpredictable ... fuel shortages are usually about economics ... the middle east can hold the world to ransom if it chooses ... and some how I don't think they'd even tell us if the wells were starting to run dry.. *lix*
By Twowarmtts3! [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 08:58 other posts 
What you describe is the man made shortage when Saudi Arabia stopped producing oil. That was not a natural shortage. All predictions were for the middle of the 21st century and before fracking. The end is coming but not in my lifetime
By rog65 [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 09:59 other posts 
Just going on what the news told us when I was a kid. We were also supposed to switch to the metric system but that never seemed to happen either.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 14:20 other posts 
we switched here in the 60s to metric, when I went to school, they were still giving us rulers with inches in kinder to get rid of the surplus of them.. and in first class we got our metric rulers.. our parents taught us imperial, as they used imperial still in their working life and dad being a sawmiller, used imperial measures on timber till the day he died *Lix*
By phart [Ignore] 17,Dec,20 10:29 other posts 
I forgot how many Millions of dollars it was estimated to cost the state to change everything to metric,they just decided fuck it,cost to damn much for to little gain.

By Samcro619 [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 22:07 other posts 
We are truly fucking up the place where we live and it's got to stop otherwise we will not have a place to live.

By #601068 16,Dec,20 04:37
Well i believe the Planet is a living thing and as all living things they must Die. stars die and i think the planet is just a cell in a body. just like a cell in our own body. And if we are a cell then we must die to create new cells. Yes I have had a joint or two
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 16,Dec,20 14:23 other posts 
lol, I love the ideas you can have while stoned and forget them when youre straight.. but I can see your reasoning about us being a cell in a larger body... just so long as we don't kill it in our lifetimes *lix*

By phart [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 20:50 other posts 
For the most part,weaponized theory.
When I was growing up in school,we had Global Cooling shoved down our throats.We would be freezing to death by now according to what I was taught.
The earth has been changing since it was formed.And eventually it will be lost to the suns self destuction.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 21:04 other posts 
yeah, as did the dinos, we'll die out at some stage, the earth will change and support a different kind of life.. at this point in time, we're living in our little sweet spot, with a very low tolerance for temps ... we have icefields to tropics, and we can barely live on the poles... however those early men made it through the ice age is beyond me.. they must have been a tough lot... and lucky for us they prevailed *lix*

By Rocksalt [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 19:14 other posts 
Fiction... Volcanoes, natural oil and methane seepage from the ocean floor and earth's natural hot and cold cycles do more to the environment than human activity ever thought of... IMHO.
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 20:33 other posts 
yeah, some one said to me the other day, that the oceans are rising because we dump every thing in them, and just a case of simple water displacement *Lix*
By Rocksalt [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 20:43 other posts 
That's rediculous!
By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 21:00 other posts 
there is a marking on rocks somewhere in botany bay that a first fleeter carved, showing high and low tide levels 200 years ago... and they estimated that its risen at least a foot since then... which is a lot of water, I couldn't have at a guess how much that would be.. *Lix*

By licksipsuckit [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:58 other posts 
I see more people sitting at home, cranking up the air conditioners. no one seems to be able to stand 1 degree of discomfort anymore, this is what I see... all these protesters gluing them selves to the street don't really get the message across, only that theyre a bunch of disruptive uni students trying to get their faces on the tele... the world on a whole is so wasteful when using its finite resources and not a great deal is invested in making things from recycled materials to stop waste..
every generation blames the one before and no one wants to pick up the tab of cleaning it up and stopping it from happening.. crikey, grown educated humans still cant sort waste from recyclables in bins ... yet they can claim fame to being the most intelligent generation of all time??? how is this so??? *Lix*

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4  

Show It Off