Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #3

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#26

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By dgraff [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 19:07 other posts 
Hog wash
By phart [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 20:44 other posts 
And what are we using to get squeaky clean hogs?
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 05:26 other posts 
only registered users can see external links
All natural and sustainable. (as long as we still consume animal proteins)
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 11:53 other posts 
Your all time favorite SYC personality, licksipsuckit, would be happy to see that you're keeping her thread alive!
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 12:45 other posts 
I just did it to bump some of the forum threads back up to the top forum threads that actually mean something
By bella! [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 12:53 other posts 
It's all good, it shows you're thinking about her!
By dgraff [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 16:40 other posts 
If you remember correctly this was the midget’s forum thread
What would lix know about global warming she lived in a dust bowl i do think about her from time to time i wonder if she is dead

By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:39 other posts 
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 29,Dec,23 13:09 other posts 
And why do I need to care about this?

But think of this; if a company who does care about selling EVs can just buy up a company that does not want to sell EVs, maybe the company that sells EVs is smarter. Isn't that your idea of capitalism; that the smartest companies outlive the dumber ones?

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 28,Dec,23 04:00 other posts 
Right-wingers probably think the GOP idiot is owning Pete Buttigieg here:

By phart [Ignore] 27,Dec,23 11:35 other posts 
You can't make this stuff up.
Steven Spielberg would have trouble coming up with stuff this good.
Cold as hell in that state and they are going to try to run buses off of Battery's??
Liberals say push for public transit, well bus's are public transit,then liberals push for electric bus's. people that ride the bus need to get places,or they wouldn't be on the bus,yet the wheels on the bus don't go round and round and leave them looking for a way to get where they are going.
I guess the city needs to buy everyone shoes?

It is Way past time for folks to realize electric was the thing BEFORE gas cars and diesel buses and it proved to be impractical then, and it is proving to be impractical again.
Refuse to learn history, repeat it.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 19,Dec,23 05:47 other posts 
Nate Hagens: Energy blindness (most is in American English)

By phart [Ignore] 09,Dec,23 08:39 other posts 
Gee, let's build a nuclear plant over a ground fault. What could possibly go wrong?

Gee,what killed those fish?

By phart [Ignore] 08,Dec,23 15:47 other posts 

By phart [Ignore] 31,Oct,23 10:27 other posts 
Sometimes when I post something, people wonder why I feel the way I do, and when I explain it is from personal experience, they don't seem to believe me. But here is a very classic case of why I feel this so called concern for the environment just a charade.
In 2006 a problem that was the power company's fault put 220 volts into our microwave and my computer. we got a whopping 125 dollars from the company as a "curtesy" because our stuff was deemed "obsolete" although it worked fine for us.
So 600 dollars later a new microwave was in the kitchen .It worked fine until 2 weeks ago, when the door latch failed ,with my shrimp inside. It took me a few minutes to find the special screw driver bit needed to get the machine open so I could trip the latch and get my food out .cold by then and had to cook it on the stove. BUT back to the complaint. Anyway ,the broken part is of course made of plastic . 21 dollars and about 10 minutes, it is fixed.
The sad truth is most people would have said, "Oh my, my microwave is broken, I must buy a new 1" and they would chunk the old 1 in the dump .now here's my complaint. Why make junk that has to be thrown away ,then complain about the environment? Make things durable and long lasting ,so the landfills and recycle centers aren't overflowing.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 31,Oct,23 16:30 other posts 
If it was from personal experience, you would understand how your capitalist system fucks the average person, like how they fucked you. They only reason why you do not think that, is because you flood your own brain with capitalist propaganda 24/7.

Don't you understand why microwaves are build to break, like everything?
CAPITALISM!!!! They want to sell you a new one, as soon as possible.
They don't give a fuck about waste or pollution, they care about MONEY!
It's staring you right in the face and you don't see it. Tragic!

Yes, you are correct, every concern about the environment coming from capitalists is just a charade. But you keep listening to these people, thinking they are telling you the truth. It's not the only thing they lie about. They don't care about what's true, they just care about making money. You know they are lying, so why do you keep believing them?
By sherryann [Ignore] 31,Oct,23 18:18 other posts 
this is a smart point from anan...everything is made to break and does. I call it disposable stuff. But I remember a time when things were made to last. I still have a few things from long ago.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 01,Nov,23 09:45 other posts 
Thank you

Ever heard of 'Right to repair' legislation?
That is regulation that promotes repairability practices throughout industries, including consumer technology. It doesn't allow companies to make it impossible to swap out a battery of a phone without destroying it, or selling replacement parts at a higher price than the product itself is worth. It prohibits producing, e.g. a vacuum cleaner that is completely glued together, so it's impossible to exchange the motor, when it breaks.

'Right to repair' will massively reduce the practice of 'made to break'.

But, I don't hear of many Republicans who support the 'Right to repair'.
That's exactly the 'regulation' that they would cut, because it 'hurts' companies.
Most regulation exists to protect consumers or the safety of workers
or prevent polluting the environment or protect trains from derailing, etc.
Republicans don't care about that, they only care about companies making more profit.

Almost everyone draws some line between profits and people.
It's up to people to decide where to draw that line, with their vote.
By #681164 01,Nov,23 10:07
As a technician all of my life, I approve a “right to repair” law. I know it sounds self-serving, but, I too, get frustrated when I can’t repair a piece of equipment due to sealed units or excessive cost of repair parts. Corporate greed is controlled by the owners and stock holders. They are, usually, Republican, but, you should hear them squeal like a stuck pig when you tell them that a repair would cost them more than a new one or that the “sealed unit” is non-repairable.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 01,Nov,23 10:25 other posts 
Most of Republican voters are angry about how society treats people.
Why do you think 'Rich Men North of Richmond' was so popular?

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day
Overtime hours for bullshit pay
So I can sit out here and waste my life away
Drag back home and drown my troubles away

They just have a very confused idea of where the screwing comes from.
They know that they are getting screwed, but not how or why.
(which is fully confirmed in the rest of the song)

It's because they always side with the screwers and not the screwees,
unless it's them who are getting screwed, then they 'squeal like a stuck pig'.
If they only understood that we need to get together, to not get screwed.
By #681164 01,Nov,23 10:43
Hence, unions, strikes, mass walkouts, and boycotts.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 05:49 other posts 
Yep, and lots of those people voted for Trump.
But they don't like him much anymore, because he doesn't give a shit and
he scammed them with his stupid gathering at a non-union auto parts plant,
50 miles away from where workers are striking.

By #681164 02,Nov,23 09:53
People are gullible. There’s a huge number of people that think Trump will solve all their problems. Not so by a mile.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 04:30 other posts 
You must understand that Trump learned from the best of them;
he got personally trained by Kim Jong-un. They love each other.
By sherryann [Ignore] 01,Nov,23 18:12 other posts 
Oh no I never heard of that I think it is only in your neck of the woods? Thanks for teaching me that. I hate buying stuff that breaks on me right away. But I know you're precisely right, they make it so it breaks then you have to buy another one. I am trying to become what I think they call a minimalist-I know you know more of what that is than I- because of this reason of stuff breaking so quick. Plus I save everything and want to break that habit.
--------------------------------------- added after 96 seconds

I don't know how to direct my post but it is for Ananas...
By phart [Ignore] 01,Nov,23 22:20 other posts 
I repair most any and everything i can instead of buying new. OR build my own with new materials and salvaged parts.
Alot of the tools-machines i have both hand tools ,power tools and such, were broken or worn out, free or bought cheap and refurbished. A couple of my older friends back when I was in my early 20's taught me the idea that getting and rebuilding old equipment would help me better understand it's operation and Maintenace.
California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed SB 244, or the Right to Repair Act, into law, making it easier for owners to repair devices themselves or to take them to independent repair shops.

We've had something similar since 2021:

Something to be proud of:
"The Right to Repair movement started in the US, specifically in the automotive industry. As a result, the Repair Association (TRA) was founded in 2013 to extend the same principles to encompass an extensive range of electronic products."
By #681164 31,Oct,23 20:30
I worked at Sears for 20 yrs as an outside tech. Owners of appliances always think that their unit is worth almost like a new one. It's not true. You are a bit more handy with a screwdriver and are able to fix some equipment. Most people don't and when they have the choice of paying $86 min for labor and, in your case, $21 for parts plus tax for a unit that may be 10 yrs old. It's a no brainer. A countertop MW, a good one, goes for about $135 @ Wallymart. Sears had hundreds of thousands of customers with service contracts. No deductible. Repairs were free or a replacement if it couldn't be fixed. By federal law, a manufacturer has to provide replacement parts for ten years. When I retired they were talking about making it 5 yrs.
So, the electric company was generous. In my neck of the woods, the electric company, FPL, would allow you to buy a comparable new unit and re-emburse you.
A company would not stay profitable if they couldn't have a steady stream of repeat business. A fridge will easily last 15 yrs. I've seen many stoves, both gas and electric that were 30 yr old and more. I have a MW in the cabin that's 22 yrs old. That last one I'm cheating because I had to fix it twice.
You are mixing the company's desire to make a profit with the need for mankind to conserve resources. They don't mix.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 06:08 other posts 
Sure, I fixed some stuff too. Once our microwave of only a few years stopped working, so I unscrewed everything and found a 10A fuse blown out. That could have been another problem, which would have been more expensive, but I replaced the fuse and it worked for several more years. That was a cheap and lucky fix. I could have replaced the whole circuit board, if there was a problem with it, but it cost at least $150, for a $400 microwave. I saw no burned out parts on that circuit board, so I took a chance.
It worked out.

Another time our washing machine broke. It was 7 years old machine with a new value of $700. The replacement part was $230. That wasn't worth it, because other parts could have been defective or about to break, so I bought a $800 new washing machine.

Those replacement parts are not worth that much money, manufacturers are just compensation for their loss in profit, for you not buying a new product.

To me, the need for mankind to conserve resources is more important than the company's desire to make a profit. The only way to prioritize the need for mankind
to conserve resources is: REGULATION. It's not a dirty word.
By phart [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 12:38 other posts 
i would have considered the repairability of the old washer before buying a new 1. If the new 1 was less fixable ,the old 1 would be worth repairing.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 13:44 other posts 
I agree, but that is very difficult to know upfront. There are no reviews yet that judge repairability. It would be very useful though. It would be a good project for the Dutch Consumers Association to score manufacturers on repairability.
Both the old one and the new one are made by Siemens, so I hope the repairability didn't get any worse.
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 07:15 other posts 
Siemans don’t it leave cum stains on your clothing
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 08:33 other posts 
No, trust me, it gets out the cum stains pretty well.
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 08:51 other posts 
at least we share a sense of humor
By #681164 03,Nov,23 10:01
It's not the cum stains that worry me. It's the skid marks I want out. There are disadvantages sleeping in the buff.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 10:25 other posts 
I don't think like a man. I look at a ten yr old appliance that breaks as a good excuse to get something new, less beat up. Woody can repair anything but I'must the one that makes the ultimate choice on appliances. Woody is the one that researches reliability vs cost efficiency
By phart [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 10:32 other posts 
10 years old, what could possibly be better about something new from 10 years ago? Kitchen stuff plateaued years ago as far as tech goes.My microwave looks as good as it did when new. I keep it clean inside and out ,also clean the back where it pulls in it's air for cooling.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 04,Nov,23 12:43 other posts 
It’s a woman thing. Woody says the same as you.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Nov,23 14:33 other posts 
My newest fancy zero turn mower, about burnt up yesterday. 6 grand, but I found the issue and stopped it and it is just some componets to replace.What did I just mulch my leaves with? a 40 year old lawnmower , baling wire and some gas and off to the grass.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 04,Nov,23 17:54 other posts 
If it works, use it. If it doesn’t work, fix it. If you can’t fix it, buy new.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Nov,23 21:07 other posts 
Or buy refurbished, that is how I get computers now. I used to buy a new computer, alot of money ,outdated before I opened the box, now, I go to a local shop and get refurbished for about 150 bucks or LESS depending on which I want, and they serve me well .
I actually bought several pieces of wood working equipment for penny's on the dollar of their actual value at the scrap yard and rebuilt them with new bearings,belts ,motors and such. Have a set of equipment that would have been cost prohibitive at 6000 dollars or so had I wanted new. less than 1500 bucks! And the equipment is almost all American made.
By SAGGY_GRANNY [Ignore] 05,Nov,23 10:02 other posts 
If it works for you, go for it.
Our 14 years old IKEA fridge, bought for less than $300 was still looking neat inside, but it just didn't manage to keep a temperature below 46°F. That cannot be fixed anymore, so it was time for a new one. The new one is also more economical with electricity. An old fridge is probably using more power than when it was new, because it has to work harder to retain its temperature.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Nov,23 11:13 other posts 
A fridge gave up at 14 years old?? wow, our 53 GE is still going strong in the basement, when we run it on the generator during power outages,it puts the least load on it of any other appliance in the house. The newer fridge, a 89 model,is on it' second set of defroster heater tubes,but still going strong,cost 80 bucks to have it repaired. Considering a similar fridge is VERY expensive, the power this 1 may use over a newer 1 is negligable.it to,draws little from the generator.
our power bill was 160 last month,that is with electric heat, 3 fridges and a freezer and my shop stuff plus other items running.

By phart [Ignore] 31,Oct,23 09:08 other posts 
Stop wasting food.

That is something that my parents taught me as soon as possible, DON'T waste food.
I watch people order a big plate of food, eat a 1/3 of it and the rest is thrown away. Just because you can AFFORD to waste, doesn't mean you should just to for all practical purposes brag about your financial status.
and that is what alot of it amounts to.
By #681164 31,Oct,23 10:08
At my age, I can’t finish a full size entry when we go out to eat. CAT and I share with, perhaps, an extra side.
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 08:55 other posts 
I think I eat more as I got older I can still polish off 2 large cheese stakes at my favorite pizza place or I can eat a half of a large pizza my self and still maintain my slim figure
By #681164 03,Nov,23 09:58
I'm 6' and weigh 182 lbs +/-.My biggest meal is half a Ribeye with a baked potato and two bottles of beer. Nothing else.
I used to be the dumpster myself, never wasting a scrap.
However, with age and a sitting job, that is not smart anymore.

We almost always have leftovers, that we give to a 80+ year old lady that we know.
She has rheumatism, so she has a hard time cooking for herself. Our leftovers makes what she eats much more interesting, than microwave meals. She did have some problems with the more spicy meals we eat, but I think she's getting used to it now.

We also have a food sharing habit with our neighbors.
We get interesting food from all over the world and my girlfriend shares her baking.
That saves me the trouble of eating all of it.

We do take care to not let expiration dates pass.
The best way to avoid it is not buying more than you can eat on time.
It is practical that we live within crawling distance of a supermarket though.
And about 10 others within at max a 10 minute bike-ride away.
By phart [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 12:40 other posts 
I get so frustrated when friends want to gather at a buffet restaurant and I can't eat as much as i used to,I don't feel i get my moneys worth. I used eat 4 plates or so and desert,now I am lucky for a plate of salad and then a plate of regular food.Not my moneys worth for a buffet,but i can't eat as much saddly.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 02,Nov,23 15:03 other posts 
I can imagine. It wouldn't be much fun for the rest too, if you are full after 5 minutes.
I would say; get tiny bits from everything and eat very slowly, trying to enjoy the maximum of it. If you scoop a tiny sample from everything, you might have an appetite to go for seconds of the best sample.

My mother also eats just a tiny bit. The average guinea pig eats more.
She still always finishes last, because she eats very very slowly.
I kid you not, I can empty my plate in the time she finishes one spoonful.
She's mostly talking and tasting. Maybe it's a useful strategy for you.
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Nov,23 09:00 other posts 
At a buffet I get two spoons it’s a lot like using a shovel

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#26

Show It Off