Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Tired of ads
on this site?

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #121

Pages:  #1... #116   #117   #118   #119   #120   #121   #122   #123   #124   #125   ...#769

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Apr,23 11:10 other posts 
Mattel's Barbie debuts first doll with Downs Syndrome. Oi!

only registered users can see external links

By bella! [Ignore] 26,Apr,23 05:16 other posts 
Ew! Look at this baby's congenital mole.

By bella! [Ignore] 26,Apr,23 04:51 other posts 
Here is something fun to do, are you able to identify things from years gone by? I'm certainly not bragging, I identified 72 of the 75 images correctly.

By bella! [Ignore] 17,Apr,23 09:44 other posts 
This weekend a friend requested cup of tea. Of course, no problem! My initial reaction is to microwave a cup of water and drop a teabag in however much to my surprise, she asks me to boil the water. Okay...... She seems to think that microwaved water tastes different than boiled water. We live in the same community and have the same water source so there's no difference there. I recognize that I don't have trained palate but I wonder if anyone else tastes the difference between microwaved water versus boiled water?
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 17,Apr,23 10:47 other posts 
Bella !!!!!!! Teabags and microwaved water - what is the world coming too? Loose tea in the pot please and milk first.

Ok I get it that Americans don't have the same tea culture as the UK but .........
By #610414 17,Apr,23 11:32
THERE’S A HUGE DIFFERENCE. I don’t know why, but, there is.
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

Same with coffee
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Apr,23 20:01 other posts 
Hey, JustANormalGuy , you are definitely spot on about Brits versus Americans and "tea culture". My paternal grandmother was a tea drinker and would always have a splash of milk in her cup of tea. She would always refer to it as "English tea".

Please explain the logic behind milk first.
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 21,Apr,23 05:36 other posts 
It's a huge debate over here! The claim is that milk first gives an emulsion whereas tea first does not. If you want to give a good first impression then make that tea in a pot (3 minutes brew time) and then a splash of milk in the cup before pouring.

And then there's the other lengthy discussion as to whether the water should be boiled or added to the tea just before it boils. And, obviously, for green tea the water should be 80 degrees and not 100 degrees (and no milk).

It's a Brit thing - we need something else to talk about as well as the weather!!
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Apr,23 06:24 other posts 
Golly, that's so much to think about! So you do not use cream, just milk. Should I assume it is whole milk rather than 2%, 1% or skim milk, the UK offers different percentages of milk fat, yes?

So if you were serving yourself or your guest a cup of tea, would you kindly explain what you would do? Thank you.
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 10:39 other posts 
a) China cups (NOT mugs)
b) Pre-heat teapot with boiling water, then drain
c) 2 teaspoons good quality loose tea (you get the best quality buying direct from China).
d) 3 minutes brew time
e) If having milk put a splash in the cup first. Most teas are best without milk (and sugar is never required: quality tea is never bitter)
f) Pour

g) Enjoy the tea and discuss the weather

There is a huge difference bewteen top quality tea and the twigs/rat droppings sold in supermarkets. Have a look on the internet for Dragon Tea House to get some idea of the range and prices and tasting notes!. Good tea can be well over $10 for 4 ounces but really should be tried.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 22:40 other posts 
Thank you, JANG!

You lost me at step "b". Did I understand you to say that you pre-heat the teapot with boiling water and EMPTY it of the water content then c) add the loose tea to the emptied teapot ****may I assume that you return the boiled water back to the teapot and without returning the teapot to the heat source**** d) allow the tea the 3 minute brew time.

Did I understand the process properly? You prefer to add the tea leaves loose rather than to use a tea ball?
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 06:06 other posts 
Yes, you add boiling water (ie not the same water) to the loose tea after c). Step b) is just to warm the teapot.

Quality tea comes in loose form so that's the way to go. Obviously you need a strainer for pouring.

I hope you've looked at the Dragon Tea House site just to see how many teas there are and their various qualities. I'd guess it is an eye opener for many in the US (and UK tbh)
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 07:14 other posts 
Thank you for the clarification!

I believe that I have viewed the Dragon Tea House's official website. This is it, yes? only registered users can see external links When I Google'd the name, my search found restaurants! What teas do you recommend?
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 11:29 other posts 
That's the right site.

Recommendations are hard to make but here are some I regularly buy.

Green tea (definitely no milk) - someting sweet and light for the Summer - Bi Luo Chun. A personal favourite is Taiping Hou Kui (slightly more expensive).

Black - A simple Keemun tea : closest to the breakfast tea you'll get in the US but much better quality. Or for a heavier malty taste, Jin Jun Mai. Recomended to try with no milk first.

The DTH Earl Grey is also reasonably priced and is excellent quality and very pleasant in the Summer (no milk needed).

But .... as you can see, there is a choice of 100's!

NB One difference with these high quality teas is that you can infuse them several times and the second/third cup will taste as strong and good as the first. To some extent this offsets the fact that they cost more than supermarket tea.
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 04:58 other posts 
Thank you, JANG, for your wonderful tips and recommendations! I really had no idea that a good cup of tea went beyond buying a good brand. I've been buying teas from Harney & Sons only registered users can see external links and the tea is in these finely woven sachets. Of course I buy the grocery type Lipton's Tea for my year 'round, go to staple drink ice tea!

Question for you, if I dined in the UK and ordered tea, would my tea be prepared and served in the manner you recommend?
By JustANormalGuy [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 08:12 other posts 
If you are dining in the UK, asking for a cup of tea would be quite unusual. Coffee after dining is common - but tea very rarely. It would be more of a morning/afternoon thing in a coffee shop or tea room (possibly with scones or cake).

Sadly, there are very few places offering quality tea and in most places it would just be a tea bag.

Harney's looks like a reasonable quality outlet.
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 12:15 other posts 
Oh, my heaven! There is a "proper time" to have a spot of tea? So many guidelines to consider!
By #610414 25,Apr,23 13:41
Would the coffee be American style coffee (very weak) or expreso?
By phart [Ignore] 21,Apr,23 00:21 other posts 
Tea? Oh ok, Around here,it is 8 lipton tea bags, a gallon of spring water,and 2 cups of sugar.Double boil the bags in water and chill. Ready to drink in a few hours of eing in the fridge.
By dgraff [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 12:53 other posts 
Real men drink coffee it should be hot strong and black just like a good woman
By Dev01 [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 22:38 other posts 
🤣😂😅
By #610414 25,Apr,23 13:42
I bet you never tried expreso or Cuban Or Greek
By dgraff [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 19:37 other posts 
I most certainly did good stuff
Google knows: "Microwaved water can also be taken to several degrees above boiling if heated for too long (which is impossible in a kettle, because the metallic surface prevents overheating). Such ultra-hot water destroys desired aromatic compounds and elicits an excess of astringent, bitter notes by overcooking the leaves."

Maybe that can even explain the difference between the taste of cooking water without anything in it. Tap water is not just 100% pure H2O. There is a lot of minerals and chemicals (which they allow) in it, that can affect the taste, when their chemical compositions change, by boiling.

Another difference is that a kettle is most often caked with calcium deposits. Every time you use it, some of that calcium dissolves and the water left in it evaporates leaving residu. That residu leaves a different taste in the water than when you boil water in a clean mug. It's just the taste that you are used to.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Apr,23 06:40 other posts 
Thank you.

So it's not, per se, the water that tastes different, it is due to microwave water possibly being taken past the boiling point which can alter the taste of the tea.

Oh, the things you can learn on SYD/SYC, Showitoff. Thank you for the explanation!
By phart [Ignore] 21,Apr,23 14:53 other posts 
Ananas is smart,we just don't agree on everything,it is amazing what you can learn here.
I know i use a old cooking pot sometimes on the wood stove in my shop to keep the air from being so dry,put water in it and it boils out putting moisture in the air. our well water has all kinds of minerals in it and it ruins a pot in short order.
By sherryann [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 11:07 other posts 
bella!, I always boil my water in a tea kettle on stove top then put my tea bags in, same way if I'm making instant coffee or hot chocolate where you pour the bag of chocolate powder in the boiling water.
Thanks, phart. This site does create a community of people who would never come into contact in any other way. That offers lots of perspectives outside of our echo chambers. It has broadened my horizon. It's not likely that we will ever change each other's opinions, but understanding is also important.
By kebmo [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 11:28 other posts 
Water cannot be heated past the boiling point. Water is the only element that occurs naturally as a solid, liquid and a gas. Once it reaches 212°F or 100°C it changes to a gas, known as steam.
I think your friend’s problem was probably the use of the microwave, not the taste of the tea.

My two cents.
By phart [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 14:03 other posts 
Perhaps she has a pacemaker and can't be near a microwave?
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 22:28 other posts 
Thanks for your input!
Yes it can, it's called superheated water.

See it happen here. The Mythbusters tried it. Dangerous, but funny.
By kebmo [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 09:55 other posts 
I agree but we’re talking about tea water in a microwave.
Also, at higher elevations it boils at a lower temperature. In Denver for instance, water boils at about 202°F due to the lower air pressure.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 12:12 other posts 
This article describes that water can be heated above its "boiling temperature" up to a theoretical temperature of 340 °C. That's 644 °F.
It might be true that the tea will act as nucleation seeds, preventing the temperature going up much above 100 °C.

"an undisturbed volume element of water in the absence of nucleation seed sites can be heated above its "boiling temperature" for a brief period before the random thermal motion of its molecules produces a transient void of sufficient size to function as a nucleation seed which triggers the vaporization kinetics at that temperature i.e., the water boils.

The higher the temperature of the water is raised, the smaller the requisite nucleation void volume becomes and hence the amount of time required for statistical fluctuations to furnish a transient void which will serve as a nucleation site at that temperature becomes shorter.

As the temperature of the water is raised higher and higher, this initiatory time lag asymptotically approaches zero. the temperature at which this occurs is defined as the thermodynamic limit of superheat which for water is 340C or thereabouts, depending on how many of the second-order details of the process you wish to include in your model."
By dgraff [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 13:09 other posts 
My goodness look at all the girls talking about their sissy tea my morning kick is a whole pot of coffee hot strong and black and on weekends I might add a double shot of butter scotch liquor and my travel mug will never be washed Marcy knows not to ever wash my travel mug it belongs stained black on the inside
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 17:34 other posts 
Seriously, you don't wash your coffee travel mug? Blech! No wonder you got all that facial hair!
By dgraff [Ignore] 23,Apr,23 18:13 other posts 
My dad wouldn’t let anyone wash his coffee mug either and he lived to be 93
By #610414 25,Apr,23 13:46
My Dad always put a pinch of salt (some kind of Military thing) and always put the coffee in the water to boil.

By bella! [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 11:26 other posts 
Florida homeowner shoots at a car with teens who went to the wrong home delivering groceries.

By #610414 25,Apr,23 13:48
Floridians are used to gun violence. We don’t even dare to honk the horn for fear of getting shot at. It’s all these transplanted a..holes from other states

By notynyt [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 01:42 other posts 
The remarkable success story of Indians in USA
Out of the total population of USA of about 330 million, Indians constitute only a little over 1% of that, i.e. about 3.8 million. Yet their success story is marvellous, as detailed in the articles below :
only registered users can see external links.

A century ago, Indians were the underclass and not wanted – because of their skin colour. There were anti-Indian riots in the state of Washington in 1907. In 1935, some California establishments displayed ominous signs: “No jobs for Japs or Hindus”. In the 1970s and 1980s Indian women wearing 'bindi' on their forehead were sometimes attacked.
Now the situation is totally changed.
Today Indians in America between 25 to 55 years of age earn on an average 133,000 dollars a year, which is well above the 86,000 dollars per year earned by an average white American. Though only 1% of the US population, Indians pay 6% of US taxes. About 8% founders of high tech companies in USA are Indians, as are one third of tech startups in Silicon Valley in California. Indian doctors are some of the most respected doctors in America. Some Indian entrepreneurs in America are billionaires, and many hotels and motels are owned by Indians. American Universities have many Indian professors in science, mathematics, engineering and medicine.
How did all this happen ? There are several reasons, and I have understood them by my own visits to America and observing Indians living there :
1. Hard work : Indians who migrated to USA came into a land with a different culture, and with a majority white population. While the white youth had a degree of family support, the Indian was alone in a foreign land, and with a darker colour. So to survive he quickly realised he must work much harder than whites, as that was the only way he could compete and prove his worth.
2. Honesty and reliability : Though there is an occasional crook, almost all Indians are honest, and are therefore regarded totally reliable by their employers.
3. Higher education : Over 80% Indians living in America are highly qualified, with many having a masters degree in science, engineering, mathematics, etc. On the other hand, only about a third of white Americans have a bachelor's degree. So naturally Indians get better jobs ( many are CEOs in reputed companies ).
4. Close family ties : Indian immigrants, coming from a land of close family ties, brought this culture and value with them. This was particularly important in a foreign land where they initially had difficulty in adjusting, as it provided a support base.
Divorce rate is only about 1.3% among Indians in America, whereas it is high among other ethnic groups ( 40% among blacks )
5. Parents : Indians are usually very good parents. They sacrifice a lot for their children, and devote a lot of time to them, despite their busy work schedule. In particular, they take a lot of interest in their children's education. Not only does the child learn in school, he/she is often taught in addition at home by the parents, who help them in their homework, e.g. in maths ( which I myself saw when visiting a relative in California ).
Apart from education, Indian parents keep a careful eye on their children to ensure that he/she does not go astray. Indian children rarely consume drugs, and there is no Indian mafia or gang in America.
These are the reasons of the success story of Indians in America.
No wonder President Joe Biden once remarked that Indians are taking over the country, and Elon Musk has said that USA has benefited greatly from Indian talent.

By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 04:19 other posts 
"In 2020, the median income of AI/AN (alone) households was $45,877 compared to $64,994 for the entire nation. In 2019, 18.7% of AI/AN adults age 65+ lived at the poverty level, which is more than double the poverty rate for all older Americans (8.9%)."
AI/AN: American Indian/Alaska Native

I agree, they are respectable people.
They are just not treated with much respect.
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 07:19 other posts 
Are you and notynyt speaking of the same people? He's speaking of Indian Americans, people from India.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 13:27 other posts 
Oops! Your right! Whaddamistakatomake.
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 13:31 other posts 
If you do a bit of deep digging you can redeem yourself.
By phart [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 14:44 other posts 
Even though 2 different Indians, your statement is true.as for the Native American indians,
If they would leave the reservations and venture out in the world,they could surpass the rest.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 25,Apr,23 04:19 other posts 
If their reservation was big enough and there were still enough natives left, they wouldn't need to 'venture out'. What you are referring to means dropping their culture and getting swallowed up into American society. That's exactly the thing
that they don't want to do. They want to retain their own identity and culture.
They wouldn't surpass the rest, they would become the rest.

By MilaBoobs [Ignore] 16,Apr,23 19:09 other posts 
By Jamie [Ignore] 16,Apr,23 19:19 other posts 
Who cares i don't cure
By MilaBoobs [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 18:53 other posts 
By aries [Ignore] 24,Apr,23 20:10 other posts 
great that so may guys know that sexy slut

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #116   #117   #118   #119   #120   #121   #122   #123   #124   #125   ...#769

Show It Off