Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Global Warming... What do you Believe?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #22

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Started by #485312 [Ignore] 15,Dec,20 18:50
Fact or Fiction.... is it really happening???
what do you think contributes to it and what is
being done to stop it?

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By #592419 22,Sep,21 10:38
If an ice cube melted in a glass of water will it overflow?
By phart [Ignore] 22,Sep,21 11:45 other posts 
no BUT if you have a nice tall glass of Sweet tea and the ice melts in it, it ruins the taste of the tea as it is now watered down.

By Gntlmn [Ignore] 21,Sep,21 20:21 other posts 
Only a shit-stupid Putin's Bitch voter thinks it's a hoax... thankfully, CoVid19 is killing them off!

By #613564 20,Sep,21 23:51
LOL!! Ever hear of the "Gaia Hypothesis"? James Lovelock?
The Earth is a LIVING BEING, much like our bodies, but on a much larger scale!
She is a dynamic BEING, and has survived Billions of years of problems!!
Humans, are like "Jock Itch" to the Earth Mother!! LOL!!
She will adapt, and maybe that means more plagues, like COVID, or others, to keep us from overwhelming Her!
By phart [Ignore] 21,Sep,21 14:01 other posts 
The earth is a large rock that is still molten in the middle. IT will continue to be a rock long after humans have disappeared.
Strange how people that say, "trust the science" can't grasp what is visible by telescope of other planets being swallowed by their "suns" as they go super nova and so on.
None of us are leaving here alive. Enjoy life and quit worrying yourselves to death.

By phart [Ignore] 10,Jul,21 12:57 other posts 
AOC lives in the fucking twilight zone.
only registered users can see external links
--------------------------------------- added after 1752 hours

On top of all this,she is PISSED because someone refered to her as a young lady.
As in does she just want to be called a Bitch or something?
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 06:10 other posts 
A good way to twist her words, so guys like you can ridicule her.

Her points are:
- Fossil Fuel Executives bribe your politicians to do nothing on climate change.
- Climate change is already happening and exceptional storms like that are a sign of that.
- Extreme weather like you have experienced recently are just a sign of more to come.
- It will cost you many billions of dollars in damages each year or trillions of dollars
to upgrade your infrastructure to prevent that from happening each year.

"The best is yet to come!"
Flooding will happen more often.
As we speak, there are record floods in Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the south of The Netherlands, that have killed over 60 people so far.

By phart [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 19:13 other posts 
Terrible, no doubt about it, Matter of fact I read some about it awhile ago.
But I must ask is this the first time those areas have flooded?
The reason I ask is we have areas here that are known as flood plains. The land is only useful for temporary pasture or maybe a quick growing crop or trees for lumber.
But we don't build homes and such in those areas.
Some areas in the big city about 40 miles from here, are starting to have flooding. BUT it is not climate related. It is related to all the home building and paving the ground that would normally take in the water.IF yankees and folks from califoricated would stay the hell out of here, the problems would not come.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 11:31 other posts 
Off course this is not the only flood ever, but I can't remember them ever be so widespread. It is also happening after decades of measures to prevent floods
like creating more and bigger flood plains. There was a record broken in the flow of the river Meuse.

"Until now, the summer record was held in 1980 and 1911, when approximately 2,000 cubic meters of water per second flowed through the Meuse. Those summer records are broken with another 50 percent extra water. "

"The river Meuse in Limburg reached a record height on Thursday evening, with levels more than 5 meters above normal. A large part of the precipitation that fell in Limburg and the Ardennes now ends up in the river. It is by far the highest summer level in at least a hundred years. It is expected that even the winter records of 1993 and 1995 will be broken, when a flood threatened the Dutch river area."

The worst flood in The Netherlands was in 1953, when the dikes broke and 1836 people drowned. But that's why the Dutch built the most advanced flood control system in the world. Half the country would be under water by now, if we didn't have that.
By phart [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 12:11 other posts 
we have 100 year and 500 year flood plains that building is restricted and such.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 13:11 other posts 
I had to look it up, but I've found a good article on that:

"Tomball, Texas, Public Works director David Esquivel told a local paper there this year that the Houston area had “two 500-year storms back to back”: over Memorial Day weekend of 2015 and early April 2016. That means that Hurricane Harvey constitutes the third “500-year” flood in three years."

Our government is making 100 year plans to prevent flooding. They use predictions of the climate change scientists to plan upgrades to the flood control system.
This is a map with predictions on the year 2100 from the Delta commission of 2008. They have needed to update the plans, because the predictions are getting more severe as climate change progresses.

By #610414 21,Sep,21 10:14
Phart flood plains may not get used in your open areas, but, I live in Miami-Dade county and our "flood plain" include some of the choice real estate in the county.
You have such a close mind. You refuse to even admit that there are changes happening, no matter the cause. You will be like the unicorns. You know why we don't have any unicorns? They didn't believe the flood was coming so they didn't board Noah's ark. Don't be left behind.
By #610414 21,Sep,21 10:09
Phart
Why? Because AOC is trying to bring to the public's attention the projected cost of doing nothing? Maybe she doesn't know how it can be financed, but, it's a start. Why shoot the messenger?
By phart [Ignore] 21,Sep,21 10:20 other posts 
I don't advocate shooting her, she would be better serving the public as a secretary at a office or something .She has not got the brains or education needed to understand "how things work" in the real world.just not enough experiance perhaps?
By #610414 21,Sep,21 10:27
Really? Because from this point of view I see a woman, right or wrong, trying to do the right thing instead of just bitching about it. She got 152,661 votes in her district or 71.6% of the vote. Looks like someone liked how she thinks. How many votes did you get for dog catcher? I didn't get that.
AOC knows how it can be financed. Didn't you see her dress? TAX THE RICH
By phart [Ignore] 21,Sep,21 13:55 other posts 
Yea, you know how well that will work. The rich will just leave and uh ,then what?
I didn't run for office.and her district is so damn small.IF she is the best they can do, they are REALLY SCREWED>

By phart [Ignore] 13,Sep,21 16:22 other posts 
Well OK, so these folks want to bring back the Wooly Mamouth.

To help with climate change.

So let's bring back the Terex, and modify it so all it wants to eat is liberal democrats!
All sounds good in theory but what if the wooly mammoth decides it doesn't like it in the cold and wanders into down town Manhattan?
By dgraff [Ignore] 13,Sep,21 22:06 other posts 
I have hand guns that would drop it no sweat 😓

By phart [Ignore] 16,Aug,21 16:37 other posts 
Read this article.

Who would have thought, that the sun ,might be causing some warmth ?
Please read the whole thing but this is important
"In their insistence on forcing a so-called scientific consensus, the IPCC seems to have decided to consider only those data sets and studies that support their chosen narrative."

The implications, from a policy perspective, are enormous, especially in a field where trillions of dollars are at stake and a dramatic re-organization of the global economy is being proposed

By phart [Ignore] 14,Jul,21 22:41 other posts 
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 06:00 other posts 
Interesting isn't it?
If that happened anytime soon, we would all be royally screwed.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 11:14 other posts 
Yea, humans sitting here trying to figure out how to filter our farts for clean air, then oooops, here comes a astroid,all that suffering and sacrifice for nothing.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 11:37 other posts 
Nice logic; we don't need to save ourselves, because there is a 0.0000001% change we will be killed by a huge asteroid in the next 100 years anyway.

If we do nothing and that asteroid doesn't fall down in the next 100 years,
it doesn't matter anyway, because humanity will already be extinct.

If we prevent the worst of climate change, we will probably survive. We could then also develop the technology to deflect an asteroid long before it ever hits earth.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 15:00 other posts 
While some sit and worry about the climate killing us,others sit and worry about some sumbitch in Jackwackastan with a nuclear bomb wanting to blow up a major city. Or some jihadist coming over the border from mexico wearing a sombrero for camouflage driving by a city lake and tainting the water to kill or inflict sickness on 1000's of innocent people.
These things we know can happen,but thanks to some law enforcement hasn't happened large scale yet. But yet so many people are worried about some smoke or something.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 15:56 other posts 
We are all under the risk of dying every day. There are all sorts of things that can kill me or you tomorrow. I don't fear that, because it is uncertain. I'm not worried about some terrorist blowing me up, because the change of that is very small. And he would prefer better targets, like the people who bombed his country.

However, there is a much higher chance that we will live for another few to several decades. In that period, I'm not worried about climate change getting very uncomfortable, dangerous and expensive, I'm completely sure it will happen. There is however things humanity can do to make the future less uncomfortable, dangerous and expensive. I can't do that myself, I can only join the movement to push the world leaders to act on my behalf. And I know it's not necessary to suffer and sacrifice to reach the goal. It will only take some redirecting of money to employ millions of people for building renewable energy systems. I'm not saying it will be easy, but there is no reason to expect suffering and sacrifice, unless we wait too long.

Bye the way, suffering and sacrifice, that's just your average American job. Europeans don't do that, we just make great stuff and solve serious problems, without breaking a sweat.
By phart [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 19:18 other posts 
bye the way,that sounds like lazy to me!

I can agree work needs to be done to change some things.But it can't be over night.
and if we are going to solve a problem, find a VIABLE solution. Lithium battery's, oh my, what do we do with them when they go dead?
Wasn't the idea behind new technology to make sure that you could sit back and make great things and solve problems without sweating? Well,there is no free ride, and there are side effects. the pollution that is supposedly going to kill us in 11 years according to saint aoc, is 1 side effect of technology.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 05:33 other posts 
Yep, I'm fucking lazy and I don't mind admitting it. Most Europeans aren't as lazy as me, but most value laziness a lot. I have some endearing quality that compensates a bit for my laziness; I get bored quickly.
That's why I'm so happy with my job of just helping other people make great stuff and using my brain to solve serious problems, without breaking a sweat.

"Wasn't the idea behind new technology to make sure that you could sit back and make great things and solve problems without sweating?"
YES, EXACTLY, so when are we finally allowed to sit back a little?
Most Europeans don't have a 32 hour workweek anymore. 40 hours has become sort of the standard. Some poor sods even work more than that.
It seams like Americans are only working harder and longer and for less comfort. They are truly screwed. It is however mostly self-inflicted by your 'work ethics'.

There is a free ride for the children of rich people. They will never have to pull up their sleeves. You think that's working what they do? Hahahaha, not even by my standards.

It takes a little bit more than 11 years to kill us ALL. The dying has already
been going on a while near the equator, but it's moving upwards (and downwards, don't forget the Ozzies). Americans in Texas are the first to go (some already did), people in Alaska get a lot more time.
AOC was probably referring to the 11 years scientists say is the time left that Climate Change is still reversible. There are several chain reactions at play,
that could make Climate Change irreversible, for a big part, even if humans completely stop emitting CO2 in the air, 11 years from now.

We can prevent the worst if we hurry up and work hard!
(Phooey! Helping people work hard, by solving problems).

You should know by now (Lithium) batteries are not the only option to store energy.
By phart [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 09:59 other posts 
I know lithium is not the only way but it is the way the tech is leaning because of weight. so there will be a abundance of it to dispose of sooner than later.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 16,Jul,21 10:49 other posts 
I'm not just talking about batteries using different metals.
And don't 'dispose' of batteries, just recycle:

Batteries are just one type of chemical energy storage. Formic acid an hydrogen are two other examples. Hydrogen is just not very efficient for energy storage. Those are the best alternatives to batteries for use in cars, but we also need high capacity storage in the energy grids, to compensate for intermittent energy production of most renewable energy systems. For that there are better principles of storing energy, like Superconducting magnetic energy storage, which acts like a battery, but doesn't work on chemical principle.

Another type is thermal energy storage, like molten salt, which works very well in combination with solar power. Or pumping hot or cold water in a geothermal reservoir and using the thermal energy when it's pumped back up into a basin. That principle can produce and store energy at the same time.

Or kinetic potential energy storage by pumping water back up to the lake of a hydro power plant. Because of water shortage, many hydro power plants don't work at maximum output anyway.

Or pressure energy storage, like using depleted gas wells or deep mines to store air under pressure, which can be turned back into electrical energy at demand.

By Robben [Ignore] 15,Jul,21 08:54 other posts 
Its all hot womens fault

By phart [Ignore] 08,Jul,21 16:18 other posts 
Please explain this 1 away with the "only in the last 100 years" theory.

So was Homo Erectus cruising the strip in his exhaust belching Ferrari in 2000 BC?

Was Homo Sapien Burning tires to cook Buzzard for supper?
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 08,Jul,21 17:00 other posts 
That link is supporting the existence of man made climate change.

Of course the climate has had changes before, I've told you many times. However not at the speed humanity is causing it.

"This is a relationship that is found in many animals, and even among contemporary humans, but we now know that it was a major driver behind the changes in body size over the last MILLION years."

Earth has been almost completely covered in ice for millions of years, until 650 million years ago. The Eocene, which occurred between 53 and 49 million years ago, was the Earth's warmest temperature period for 100 million years.

Those changes took at least tens of thousands of years, which allowed nature to adapt. During hot periods, tropical rain forests covered the earth up to the poles. Those rain forests absorbed to CO2, which made the temperature slowly decrease again. Unfortunately humanity has destroyed most of the rain forests. If we cause the temperature to go up, faster than it has ever gone up, while having destroyed all forests, the temperature will just keep going up. Nature left to its own devices will always correct eventually, but with humanity starving for food, gutting the remainder of the forests for agriculture, nature will not recover, until we are completely extinct. Maybe the environment will ever again be suitable for life afterwards, without us, maybe not.
By #623135 08,Jul,21 17:12
Phart you can’t be that dense. The earth has gone through several climate changes. It’s going though another climate change. The difference this time is that man made pollution is affecting it. Why do you try to argue something that is so obvious. But, if you don’t believe in man made contributions to this change, you certainly can’t deny this change. Ice caps melting. Unusual temperatures. The rising of the oceans. You can’t deny that.
--------------------------------------- added after 16 hours

Old Gaea sure loves you…….not
By phart [Ignore] 08,Jul,21 20:16 other posts 
I never denied the changes, I am saying man, is to small and powerless to make that noticeable of a change in something as large as our earth. We are comparable to the little dung beetles on a large cow patty, there is alot more to this world than us.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 09,Jul,21 03:31 other posts 
Yet, we have destroyed most of the forests in the world and if we continue
there will be more plastic than fish in the oceans by 2050.
Seven billion dung beetles are killing the cow.

There used to be a lot more to this world than us.

Humans and big agriculture livestock account for 96% of mammal biomass.

Powerless to make that noticeable of a change?
By phart [Ignore] 09,Jul,21 13:16 other posts 
Plastic could be eliminated if people would go back to reusable glass bottles for drinks and liquids and use PAPER fucking grocery bags like was done for DECADES.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 09,Jul,21 13:42 other posts 
I totally agree with that

But have you ever noticed how much plastic is around the stuf from the supermarket?
We recycle quite devotedly and collect a large bag every few days.
By phart [Ignore] 09,Jul,21 16:11 other posts 
If the product was only made half as good as the damn package! How many times have I damaged something just trying to get it out of the damn plastic ,I couldn't count.

I have not got much issue with recycling except sometimes good machines and stuff gets hauled away and distroyed for very simple issues. Just as with the the fridge in the kitchen,it stopped cooling as well. We called a fellow out to fix it, 100 bucks for labor and parts.Granted we are having to wait till monday because of the shitty postal service but still,MOST Americans would yank the fridge out,put in a new 1,that cost no less than about 1100 bucks for a decent 1 , and this 1 would be destroyed. 100 dollar problem. What a waste it would be.But that is the way some people operate.Waste and spend.And if you take into account how much emissions comes from the hauling of the old fridge,grinding it up,hauling it again,melting it,and restamping parts and making something else,it would equate to far more energy used by the older design than compared to the new for the same time operated.
By #623135 09,Jul,21 10:00
Well Phart, it’s an eye opener to meet someone that believes overpopulation (because that’s what it is) is not a problem and that this Earth will be all right if we continue to do as we are
--------------------------------------- added after 6 minutes

Old Gaea sure loves you…….not

By notynyt [Ignore] 05,Jun,21 07:17 other posts 
Like our life cycle, the life cycle of the whole world goes on. As we are born, then we are young. Then they get old. And after the end of our life, then a new birth takes place in some other form. As we grow up we tend to use more space and consume more. After a while it stops. And the process of happening again starts. So is the life of trees. Starts from seed and takes the form of a big tree. Trees also give birth to many other trees in their lifetime. The life cycle of all the living beings of the world is the same. This is how the life cycle of our entire universe takes place. And our earth too. What do we do to stay healthy? Have nutritious diet. Stay away from those who do harm. We constantly try to maintain our physical and mental balance. In the same way, we should continuously try for the good health of our environment and the earth. Since we are human, we consume more than other living beings, then it becomes our duty to take care of this atmosphere like our life.
It is beyond fact and fiction. It is a political ideology. When a large group is to be united, political ideology is resorted to. So that harmony can be established in the society.
By #485312 05,Jun,21 17:32
yeah, we were given the perfect living space, it was balanced and full of wonder, now we are destroying what is wonderful and changing it to a place that is not paradise, we take far too much from the crust of our bread, our foot prints will be the ones that scar the earth for ever, or until it finally fails us, thats when we'll take notice, although after seeing the skies in places like china, the people still didnt care enough to do anything about it.. they couldnt breath the air, or see blue sky, so they opened 'oxygen bars' and placed pictures of clear skies on bill boards???? that has to be madness, I couldnt live in a city without sky, or a place where I couldnt breath, but some people will 'accept' this as a reasonable way to live..
surely our brains are big enough to see what it right and wrong and not accept this from the leaders of these places. But sadly ... as a whole, humanity accepts destruction as normal, and capitalism is fine!! so long as some rich cunt is making a motza and the rest of us are coughing up lungs from pollution, this is acceptable.. *lix*
By notynyt [Ignore] 17,Jun,21 12:29 other posts 
You said the right thing. Ego prevails in a capitalist society. Where there is ego, there is no value for humanity and love. They want to get everything with money. Now thousands of people died in India due to lack of oxygen. Oxygen was not available even after paying money. I don't know whether people will understand or not. I feel very proud sometimes my culture has taught me to love nature. We say here, you keep doing your duty. Don't look at others. You will love you will get love from nature. ❤️

By phart [Ignore] 14,Jun,21 20:58 other posts 
HERE YE GO FOLKS

By onthelose [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 17:34 other posts 
When all the climate change believers start doing their part to reduce emission's I will do my part. Do you drive, do you use electricity, do you shop at any stores[trucks deliver the stuff on the shelves] do you eat food you don't raise yourself[ farmers use gas powered machines to grow the food you take for granted. Do you fly anywhere. These are just some of the things you want us to give up. I say you first ,then maybe we will all follow!!!
By phart [Ignore] 10,Jun,21 19:30 other posts 
are you kidding? Kerry flys around in a jet plane to tell others they need to walk and stuff.
Hypocrites I think is what you could safely call most climate change believers.
Hardly anything is done with out some form of pollution.
You trade 1 type for another.
Coal ash and fumes, ok trade that for a underground storage facility full of nuclear waste leaking into the water table in washington state, or unrecyclable lithium ion battery's to be stored underground for eon's.
There is no free ride..

Sure this is WW2 era stuff leaking NOW,but what will happen to the stuff stored 20 years ago.Or being stored NOW? IF the future is so important, then think first.

Officials say an underground nuclear waste storage tank in Washington state that dates to World War II appears to be leaking contaminated liquid into the ground. ... Tank B-109, the latest suspected of leaking, holds 123,000 gallons (465,000 liters) of radioactive waste.Apr 29, 2021
By #623135 14,Jun,21 10:39
Sure, Phart meanwhile all you shit kicking mid-westerners Phart uncontrollably
By phart [Ignore] 14,Jun,21 15:15 other posts 
Hey,if humans were not forced to eat plants,there would be less gas's to pass!
And folks like you MOVE DOWN HERE so apparently the farts don't smell that bad to ye
I have a very fuel economical car and 2500 watt of solar panels. But people cannot prevent climate change by themselves. The biggest CO2 emitters are companies.
There are just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global CO2 emissions.
International cooperation and regulation is the only way to reduce those CO2 emissions.
Politicians are just trying to convince you that you can change the world, so they don't have do something that upsets their donors. Everyone can do something, but it won't help enough.

By #642672 11,Jun,21 21:05
The Earth will be here for a few more billion years until the Sun expands in its red giant phase swallowing it. We as a species will most likely be long gone due to our extreme penchant of hand wringing until things are past the point to save us and turning our home planet into a waste dump. Hey good news for roaches. They will have all the human waste to feed on as the Sun changes and they get to watch. Whether you believe or not it would do yourself some good to study growth and decay functions for organisms to see where we as a species are going. No need for an asteroid this time. Our blindness and arrogance will be our undoing.
By #623135 14,Jun,21 10:35
I don’t believe loosing your life is part of the program.
By #642672 14,Jun,21 11:49
??

Humans are arrogant. They believe they are killing the planet. When in actuality we are only killing ourselves. The planet will still be here.

Unless you believe we as a species are worth saving. Seeing all the hatred and other negative qualities on view in the last administration makes me wonder if we are. But I am still hopeful for a positive change.
By Ananas2xLekker [Ignore] 14,Jun,21 12:31 other posts 
The planet, as a rock in space will survive. We are also killing nature in a big way. Change doesn't come by itself. Every little bit of progress has been fought for.
By #623135 14,Jun,21 14:51
If God created us, he’s the only one that has a right to end us

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #17   #18   #19   #20   #21   #22   #23   #24   #25   #26  

Show It Off