Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Points Changes

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #1

Pages:  #1   #2   #3  

Started by admin [Ignore] 19,Jun,22 12:08  other posts
It seems some members think their points number is a meter of their importance on this site or something like that. Well, I don't really know what happens in their heads. But the fact is - some members hoard points and never use them. I personally do not care because if members do not use points they mean nothing. But this annoys many paying members and I have to respect their feelings. So from now on unused points will be converted automatically (happens overnight during all other points distribution calculations) into treasure chests for all non-paying members with points balance over 700. The chests can be converted back into points without any loss, but only if the current points balance is less than 200 or the member recently purchased points or membership. Big chests stays forever since I still respect the efforts some members took over many years to gather huge amounts of points, but small chests will vanish after 60 days if not used.

If I did not screw up with the coding you will see first results of this tomorrow.

New Comment       Rating: 0  

Comments:
By qqqq1234 [Ignore] 27,Aug,23 10:12 other posts 
There is a problem with the chests.

I have two chests, one of them expiring tomorrow, and the other expiring in 60 days. I clicked on the one expiring tomorrow, so the one with 60 days left should still be there, but the chest that's left says 1 day and not 60.
By admin [Ignore] 27,Aug,23 13:14 other posts 
That is not a problem, this is by design so that you can not swap them indefinitelly.

By #692771 09,May,23 20:06
Question, is there like a time period, so like for example if 5000 points were purchased & just sat there, how long would it take for them to be turned into treasure ?

Question, as a Premium member what are the restrictions of turning treasure back into points, if any, I see a non paying member has to wait till their points have to be bellow 200 points ?
By admin [Ignore] 09,May,23 21:05 other posts 
Points start converting into chests when it's 120 days after last payment if I remember correctly. You can convert all chests back to points without restrictions when you have paid status (real paid, not gifted).
By #692771 09,May,23 21:22
Thank you very much for your response
By bella! [Ignore] 09,May,23 22:21 other posts 
The conversion of points to treasure chests is geared toward non paying members, correct? As a premium paid member, it is possible that I could have as many points as I wanted, correct?
By admin [Ignore] 09,May,23 22:38 other posts 
Yes. But why are you asking this? Paid members almost never hoard points.
By bella! [Ignore] 09,May,23 23:04 other posts 
I might be mistaken but I have the impression that Puppet_Master! might think this caveat refers to all members but it really pertains to non paying members, right?
By admin [Ignore] 09,May,23 23:22 other posts 
That is stated in the initial post this thread was started from. "unused points will be converted automatically into treasure chests for all non-paying members with points balance over 700". It implies that nothing happens to paid members. Should I really state it with all possible tediousness? I've been always thinking I'm already too tedious by my nature.
By bella! [Ignore] 09,May,23 23:47 other posts 
Please accept my apology, admin.
By #692771 10,May,23 01:00
Ok so non Premium members, thanks for clearing that up Bella! I don't get why it would annoy some Premium that non paying members had a lot of points, but it is wad it is I guess 🤷‍♀️
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 24,Jun,23 23:03 other posts 
Right

By #662360 10,May,23 07:32
Points is just a bit of fun. When I get 250 I always use them to post a picture in the top banner.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 24,Jun,23 23:02 other posts 
No

By BuckFizz [Ignore] 09,May,23 19:14 other posts 
If the member wants to collect Points they should be able to do so, I do not see why this should have anything to do with paying members nor non paying member, in fact what it comes down to is Paying Members can shit over the Non Paying and have the site changed due to them being a paid member.... Looking down on it is once again, very clear Paid members can do what ever they like, but the non paid members are treated like SHIT..... Again, member collect points, and want points and currently there are 2 Paid Members that are causing a LOT of Hate on the Site, and the amount of Negative Gifts being sent, Members Need as many points as possible to remove such Gifts. Thats what its all about Admin, and you have fallen in to the Paid Members Trap, and left the non paying members out to Dry, with No support at all. I was paid member many years ago, and other members collecting points did NOT worry me at all, and still should be the same Today.
By admin [Ignore] 09,May,23 19:18 other posts 
Oh, I remember who you were. What you describe is exactly what you were doing.

By DonTheShyBoy [Ignore] 04,Jul,22 09:06 other posts 
pls why do paying members bother with this? lmao

By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 02,Jul,22 13:43 other posts 
So... are we going to get to raid these treasure chests?

By dgraff [Ignore] 02,Jul,22 21:59 other posts 
Arrrr matie hand me my musket so I can shoot the lock off and the gold is all ours
By Dev01 [Ignore] 02,Jul,22 22:41 other posts 
Most would probably be full of fools gold
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Jul,22 05:50 other posts 
Or sex toys
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 03,Jul,22 09:45 other posts 
Yeah- Bjuk's pegging kit!

By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Jul,22 09:49 other posts 
Ahhhahaha

By bella! [Ignore] 22,Jun,22 22:06 other posts 
admin , based on my calculations, if I set my clock to notify me every 4 hours to vote in the BEST IMAGE/MEMBER TOP feature, I could earn up to 18 points per day (3 points every 4 hours). But if I factor in sleep time, dinner, bathroom time, I determined it would be easier to base my voting on only 4 times per day, for a total of 12 points. Earning 12 site points per day and IF I calculated correctly, in less than 84 days I would amass 1,000 points! Woo hoo! I have my eyes set on the prize!
By admin [Ignore] 22,Jun,22 22:59 other posts 
You may laugh all you want but there are members who collected over 10'000 points this way.
By tecsan [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 01:42 other posts 
Yes, I agree with you on this, but like I stated in the past, this does not bother me. But, I think your new plan will give non members another reason to become premium. Seems you are asking for comments and opinions here. Sorry if I am wrong.
By admin [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 09:20 other posts 
Did not bother me either, I just reacted to dissatisfaction of old paid members about this.
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 08:12 other posts 
A an average of 12 points per day it take me approximately 2 years and 3.5 months to achieve about 10,000 points and that's not missing a day. I don't know that I have that commitment and dedication to get the job done.
By CAT-2 [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 09:31 other posts 
How many of us even remember to check in on the BEST IMAGE GAME?
By tecsan [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 22:13 other posts 
I do Cat, every day as for others I do not know.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 17:09 other posts 
Sounds like a lot of work

If I want 10K points, I will just whip out the VISA
By Dev01 [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 18:04 other posts 
A lot easier
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 20:45 other posts 
But if you're cheap, and you push yourself, if you can be online every 4 hours without fail, you can git 'er done in 555 days or approximately 1 year 6 months and 10 days. My calculation is based on a 30 day month.
By tecsan [Ignore] 25,Jun,22 01:47 other posts 
I think you are right here, I did not bother to fact check. It sounds very close or right on probably.
By tecsan [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 22:12 other posts 
No crap, that is my thought. I prefer MC though.

By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 22:05 other posts 
We are paying members so none of this point shit matters to us. The only question I have is, why does it matter how many points someone has? What if a member has 50 or 60 contest wins and a handful POTM trophies and a shitload of gifts worth 10,000 points. Should that member be made to cash them in? Now administration wants to force somebody to use their points to buy a membership, then I'm all for that. I just don't understand the concern of someone saving points? It's not costing administration any money.
By admin [Ignore] 24,Jun,22 07:53 other posts 
I did not care how many points people had. Paying members were dissatisfied with this situation and I had to spend some of my time to resolve it. However, points hoarding is not a productive activity both for those who do it and for mechanics of the site so if it will be discouraged by this change, I consider it a positive change.

I did some analysis before doing this. People who win contests usually keep trophies, not points. Most of hoarders get points from something primitive - clicking in image top for example or taking the ball from someone who do not pass it. And honestly, this was my fault to begin with. I should have limited points income from these activities as I did with "boobs" after I noticed some people routinely hunt for those. These things were meant to make people interact more with each other, not to make it a job for several people who has nothing better to do.
By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 24,Jun,22 13:26 other posts 
What about having some kind of program that tells members once they hoard or save a certain number of points whatever you choose as the number. That they would have to cash that in for a one month membership. I understand that doesn't bring the site any money, but it may once that person experiences the advantages of a membership. Maybe the following month they might possibly become a paying member which would bring the site money.
By admin [Ignore] 24,Jun,22 14:16 other posts 
I have no illusions whatsoever about any of the point hoarders ever buying a membership. But I added an ability to use chests when gifting premium membership to others or themselves. So, they can do this if they chose so.

And as I said, I don't care about the number. You were here long enough, you should remember that JohnS collected like 30'000 points reporting fakes and I did not care. Others were not so happy, though.
By CountryCouple54 [Ignore] 24,Jun,22 22:15 other posts 
Wow, honestly I never knew how many points he had
By tecsan [Ignore] 25,Jun,22 01:36 other posts 
Points do not matter to me, but I think countrycouple54 made the point I was trying to make. I think getting paying members should be priority number one.

By JustWill [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 15:00 other posts 
Wait--this was actually an issue here??
Good lord, some folks just find any silly thing to bitch about...
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 18:12 other posts 
I agree with you completely Will!
By JustWill [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 19:07 other posts 
I usually agree with me completely too, Ray!

By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 04:45 other posts 
Confused as hell. I have no idea how she got the treasure chests (stolen), but with 264 points they cannot be converted unless she uses 65 or more points, talk about confusing. This sounds like something biden would do. She has 264 how did she get so many, was it a code fail. Oops, forgot to include that in the code right. One treasure chest would exceed the amount right. So there is no way to get another until converted and used right.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 05:04 other posts 
Read your post, you most certainly are "confused as hell". As if admin is going to know how to respond to your question about "she".
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 05:21 other posts 
I was being discreet. He knows or can find out quickly. Do you think you can explain this to me better, if you can, I will concede.
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 06:18 other posts 
You missed my whole point. I feel sorry for you. The treasure chest does not count as points unless you convert them to points right? What is to stop others from hoarding treasure chests? Point hoarding or treasure chest hoarding, what is the difference? Oops epic fail. I mean one member gets seven chests in a row, that is ridiculous.
By #275407 20,Jun,22 07:39
Admins explanation didn't sound confusing to me, try reading it a couple more times and you will get your answer.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:54 other posts 
I could use some Site Cooperation Points
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 20:15 other posts 
You know I was right. Read the thread.
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 07:55 other posts 
Thank you, you gave me a thought about something I missed. But I do not think hoarding of the chests will be a common practice. I think it will be quite complicated and costly. We will see.
By #574505 20,Jun,22 09:34
I didn't get one
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 10:42 other posts 
This does not affect actively paying members. That was the whole point of it.
By #574505 20,Jun,22 11:33
Thank you
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:35 other posts 
I hope it's something diabolical!
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:41 other posts 
From the point of view of those who will try to hoard small chests it probably is diabolical...
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 11:33 other posts 
Don't feel sorrow for me, feel sorrow for yourself. In your quest to be discreet, it seems you failed to read admin's entire post. Re-read admin's last sentence, it reads;

Big chests stays forever since I still respect the efforts some members took over many years to gather huge amounts of points, but small chests will vanish after 60 days if not used.

SMALL CHESTS WILL VANISH AFTER 60 DAYS IF NOT USED. It's the ol' use it or lose it strategy.
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:14 other posts 
So please define a small chest compared to a large chest for us dummies. And at what point do your points get converted to a chest? after 700 points??
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:32 other posts 
Hi Ray, you have both on your page. They look similar but the "small chest" appears to open right to left and the "big chest" opens left to right. The "small chest" has a point value of 500 points noted directly beneath whereas the "big chest" has a point value of 5,000 points noted directly beneath.
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 13:24 other posts 
I know it happens at night when all other things are done! My question was when (at what value of points 300,400 500)do they get changed??How many are you allowed to have befor they are considered un used?
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:38 other posts 
Regarding when are points converted into treasure chests, I'm not sure, that's something admin will determine/address.
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:56 other posts 
What does a Saggy chest get you here?

Asking for the Saggy Granny Cat

By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 12:59 other posts 
A "saggy chest" gets you a bad back and also means that it's time to invest in new undergarments, no?
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 13:04 other posts 
You know that all points calculations and other adjustments such as reputation updates and some cleanups happen soon after midnight US East Coast time.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 13:19 other posts 
Yes, I understand when the "magic time" is however the question Ray has is with regard to the point threshold. If I understand the process put in place in the early hours on 20,Jun,22, free members can amass upto 700 points doing whatever they do before their points are then converted into treasure chests, correct?

Here's a question someone might ask, what if I buy 5,000 points, how long do I have to use my points before they are converted into treasure chests?
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 20:44 other posts 
Indeed. When the balance of a non-paying member is over 700 at midnight the system will make a chest deducting 500 points until the balance is below 700. Quite simple.

Big chests of 5000 were made only because I did not want to wipe out points of people who hoarded 10000+ points over many years. If I was making this from the start I would not do big chests at all. This all was difficult to figure out exactly because I did not want to punish those tho put a lot of efforts into it, though they still feel I fucked them.

If you buy points or membership you have 100 days the system won't check your balance at all. Well, at least it's supposed to be so, I make mistakes sometimes. And after that you have 60 days to convert chests back into points and use them before they perish. So, overall 160 days. I think it's quite enough.
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 21:09 other posts 
160 days, roughly 5½ months, is a generous amount of time to use purchased points. Heck, when I buy points I'm excited if they last me 2 weeks!
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 22:10 other posts 
There is another flaw here, ask me and I will explain. I do understand we all make mistakes, no-one is perfect.
By Ray10754 [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 13:16 other posts 
I know it happens at night when all other things are done! My question was when (at what value of points 300,400 500)do they get changed?? how many are considered un used .
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 13:24 other posts 
700 points. Example, you have +701 points. You have 201 points reflected in your point balance on your page and a "small chest" icon (500 point value) reflected in your gift banner. You will have 60 days in which to convert your chest for additional points.

See my question above. I know you are a member who buys points from time to time and if I were you, I would want to know how long do I have to use these points before they get converted.
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 19:59 other posts 
How do you get the large chest vs the large chest? Hell, how do you get any chest? Is this a game for non-premium members or for the ones with very few points?
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 20:49 other posts 
For god's sake, it's not a game, it's a kind of punishment for not spending free points. As a premium member you do not have and do not want to get chests.
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 22:04 other posts 
Lighten up, I was trying to be funny with the game part. And that was one of the first things I stated, I have no skin in this. I thought saying game would be hilarious. You know that some of your proposal is a little sketchy (but it is your site and you have the right to change the rules). I get that. I just thought more explanation was needed. Fine if you disagree with me, it was my opinion only.
By admin [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 22:52 other posts 
None of the things here are "my proposal". This entire site is build on proposals of active members, I just try to figure out ways to implement them. Reality has some limitations so some ways may seem or really be "sketchy". It's the best I can do, I'm just a regular human.
By tecsan [Ignore] 20,Jun,22 23:21 other posts 
I do agree with that statement. You really are doing a great job. Sometimes though a little criticism helps. Remember, it was just my opinion. I just thought the point system was ok before you changed it to these treasure chests. I may have misunderstood one of your comments, but those that purchase points, well I think they should never expire as long as they are a member in good standing and granted this site is still here. Cannot imagine why the site would disappear though, you were very smart here, especially with the names.
By tecsan [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 02:24 other posts 
Bella Bella still fells the need to attack me. WOW.

Besides, try to use 7 small chests in 2 months, you would have to be here more than you are bella.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 02:56 other posts 
tecsan, tecsan...are you really as simple and odd as you project yourself to be? It's a rhetorical question, please do not respond, I formed my opinion months and months ago. It's unfortunate that you are not in touch with life. Even admin was exasperated with your failed attempt to be "funny" and needed to rein you. Please, let's do each other a favor by avoiding one another.
By tecsan [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 03:17 other posts 
You really feel that way. That is pathetic. I will send you a pm because it is no business of anyone here, probably not you especially. It will be short and simple for you to understand, I promise. Think about what you said. I am not like what you think. Stop with the crap, if you really do not want me to respond you can stop that with a few clicks or touches. I know you are wondering. I will honor your little request if you stop your attacks on me. 'Rein' vs 'reign' think about that also, yes this was added as an afterthought. I can spell though.
By tecsan [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 03:55 other posts 
I forgot to ask this, are you as old as your pics project?
By #275407 21,Jun,22 08:41
Tecsan, why do you feel the need to start shit with other members, other members don't start with you, you post on there threads. Just sit back and enjoy the site, it is what it is and deal with it.
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 16:41 other posts 
cody, if you're addressing his posts to me, let it be. Last week I called him a wack-job and that probably still stings.
By tecsan [Ignore] 21,Jun,22 21:46 other posts 
Cody, now you know why. She attacks me all the time. What would you do? Laugh her off like I will probably start doing.
By bella! [Ignore] 22,Jun,22 08:17 other posts 
Attack, attack, attack. You toss that word about so much I'm beginning to believe that you believe you're being attacked. Wah! Wah! Wah! Quit your crying and belly aching and pull your big boy pants up and grow a couple for cryin' out loud.
By tecsan [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 02:21 other posts 
Do you really want me to do that bella! ? I think not, you done lost many times. Do I call you names? If so give me an example.
By tecsan [Ignore] 23,Jun,22 04:04 other posts 
Hey bella!, I figured it out. Good luck with you're endeavors.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3  

Show It Off