Using Just Your Hands!

Tired of ads
on this site?

*World Views*

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #39

Pages:  #1... #34   #35   #36   #37   #38   #39   #40   #41   #42   #43  

Started by mr_blue [Ignore] 21,Apr,15 11:21  other posts
What's poppin' where you are ? Care to share ?

Current events, rants and raves...general chit chat...politics..
Have a discussion

Anything bugging you,maybe the members could help you with your problem ?

New Comment       Rating: 3  

Comments:
By mr_blue [Ignore] 15,Sep,15 10:54 other posts 
Rugby union world cup starts this week...
--------------------------------------- added after 518 hours

England were shit...

By #485312 24,Aug,15 06:55
lm a bit pissed they bombed an ancient temple today, l don't believe in religion or that cult behaviour, but to wreck such an old piece of architecture that has stood the test of time is a rotten act...it reminded me of when they blew up the ones in iran or Iraq a few years ago in the cliff face, and the destruction of museums and artifacts that can never be replaced... such needless acts of vandalism..bloody rotten scoundrels they are...*lix*
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Aug,15 08:42 other posts 
Me too! Assholes, barbarians. Religion is a pile of shit. All religions. The Palmyra area is one of the most important sites of the ancient world. I have a friend who worked on these things, including doing her dissertation and field work, for 15 years. He's devastated. Christians used to do the same things and, actually, much worse in the early days. But the current fucking idiots won't stop.
You're referring to the Buddha of Bamiyan only registered users can see external links . Yes, that was destroyed by the taliban asses. The destruction of Palmyra, however, is much much worse. As they tell me, Palmyra is one of the most significant sites in the world.
By #485312 25,Aug,15 02:38
yes that's the ones, words just aren't enough to express the disgust at those wretches...l can understand your friends devastation...yes religion causes most the worlds humanly made disasters, biggest pack of brain washing thieves the planet has ever seen...theres a dude called derrin brown l think his name is, does some tricks explaining how its mass hypnosis and the phycology behind it..just plain slight of hand with the mind...love how he explains ghosts too for the believers, bit like pro wrestling with the dead *lix*

By mr_blue [Ignore] 03,Aug,15 12:49 other posts 
The Dunning-Kruger occurs when incompetent people,not only fail to realise their incompetence,but consider themselves much more competent than everyone else....

Confident stupid people hey !!!!!!! but they don't know they are stupid...
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Aug,15 08:44 other posts 
Very true!! Dunning-Kruger says that almost all incompetent people fail to recognize their incompetence. It also says that competent people fail to recognize the incompetence of others.
By #485312 24,Aug,15 09:24
he sounds like a dude that didn't get much sex or extra bedroom activity.. *lix*

By mr_blue [Ignore] 07,Aug,15 07:24 other posts 
Why comment about being polite,then call someone a bitch for not replying ?
By #485312 07,Aug,15 07:31
they might of meant 'biatch' in a nice way, just blow them a kiss and they might blow you one back *lix*
By mr_blue [Ignore] 07,Aug,15 07:36 other posts 
Fuck knows, I just thought it was funny,that someone wants to be polite,then calls someone a bitch for not replying..

By mr_blue [Ignore] 25,Jul,15 20:10 other posts 
Nice improvement admin..
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Jul,15 01:15 other posts 
???
Did I miss something?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 26,Jul,15 18:08 other posts 

By Gntlmn [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 21:42 other posts 
"Americans are stupid" _Gaston Glock

By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Apr,15 09:57 other posts 
Here's something that has bugged me for a while...

Some Americans and the love for guns...I just don't get it.

Can someone try to explain why you would need a gun ?
For hunting/sport I can understand to an extent.
By #358797 23,Apr,15 16:26
Us rednecks love us some guns. Lol.
I can't explain it, maybe it's cuz of the second amendment, maybe we're just power hungry assholes and enjoy having a weapon to flash when things go down... In the area I'm in, almost everyone has guns... And a membership to the NRA. Hell, my grandma has an assault rifle... Makes my little rifle seem kinda wimpy.
By #132188 23,Apr,15 18:31
i guess its like the old saying... Dont bring a knife to a gun fight lol. And dont mean to hijack this thread but how's my panties going
By #358797 23,Apr,15 20:45
I did buy the lace ones. I'll model em for ya after I'm done cleaning my pistol. Lmao.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 29,Apr,15 15:59 other posts 
Don't bring a gun to a drone fight...
By Fritz [Ignore] 23,Apr,15 20:17 other posts 
Because the weapon Producers have good Marketing strategies (with a weapon you can protect your Family!!!!) and the weapon Lobby has infiltrated the Republicans, so it is a no brainer to sell weapons to Americans.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Apr,15 06:37 other posts 
Depending on where one lives, they may need a gun. Nevertheless, one should be very responsible when they own a weapon. How many tragedies have occurred by letting young ones have access to guns?
By #474251 26,Apr,15 18:20
They have mass shootings in schools every year, and the Texas local government decided that more guns was the perfect answer... 'facepalms'
By #451452 18,May,15 02:23
Chicago has the most onerous gun control laws and also has the highest gun related death rate. Since there are so many illegally owned guns disarming honest people doesn't make them safer. The guns are not the problem it is the breakdown in the social structure that makes guns significant,
By #481583 29,Apr,15 21:35
Alexblue have you ever shot a gun?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 30,Apr,15 07:01 other posts 
Why ? Doesn't change my original question...
I asked if someone could explain why you would need a gun ?
By #484429 30,Apr,15 14:04
The reason for "need" of one, can, sometimes, be no different than the reason for Mace or a Taser, even a knife. Some of us have to protect ourselves within the societies in which we live (I purchased my first one when I had to walk home after my drag performances back in the day Neo-Nazis were killing people in my neighborhood). Don't get me wrong; I agree with both sides (to a degree). Honestly, it's a difficult question to answer. The BASEST answer is, true, NO ONE "needs" a gun. I have just as much fun with archery and throwing darts/shooting pool in a Pub. Unfortunately, the person that threatens anothers life, in the U.S., MOST LIKELY WILL have one, illegally. Furthermore, for many of us, the Police and Government are NOT on our side. All of my guns are registered, local, state, federal AND with the manufacturer. They are ALL locked and kept safe. NO **** have access. There comes a point when people need to be responsible. Personally, I'd feel as responsible for a crime committed by one of my guns as I would if a criminal stole one of my kitchen knives (i.e.; VERY). I do my very best to keep everything safely locked away. But a criminal is a criminal no matter what. And NO responsible parent would EVER let their **** know there is a gun in the house, let alone give them the access to it.

Intriguing question and thread. I enjoy seeing intelligent discussion here.
By #451452 18,May,15 02:34
When we were a country of hunters and gatherers everybody who wanted to eat had a gun to get food and to protect themselves from the unsociable wild ****. Guns were necessary for survival. In places like Alaska and parts of the lower 48 states guns are still necessary for self protection. Criminals have guns for intimidation and for doing deadly harm. Since it is **** for a convicted felon to own a fire arm, the only guns that criminals have are ****. The social part is the lack of respect for other people's lives and property. Add to that the fact that many of the criminals are using drugs you now have someone who may not be capable of rational thought with a deadly weapon who wants what you have. In that match up I want a gun to protect myself and my loved ones. Experience has shown that gun control laws do not reduce the number of shootings. In fact strict gun control usually equals higher shooting rates. By declaring a place to be a gun free zone you announce to the criminal element that they can enter safely, without fear of being shot back at.
By big9inch21 [Ignore] 01,May,15 21:44 other posts 
only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 01,May,15 22:48 other posts 
Hey, thanks for posting that. If anyone had doubts in their mind about Americans being gun toting lunatics, this should settle the matter.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 07,May,15 10:14 other posts 
By #7976 03,May,15 00:09
Wow... what a great question although it rather takes the bloom off the rose sexually, so to speak.

REASON 1. Unless you've lived in the western States you can't really understand the vastness of open space in which we live in the US. There are places where there are no phones, no cops, no fire departments, and absolutely no other way to protect oneself. The Sheriffs in those areas will tell you to arm and protect yourself.

REASON 2. Then there are the cities. Even though there are Policing agencies in major cities it's hard to find a cop when you need them. If someone is breaking into your home it's already too late by the time the authorities arrive and if the intruder has ill intent beyond stealing your belongings you may also be raped, beaten, or dead.

REASON 3. Once upon a time in a land very close to you, there was intense religious, social, and economic suppression. People from Britons Isles along with many other Europeans fled to the Americas to be free from this tyranny. Sadly, it followed them here and in time the repression lead the colonists to rebel. The rest is history but the salient point here is that "We the People" were determined never again to be unarmed fodder for tyrannic Government so the 2nd. Amendment to the Constitution gave Americans the Right to Bear Arms. If for no other reason, this is why every able American should, and may be armed.

REASON 4. By the time of the Revolutionary War, or the American Insurrection as it's known to those across the pond, guns were the principle means of combat replacing swords and other hand to hand combat weapons. The were technologically advanced so that everyone here used them to put food on the table. To this day, Americans are a hunting culture and weapons are a necessary tool to bring home the bacon so to speak.

REASON 5. In England a very popular sport is air gun competition. We too love the science of calculating the trajectory of a projectile and finding the physical prowess to master a weapon. Because we can, we typically shoot larger calibers over longer distances so our weapons are more powerful weapon. I spend several hours a month shooting at targets over 800 yards distant which is a truly rewarding sport.

REASON 6. In my case, I hunted for our food when growing up. Later, I hunted enemies in South East Asia. And now, I'm in personal security and carry a weapon for defensive purposes.

REASON 7. Several times in my life... my life, liberty, security, and those of my family and friends have been threatened by armed idiots. I can truly say that my weapons have saved my life and that of others. In one case I was able to stop the trouble without unholstering my pistol but without it I would have been nothing but a victim. In others I was able to resolve the conflict by letting them know I was armed and willing to defend myself and that my resolve was greater than theirs. And when necessary, my gun has truly ended a deadly situation where others and myself were targeted to die.

REASON 8. I have a beautiful wife, daughters, and granddaughter so there's a lot of desire to keep them protected and to be there for them long into the future. This is perhaps the best, and only reason I need to be armed.

So, Family safety, National Defense, Freedom from Tyranny, putting food on the table, and the defense of hearth, home, and for those who can't defend themselves... What could be better reasons for owning and being proficient with a gun.

Here's hoping this helps.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 06,May,15 13:19 other posts 
I've read this a few times...

Thanks for giving you view on this....I am not in a country that has a gun culture like America..

Having/owning a gun is just an alien concept to me..

You give a few reasons for having one...
But to me they basically breakdown into 'personal protection',whether that be to defend your friends,family co-workers etc. from whatever f0rce you see as attacking you(tyranny.etc)
'Hunting and sport'...

I still don't understand the gun culture,if I ever live in the States maybe that would change? I don't know!

Having the right to bear arms is fair enough,but I do think that there could be more restrictions on the sale of guns tbh...or am I naïve ?,it seems that every other day there are national news stories of innocent people being shot in America....something has to change to halt this surely!?? maybe there should be some bullet/ammo control instead ?

Or make guns expensive ?....like I said,it is just alien to me, the gun culture...
I've read your points, BushPilot, but I'm not convinced. But do you think America is in danger from tyrannical governments? Isn't that what your armed forces are for? Some people may argue that the American government is tyrannical.

By the way, how did you end up in several situations where your life etc... was threatened by armed idiots? Was it was while you were working?
I can understand why people might want, but not need, a hunting rifle, shotgun, or pistol. But an automatic / semi automatic? I don't understand. The British and indigenous population are no longer a threat, so the need for guns is a lot less than it was.
By bella! [Ignore] 06,May,15 18:33 other posts 
Although I live 50 miles north of Detroit, I travel to work in Detroit and have coworkers and friends that reside in Detroit. The kickbacks affiliated with bribes wasn't enough for the politicians they ripped off the residents and much of the budget/money was illegally used and/or redirected inappropriately. To add salt to the wounds of a city in trouble, more money was used to defend the crooked politicians. Yes, Detroit is in decay and it is going to take many more years for this city to make a comeback. As ANY city, Detroit has a problem with dr.ugs and crime but due to the fiscal problem, many services were cut or severely scaled back, i.e., there aren't enough police to patrol the streets.

What about the people that live in this city? When their homes are being broken into, shouldn't they have the right to defend themselves and/or their property? If the residents relied upon the police, I'm not sure what the outcome would be.
By andrew999999999 [Ignore] 08,May,15 16:34 other posts 
Believe it or not, we have crime in this country too. And other countries have too. The fact that people break into peoples homes shows that these people aren't worried about the fact that the home owners may be armed. They'll just wait until they're out before they break in, or bring a gun too. There are other ways of defending your home without guns.
By bella! [Ignore] 09,May,15 02:07 other posts 
Whew! I'm relieved to hear that there is crime elsewhere in the world!

You mention that there are other ways to defend ones home without the use of a gun. I am an American that does not own a gun and I'm also single woman, please share with me how I can go about defending my home as well as myself in the event of an armed home invasion.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 09,May,15 08:36 other posts 
What should you do if you don’t own a gun? There is no easy answer to that question but here are some safety tips:

1. Invest in an alarm system.The worst thing in the world is to wake up with a stranger in your home pointing a gun at you. I would rather see them coming. Even if you can’t afford an expensive alarm system there are wireless sensors, door/window alarms that you can purchase for under $10 that will make a loud noise. In most cases the noise will deter the burglar or at least give you a chance to react.
2.Always keep your cell phone in the room that you sl33p in. Why? Because if you hear something or your alarm sounds you can call the police without searching for your phone. It is best to use your cell phone because a burglar could cut your power line or your phone line before entering your home.
3.Have an escape plan. Remember one advantage you have over an intruder is that you know your home better than them. You should be able to navigate your home in the dark, if you don’t know how to do it now then practice. You should have a place to go in your home that has a door that can lock from the inside. Once you locate your phone, go to that place. As you are calling the police press your body against the door to keep the intruder out. Remember the objective is to survive not save your belongings. Remember to teach your ch!ldren and any other members of your household the plan.
4.Keep pepper spray or any other weapons by your bed. If you don’t have time to react, you can use these items to defend yourself. Remember if they have a gun and you don’t then they have an advantage over you so, you any opportunity you have to get away from them, use it.

In conclusion, these tips are only good if you remember them and start preparing now to use them.

These and more tips can be found in The Busy Woman’s Pocket Guide to Safety, only registered users can see external links
Get a big dog. Or make your home more secure.
By bella! [Ignore] 16,May,15 02:09 other posts 
A big dog and making the home more secure is how your countrymen fight crime? Surely you jest!
By andrew999999999 [Ignore] 16,May,15 15:55 other posts 
No, we have the police for that. But if you make it as difficult as possible for someone to break into your home, then the chances are they won't break in. So you won't need a gun.
By bella! [Ignore] 16,May,15 16:26 other posts 
With all sincerity, I'm having difficulty realizing how a homeowner is able to make it difficult for a home invasion. I have seen people who place bars over windows and doors, people that install security "awnings" that can cover windows, motion detectors used in conjunction with outside flood lights and indoor alarms. In my opinion, other than the outside lighting, this is not living!

Perhaps I am naive, I don't believe anyone, anywhere should feel they are safe from crime. I can only speak about the States, there's unemployment as well as the use of ill.egal d.rugs that make many people vulnerable and a possible target.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 16,May,15 01:45 other posts 
only registered users can see external links
By #451452 18,May,15 02:49
You have offered a myriad of wonderful ideas for protecting yourself in your home. You have missed how you protect yourself when you are putting fuel in your car and someone carjacks you with a gun or other weapon. I will say this again, all of the evidence points to the fact that gun control in any form does not reduce the number of shooting crimes. Part of the gun control issue is that registering your guns now puts you on a list that gives the government a head start on rounding up guns. This has occurred in several country countries and the result was a citizenry that could not defend itself from criminals or the government. Proper gun usage education, which used to be taught in many middle level grades in this country, can make ch1ldren aware of the danger involved in using guns. In addition proper respect for guns coupled with gun handling knowledge and practice can make them as safe as practical. Since all deaths are created equal, look at the traffic fatalities and tell me how to solve that problem without taking all motor vehicles off the road.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 18:02 other posts 
Motor vehicles are not designed to k!ll people!!!!!

If someone pulled a gun on me in a gas/petrol station, I would punch the idiot wtf are they going to do if I cover the guy in gas....nothing...if he fires his weapon we all go.....fffing guns wouldn't protect me...

I guess I can't get my head around the fact that people like to carry things that can end someone's l!fe in an instant or moment of bad judgement....
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 19:19 other posts 
Are you certain your punching arm will be faster than the assailant's trigger finger?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 19:37 other posts 
So firing a gun in a gas station while I am holding the filler nozzle leaking,is a good idea then ? FFING HELL....

I don't have to worry about some nutjob with a gun holding me up....I am in the UK... So from where I am gun laws work....
By #492341 27,Jun,15 19:28
bella is right,if you tried that,you would most likely wounded or dead and then we all would be sad.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 19:40 other posts 
I am dead when I am dead.....but as I said,shooting a gun around gasoline is such a great idea we would all go up...so a gun wouldn't protect me in that situation....
By #492341 27,Jun,15 20:14
That is a bad tactic and you know it,you don't put yourself at greater risk and then get pistol whipped if you still think the gas is a good idea then you are standing to close to the fumes.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 27,Jun,15 20:25 other posts 
How is it a bad tactic ?....pistol whipped all I would be doing is making the person trying to rob me,make that decision....we all go or we don't.....

It would be my choice,and you are naïve to think that gasoline pouring everywhere is a bad tactic....my choice to do it,if some fuckwad wants to try it on so be it...but that's the thing with guns they make people do stupid things....so if an idiot was trying to rob me in a gas station that's what I could do....if I had a gun and shot him, I would likely go up anyway....

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #34   #35   #36   #37   #38   #39   #40   #41   #42   #43  

Show It Off