Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Gun **** in America

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #2

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5  

Started by leopoldij [Ignore] 07,Oct,15 19:27  other posts
So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the US. According to research by Politifact, there were about 1.4 million firearm deaths in that period, compared with 1.2 million US deaths in every conflict from the Revolutionary War to Iraq.

It is true that gun ownership is in the US constitution and it is true that most people argue that guns are not the problem. The problem is those who use the guns irresponsibly. If 1.4 million deaths occurred by, say, a million people in the US, what does it take to make those people responsible gun owners?

New Comment       Rating: 2  

Comments:
By #562152 13,Sep,18 22:36
only registered users can see external links

the gun was innocent,,,the man did all the killing,,,

By #562152 13,Sep,18 22:29

By leopoldij [Ignore] 13,Sep,18 18:01 other posts 
Gunman killed 5 in California before taking his own life, police say.

Let me clarify this using the "logic" of American gun lovers. It's the fault of the victims that they were killed. If they were carrying bazookas 24/7 and were trained to shoot any time they felt threat this wouldn't have happened. Well, they could have killed others too, but it doesn't matter. The point is that guns save lives. When there's a killing by guns people should buy more guns for themselves and their families. A fully armed population doesn't have to fear anything.

By #541363 13,Sep,18 15:54
We have gunlaws and i am very pleased by it.
1 shooting in 73 year is not a bad average.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 13,Sep,18 17:53 other posts 
Sure. We're talking about primitive societies with medieval gun laws. Holland is not one of them.

By #563965 05,Sep,18 19:50
What I don't understand is the obsession with the 5th amendment and not wanting to change it even by definition it I'd something that was already changed so why are people so opposed to it being changed again?
By leopoldij [Ignore] 05,Sep,18 20:18 other posts 
The reason is very simple (I mentioned it below). Because clinging to this article of their constitution is simply a religious act. There no way on earth that you can change the books of religious people even even they promote hatr.ed and death.
By #563965 06,Sep,18 11:04
I've never really thought, nor has it ever seemed to me to be a religious thing, more of a patriotic, right wing, paranoid thing
By leopoldij [Ignore] 06,Sep,18 12:08 other posts 
It IS religious, secular religion to be sure, but it is religion in the sense that it is absurd. In fact, it is also linked to actual religion. As you probably know, at least 35% of Americans have medieval beliefs, e.g. that th he Earth is 6000 years old only. These beliefs are dictated by religion, a kind of Christian fundamentalism that is unique to the States. There is a huge correlation between this religion and gun ownership. Many of them go to their churches armed with guns. I'm not joking. It's hard for you to believe this is possible, you live in a modern society in Europe, but it's true!
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

There are, of course, enlightened Americans too. TWOWARMTTS, is a bright example. She is never influenced by the status quo and is always able to think independently.
By #562152 12,Sep,18 10:36
LORD

It's late today , or maybe early tomorrow. I don't know. I'm listening to George Harrison sing My Sweet Lord and started to think. I may ramble. The Tito's Handmade Vodka is good. But, to get back to good old George, he sang his Sweet Lord. Is that Jesus? Some other Lord? Who can tell me. And, while we are at it, does a sweet Lord exist? I don't know. There's so much killing, maiming, and injustice in this world, how can He be and let it happen. The history of this world is fraught with the countless souls that died because of His religion. Take your pick witch one. Old George really wanted to see him, really wanted to know him. Why? If He was there and he cared wouldn't he have arrived already? How long, how many more must perish or be maimed in the name of this aberration in the human psychy.
By erekoses [Ignore] 06,Sep,18 11:54 other posts 
Sorry to interrupt but I don't see any wrong with the 5th amendment. That protect someone from double jeporady.
By #563965 06,Sep,18 12:31
Hahaha, lol, oops, well we are Brits, excuse us
By #562152 12,Sep,18 10:05
is our 2 your 5??? Now I know what "two nations divided by a common language" means,,

By leopoldij [Ignore] 01,Sep,18 14:39 other posts 
Number of civilian owned guns worldwide: 650 million

Percentage of those owned by Americans: 48%

Population of the US as a percentage of the Earth population: 5%

Mass shootings in the US as a percentage of all mass shootings on Earth: 31%

Number of times homicide rates in the US exceed those in other high-income countries: 25 times

Number of times gun-related suicides exceed those in other high-income countries: 8 times

Are US law-enf0rcement agencies required to report on gun killings by police? No

Countries with most guns (Number of guns per 100 citizens)
US: 89
Yemen: 55
Switzerland: 46
Finland: 45
Serbia: 38
Cyprus: 36
Saudi Arabia: 35
Iraq: 34
Uruguay: 32
Sweden: 32
By #562152 05,Sep,18 11:30
Well said, lover,,
By leopoldij [Ignore] 05,Sep,18 14:05 other posts 
Thank You for all the arguments above. But I'm afraid it's virtually impossible to argue with religious guys like godzilla and phart.

Maybe I don't understand American culture as much as you do, but I have met dozens of Americans who have the same point of vie as yours: that the warzone that has been created by the gun religion ought to seize to exist. And there are two ways for this to happen: either educate or wait in until America collapses.
By #562152 05,Sep,18 15:47
I think you and I agree, religion is mankind's worst hangup and self-righteous zealots are the worst of our humanity. You understand a lot more than you give yourself credit for. This country has been at war with itself over guns for over 150 yrs. I am too young to have experienced the love revolution during the 60's. Make love not war, love your ****, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you are with. It's a shame it didn't take.

By leopoldij [Ignore] 01,Sep,18 14:15 other posts 

--------------------------------------- added after 95 hours

The reports are revealing.

By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 05:27 other posts 
"Good guys". "Law abiding citizens". These are words that mostly Americans use.

It's totally naive to separate people into good and bad. Totally.
By Louis [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 08:31 other posts 
Your ignorance is showing. So there's no difference between good people and bad? You must be one of the bad ones trying to cover for your self. How ridiculous!
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 11:31 other posts 
WHO decides "good" vs. "bad"? The state?
Also, in america, religious people (and they happen to be millions and millions) are supposed to be "good", which is totally absurd.

Also, blind obeying to a law, a law that has been instituted by someone with dubious credentials and purposes is not ethical. Lawmakers are often act selfishly and laws are being passed to protect the financial interests of the ones in power. Obeying a law is not very strongly correlated to being good.

There are many people who've gone to prison who are much better human beings than those who run a country.
By Louis [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 15:23 other posts 
Morals decide between good and bad. Deeds decide between good and bad. To lump all people together like that is nonsense and very narrow minded.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 15:25 other posts 
Who decides on morals? the government?
By Louis [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 15:42 other posts 
The answer is obvious. Does a rapist have morals? No, does a good family man have morals? Yes, morals are a personal thing. If you don't know that, I feel sorry for you.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 17:43 other posts 
Oh, don't feel sorry. You're only saying this because you can't define morals.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 17:56 other posts 
Well gee wiz,dumb as I am I know that having morals is having a mindset of treating others as I wish to be treated and so forth.But to help out here,I googled it.
mor·al
ˈmôrəl/
noun
plural noun: morals

a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.

Now,taking the Bible out of the picture,Which even for a Atheist should be a sensible source of "story's" to derive a code of life from ,are we supposed to derive a quality standard of living from a Dr Seuss book?

Let me ask you a question or 2 Leopold.
Would you steal or kill or slander a neighbor? I seriously doubt you do or have. So,with that in mind, where did you learn not to do those things from? Where did your code of life or "morals" as we call them,come from?
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 18:21 other posts 
They come from a very simple principle: never cause harm. This has nothing to do with shitty concepts such religion.
No, I haven't killed and do not own a bazooka or gun, for this reason.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 19:56 other posts 
And the principle was derived from?
I didn't think you had committed harm,just was setting the example. Making progress now towards understanding your thinking and where your ideas come from. Just gota figure out how that principle was founded,the roots of it so to speak.
Once people begin to understand each others beliefs and where they came from,it makes it easier to find common ground.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 21:14 other posts 
It doesn't have to come from somewhere. It's probably part of being an animal feeling the me to be in harmony with other an1mals.
--------------------------------------- added after 93 seconds

Funny! The word animal (singular) is not censored but an1mals (plural) is.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 23:38 other posts 
I appreciate your not taking my question offensively. I am just trying to grasp something that is totally out of my realm of understanding.So far I have understood that a atheist is not bound to be a killer or a thief because he didn't hear the 10 commandments. So you are thinking animal instinct guides us? So where did the violent nature come from in some folks that do all the terrible things? Rabies? Which sadly is getting bad around here in anima1s.
By Louis [Ignore] 29,Aug,18 07:18 other posts 
Since you're an obvious authority on every topic under the sun, I'm through with this. Have a good life.
By phart [Ignore] 29,Aug,18 12:20 other posts 
naw naw,both sides need to keep discussing this until a general understanding is achieved,I will say,it will be a long journey!
By leopoldij [Ignore] 30,Aug,18 01:52 other posts 
Despite that I disagree with you in many things I like you because you're good sport. And a decent guy.
By phart [Ignore] 30,Aug,18 09:59 other posts 
Well thanks! I don't mind a good discussion once in a while and frankly you aint a bad fellow yourself!
Each of us has different life experiences and that is what molds us and directs our future. sadly some of us have had some purty tuff spots to muddle our way thru and it leaves us a bit callused.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 30,Aug,18 11:42 other posts 
And we are each talking taking into account our environment. In most places in Europe we don't need guns because hardly anyone around has guns. It's much safer to be in such an environment. I understand that in most places in the US most people are armed from top to bottom and thus people feel unsafe. Besides, if your neighbour has a kalashnikov or something then you feel you need to have an uzi or a bazooka. That's why so many people have these weapons of mass killings in the US. But I think that neither you nor me have ever had the inclination to go shoot people en masse. I prefer a cold beer.
By phart [Ignore] 30,Aug,18 20:04 other posts 
Regardless of what the neighbor has that is a problem,long as the other neighbor keeps the backhoe running!

By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 12:49 other posts 
Oh yea, the latest florida shooting, I copied this from a news report,

Katz was hospitalized twice as a teenager for mental illness and prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications, the Baltimore Sun reported, citing his parents' divorce filings.

The fellow was upset that he lost a game for crying out loud.At least he saved the tax payers alot of money taking himself out.Saved alot of paper work for the l@w enfor@ment to.
The victims were in their 20's! And still playing video GAMES? Sheesh, video games are for kids!
By JustWill [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 16:15 other posts 
"Video games are for kids!"
So---it's okay that some deranged psycho with a gun killed them?
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 20:31 other posts 
Oh hell no,that aint what I meant by that.Sorry it came across that way.It is just shocking to me that they were that old and still playing games.
By JustWill [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 22:38 other posts 
Okay, I get it. Grownups aren't supposed to play. Once you hit a certain age, you're only supposed to work and then stare at the walls until you fall asleep.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 23:34 other posts 
Playing for grown ups is a boat on the lake on saturday or a weekend in the mountains hiking. Geez.

By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 11:39 other posts 
It's interesting to see how many people take this thread so passionately and are upset by it. I posted it as an experiment: to see what kind of reactions people would have. To me, love for something whose purpose it to kill is weird. Arguments such as "cars kill too" are silly, because the primary purpose of a car it transportation, whereas the only purpose of a gun is to wound or kill.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 12:46 other posts 
The other purpose you forget is to defend.
If you are hiking in the mountains and a bear comes along ready to pounce on you. Would you rather have a big stick, or a piece of beef jerky,or maby a gun?
What is the primary purpose of a truck? To move things.But it can still be used as a tool for killing.So to miss the point people are trying to make is kinda silly as well.
How many people use a screw driver for prying something? Alot of folks.But it is really only for SCREWING! But missuse is still rampant.
The old joke I have heard for years was if you go into the woods where bears are,take a 22 caliber pistol and someone you don't like. If a bear chases you, shoot the ahole in the shin and then all you have to do is outrun him!
By leopoldij [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 13:54 other posts 
What's the percentage of gun owners who have guns in order to protect themselves from bears? I doubt that it is a significant one in, say, Houston.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Aug,18 17:45 other posts 
Actually,and sadly, there is a couple that have been sighted less than a mile from my home here on the east coast. 1 large and 1 small 1. Flooding is said to be how they got this far down from the mountains. A couple black panthers,The CAT type ,have also been spotted. Thank God my neighbors hunted down and killed the herd of wild hogs that chased me thru the back yard a few years back. And trust me,it took a large caliber to kill those hard headed bastards.
By #563485 28,Aug,18 16:46
Guns serve two social/political purposes.
1. Do what I say.
2. Hell no!

A third purpose is putting meat on the table

By #275407 24,Jul,18 17:25
I carry my gun everywhere I go /aonqse7a65mypic.html
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,18 19:47 other posts 
You can use it to masturbate too. Stick your cock in, hold it tight, and move it up and down, always keeping your finger at the trigger. When You're about to cum pull the trigger. That's according to the amendment of the constitution.
By #275407 24,Jul,18 20:52
It's to protect myself from assholes like you, so I don't have to dirty my hands
By #559941 26,Aug,18 14:11
If they have a gun you must use a gun.. Use a cannon if you need to..
By #275407 27,Aug,18 00:07
I hope I never have to shoot my weapon, but if my life is in danger from someone trying to shoot me or knife me, I'm shooting to kill.
By #562152 24,Jul,18 19:51
Why? You don’t have the balls to defend your honor with fists? You need 5-6 lbs of iron to prove you are a man?
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Jul,18 19:54 other posts 
Evidently.
By #275407 24,Jul,18 20:51
You mean like you getting fucked by thousands of men proving your a womem

My job calls for me to carry a weapon where ever I go
By #460385 24,Jul,18 21:25
Cody, don't waste your time. It's an endless effort with them.
By #562152 25,Jul,18 08:10
I'm a woman and can prove it,,the 1000 men is for pleasure. If you HAVE to carry that is different and I apologize
By #460385 24,Jul,18 21:29
That would be awesome. But here in South Florida not everyone will play fair. A good ole Street fight would be the old way. Now you get shot. So like Cody said, we carry to protect ourselves and families from those people.
By #275407 24,Jul,18 21:41
Your right countrycouple, just like the guy and his one year old son that got shot today just coming out of his house, at least the one year old survived
By #562152 25,Jul,18 09:01
I can't make an argument against that. I grew up in south florida and my kids and grandchildren live there.I know that in any given moment, an argument could start and a gun could be drawn. Both of my **** are gun free as they don't feel comfortable having them in the house. My daughter's in laws have several guns and my daughter in law's family have a small arsenal. On any given day, you hear where there was a domestic disturbance with guns in a restaurant or other business in Hialeah, and a bunch of patrons, not related to the arguing couple, bring out their guns and start shooting. Same happens in Liberty city, Dania,Miami Lakes, almost all other areas. So, ok, carry your guns for "protection" but, what if only long barreled, small magazined, guns were legal. What if concealed weapons were outlawed. What if displaying a gun in public got you a 2 yr sentence in the local lockup? Don't you think this would cut down on murders??? I believe that it would. And i'm supported by the statistics of Australia, and other nations that outlawed guns. Am i naive enough to believe it's the solution? NO!!!! but For every shooting that would still happen at the many "Marjory Stoneman Douglasses" of this country, Many other posibble shootings would be prevented. I can say any more that would convince you, but, as a reasonably intelligent person, doesn't this argument have some merit???
--------------------------------------- added after 40 seconds

*****=K I D S
By #460385 25,Jul,18 09:30
I am a normal intelligent person that is why I carry a gun. As for your suggestion per the punishment. There is in the state of Florida. To display a gun can get you 1 year in jail. To display it during a crime gets you 10 years. To fire it during a crime gets you 20 years. To shoot someone during a crime can get you life in prison.
By #562152 25,Jul,18 14:13
My son chuck lives in Central Florida, across from the Ocala National Forest. Every friday, saturday and holiday his neighbors shoot everything from handguns to AR15's or something similar. The cops say they are "good old boys" having some fun and they protect the neighborhood. So far they were able to protect my son and his neighbors from 3 houses, 10 cars,,,hundredths of traffic signs and beer cans and a poor black mama bear. As my son says,,"Mom, I really feel protected"
By #559941 26,Aug,18 14:10
So what you are saying is that it is ok for crooks and murderers to have guns i l l egally but not ok for good people to own guns L e gally.... I'm sorry,,, I just really didn't know how smart you were maam..
By #562152 27,Aug,18 07:51
Well, if that's the case, we can deport them to Puerto Rico
By #502711 25,Jul,18 08:17
I personally wouldn't want to bring just my fists to a gun fight. Some people think that good people carrying guns might prevent someone from carrying out a shooting spree. I seen a video the other day where a guy tried to rob a woman with kids at gun point. She had a concealed handgun on her & she shot & killed the guy right there & then.
By #562152 25,Jul,18 09:35
I don't think anyone would. if you read what i just posted, i agree with you, but, a life was lost in your story, is that something to cheer about? We don't want abortions to save a life but it's a good thing to kill otherwise? What if the guy had been faster and killed her and her kids? Your point of view would have been the same? How many times do we hear that someone was killed even though they had a gun for protection? No one bothers to seek out those stories. The truth of the matter is that people in this country have a romantic view of guns and they are desperately trying to argue the good points.
By #502711 25,Jul,18 19:48
One less scum bag in the world doesn't make me lose sl.eep at night. Of course the crook might have gotten the upper hand & shot them, but most of the time criminals pick on these kinds of people because they look like a weak target. What if he robbed them & then killed them? Sometimes you shouldn't take that chance if you have an option. In Australia, we have strict gun laws, but crims still manage to get their hands on them & shoot places up. A couple of years ago some k.id a shootout with the cops outside of the police station. He was killed & didn't manage to hurt anyone. But the point is, criminals will always find a way, while civilians are unarmed & become easy prey.
By phart [Ignore] 25,Jul,18 13:51 other posts 
A negative spin is always put on the stories of people protecting themselves and their family's with a gun.
Yes the crook died. But the k1ds have a new lease on life and has a mother.Life has value.I would place a higher value on the mother and k1ds than I would on the piece of manure trying to steal from them and threaten to harm them.
By #562152 25,Jul,18 14:04

On average there are nearly 13,000 gun homicides a year in the U.S.View annual gun homicides in the US

For every one person killed with guns, two more are injured.

The number of Americans injured with firearms dwarfs the number who are killed, although data to measure non-fatal shootings are less reliable. The CDC’s National Electronic Injury Surveillance System estimates the number of annual non-fatal firearm injuries based on reports from a sample of hospital emergency departments: over the last five years, there were more than 200 non-fatal firearm injuries each day.3 View data on non-fatal firearm injuries Nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of firearm deaths in the U.S. are suicides. Of the 175,703 firearm deaths in the US from 2012 to 2016 (the most recent five years of data available), 108,183 (or 62 percent) were suicides. To calculate this total,everytown relies on CDC data regarding fatal injury by intent.4
View more information about firearm fatalities by intent in the US Seven **** and teens (age 19 or under) are killed with guns in the U.S. on an average day.
Rates of firearm injury death increase rapidly after age 12. And unintentional shootings of **** and teens are under reported in the CDC data, possibly because of the difficulty of characterizing a ****’s intent after he or she has killed himself or a playmate with a firearm. Every town tracks unintentional shootings involving ****, which occur every 34 hours, on average. 5 View CDC data on **** and teens killed with guns In an average month, 50 women are shot to death by intimate partners in the U.S.And more than half of all women killed by intimate partners in the U.S. are killed with guns.6 View data on gun homicides of women by a current or former intimate partner America’s gun homicide rate is more than 25 times the average of other high-income countries.An analysis of gun homicide rates in developed countries— those considered “high-income” by the World Bank — found that the United States accounted for 46 percent of the population but 82 percent of the gun deaths.7 View more on how the US gun homicide rate compares with that of other developed countries Background checks are a central component of America's efforts to keep guns from criminals: since their inception, they have blocked over 3 million gun sales to prohibited purchasers.According to a study by the Department of Justice, between 1994 and 2014, federal, state, and local agencies conducted background checks on more than 180 million firearm applications and denied 2.82 million gun sales to prohibited purchasers. To date, the background check system has blocked over 3 million firearm sales to prohibited purchasers.8 Black men are 13 times more likely than non-hispanic white men to be shot and killed with guns.Black Americans make up 14 percent of the U.S. population but are victims of more than half of all gun homicides.10 View more on gun homicides and race in America When a gun is present in a situation of domestic ****, it increases the risk the woman will be killed five fold.A case-control study of 11 cities found that in a domestic **** situation, the perpetrator’s access to a gun increased the odds of femicide by more than five times (adjust OR=5.44, 95% CI = 2.89, 10.22).11

Note on Data Sources

Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the FBI collect data on firearm homicides — the former from medical examiners and the latter from local ****. Each data set has distinct advantages and flaws. The CDC’s National Vital Statistics System records a higher percentage of all firearm deaths but fails to capture details about their circumstances, including the relationship of the perpetrator to the victim. This makes it unsuitable for measuring gun **** between people of certain relationships.

In contrast, the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports (SHR) include details on the perpetrator and weapon but are more likely to be missing records because the FBI relies on police departments to voluntarily submit their homicide data on an annual basis. Despite these gaps, SHR data are utilized widely in the criminology community. The SHR do not include data from the state of Florida. Everytown obtained data directly from the Florida Department of ****. Women killed by former dating partners (as opposed to current dating partners) are not categorized in the Florida data and are not included.12

There it is,,The CDC an arm of the Federal government, not "fake news" and the FBI, also a part of the Federal government, put out these studies,,,the bottom line is that gun **** occurs because there are guns,,,if the problem had been knives we might be talking about limiting knives. If this doesn't make sense to you then, as Country Couple said, "Cody, don't waste your time. It's an endless effort with them.",,,,
By #502711 25,Jul,18 19:57
Fuckin' A
By phart [Ignore] 26,Jul,18 10:21 other posts 
This damned thread thing is not working right.
BUT in response to Warm Tits about being a Man or not,

Some of us are not physically able to fight off a attacker and need the extra help to level the playing field.
A attacker has plenty of time to plan his actions and is equipped for the task at hand.And they usually are not alone. It is not a matter of proving I am a man.If all the hair on my chest and lack of boobs is not enough then let them wonder.
By #562152 26,Jul,18 15:22
Ok, friend, I do see your point. In Charlie's old country the men would carry a "facon". A short (24") sword slightly bigger than a Navy Seal knife. Very few tough men would fight when the facons came out

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5  

Show It Off