Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

DENNIS WATERMAN, R.I.P.

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Started by routemaster [Ignore] 09,May,22 06:37  other posts
People outside the UK might not have heard of Dennis Waterman but the actor was very well known here for many years. Sadly, he passed away yesterday (8.5.22) at his home in Spain at the age of 74. He began his career in the 60s in the 1967 film "Up the Junction" but it was in the 1970s that he achieved fame when he starred with John Thaw in the t.v. cop show "The Sweeney", probably the best British cop show of all time. He and John (as cops Carter and Regan) were a great team and it was a lot more hard-hitting than previous UK cops shows like "Z Cars" and "Dixon of Dock Green". (Sadly, John died, aged 60, in 2002). In the 80s, Dennis starred in the t.v. series "Minder" with George Cole where he went from being a cop to the wrong side of the law and in more recent times went back to being a cop again in "New Tricks" with Amanda Redman and James Bolam. He also starred on stage too, most recently as Alfred P. Dolittle, Eliza Dolittle's father in the Lerner and Loewe musical "My Fair Lady". Very unexpected to hear of his passing. R.I.P.

New Comment       Rating: 0