Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Tired of ads
on this site?

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

WORD OF THE DAY.....IN A SONG

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #8

Pages:  #1... #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   ...#565

Started by bella! [Ignore] 12,Jan,19 03:36  other posts
The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?

My first response was from Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!

Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".

Let's have some musical fun!

New Comment       Rating: 9  


Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 00:42 other posts 
The word for Thursday, August 27, PRETEND
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 03:20 other posts 
"The Grass Is Blue" - Dolly Parton


I've had to think up a way to survive
Since you said it's over, told me good-bye
I just can't make it, one day without you
Unless I pretend that the opposite's true

Rivers flow backwards
Valleys are high
Mountains are level
Truth is a lie
I'm perfectly fine
And I don't miss you
The sky is green
And the grass is blue

How much can a heart and a troubled mind take
Where is that fine line before it all breaks
Can one end their sorrow, just cross over it
And into that realm of insanity's bliss

There's snow in the tropics
There's ice on the sun
It's hot in the Arctic
And crying is fun
And I'm happy now
And I'm glad we're through
And the sky is green
And the grass is blue

And the rivers flow backwards
And my tears are dry
Swans hate the water
And eagles can't fly
But I'm alright now
Now that I'm over you
And the sky is green
And the grass is blue
And I don't love you
And the grass is blue
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 08:01 other posts 
Day #2 and another tribute to Dolly.
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 03:35 other posts  ⤴
"Turn The Page" - Bob Seger


On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha
You can listen to the engine moaning out its one-note song
You can think about the woman or the girl you knew the night before
But your thoughts will soon be wandering the way they always do
When you're riding sixteen hours and there's nothing there to do
And you don't feel much like riding, you just wish the trip was through

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page

Well, you walk into a restaurant all strung-out from the road
And you feel the eyes upon you as you're shaking off the cold
You pretend it doesn't bother you but you just want to explode
Most times you can't hear 'em talk, other times you can
All the same old clichés, "Is it woman? Is it man?"
And you always seem outnumbered so you don't dare make a stand

Oh, here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page

Out there in the spotlight you're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy you try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play
Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers ringing in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Ah, here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page

Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
There I go
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 08:00 other posts 
Grrrrrrrr……..
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 15:42 other posts 
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 04:28 other posts  ⤴
Solitaire - Carpenters


only registered users can see external links


There was a man
A lonely man
Who lost his love
Through his indifference

A heart that cared
That went unshared
Until it died
Within his silence

And solitare's the only game in town
And every road that takes him
Takes him down
And by himself it's easy to PRETEND
He'll never love again

And keeping to himself he plays the game
Without her love
It always ends the same
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire

A little hope
Goes up in smoke
Just how it goes
Goes without saying

There was a man
A lonely man
Who would command
The hand he's playing

And solitare's the only game in town
And every road that takes him
Takes him down
And by himself it's easy to pretend
He'll never love again

And keeping to himself he plays the game
Without her love
It always ends the same
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire

And solitare's the only game in town

And every road that takes him
Takes him down
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 04:30 other posts  ⤴
Heart of Rome - Elvis


only registered users can see external links


In a little while you're leaving
Starting on the journey home
Soon I'll be alone, the one who loves you
La la la la la, somewhere in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And PRETENDI'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
Suddenly the tears are falling
As we hear the whistle blow
Hold me very close before you leave me
La la la la la, somewhere in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And pretend I'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And pretend I'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 23:24 other posts 
The Temptations, SMILING FACES

Smiling faces sometimes PRETEND to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie, amen

Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth, uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

Beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
I'm telling you beware
Beware of the pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Jealousy (jealousy)
Misery (misery)
Envy I tell you, you can't see behind smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes they don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)

I'm telling you beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
Listen to me now, beware
Beware of that pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Your enemy won't do you no harm
Cause you'll know where he's coming from
Don't let the handshake and the smile fool ya
Take my advice I'm only try' to school ya
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 05:49 other posts  ⤴
The Great Pretender - Freddie Mercury

only registered users can see external links

Oh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Pretending I'm doing well (ooh ooh)
My need is such I PRETEND too much
I'm lonely but no one can tell

Oh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Adrift in a world of my own (ooh ooh)
I play the game but to my real shame
You've left me to dream all alone

Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal

Ooh Ooh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I'm not (you see)
I'm wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you're still around

Yeah ooh hoo
Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal

Oh yes I'm the great pretender
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I'm not you see
I'm wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you're
Pretending that you're still around
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 23:21 other posts 
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, TEARS OF A CLOWN

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

Now if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public
But when it comes down to fooling you
Now honey, that's quite a different subject

But don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression
Really, I'm sad
Oh, I'm sadder than sad
You're gone and I'm hurtin' so bad
Like a clown I PRETEND to be glad

Now there's some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around

Oh yeah, baby

Now if I appear to be carefree
It's only to camouflage my sadness
In order to shield my pride I've tried
To cover this hurt with a show of gladness

But don't let my show convince you
That I've been happy since you
Decided to go
Oh, I need you so
I'm hurt and I want you to know
But for others I put on a show

Oh, there's some sad things known to man
But there ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around, oh yeah

Just like Pagliacci did
I try to keep my sadness hid
Smiling in the public eye
But in my lonely room I cry
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around

Oh yeah, baby

Now if there's a smile on my face
Don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression
Don't let this smile I wear
Make you think that I don't care
Really, I'm sad
Hurtin' so bad
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 09:46 other posts  ⤴
Smells Like Teen Spirit ~ Nirvana

only registered users can see external links

Load up on guns, bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to PRETEND
She's over-bored, and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido, yeah
Hey, yey
I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift, I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido, yeah
Hey, yey
And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, never mind
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 23:18 other posts 
Bryan Adams, STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART

I could start dreamin' but it never ends
As long as you're gone we may as well PRETEND
I've been dreamin'
Straight from the heart

You say it's easy but who's to say
That we'd be able to keep it this way
But it's easier
Comin' straight from the heart

Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make another start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's comin' straight from the heart

I'll see you on the street some other time
And all our words would just fall out of line
While we're dreamin'
Straight from the heart

Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart

Don't ever leave me darling

Straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know

You give it to me now straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart

Give it to me oh no oh no straight from the heart
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart


By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 02:02 other posts 
The word for Wednesday, August 26 - GO
By Elderman [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 02:24 other posts 
Go Now!
The Moody Blues

We've already said
"Goodbye"

Since you've got to go
Oh, you'd better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (before you see me cry)

I don't want you to tell me just what you intend to do now
'Cause how many times do I have to tell you, darling, darling
I'm still in love with you, now? Whoa

We've already said
"So long"

I don't wanna see you go
Oh, you'd better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (don't you even try)

Telling me that you really don't want me to end this way-ay
'Cause darling, darling
Can't you see I want you to stay? Yeah, yeah

Since you've got to go
Oh, you had better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (before you see me cry)

I don't want you to tell me just what you intend to do now
'Cause how many times do I have to tell you, darling, darling
I'm still in love, still in love with you now?

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
I don't wanna see you go
But, darling, you'd better go now

only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 02:35 other posts 
Oh hell NO! No you did not just swoop in and snag MY song!
By Elderman [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 02:46 other posts 
Sorry, it’s a great song !
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 02:38 other posts  ⤴
Fleetwood Mac, GO YOUR OWN WAY

Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things that I feel?

If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me?

You can GO your own way
GO your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can GO your own way
GO your own way

Tell me why
Everything turned around
Packing up
Shacking up's all you wanna do

If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
Open up
Everything's waiting for you

You can GO your own way
GO your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can GO your own way
GO your own way
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 16:00 other posts 
Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel

only registered users can see external links

Don't GO changing to try and please me
You never let me down before, mmm
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far, mmm
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are
Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair, mmm
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard, mmm
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
Oh, but what will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you?
I said I love you, that's forever
And this I promise from the heart, mmm
I couldn't love you any better
I love you just the way you are, right
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard, mmm
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 03:12 other posts  ⤴
"Here You Come Again" - Dolly Parton


Here you come again
Just when I've begun to get myself together
You waltz right in the door
Just like you've done before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger

Here you come again
Just when I'm about to make it work without you
You look into my eyes
And lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I'm wonderin' how I came to doubt you

All you got to do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses

Here you come again
Lookin' better than a body has a right to
And shakin' me up so that all I really know
Is here you come again
And here I go

All you have to do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses

Here you come again
Lookin' better than a body has a right to
And shakin' me up so
That all I really know
Is here you come again
And here I go
Here I go
And here I go
And here I go
Here you come again
Here I go
Here I go
And here I go
Here I go
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 03:54 other posts 
Nice, a tribute to Dolly!
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 12:12 other posts 
By bella! [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 16:57 other posts 
I had no idea that her health was not so good so her death was a big surprise for me. I’ve read that Dolly was like “regular people”, driving herself around town in domestic “luxury” vehicles but I assumed that personalities like her were trailed by photographers. I don’t recall seeing or reading anything about Dolly looking worn down or rough. All the money in the world isn’t enough to buy good health.
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 17:45 other posts 
Especially when you are 80.
By bella! [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 00:42 other posts 
This popped up on YouTube

only registered users can see external links
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 27,Aug,26 03:33 other posts 
She was a hoot!
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 03:27 other posts  ⤴
Wake me up before you go go - Wham


only registered users can see external links


Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
You put the boom boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain (yeah, yeah)
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's buggin' me
Something ain't right
My best friend told me what you did last night
Left me sleeping in my bed
I was dreaming
But I should've been with you instead
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you GO-GO
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high
Yeah, yeah
You take the grey skies out of my way
You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
You turned a bright spark into a flame (yeah, yeah)
My beats per minute never been the same
'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
Come on, baby, let's not fight
We'll go dancing, everything will be alright
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high
Yeah, yeah, yeah, baby
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Cuddle up, baby
Move in tight
We'll go dancing tomorrow night
It's cold out there but it's warmer in bed
They can dance, we'll stay home instead
Jitterbug
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high (take me dancing)
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Take me dancing tonight (oh, ah, yeah, yeah)
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 03:30 other posts  ⤴
Don’t go breaking my heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee


only registered users can see external links


Don't GO breaking my heart
I couldn't if I tried
Oh, honey, if I get restless
Baby, you're not that kind
Don't go breaking my heart
You take the weight off of me
Oh, honey, when you knocked on my door
Ooh, I gave you my key
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Oo-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh-oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Nobody told us
'Cause nobody showed us
And now it's up to us, babe
Oh, I think we can make it
So don't misunderstand me
You put the light in my life
Oh, you put the spark to the flame
I've got your heart in my sights
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
Don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
Don't go breaking my heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my...)
By Elderman [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 03:37 other posts  ⤴
Flame Trees
Cold Chisel

Kids out drivin' Saturday afternoon, just pass me by
I'm just savourin' familiar sights
We shared some history, this town and I
And I can't stop that long forgotten feeling of her
Time to book a room and stay tonight

Number one is to find some friends to say
You're doing well
After all this time you boys look just the same
Number two is the happy hour at one of two hotels
And settle in to play, do you remember so and so?
And number three is never say her name

And, oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around

And, oh, who needs that sentimental bullshit anyway?
You know it takes more than just a memory to make me cry
And I'm happy just to sit here, at a table with old friend's
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies (ohh)

And there's a girl, she's fallin' in love, near where the pianola stands
With a young local factory out-of-worker, just holding hands
And I'm wondering if he'll go or if he'll stay
(Do you remember, nothing stopped us on the field in our) day?

Oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around

Oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around

only registered users can see external links
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 26,Aug,26 09:44 other posts  ⤴
Dreams ~ Fleetwood Mac

only registered users can see external links

Now here you GO again
You say you want your freedom
Well, who am I to keep you down?
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully
To the sound of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost
Oh, thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Say women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
Now here I GO again
I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams
And have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
Ooh, what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
Oh, thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Say women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
You will know
Oh, you'll know


By bella! [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 02:16 other posts 
The word for Tuesday, August 25, BOOK
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 02:25 other posts 
"Dream On" - Aerosmith


Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay, yeah

I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on
Dream on
Ah!

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 11:37 other posts 
The Beatles, PAPERBACK WRITER

Paperback writer

Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my BOOK?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand
His son is working for the Daily Mail
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

Paperback writer

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few
I'll be writing more in a week or two
I can make it longer if you like the style
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

If you really like it you can have the rights
It could make a million for you overnight
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

Paperback writer

Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer (fade out)
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 02:26 other posts  ⤴
"Rock And Roll" - Led Zeppelin


It's been a long time since I rock-and-rolled
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from

It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Yes, it has

It's been a long time since The Book of Love
I can't count the tears of a life with no love
Carry me back, carry me back
Carry me back, baby, where I come from
Whoa, whoa, oh

It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Oh! Seems so long since we walked in the moonlight
Making vows that just can't work right
Oh yeah, open your arms, opens your arms
Open your arms, baby, let my love come running in!
Yeah!

It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 11:34 other posts 
Wow, although I know that tune, apparently I didn’t know or at least recall that BOOK was in the lyrics! Thanks for refreshing my memory! Nice choice!
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 18:46 other posts 
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 03:29 other posts  ⤴
My little red book - Manfred Mann


only registered users can see external links


I just got out my little red BOOK
The minute that you said goodbye
I thumbed right through my little red book
I wasn't gonna sit and cry
And I went from A to Z
I took out every pretty girl in town
They danced with me
And while I held them
All I did was to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No girl who's in my little red book
Just ever could replace your love
And each girl in my little red book
Knows you're the one I'm thinking of
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be?
I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no, no
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be?
I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no
All I do is to talk, talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no
All I do is to talk, talk, talk
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 03:34 other posts  ⤴
Look what they’ve done to my song, ma - Melanie


only registered users can see external links


Look what they done to my song, ma
Look what they done to my song
Well, it's the only thing that I could do half right
And it's turning out all wrong, ma
Look what they done to my song

Look what they done to my brain, ma
Look what they done to my brain
Well, they picked it like a chicken bone
And I think I'm half insane, ma
Look what they done to my song

Wish I could find a good BOOK to live in
Wish I could find a good book
Well, if I could find a real good book
I'd never have to come out and look at
What they done to my song

La la da da, da da da da
La la la la da da da da
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
Look what they done to my song

But maybe it'll all be alright, ma
Maybe it'll all be okay
Well, if the people are buying tears
I'll be rich someday, ma
Look what they done to my song

Ils ont changé ma chanson, ma
Ils ont changé ma chanson
C'est la seule chose que je peux faire
Et ce n'est pas bon, ma
Ils ont changé ma chanson

Look what they done to my song, ma
Look what they done to my song, ma
Well, they tied it up in a plastic bag
And turned it upside down, ma
Look what they done to my song

Ils ont changé ma chanson, ma
Ils ont changé ma chanson
C'est la seule chose que je peux faire
Et ce n'est pas bon, ma
Ils ont changé ma chanson

Look what they done to my song, ma
Ma, look what they done to my song
It's the only thing I could do alright
And they turned it upside down, oh ma
Look what they done to my song
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 09:44 other posts  ⤴
American Pie ~ Don McLean

only registered users can see external links

A long long time ago
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile
And I knew that if I had one chance
I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for awhile
Did you write the BOOK of love
And do you have faith in God above
If the bible tells you so
Now do you believe in rock n roll
And can music save your mortal soul
And can it teach me how to dance real slow
Well I know that your in love with him
'Cause I saw you dancing in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
And I did Gods rhythm and blues
I was a lonely teenage brock of luck
With a great carnation and a pick up truck
But I knew that I was out of luck
The day the music died
I started singing
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
Well I went down to the sachet store
Where I heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play
Well now in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all broken
And the three men I admire the most
The father, son, and the holy ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died
I started singing
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 11:42 other posts 
The Monotones, WHO WROTE THE BOOK OF LOVE

I wonder, wonder who, who-oo-ooh WHO (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh, who wrote the BOOK Of Love?
I've got to know the answer
Was it someone from above?

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

I love you darlin'
Baby, you know I do
But I've got to see this BOOK of Love
Find out why it's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up but you give her just one more chance))

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this BOOK Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up but you give her just one more chance)

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this BOOK Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)

I wonder who (YEAH)
Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?
By Elderman [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 16:31 other posts  ⤴
I Am A Rock
Paul Simon
A winters day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow

I am a rock
I am an island

I've built walls
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain

I am a rock
I am an island

Don't talk of love
Well I've heard the words before
It's sleeping in my memory
I won't disturb the slumber
Of feelings that have died
If I never loved I never would have cried

I am a rock
I am an island

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb
I touch no one and no one touches me

I am a rock
I am an island

And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 25,Aug,26 18:50 other posts  ⤴
"School's Out" - Alice Cooper


Well, we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Making all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well, we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks, yeah

Well, we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
My school's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks
Out for summer
Out 'til fall
We might not come back at all

School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely


By bella! [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 00:05 other posts 
The word for Monday, August 24, JUMP
By Elderman [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 01:29 other posts 
Jump In My Car
Ted Mulry Gang

Jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
Mmm, jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
No thank you sir-ir
Ah, c'mon, I'm a trustworthy guy
No thank you sir-ir
Oh little girl I wouldn't tell you no lie
I know your ga-ame
How can you say that, we only just met
You're all the sa-ame
Ooh, she's got me there, but I'll get her yet
I got you there-ere
No you didn't, I was catchin' my breath
And look it's startin' to rain and baby you'll catch your death
Well, I don't know-ow
Ah, come on it costs nothin' to try
And you'll arrive ho-ome nice and dry

Mmm-mmm, jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
C'mon jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own

Mmm-mmm, jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
C'mon jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
Well maybe I wi-ill
Ah, that's better now, your talkin' sense
Jeepers keep still
Well, if you like I'll just put up a fence
No need to get smar-art
Well alright we'll soon be on our-our way-ay
We better start
What for?
Because it's such a long way-ay
Well, why, where d'you live
I live down south, it's roughly eighty-four mi-iles
Hey slow down, you must be jokin' there behind that cute smile
Oh, no I'm no-ot
Well, if you're not there's only one thing to say-ay
And what's tha-at?
Get out the car, get on your way

Get out of my car
But you just said tha-at you'd take me home
Well, if it's not too far-ar
But there's no way that I can get there alone
I couldn't care less
Maybe I cou-ould see you next week
But you look a me-ess
Look who's talkin', you got no right to spea-e
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 03:34 other posts  ⤴
Stay away Joe - Elvis


only registered users can see external links


Ho JUMP down, spin around, let's have a party
Look who's back, Stay Away Joe
Chock taw, chick a Shaw, gonna drink me hearty
Welcome back, Stay Away Joe

Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Ho

Who keeps turnin' up like a bad penny
Take one guess, Stay Away Joe
Always findin' trouble a-plenty
Oh my yes, I reckon you know

Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Ho

When two lips are right for the pickin'
Who crops up, Stay Away Joe
I love them and leave them screamin' 'n kickin'
Giddy up look at him look at him go

Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Hey
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 03:38 other posts  ⤴
Early morning rain - Gordon Lightfoot


only registered users can see external links


In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand
With an aching in my heart and my pockets full of sand
I'm a long way from home and I miss my loved one so
In the early morning rain with no place to go

Out on runway number nine big 707 set to go
But I'm stuck here in the grass where the cold wind blows
Now, the liquor tasted good and the women all were fast
Well, there she goes, my friend, well she's rolling down at last

Hear the mighty engines roar - see the silver bird on high
She's away and westward bound - far above the clouds she'll fly
Where the morning rain don't fall and the sun always shines
She'll be flying o'er my home in about three hours time

This old airport's got me down - it's no earthly good to me
'Cause I'm stuck here on the ground as cold and drunk as I can be
You can't JUMP a jet plane like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on my way in the early morning rain

You can't jump a jet plane like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on my way in the early morning rain
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 03:53 other posts  ⤴
“The Day My Baby Gave Me A Surprise” - Devo


I got a surprise from my honey
I got a message from my girl
When she picked up a pen from the side of her and
Wrote me a scribbled note
That she was coming back to see
She was visiting real soon
Gonna get up from the long, white bed
And leave this cold white room

Wah-hooo

We was once more living together
From an all-night loving spree
Just like the morning accident
My baby, well, look at me
I saw her sweet face trembling as she tried to open her eyes
I jumped with the joy of a grateful boy the day my baby gave me a surprise

Wah-hooo

I got a surprise from my honey
I got a message from my girl
When she picked up a pen from the side of her and
Wrote me a scribbled note
I saw her sweet face trembling as she tried to open her eyes
I jumped with the joy of a grateful boy the day my baby gave me a surprise

Wah-hooo
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 20:25 other posts 
Rolling Stones, JUMPIN’ JACK FLASH

I was born in a crossfire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm JUMPIN' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
I was schooled with a strap right across my back

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas

I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled, yeah yeah
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread, yeah yeah yeah
I was crowned with a spike right through my head, fuck my head

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas

Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 04:00 other posts  ⤴
“Shout” - Tears For Fears


Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on

In violent times, you shouldn't have to sell your soul
In black and white, they really, really ought to know
Those one-track minds that took you for a working boy
Kiss them goodbye, you shouldn't have to jump for joy
You shouldn't have to jump for joy

Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on

They gave you life and in return, you gave them hell
As cold as ice, I hope we live to tell the tale
I hope we live to tell the tale

Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on

Shout, shout, let it all out
(Let it all out)
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on

And when you've taken down your guard
If I could change your mind
I'd really love to break your heart
I'd really love to break your heart

Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
(Break your heart)
Come on
(Really love to break your heart)
I'm talking to you
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
So come on

Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
(They really, really ought to know)
Shout, shout, let it all out
(They really, really ought to know)
These are the things I can do without
(They really, really)
Come on
I'm talking to you
(They really, really ought to know)
Come on

Shout, shout, let it all out
(I'd really love to break your heart)
These are the things I can do without
(I'd really love to break your heart)
Come on
I'm talking to you
So come on

Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 09:39 other posts  ⤴
Jump ~ Van Halen

only registered users can see external links

I get up and nothin' gets me down
You got it tough, I've seen the toughest around
And I know, baby, just how you feel
You got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
Ah, can't you see me standin' here?
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen
Ah, can't you see what I mean?
Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Might as well jump
Go ahead and jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Hello, hey you
Who said that?
Baby, how you been?
You say you don't know
You won't know until you begin
So can't you see me standing here?
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen
Ah, can't you see what I mean?
Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Jump
Might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Get it and jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Jump
Jump
Jump
Jump
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 16:09 other posts  ⤴
Quick Joey Small - Kasenetz - Katz Singing Orchestral Circus

only registered users can see external links

Quick Joey Small went over the wall
With a ball an' a chain behind him
Quick Joey Small went over the wall
Send the dogs right out to find him.
In a striped prision suit with no room to move
He headed for the highway
With his chain still dragin'
He thumbed down a wagon said Well you're goin my way.
And they say now
Refrain
Run Joey, Joey run run the hounds are on your trail
JUMP-up Jump-up
Run Joey, Joey run run they're gonna send you back to jail.
Sheriff got a shotgun, he do
He'll fill you full of lead son, it's true.
He's also got a blackjack, he's mad
He'd bust your head with one wack,
Here I go now.
Run Joey, Joey run run the hounds are on your trail.
Sweet Mary Jane was goin' insane
When she heard of Joey's jail break
But she knew all the while 'cause
She sent him a file
Baked inside a fudge cake.
Sheriff Jack Banes was a light on brains
But he knew one thing for sure
He took some toughs and a pair of handcuffs
And headed straight for Mary Jane's door
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 20:23 other posts 
House of Pain, JUMP AROUND

Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin
I won't ever slack up
Punk you better back up
Try and play the role and yo the whole crew will act up
Get up, stand up, come on!
Come on, throw your hands up
If you've got the feeling jump up touch the ceiling
Muggs lets the funk flow, someone's talking junk
Yo, I'll bust em in the eye
And then I'll take the punk's ho
Feeling funking
Amps in the trunk
And I got more rhymes than there's cops at a "Dunkin Donuts" shop
Sure enough I got props from the kids on the Hill
Plus my mom and my pops

I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and JUMP around
JUMP around [3x]
JUMP up, JUMP up and get down.
JUMP [18x]

I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the ho
Word to your moms I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the Bible's got Psalms
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned
'Cause I got lyrics but you ain't got none
If you come to battle bring a shotgun
But if you do you're a fool, 'cause I duel to the death
Trying to step to me you'll take your last breath
I got the skill, come get your fill
'Cause when I shoot the gift, I shoot to kill

I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and jump around
Jump around [3x]
Jump up, jump up and get down.
Jump [18x]

I'm the cream of the crop, I rise to the top
I never eat a pig 'cause a pig is a cop
Or better yet a Terminator
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger
Trying to play me out like as if my name was Sega
But I ain't going out like no punk bitch
Get used to one style and yo and I might switch
It up up and around, then buck buck you down
Put out your head and then you wake up in the Dawn of the Dead
I'm coming to get ya, I'm coming to get ya
Spitting out lyrics homie I'll wet ya
I came to get down, I came to get down
So get out your seat and jump around!

I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and jump around
Jump around [3x]
Jump up, jump up and get down.
Jump [18x]

Jump [32x]

Yo, this is dedicated
To Joe "The Biter" Nicolo
Grab yo Bozack, punk
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 24,Aug,26 20:56 other posts  ⤴
"Jump (For My Love)" - The Pointer Sisters


Your eyes tell me how you love me
Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more

Jump for my love
Jump in and feel my touch
Jump you want to taste my kisses
In the night then

Jump, jump for my love
Jump, I know my heart can make you happy
Jump in, you know these arms
Can feel you up
Jump, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love

You told me, I'm the only woman for you
Nobody does you like I do
Then make a move before you try and
Go much farther, oh baby
You're the one, you, you are the one
And heaven waits here at my door
And if you want more,
If you want more, more, more then
When you are next to me, oh I come alive

Your love burns inside
Feels so right
Come to me if you want me tonight jump
Jump if you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump, jump
Jump, you know my heart can
Make you happy
Jump, you know these arms can feel you up
Jump in, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love


New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   ...#565



Show It Off