Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Tired of ads
on this site?

WORD OF THE DAY.....IN A SONG

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #9

Pages:  #1... #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   #13   ...#565

Started by bella! [Ignore] 12,Jan,19 03:36  other posts
The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?

My first response was from Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!

Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".

Let's have some musical fun!

New Comment       Rating: 9  


Comments:
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 02:26 other posts 
Word of the day for Sunday 23rd August - Any US city
--------------------------------------- added after 12 hours

Promised land - Chuck Berry


only registered users can see external links


[Verse 1]
I left my home in NORFOLK, Virginia
California on my mind
I straddled that Greyhound and rode him into Raleigh
And on across Caroline
We stopped in Charlotte but bypassed Rock Hill
We never was a minute late
We was ninety miles out of Atlanta by sundown
Rolling outta the Georgia state
We had motor trouble, it turned into a struggle
Halfway across Alabam'
And that 'hound broke down and left us all stranded
In downtown Birmingham

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 2]
Right away, I bought me a through train ticket
Riding across Mississippi clean
And I was on that midnight flier out of Birmingham
Smoking into New Orleans
Somebody help me get out of Louisiana
Just help me get to Houston town
There are people there who care a little about me
And they won't let the poor boy down
Sure as you're born, they bought me a silk suit
Put luggage in my hand
And I woke up high over Albuquerque
On a jet to the promised land


[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]
Working on a T-bone steak à la carte
And flying over to the Golden State
When the pilot told us in thirteen minutes
He would set us at the terminal gate
Swing low chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone
Cut your engines and cool your wings
And let me make it to the telephone
Los Angeles, give me Norfolk, Virginia
Tidewater four ten o nine
Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling
And the poor boy's on the line
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 04:28 other posts 
“Panic In Detroit” - David Bowie


He looked a lot like Che Guevara
Drove a diesel van
Kept his gun in quiet seclusion
Such a humble man

The only survivor of the National People's Gang
Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone

Panic in Detroit

He laughed at accidental sirens
That broke the evening gloom
The police had warned of repercussions
They followed none too soon

A trickle of strangers were all that were left alive
Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone

Panic in Detroit

Putting on some clothes I made my way to school
I found my teacher crouching in his overalls
I screamed and ran to smash my favorite slot machine
And jumped the silent cars that slept at traffic lights

Having scored a trillion dollars
Made a run back home
Found him slumped across the table
A gun and me alone

I ran to the window. Looked for a plane or two
Panic in Detroit. He'd left me an autograph
"Let me collect dust." I wish someone would phone

Panic in Detroit
Panic in Detroit
Panic in Detroit
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 08:19 other posts 
Please come to Boston - Joan Baez


only registered users can see external links


Please come to BOSTON in the springtime
I'm stayin' here with some friends, and they've got lots of room
You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk
By a cafe where I hope to be workin' soon
Please come to Boston
I said, 'No, would you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey, ramblin' boy, now won't cha settle down?
Boston ain't your kinda town
There ain't no gold, and there ain't nobody like me
I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
Please come to Denver with the snowfall
We'll move up into the mountains so far that we can't be found
And throw 'I love you' echoes down the canyon
And then lie awake at night till they come back around
Please come to Denver
I said, 'No, boy, would you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey ramblin' boy why don't cha settle down?
Denver ain't your kinda town
There ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like me
'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
Now this drifter's world goes 'round and 'round
And I doubt that it's ever gonna stop
But of all the dreams I've lost or found
And all that I ain't got
I still need to cling to
Somebody I can sing to
Please come to LA to live forever
California life alone is just too hard to build
I live in a house that looks out over the ocean
And there's some stars that fell from the sky
Livin' up on the hill
Please come to LA
But I just said, 'No, boy, won't you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey, ramblin' boy, why don't cha settle down?
LA can't be your kinda town
There ain't no gold, and there ain't nobody like me
No, no, I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
'I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 23:24 other posts 
Marc Cohn & The Blind Boys of Alabama, WALKING IN MEMPHIS

Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
W.C. Handy
Won't you look down over me
Yeah I've got a first class ticket
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Then I'm walking in MEMPHIS
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel?

Saw the ghost of Elvis
On Union Avenue
Followed him up to the gates of Graceland
Then I watched him walk right through
Now security they did not see him
They just
Hovered around his tomb
But there's a pretty little thing
Waiting for The King
Down in the Jungle Room

When I was walking in Memphis
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel

They've got catfish on the table
They've got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green
Would be glad to see you
When you haven't got a prayer
But boy you've got a prayer in Memphis

Now Muriel plays piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And they asked me if I would
Do a little number
And I sang with all my might
She said
"Tell me are you a Christian child?"
And I said
"Ma'am I am tonight"

Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
But do I really feel the way I feel

Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
But do I really feel the way I feel

Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain

Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring
Rain
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 23:21 other posts  ⤴
Creedence Clearwater Revival, LODI

Just about a year ago, I set out on the road
Seekin' my fame and fortune, lookin' for a pot of gold
Things got bad, and things got worse, I guess you will know the tune
Oh, Lord, stuck in LODI again

Rode in on the Greyhound, I'll be walkin' out if I go
I was just passin' through, must be seven months or more
Ran out of time and money, looks like they took my friends
Oh, Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again

The man from the magazine said I was on my way
Somewhere I lost connections, I ran out of songs to play
I came into town, a one night stand, looks like my plans fell through
Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again

Mm
If I only had a dollar, for every song I've sung
And every time I've had to play while people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train back to where I live
Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again
Oh, Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 04:40 other posts  ⤴
“My City Was Gone” - The Pretenders


I went back to Ohio
But my city was gone
There was no train station
There was no downtown
South Howard had disappeared
All my favorite places
My city had been pulled down
Reduced to parking spaces
Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio

Well, I went back to Ohio
But my family was gone
I stood on the back porch
There was nobody home
I was stunned and amazed
My childhood memories
Slowly swirled past
Like the wind through the trees
Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio

I went back to Ohio
But my pretty countryside
Had been paved down the middle
By a government that had no pride
The farms of Ohio
Had been replaced by shopping malls
And Muzak filled the air
From Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls
Said, ay, oh, way to go, Ohio
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 23:12 other posts 
Bob Seger, ROLL ME AWAY

Took a look down a westbound road
Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler
I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains
And just rolled that power on

Twelve hours out of MACKINAW CITY
Stopped in a bar to have a brew
Met a girl and we had a few drinks
And I told her what I'd decided to do
She looked out the window a long long moment
Then she looked into my eyes
She didn't have to say a thing
I knew what she was thinking

Roll, roll me away
Won't you roll me away tonight?
I too am lost, I feel double-crossed
And I'm sick of what's wrong and what's right
We never even said a word
We just walked out and got on that bike
And we rolled
And we rolled clean out of sight

We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feeling free

Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone

Stood alone on a mountain top
Staring out at the Great Divide
I could go east, I could go west
It was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flying
And my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singing

Roll, roll me away
I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rolling, gotta keep riding
Keep searching 'til I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right

Roll me away
Roll me away
Roll me away
Oh
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 23:17 other posts  ⤴
Martha and the Vandellas, DANCING IN THE STREETS

Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancing in the street

They're dancing in CHICAGO (dancing in the street)
Down in NEW ORLEANS (dancing in the street)
In NEW YORK CITY (dancing in the street)

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swinging, swaying, and records playing
Dancing in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl
Everywhere around the world

They'll be dancing (dancing in the street)
They're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)

It's an invitation across the nation
A chance for folks to meet
There'll be laughing, singing, and music swinging
Dancing in the street

PHILADELPHIA, P-A (dancing in the street)
BALTIMORE and D.C. now (dancing in the street)
Can't forget the Motor City (dancing in the street)

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swinging, swaying, and records playing
Dancing in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl
Everywhere around the world

They're dancing
They're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Way down in L.A. (dancing in the street)
Every day, they're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Let's form a big, strong line (dancing in the street)
Get in time, we're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Across the ocean blue (dancing in the street)
Me and you, we're dancing in the street


By Andthisisme [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 02:49 other posts 
Word of the day for Saturday 22nd August - MYSELF
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 02:57 other posts 
“Roadhouse Blues” - The Doors


Oh, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Yeah, we're going to the Roadhouse
Gonna have a real
A good time

Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people who like to go down slow

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long

Do it, Robby, do it!

Alright !

Eeeeeh yeah !

You got to roll, roll, roll
You got to thrill my soul, all right

Roll, roll, roll, roll
To thrill my soul
You got to beep-a-gunk-a-chucha
Honk-konk-konk-kadanta
Each-ya-puna-ney-cha
Bap-pa-lula-ni-chao
Pao-pati-cha
Ni-saong-kong
Alright !

Ashen lady
Ashen lady
Give up your vows
Give up your vows
Save our city
Save our city
Right now

Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain and the end is always near

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
By bella! [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 14:49 other posts 
Whoa! Nice choice!
By bella! [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 14:57 other posts  ⤴
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING YOU

only registered users can see external links

Midnight, gettin' uptight, where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you
Hey Jack, it's a fact they're talkin' in town
I turn my back and you're messin' around
I'm not getting jealous, don't like lookin' like a clown

I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away

I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you

Daylight, spent the night without you
But I've been dreamin' 'bout the lovin' you do
I'm over being angry 'bout the hell you put me through
Hey man, bet you can't treat me right
You just don't know what you was missin' last night
I wanna see you beggin', say, "Forget it" just for spite

I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away

I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you

I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away

I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you

I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 02:59 other posts  ⤴
“Drive” - Incubus


Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I, I can't help but ask myself
How much I let the fear take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Oh

It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way, that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive

Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there

Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Whoa-oh-oh, do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Who-a-oh-oh-oh-oh
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 05:53 other posts  ⤴
Let It Be - The Beatles

only registered users can see external links

When I find MYSELF in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be, be
And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me
Shinin' until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 08:55 other posts 
I just don’t know what to do with myself - Dusty Springfield


only registered users can see external links


I just don't know what to do with MYSELF
Don't know just what to do with myself
I'm so used to doing everything with you
Planning everything for two
And now that we're through
I just don't know what to do with my time
I'm so lonesome for you, it's a crime
Going to a movie only makes me sad
Parties make me feel as bad
When I'm not with you
I just don't know what to do
Like a summer rose
Needs the sun and rain
I need your sweet love
To beat all the pain
I just don't know what to do with myself
I just don't know what to do with myself
Baby, if your new love ever turns you down
Come back, I will be around
Just waiting for you
I don't know what else to do
Like a summer rose
It needs the sun and rain
I need your sweet love
To beat all the pain
I don't know just what to do with myself
I don't know just what to do with myself
Baby, if your new love ever turns you down
Come on back, I will be around
Just waiting for you
I don't know what else to do, no, no, no
I don't know what else to do
I'm still so crazy for you, no, no, no, no
I don't know what else to do, no, no, no
I'm still so crazy for you
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 05:56 other posts  ⤴
Don’t Let Me Get Me - Pink

only registered users can see external links

Never win first place, I don't support the team
I can't take direction, and my socks are never clean
Teachers dated me, my parents hated me
I was always in a fight, 'cause I can't do nothing right
Every day I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person staring back at me
I'm a hazard to MYSELF
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
I wanna be somebody else, yeah
LA told me, "You'll be a pop star
All you have to change is everything you are"
Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears
She's so pretty
That just ain't me
So doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?
A day in the life of someone else
'Cause I'm a hazard to myself
Don't let me get me (no)
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating (no)
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else, yeah
Don't let me get me (don't let me)
I'm my own worst enemy (oh)
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
So doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?
A day in the life of someone else
Don't let me get me
Oh, I'm a hazard to myself, yeah
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself (yourself)
So irritating (so irritating)
Don't wanna be my friend no more (don't, don't)
I wanna be somebody else
Don't let me get me (don't let, don't let)
I'm my own worst enemy (don't let me get me)
It's bad when you annoy yourself (it's bad, it's so bad)
So irritating (oh)
Don't wanna be my friend no more (ahh)
I wanna be somebody else
Don't let me get me
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 06:34 other posts  ⤴
Dancing With Myself ~ Billy Idol

only registered users can see external links

On the floors of Tokyo-o
Or down in London town to go, go
A-with the record selection and the mirror's reflection
I'm a-dancing with myself
Oh, when there's no-one else in sight
A-in the crowded lonely night
Well, I wait so long for my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove
And I'm dancing with myself, oh, oh, uh-oh
If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself
So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove
And I'm dancing with myself, oh, oh, uh-oh
Oh, oh, uh-oh, oh
Oh, oh, uh-oh
Oh, uh-uh, oh, ow!
Well, if I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself
So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance, oh!
oh, it's all wet
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) and I'll sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) and I'll sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
Oh!
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Ow!
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
With myself
With myself
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 08:58 other posts 
Meat city - John Lennon


only registered users can see external links


Well, I been Meat City to see for MYSELF
Well, I been Meat City to see for myself
Been Meat City, been Meat
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
People were dancing like there's no tomorrow
Meat City
Finger lickin', chicken pickin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I been the mountain to see for myself
Well, I been the mountain to see for myself
Been the mountain, been the
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
Snake doctors shakin like there's no tomorrow
Freak City
Chicken suckin', mother-truckin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I'm gonna China to see for myself
Well, I'm gonna China to see for myself
Gonna China, gonna
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
People were jumping like there's no tomorrow
Meat City
Finger lickin', chicken pickin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China
Well, I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China, come on, woo-hoo-hoo-hoo
Yeah I am, come on
I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China
Alright
By bella! [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 14:52 other posts  ⤴
I’m looked at THE WORD hours ago but I have to give it some thought. I thought of that song but dang, you already posted it! Good tune!
By Elderman [Ignore] 23,Aug,26 02:12 other posts  ⤴
Me Myself I
Joan Armatrading

I sit here by myself
And you know I love it
You know I don't want someone
To come pay a visit

I wanna be by myself
I came in this world alone
Me, myself, I

I wanna go to China
And to see Japan
I'd like to sail the oceans
Before the seas run dry

I wanna go by myself
I've just room enough for one
Me, myself, I

I wanna be a big shot
And have 90 cars
I wanna have a boyfriend
And a girl for laughs

But only on Saturdays
Six days to be alone
With just me, myself, I
Me, myself and I
Just me myself, I

Don't wanna be the bad guy
Don't wanna make a soul cry

It's not that I love myself
I just don't want company
Except me, myself, I
Me, myself and I
Just me, myself, I

I sit here by myself
And you know I love it
You know I don't want someone
To come pay a visit

I wanna be by myself
I came in this world alone
Me, myself, I
Me, myself, I, me, myself and I
Just me, myself, I


By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 02:19 other posts 
Word of the day for Friday 21st August - MIGHT
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 02:45 other posts 
“La Grange” - ZZ Top


Rumor spreading 'round in that Texas town
About that shack outside La Grange
And you know what I'm talking about
Just let me know if you wanna go
To that home out on the range
They gotta lotta nice girls
Have mercy
A-haw haw haw-haw
Heh, a-haw haw-haw

Well, I hear it's fine if you got the time
And the ten to get yourself in
A hmm, hmm
And I hear it's tight most every night
But now I might be mistaken
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Have mercy
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 08:20 other posts 
Elusive butterfly - Bob Lind


only registered users can see external links


You MIGHT wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings
And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
You might have heard my footsteps
Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
As I ran searching after something to believe in
You might have seen me runnin'
Through the long-abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind
If you remember something there
That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 08:21 other posts  ⤴
Your link

only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 23:48 other posts  ⤴
Love, love, LOVE THIS TUNE!
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 02:48 other posts  ⤴
“Amie” - Pure Prairie League


I can see why you think you belong to me
I never tried to make you think or let you see one thing for yourself
But now you're off with someone else and I'm alone
You see, I thought that I might keep you for my own

Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

Don't you think the time is right for us to find
All the things we thought weren't proper could be right in time?
And can you see
Which way we should turn, together or alone?
I can never see what's right or what is wrong
Yeah, you take too long to see

Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

Well, now, Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

Now it's come to what you want, you've had your way
And all the things you thought before just faded into gray
And can you see
That I don't know if it's you or if it's me?
If it's one of us, I'm sure we both will see
Won't you look at me and tell me

Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I, longer if I do, yeah, now

Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

I keep falling in and out of love with you
Falling in and out of love with you
Don't know what I'm gonna do
I keep falling in and out of love with you
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 23:49 other posts 
Another good tune!
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 06:50 other posts  ⤴
Riki Don’t Lose That Number - Steely Dan

only registered users can see external links

We hear you're leaving, that's okay
I thought our little wild time had just begun
I guess you kind of scared yourself, you turn and run
But if you have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You MIGHT use it if you feel better
When you get home
I have a friend in town, he's heard your name
We can go out driving on Slow Hand Row
We could stay inside and play games, I don't know
And you could have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You might use it if you feel better
When you get home
You tell yourself you're not my kind
But you don't even know your mind
And you could have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You might use it if you feel better
When you get home
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 08:24 other posts 
No matter how I try - Gilbert O’Sullivan


only registered users can see external links


No matter how I try
I just can't say goodbye
No matter whay you say
looks like I'm here to stay
No matter where I go
I don't know if you know
but everywhere we been
I'm kept in quarantine
It's easy to see why
She's over six feet five
I'm only five foot two
Is there a tyre somewhere
That MIGHT take me a spare
Is there a bank in town
That might cash me a pound
Is there a place you know
Where I can open the door
It's easy to see why
She's over six feet five
I'm only five foot two
Is there a tyre somewhere
That might take me a spare
Is there a bank in town
That might cash me a pound
Is there a place you know
Where I can open the door
Oh I remember our first anniverary
It was one of those occasions where believe you me
I would rather been held ransom at the point of a gun
Then to suffer indignation for something I hadn't done
No matter how I try
I just can't say goodbye
No matter whay you say
looks like I'm here to stay
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 23:50 other posts  ⤴
Nice choice, I ❤️ this tune!
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 09:41 other posts  ⤴
Addicted to Love ~ Robert Palmer

only registered users can see external links

The lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
You see the signs, but you can't read
You're running at a different speed
Your heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine
A one-track mind, you can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
You're addicted to love
You're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
The lights are on, but you're not home
Your will is not your own
Your heart sweats, your teeth grind
Another kiss and you'll be mine
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
By #758339 21,Aug,26 15:59⤴
The Fate Of Ophelia - TAYLOR SWIFT

only registered users can see external links

I heard you calling on the megaphone
You wanna see me all alone
As legend has it, you
Are quite the pyro
You light the match to watch it blow
And if you'd never come for me
I MIGHT've drowned in the melancholy
I swore my loyalty to me, myself, and I (Me, myself, I)
Right before you lit my sky up

All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (See it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia (Ophelia)
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine (Now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia

The eldest daughter of a nobleman
Ophelia lived in fantasy
But love was a cold bed full of scorpions
The venom stole her sanity
And if you'd never come for me (Come for me)
I might've lingered in purgatory
You wrap around me like a chain, a crown, a vine (Chain, crown, vine)
Pulling me into the fire

All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (See it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia (Ophelia)
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine (Now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia

'Tis locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me
Locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me

All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (I can see it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, the sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands (Your hands)
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine ('Cause now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia

You saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
By Elderman [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 16:36 other posts  ⤴
Wanted Man
Bob Dylan

Wanted man in California
Wanted man in Buffalo
Wanted man in Kansas City
Wanted man in Ohio

Wanted man in Mississippi
Wanted man in ol' Cheyenne
Wherever you might look tonight
You might see this wanted man

I might be in Colorado
Or Georgia by the sea
Working for some man who may not
Know who I might be

And if you ever see me coming
And if you know who I am
Don't you breathe it to nobody
'Cause you know I'm on the lamb

Wanted man by Lucy Watson
Wanted man by Jeannie Brown
Wanted man by Nellie Johnson
Wanted man in this next town

But I've had all that I wanted
Of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed
Of some things that turned out bad

I got side tracked in El Paso
Stopped to get myself a map
Went the wrong way in Juarez
With Juanita on my lap

Then I went to sleep in Shreveport
Woke up in Abilene
Wonderin' why the hell I'm wanted
At some town half way between

Wanted man in California
Wanted man in Buffalo
Wanted man in Kansas City
Wanted man in Ohio

There's somebody set to grab me
Anywhere that I might be
So wherever you might look tonight
You might get a glimpse of me
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 19:16 other posts  ⤴
“That Smell” - Lynyrd Skynyrd


Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
One more drink fool, will drown you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes
Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

Hey, you're a fool you
Stick them needles in your arm
I know I been there before

One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
By bella! [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 23:53 other posts 
YOU are on fire today!
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 22,Aug,26 02:39 other posts 


By bella! [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 00:41 other posts 
The word for Thursday, August 20, SIGH
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 03:19 other posts 
“Paranoid” - Black Sabbath


Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 04:18 other posts 
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 16:35 other posts 
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 03:23 other posts  ⤴
“Bridge Of Sighs” - Robin Trower


The sun don't shine
The moon don't move the tides,
To wash me clean

The sun don't shine
The moon don't move the tides
To wash me clean
Why so unforgiving, and why so cold
Been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs

Cold wind blows
The Gods look down in anger,
On this poor child

Cold wind blows
And Gods look down in anger,
On this poor child

Why so unforgiving and why so cold
Been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs
By bella! [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 04:16 other posts 
The Doors, HELLO, I LOVE YOU

Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game

She's walking down the street
Blind to every eye she meets
Do you think you'll be the guy
To make the queen of the angels SIGH?

Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game

She holds her head so high
Like a statue in the sky
Her arms are wicked, and her legs are long
When she moves my brain screams out this song

Sidewalk crouches at her feet
Like a dog that begs for something sweet
Do you hope to make her see you, fool?
Do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel?

Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello
I want you
Hello
I need my baby
Hello, hello, hello, hello
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 05:04 other posts  ⤴
Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings

only registered users can see external links

Stuck inside these four walls
Sent inside forever
Never seeing no one nice again
Like you, mama
You, mama
You

If I ever get out of here
Thought of giving it all away
To a registered charity
All I need is a pint a day
If I ever get out of here
(If we ever get out of here)

Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun
And the first one said to the second one there
"I hope you're having fun."

Band on the run, band on the run
And the jailer man
And sailor Sam
Were searching everyone
For the band on the run, band on the run
For the band on the run, band on the run

Well, the undertaker drew a heavy SIGH
Seeing no one else had come
And a bell was ringing in the village square
For the rabbits on the run

Band on the run, band on the run
And the jailer man
And sailor Sam
Were searching everyone
For the band on the run, band on the run

Yeah, the band on the run
The band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run

Well, the night was falling
As the desert world began to settle down
In the town they're searching for us everywhere
But we never will be found

Band on the run, band on the run
And the county judge, who held a grudge
Will search for ever more
For the band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 02:17 other posts 
True love ways - Buddy Holly


only registered users can see external links


Just you know why
Why you and I
Will bye and bye
Know true love ways

Sometimes we'll SIGH
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways

Throughout the days our true love ways
Will bring us joys to share with those who really care

Sometimes we'll sigh
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways

Throughout the days our true love ways
Will bring us joys to share with those who really care

Sometimes we'll sigh
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 20,Aug,26 09:39 other posts  ⤴
Almost Hear You SIGH ~ The Rolling Stones

only registered users can see external links

I can almost hear you SIGH
I can almost hear you cry
On every crowded street
All the places we would meet

What'll I do without you
They say that life goes on
I'm feeling sorry for myself
I can't believe you're gone

And you acted much too calm
Turned on all the charm
You had a cold look in your eyes

And I feel your tongue on mine
Silky smooth like wine
I'm living with these memories
It's all that's left of you and me

I can almost hear you SIGH
Almost hear you cry
When you made sweet love to me
And you turned on all the charm
Acted much too calm
You had a cold look in your eyes

Did it mean nothing
Was it all in vain
Or was I just your fool
Or was the pleasure pain

And have you set me free
Or will I wake up in the morning
And find out it's been a bad dream

Come on, I beg you
I wanna be your main man

I can almost hear you SIGH
Almost hear you cry
When you make sweet love to me
I can almost see your smile
It stretched half a mile
You had a stone cold look in your eyes

Come on
Almost see you there
I don't need no photograph
Come on, come on, girl
Nothing left to say now
Can't believe
Can't believe you go
I just can't believe
Can't believe you go
Come on, baby, yeah
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 21,Aug,26 02:14 other posts  ⤴
My love - Petula Clark


only registered users can see external links


My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a SIGH
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
Ah, something happened to my heart
The day that I met you
Something that I never felt before
You are always on my mind
No matter what I do
And every day it seems I want you more
My love is warmer than the warmеst sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My lovе is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
Once I thought that love was meant
For anyone else but me
Once I thought you'd never come my way
Well, now it only goes to show
How wrong we all can be
For now I have to tell you every day
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love


By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 02:01 other posts 
The word for Wednesday, August 19 - BETWEEN
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 02:48 other posts 
Torn between two lovers - Mary MacGregor


only registered users can see external links


There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind
Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt
Before I say another word, let me tell you "I love you"
Let me hold you close, and say these words as gently as I can
"There's been another man that I've needed, and I've loved
But that doesn't mean I love you less
And he knows he can't possess me, and he knows he never will
There's just this empty place inside of me that only he can fill"
Torn BETWEEN two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
You mustn't think you failed me just because there's someone else
You were the first real love I ever had
And all the things I ever said, I swear they still are true
For no one else can have the part of me I gave to you
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
I couldn't really blame you if you turned and walked away
But with everything I feel inside, I'm asking you to stay
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool-
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 02:51 other posts  ⤴
Best that you can do - Christopher Cross


only registered users can see external links


Once in your life you find her
Someone that turns your heart around
And next thing you know you're closing down the town
Wake up and it's still with you
Even though you left her way 'cross town
Wondering to yourself, "Hey! What've I found?"

When you get caught BETWEEN the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do
The best that you can do
Is fall in love

Arthur, he does as he pleases
All of his life, his master's toys
Deep in his heart, he's just, he's just a boy
Living his life one day at a time
And showing himself a pretty good time
Laughing about the way they want him to be

When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love

When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love

When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love

When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 04:53 other posts 
When I Need You - Leo Sayer

only registered users can see external links

When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so wanna give you
It's only a heartbeat away

When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day
Miles and miles of empty space in BETWEEN us
The telephone can't take the place of your smile
But you know I won't be travelin' forever
It's cold out, but hold out, and do like I do

When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so wanna give you, babe
It's only a heartbeat away
It's not easy when the road is your driver
Honey that's a heavy load that we bear
But you know I won't be traveling a lifetime
It's cold out, but hold out, and do like I do

Oh, I need you

When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day

When I need you
I just close my eyes
And you're right here by my side
Keeping me warm night and day
I just hold out my hands
I just hold out my hand
And I'm with you darlin'
Yes, I'm with you darlin'
All I wanna give you
It's only a heartbeat away

Oh, I need you darling
By bella! [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 19:25 other posts 
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, ISLANDS IN THE STREAM

Baby, when I met you
There was peace unknown
I set out to get you
With a fine-tooth comb
I was soft inside
There was something going on

You do something to me
That I can't explain
Hold me closer and I feel no pain
Every beat of my heart
We got something going on

Tender love is blind
It requires a dedication
All this love we feel
Needs no conversation
We ride it together, ah-ha
Making love with each other, ah-ha

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha

I can't live without you
If the love was gone
Everything is nothing
If you got no one
And you just walk in the night
Slowly losing sight of the real thing

But that won't happen to us
And we got no doubt
Too deep in love and we got no way out
And the message is clear
This could be the year for the real thing

No more will you cry
Baby, I will hurt you never

We start and end as one
In love forever
We can ride it together, ah-ha
Making love with each other, ah-ha

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha

Sail away

Ooh, come sail away with me

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 02:55 other posts  ⤴
Bump
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 03:24 other posts  ⤴
“Toxicity” - System Of A Down


Conversion, software version 7.0
Looking at life through the eyes of a tire hub
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city

New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder

More wood for their fires, loud neighbors
Flashlight reveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city

New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder

New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder!

When I became the sun, I shone life into the man's hearts
When I became the sun, I shone life into the man's hearts
By bella! [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 19:32 other posts 
Crowded House, DON’T DREAM IT’S OVER

There is freedom within
There is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead
Many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
We know they won't win

Now I'm towing my car
There's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today
Tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the T.V. page

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
We know they won't win

Now I'm walking again
To the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead
Barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
You know they won't win

Don't let them win
Hey now, hey now

Hey now, hey now

Hey now, hey now
Don't let them win

They come, they come
Don't let them win

Hey now, hey now (yeah)

Hey now, hey now
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 19:48 other posts 
Oh, man! I forgot about that one!
By bella! [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 20:42 other posts 
Woo hoo for me!
By bella! [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 20:51 other posts  ⤴
Actually, I was quite surprised that no one snagged DONT DREAM ITS OVER or ISLANDS IN THE STREAM before me. The word BETWEEN is repeated in the choruses of each song.
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 21:21 other posts 
I ignored “Islands In The Stream” because I had heard it at least a million times when I was in the Philippines. My favorite restaurant had a juke box in it and every time some random sailor would come in with his P.I. honeyco, she would ask him for a piso to put into the juke box. He’d give her one, and she would play THIS DAMNED SONG EVERY DAMNED TIME, without fail!

It didn’t matter who it was nor the time of the day nor the day of the week nor the week of the month nor the month of the year (1984), every single Pinay “girlfriend” who came in with her beau would pick that very song, each and every time!
By #758339 19,Aug,26 05:05⤴
Heart Of Glass - BLONDIE

only registered users can see external links

Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

In BETWEEN
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do

Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising, yeah

Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light

Once I had a love and it was a gas
[album version:] Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass
[radio version:] Soon turned out I had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

[radio version additional verse:]
In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
By Biguyfrfun [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 05:24 other posts 
The Closest Thing To Crazy - Katie Melua

only registered users can see external links

How can I think I'm standing strong?
Yet feel the air beneath my feet
How can happiness feel so wrong?
How can misery feel so sweet?
How can you let me watch you sleep?
Then break my dreams the way you do
How can I have got in so deep?
Why did I fall in love with you?
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known
I was never crazy on my own
And now I know
That there's a link BETWEEN the two
Being close to craziness, and being close to you
How can you make me fall apart?
Then break my fall with loving lies
It's so easy to break a heart
It's so easy to close your eyes
How can you treat me like a child?
Yet like a child I yearn for you
How can anyone feel so wild?
How can anyone feel so blue?
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known
I was never crazy on my own
And now I know
That there's a link between the two
Being close to craziness, and being close to you
And being close to you
And being close to you
By ScottsCock [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 09:51 other posts  ⤴
Entre Nous ~ Rush

only registered users can see external links

We are secrets to each other
Each one's life a novel
No-one else has read
Even joined in bonds of love
We're linked to one another
By such slender threads
We are planets to each other
Drifting in our orbits
To a brief eclipse
Each of us a world apart
Alone and yet together
Like two passing ships
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
We are strangers to each other
Full of sliding panels
An illusion show
Acting well-rehearsed routines
Or playing from the heart?
It's hard for one to know
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
We are islands to each other
Building hopeful bridges
On a troubled sea
Some are burned or swept away
Some we would not choose
But we're not always free
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
By bella! [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 19:28 other posts 
John Cougar Mellencamp, JACK & DIANE

Little ditty about Jack and Diane
Two American kids growin' up in the heartland
Jackie gonna be a football star
Diane's debutante backseat of Jackie's car

Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez
Diane's sittin' on Jackie's lap
He's got his hand BETWEEN her knees
Jackie say, hey, Diane
Let's run off behind a shady trees
Dribble off those Bobby Brooks
Let me do what I please
Say a

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Say a
Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
They walk on

Jackie sits back
Collects his thoughts for a moment
Scratches his head
And does his best James Dean
Well you know, Diane
We oughta run off to the city
Diane says, baby
You ain't missin' nuth-in
Jackie, say-a

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

Gonna let it rock
Let it roll
Let the Bible Belt come
And save my soul
Holdin' on to sixteen as long as you can
Changes come around real soon
Make us women and men

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

Little ditty about Jack and Diane
Two American kids doin' the best they can
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 21:25 other posts  ⤴
“Overkill” - Men At Work


I can't get to sleep
I think about the implication
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away

Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variatios
It nullifies the night
From overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Come back another day

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright
It's just overkill

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away

Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 21:27 other posts  ⤴
“One Of My Turns” - Pink Floyd


Day after day, love turns grey (some of your professions have just arrived)
Like the skin of a dying man
And night after night, we pretend it's all right
But I have grown older and you have grown colder
And nothing is very much fun anymore
And I can feel one of my turns coming on
I feel cold as razor blade, tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favourite axe
Don't look so frightened, this is just a passing phase one of my bad days
Would you like to watch TV? Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would you, would you like to see me try?
Oh! Oh, no

Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away?
By Lookatmine2 [Ignore] 19,Aug,26 21:33 other posts  ⤴
“One Of These Nights” - The Eagles


One of these nights
One of these crazy old nights
We're gonna find out
Pretty mama
What turns on your lights
The full moon is calling
The fever is high
And the wicked wind whispers
And moans

You got your demons
And you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own

Oh, someone to be kind to
In-between the dark and the light
Oh, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights

One of these dreams
One of these lost and lonely dreams now
We're gonna find one
One that really screams

I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight

Oh, loneliness will blind you
In-between the wrong and the right
Oh, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights

One of these nights
In-between the dark and the light
Coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
Get you, baby, one of these nights

One of these nights
One of these nights

I can feel you
I can feel
One of these nights
Coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you now
One of these nights

And it gets so dark, so dark
And cold and lonely
One of these nights
One of these crazy, crazy, crazy nights
One of these nights
Swear I'm gonna find you
Coming right behind you now
One of these nights
Ooh ooh

One of these nights
Ah and I wanna say ah!
One of these nights
Ah one of these one of these
One of these nights
Ah coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights
One of these nights
One of these crazy old nights
One of these nights


New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   #13   ...#565



Show It Off