The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?
My first response was from
Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and
huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!
Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".
Let's have some musical fun!
Got a black magic woman
Got a black magic woman
I've got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see
That she's a black magic woman
She's tryin' to make a devil out of me
Don't turn your back on me, baby
Don't turn your back on me, baby
Yes, don't turn your back on me baby
Stop messin' around with your tricks
Don't turn your back on me baby
You just might pick up my magic sticks
Got your spell on me baby
Got your spell on me baby
Yes you got your spell on me baby
Turning my heart into stone
I need you so bad - magic woman
I can't leave you alone
only registered users can see external links
You don't like crazy music, you don't like rockin' bands
You just wanna go to a movie show
And sit there holdin' hands
You're so square
BABY, I don't care
You don't like hot rod racin' or drivin' late at night
You just wanna park where it's nice and dark
You just wanna hold me tight
You're so square
Baby, I don't care
You don't know any dance steps that are new
But no one else could love me like you do, do, do, do
I don't know why my heart flips, I only know it does
I wonder why I love you, baby
I guess it's just because
You're so square
Baby, I don't care
Baby, I don't care
Baby, I don't care
Baby, I don't care
I don't know why my heart flips, I only know it does
I wonder why I love you, baby
I guess it's just because
You're so square
Baby, I don't care
Baby, I don't care
Baby, I don't care, care, care, care
I don't care, care, care, care
[Her:]
They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
[Him:]
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and BABY I got you
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Her:]
They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
[Him:]
I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Him:]
I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
[Her:]
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
[Her:]
So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
[Him:]
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Him:]
I got you to hold my hand
[Her:]
I got you to understand
[Him:]
I got you to walk with me
[Her:]
I got you to talk with me
[Him:]
I got you to kiss goodnight
[Her:]
I got you to hold me tight
[Him:]
I got you, I won't let go
[Her:]
I got you to love me so
[Both:]
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
only registered users can see external links
BABY I'm-a want you
Baby I'm-a need you
You're the only one I care enough to hurt about
Maybe I'm-a crazy
But I just can't live without
your lovin' and affection
Givin' me direction
Like a guiding light to help me through a darkest hour
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That you'll always be a-stayin' beside me
Used to be my life was just emotions passing by
Feeling all the while and never really knowing why
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That you'll always be a-stayin' beside me.
Used to be my life was just emotions passing by
Then you came along and made me laugh and made me cry
You taught me why
Baby I'm-a want you
Baby I'm-a need you
Oh, it took so long to find you, baby
Baby I'm-a want you
Baby I'm-a need you
only registered users can see external links
[Verse 1]
We sat down together
Our table for two
We went through the menu so slowly
I just couldn't take my eyes off you
The juices were flowing
But time wouldn't move
We gazed and the waiters were waiting
They came and went away
Everything around me disappeared
[Chorus]
Don't you worry no more
I won't be leaving you (Now I believe in you)
Don't you worry no more
I won't be leaving you (Now I believe in you)
[Post-Chorus]
I tell you I've made up my mind (I light up)
There'll be no excuses this time
I want you (Oh, BABY}
I need you (Baby, baby)
I want you
Don't let me go slipping through your fingers again
[Verse 2]
We left in a dream
And ran through the night
Our bodies were frozen in your doorway
But I wanted to kiss you in the moonlight
We lay in the darkness
Our fingers in knots
There was so much love in your touches
As you wiped my tears away
I was crying softly to you
I can see a new expression on my face;
I can feel a strange sensation taking place.
I can hear the guitars playing lovely tunes,
Everytime that you walk in the room.
I close my eyes for a second and pretend it's me you want,
Meanwhile, I try to act so nonchalant.
I see a summer night with a magic moon,
Every time that you walk in the room.
Maybe it's a dream come true,
Standing right alongside of you.
Wish I could show you how much I care,
But I only have the nerve to stare, oh oh.
I can feel that something pounding in my brain,
Just anytime that someone speaks your name.
Trumpets sound and I hear thunder boom,
Every time that you;
Every time that you;
Every time that you walk in the room.
only registered users can see external links
Stars live in the evening
But the very young need the sun, uh-huh
Pretty baby, you look so heavenly
A neo-nebular from under the sun
I was forming, some say I had my chance
The boys were falling like an avalanche
Ya ya baby
La Dolce Vita is a magic dance
No-one was listening
Pretty baby, un petite ingenue
A teenage starlet, I fell in love with you
You, you with the comb
You look OK in every way (every way)
Ah, I should have known
You'd look at me and look away (and look away - oh)
Pretty baby, you look so heavenly
A neo-nebular from under the sun
Eyes that tell me incense and peppermints
Your looks are larger than life, long live innocence
Petite ingenue, I fell in love with you
Pretty baby, I fell in love with you, whoah oh
Pretty baby, oh oh
Pretty baby, whoah oh, I fell in love with you
only registered users can see external links
Love
Love is strange
Lot of people
Take it for a game
Once you get it
You never want to quit, no no
After you've had it
You're in an awful fix
Many people
Don't understand, no no
They think loving
Is money in the hand
Your sweet loving
Is better than a kiss
When you leave me
Sweet kisses I miss
Sylvia
Yes, Mickey
How do you call your lover boy
Come here, lover boy
And if he doesn't answer
Oh lover boy
And if he still doesn't answer
I simply say
Baby, oh baby
My sweet baby, you're the one
Baby, oh baby
My sweet baby, you're the one
[Justin Bieber:]
Oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh, oh
Oh, whoa, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh-oh, oh, oh-oh, oh
[Justin Bieber (Ludacris):]
You know you love me, I know you care (Yo, uh-huh)
Just shout whenever and I'll be there (Yo, uh-huh)
You are my love, you are my heart (Yo, uh-huh)
And we will never, ever, ever be apart (Yo, uh-huh)
Are we an item? Girl, quit playing (Yo, uh-huh)
We're just friends, what are you saying? (Yo, uh-huh)
Said, "There's another" and looked right in my eyes (Yo, uh-huh)
My first love broke my heart for the first time, and I was like (Yo, uh-huh)
[Justin Bieber:]
BABY, BABY, BABY, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
[Justin Bieber (Ludacris):]
Oh, for you, I would've done whatever (Yo, uh-huh)
And I just can't believe we ain't together (Yo, uh-huh)
And I wanna play it cool, but I'm losing you (Yo, uh-huh)
I'll buy you anything, I'll buy you any ring (Yo, uh-huh)
And I'm in pieces, baby, fix me (Yo, uh-huh)
And just shake me 'til you wake me from this bad dream (Yo, uh-huh)
I'm going down, down, down, down (Yo, uh-huh)
And I just can't believe my first love won't be around, and I'm like
[Justin Bieber:]
Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
[Ludacris:]
(Luda) When I was thirteen, I had my first love
There was nobody that compared to my baby, and nobody came between us nor could ever come above
She had me going crazy, oh, I was starstruck
She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks (Woo)
She made my heart pound, and skip a beat
When I see her in the street
And at school on the playground, but I really wanna see her on the weekend
She knows she got me dazing
'Cause she was so amazing
And now my heart is breaking
But I just keep on saying
[Justin Bieber:]
Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Thought you'd always be mine, mine
I'm gone (Yeah-yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah)
Now I'm all gone (Yeah-yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah)
Now I'm all gone (Yeah-yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah)
Now I'm all gone (Gone, gone, gone, gone), I'm gone
Nina Simone
My baby don't care for shows
My baby don't care for clothes
My baby just cares for me
My baby don't care for cars and races
My baby don't care for
High-tone places
Liz Taylor is not his style
And even Lana Turner's smile
Is somethin' he can't see
My baby don't care who knows
My baby just cares for me
Baby, my baby don't care for shows
And he don't even care for clothes
He cares for me
My baby don't care for cars and races
Baby don't care for
He don't care for high-tone places
Liz Taylor is not his style
And even Liberance's smile
Is somethin' he can't see
Is somethin' he can't see
I wonder what's wrong with baby
My baby just cares for—
My baby just cares for—
My baby just cares for me
I see the bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today
Don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers overflowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
All right
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Well, don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
Don't come around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
only registered users can see external links
I'm coming down, coming down like a monkey
But it's alright
Like a load on your back that you can't see
Ooh, but it's alright
Try to shake it loose, cut it free, just let it go
Just get it away from me, oh
'Cause tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
I'm gonna make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
I'm going down, going down like a monkey
Ooh, but it's alright
Try to pick yourself up
Carry that weight that you can't see
Don't you know it's alright?
It's like a helter-skelter
Going down and down, 'round and 'round
But just get it away from me, oh
Because tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
We're gonna make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
I got some money in my pocket
About ready to burn
I don't remember where I got it
I gotta get it to you
So please answer the phone
'Cause I keep calling
But you're never home
What am I gonna do?
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
I'm gonna make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
You keep telling me I've got everything
You say I've got everything I want
You keep telling me you're gonna help me
You're gonna help me, but you don't
But now I'm in too deep
You see, it's got me so that I just can't sleep
Ooh, get me out of here
Please get me out of here
Just help me, I'll do anything, anything
If you'll just help, get me out of here
I'm coming down, coming down like a monkey
Ooh, but it's alright
It's like a load on your back that you can't see
Ooh, but you know that it's alright
Just try to shake it loose, cut it free, let it go
But just get it away from me, oh
'Cause tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
We will make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
Please get me out of here
Just someone get me out of here
Just help me, I'll do anything, anything
If you'll just help, get me out of here
Tonight, oh
I'm gonna make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
Yes, tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
Yes, I'm gonna make it right
Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh
(Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh)
(Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh)
(Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh)
(Tonight, tonight, tonight, oh)
only registered users can see external links
Gonna tell Aunt Mary about Uncle John
He claim he got married, but he having lotsa fun
Oh, baby, yeah, baby
Whoo, baby, having me some fun TONIGHT
Well, long tall Sally, she built for speed
She got everything that Uncle John needs
Oh, baby, yeah, baby
Ooh, baby, having me some fun tonight
Well, I saw Uncle John with bald-headed Sally
He saw Aunt Mary coming, and he ducked back in the alley
Oh, baby, yeah, baby
Ooh, baby, having me some fun tonight
Well, long tall Sally, she's built sweet
She got everything that Uncle John needs
Oh, baby, yeah, baby
Whoo, baby, having me some fun tonight
You know, I saw Uncle John with bald-headed Sally
He saw Aunt Mary coming, and he ducked back in the alley
Oh, baby, yeah, baby
Whoo, baby, having me some fun tonight, go
I'm gonna have some fun tonight
Have some fun tonight
Have some fun tonight
Everything's all right
Have some fun, have me some fun tonight
only registered users can see external links
TONIGHT won't be like any night
Tonight the stars up in the sky
Will be shining for me and my baby tonight
Tonight we'll climb the highest height
Just talking till the morning light
Me and my baby tonight
Oh, tonight
Tonight was made for me and my baby
To hold each other so tight
And all the darkness will fade away
The light in your eyes tonight
Tonight won't be like any night...
only registered users can see external links
Super trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
I was sick and tired of everything
When I called you last night from Glasgow
All I do is eat and sleep and sing
Wishing every show was the last show (wishing every show was the last show)
So imagine I was glad to hear you're coming (glad to hear you're coming)
Suddenly I feel all right (and suddenly it's gonna be)
And it's gonna be so different when I'm on the stage TONIGHT
Tonight the super trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun (super trouper)
Smiling, having fun (super trouper)
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the super trouper beams are gonna blind me (super trouper)
But I won't feel blue (super trouper)
Like I always do (super trouper)
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
Facing twenty-thousand of your friends
How can anyone be so lonely?
Part of a success that never ends
Still I'm thinking about you only (still I'm thinking about you only)
There are moments when I think I'm going crazy (think I'm going crazy)
But it's gonna be alright (you'll soon be changing everything)
Everything will be so different when I'm on the stage tonight
Tonight the super trouper lights are gonna find me (super trouper)
Shining like the sun (super trouper)
Smiling, having fun (super trouper)
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the super trouper beams are gonna blind me (super trouper)
But I won't feel blue (super trouper)
Like I always do (super trouper)
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
So I'll be there when you arrive
The sight of you will prove to me I'm still alive
And when you take me in your arms and hold me tight
I know it's gonna mean so much tonight
Tonight the super trouper lights are gonna find me (super trouper)
Shining like the sun (super trouper)
Smiling, having fun (super trouper)
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the super trouper beams are gonna blind me (super trouper)
But I won't feel blue (super trouper)
Like I always do (super trouper)
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
Super trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun (super trouper)
Smiling, having fun (super trouper)
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the super trouper beams are gonna blind me (super trouper)
But I won't feel blue (super trouper)
Like I always do (super trouper)
Thin Lizzy
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in this town
See me and the boys we don't like it
So we're getting up and going down
Hiding low, looking right to left
If you see us coming I think it's best
We'll move away, do you hear what I say?
From under my breath
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
So don't you be around
Don't you be around
Tonight there's gonna be trouble
Some of us won't survive
See the boys and me mean business
Bustin' out dead or alive
I can hear the hound dogs on my trail
All hell breaks loose, alarm and sirens wail
Like the game if you lose
Go to jail
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
So don't you be around
Tonight there's gonna trouble
I'm gonna find myself in
Tonight there's gonna be trouble
So woman stay with a friend
You know it's safer
Breakout!
Tonight there's gonna be a breakout
Into the city zones
Don't you dare to try and stop us
No one could for long
Searchlight on my trail
Tonight's the night all systems fail
Hey you good lookin' female
Come here!
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
So don't you be around
Tonight there's gonna be trouble
I'm gonna find myself in
Tonight there's gonna be trouble
So woman stay with a friend
only registered users can see external links
In case you missed my comment yesterday Bella! had decided that we would make a clean start to used words on October 1st. So I have started a new used words list.
only registered users can see external links
If you START me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
I've been running hot
You got me ticking gonna blow my top
If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
Never stop, never stop, never stop
You make a grown man cry
You make a grown man cry
You make a grown man cry
Spread out the oil, the gasoline
I walk smooth, ride in a mean, mean machine
Start it up
If you start it up
Kick on the starter give it all you got, you got to, you got to
I can't compete with the riders in the other heats
If you rough it up
If you like it I can slide it up, slide it up, slide it up, slide it up
Don't make a grown man cry
Don't make a grown man cry
Don't make a grown man cry
My eyes dilate, my lips go green
My hands are greasy
She's a mean, mean machine
Start it up
Start me up
Give it all you got
You got to never, never, never stop
Slide it up
Baby up just slide it up
Start it up, start it up, start it up
Never, never, never
You make a grown man cry
You make a grown man cry
You make a grown man cry
Ride like the wind at double speed
I'll take you places that you've never, never seen
If you start it up
Love the day and we will never stop, never stop, never stop, never stop
Tough me up
Never stop, never stop
You, you, you make a grown man cry
You, you make a dead man cum
You, you make a dead man cum
only registered users can see external links
Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, The King and I, and The Catcher in the Rye
Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana, goodbye
We didn't START the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser, and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc
Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"
Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland
Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Khrushchev
Princess Grace, Peyton Place, trouble in the Suez
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Zhou En-Lai, Bridge on the River Kwai
Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather homicide, children of thalidomide
Buddy Holly, Ben-Hur, space monkey, mafia
Hula-hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go
U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola, and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in the Congo
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Hemingway, Eichmann, Stranger in a Strange Land
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion
Lawrence of Arabia, British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson
Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say?
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shore, China's under martial law
Rock-and-roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone, it will still burn on
And on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
only registered users can see external links
Everyone's watching, to see what you will do
Everyone's looking at you, oh
Everyone's wondering, will you come out tonight
Everyone's trying to get it right, get it right
Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a new romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better START from the START
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby let's go
Everyone's looking to see if it was you
Everyone wants you to come through
Everyone's hoping it'll all work out
Everyone's waiting they're holding out
Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a new romance
Hey, hey
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better START from the START
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby let's go
Hey
You want a piece of my heart
You better START from the START
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby let's go
You want a piece of my heart
You better START from the START
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby let's go
only registered users can see external links
I just got out my little red book
The minute that you said goodbye
I thumbed right through my little red book
I wasn't gonna sit and cry
And I went from A to Z
I took out every pretty girl in town
They danced with me and while I held them
All I did was to talk about you
Hear your name and I'd START to cry
There is just no getting over you
No girl who's in my little red book
Just ever could replace your love
And each girl in my little red book
Knows you're the one I'm thinkin' of
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be? I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you, no, no, no
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be? I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you, no, no
All I do is to talk, talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
Well, there is just no getting over you, no, no
All I do is to talk, a-talk, a-talk
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
Hey, once I was a boogie singer
Playin' in a rock-and-roll band
I never had no problems
Burnin' down the one-night stands
And everything around me
Got to start to feelin' so low
And I decided quickly
Yes, I did
To disco down and check out the show
Yeah they were dancin' and singin'
And movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me
Somebody turned around and shouted
"Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Lay down that boogie
And play that funky music 'til you die."
'Til you die?
I tried to understand this
I thought that they were out of their minds
How could I be so foolish
To not see I was the one behind
So still I kept on fighting
Well, losing every step by the way
... we can do
I said, I must go back there
I got to go back
And check to see if things still the same
When they were dancin' and singin'
And movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me
Somebody turned around and shouted
"Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Lay down that boogie
And play that funky music 'til you die."
'Til you die?
Oh, 'til you die
Gonna play some electrified funky music
Hey, wait a minute
Now first it wasn't easy
Changing rock-and-rolling minds
And things were gettin' shaky
I thought I'd have to leave it behind
Oh, but now it's so much better (it's so much better)
I'm funking out in every way
But I'll never lose that feelin' (you know, I won't)
Of how I learned my lesson that day
When they were dancin' and singin'
And movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me
Somebody turned around and shouted
"Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Lay down that boogie
And play that funky music 'til you die."
'Til you die?
Oh, 'til you die
They shouted
"Play that funky music
Play that funky music
Play that funky music
You got to keep on playin' funky music
Play that funky music
Play that funky music
Play that funky music
Gonna take you high and low."
"Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right."
Stayed in bed all morning just to pass the time
There's something wrong here, there can be no denying
One of us is changing, or maybe we've just stopped trying
And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide
And I just can't fake it, Oh no no
It used to be so easy living here with you
You were light and breezy and I knew just what to do
Now you look so unhappy, and I feel like a fool
And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide
And I just can't fake it, oh no no
There'll be good times again for me and you
But we just can't stay together, don't you feel it too
Still I'm glad for what we had, and how I once loved you
But it's too late, baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide
And I just can't fake it, Oh no no no no no
It's too late
Baby
It's too late
Now darling
It's too late
I want to hold your hand - The Beatles
only registered users can see external links
Oh, yeah, I'll tell you somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I say that somethin'
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
Oh, please, say to me
You'll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand
You'll let me hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
And when I touch you
I feel happy inside
It's such a feelin' that my love
I can't HIDE
I can't hide
I can't hide
Yeah, you got that somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I say that somethin'
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
And when I touch you
I feel happy inside
It's such a feelin' that my love
I can't hide
I can't hide
I can't hide
Yeah, you got that somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I feel that somethin'
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
only registered users can see external links
I remember when we broke up the first time
Saying, "This is it, I've had enough," 'cause like
We hadn't seen each other in a month
When you said you needed space. (What?)
Then you come around again and say
"Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me."
Remember how that lasted for a day?
I say, "I hate you," we break up, you call me, "I love you."
Ooh, we called it off again last night
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you
We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
Like, ever
I'm really gonna miss you picking fights
And me falling for it screaming that I'm right
And you would HIDE away and find your peace of mind
With some indie record that's much cooler than mine
Ooh, you called me up again tonight
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you
We are never, ever, ever getting back together
We are never, ever, ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
Ooh, yeah, ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Oh oh oh
I used to think that we were forever ever
And I used to say, "Never say never..."
Uggg... so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you,"
And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like
We are never getting back together. Like, ever"
No!
We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
We, ooh, getting back together, ohhh
We, ooh, getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
The Beatles
Here I stand, head in hand
Turn my face to the wall
If she's gone I can't go on
Feeling two foot small
Everywhere people stare
Each and ev'ryday
I can see them laugh at me
And I hear them say
"Hey, you've got to hide your love away"
"Hey, you've got to hide your love away"
How can I even try?
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in
How could she said to me?
"Love will find a way"
Gather 'round all you clowns
Let me hear you say
"Hey, you've got to hide your love away"
"Hey, you've got to hide your love away"
only registered users can see external links
… I come home, in the mornin' light
My mother says, "When you gonna live your life right?"
Oh momma dear, we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun
… The phone rings, in the middle of the night
My father yells, "What you gonna do with your life?"
Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
But girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have
… That's all they really want
Some fun
When the workin' day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun (girls, they want)
(Wanna have fun, girls)
(Wanna have)
… Some boys take a beautiful girl
And HIDE her away from the rest o' the world
I wanna be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have
… That's all they really want
Is some fun
When the workin' day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun (girls, they want)
(Wanna have fun, girls)
(Wanna have)
… They just want, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Oh girls, girls just wanna have fun
(Just want, they just wanna)
They just wanna, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Oh girls, girls just wanna have fun
… When the workin'
When the workin' day is done
Oh, when the workin' day is done
Oh, girls, girls just wanna have fun
Everybody
Huh, huh
… They just want, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Oh, girls, girls just wanna have fun
(They just wanna, they just wanna) when the workin'
When the working day is done (they just want, they just wanna)
Oh, when the working day is done (girls, girls just wanna have fun)
Oh girls, girls just wanna have fun
only registered users can see external links
Eli's comin'
Eli's comin' (Eli's a-comin')
Oh, you better hide your heart
Your lovin' heart
Eli's a-comin', and the cards say
A broken heart
Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl
Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl (Hide it)
You better, better hide your heart
Eli's comin', better walk
Walk but you'll never get away
No, you'll never get away from the burnin' a-heartache
I walked to Apollo by the bay
Everywhere I go
Eli's a-comin' (She walked, but she never got away)
Eli's a-comin' (She walked, but she never got away)
Eli's a-comin', and he's comin' to get ya (She walked, but, she walked, but)
Get down on your knees (She walked, but she never got away)
Eli's comin' (Hide it, hide it, hide it)
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl (Hide it)
You better, better hide your heart
Eli's comin', better walk
Walk but you'll never get away
No, you'll never get away from the burnin' a-heartache
I walked to Apollo by the bay
Everywhere I go
Eli's a-comin' (She walked, but she'll never get away)
Eli's a-comin' (She walked, but she'll never get away)
Eli's a-comin', and he's comin' to get ya (She walked, but, she walked, but)
Get down on your knees (She walked, but she'll never get away)
Get down on your knees
No-no, no-no
Lord, I said no-no, no-no, no
You better
(Hide it) Somebody
You gotta
(Hide it)
(Hide it) Oh my
(Hide it)
only registered users can see external links
I know a girl from a lonely street
Cold as ice cream but still as sweet
Dry your eyes Sunday girl
Hey, I saw your guy with a different girl
Looks like he's in another world
Run and hide Sunday girl
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I stay away all week and still I wait
I got the blues, please come see
What your loving means to me
She can't catch up with the working crowd
The weekend mood and she's feeling proud
Live in dreams Sunday girl
Baby, I would like to go out tonight
If I go with you my folks'll get uptight
Stay at home Sunday girl
Hey, I saw your guy with a different girl
Looks like he's in another world
Run and HIDE Sunday girl
When I saw you again in the summertime
If your love was as sweet as mine
I could be Sunday's girl
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I stay away all week and still I wait
I got the blues, please come see
What your loving means to me
Hurry up
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I got the blues
Please
Please
Please come see what you do to me
I got the blues
Hurry up
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
Hurry up
Please come see what you do to me
I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me.
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my dreams.
Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.
I thought love was more or less a givin' thing,
Seems the more I gave the less I got.
What's the use in tryin'?
All you get is pain.
When I needed sunshine I got rain.
Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.
Love was out to get me
Now, that's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams
Oh, then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.
Yes, I saw her face, now I'm a believer
And not a trace of doubt in my mind.
Said I'm a believer
I'm a believer
I'm a believer
Said I'm a believer
I'm a believer
I said I'm a believer
I'm a believer
only registered users can see external links
Oh oh, yea, yea
I love you MORE than I can say
I'll love you twice as much tomorrow
Oh love you more than I can say
Oh oh, yea, yea
I miss you every single day
Why must my life be filled with sorrow
Oh love you more than I can say
Don't you know I need you so
Tell me please I gotta know
Do you mean to make me cry
Am I just another guy
Oh oh, yea, yea
I miss you more than i can say
Why must my life be filled with sorrow
Oh love you more than I can say
Oh, don't you know I need you so
So tell me please I gotta know
Do you mean to make me cry
Am I just another guy
Oh oh, yea, yea
I love you more than I can say
I'll love you twice as much tomorrow
Oh love you more than I can say
I love you more than I can say
I love you more than I can say (more than I can say)
I love you twice as much tomorrow (more than I can say)
I love you twice as much tomorrow
I love you more than I can say
(More than I can say) I love you more than words can say yeah
only registered users can see external links
Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don't know
Why you gotta be so undemanding
One thing I know
I want more
I want more
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
(And I need all the love I can get)
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
D'you get scared to feel so much?
To let somebody touch you?
So hot, so cold, so far so out of control
Hard to come by, and harder to hold
Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don't know
Why you gotta be so undemanding
I want more
(And I need all the love I can get)
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
(And I need all the love I can get)
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
There are parts of me that don't get nervous
Not the parts that shake
You won't get what you deserve
You are what you take
Learning to cry for fun and profit
I'm not done yet
Counterfeit dollars or the English zloty
Anything I can get
Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don't know
Why you gotta be so undemanding
One thing I know
I want more
(And I need all the love I can get)
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
(And I need all the love I can get)
(And I need all the love that I can't get to)
All the love that you can get
All the love
That I can't get to...
only registered users can see external links
Last night, a little dancer a-came dancin' to my door
Last night, a little angel came pumpin' on my floor
She said, "A-come, baby, you got a license for love
And if it expires, pray help from above"
Because
In the midnight hour, she cried MORE, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more, wow
In the midnight hour, babe, more, more, more
With a rebel yell, more, more, more
More, more, more
She don't like slavery, she won't sit and beg
But when I'm tired and lonely, she sees me to bed
A-what set you free and brought you to me, babe?
What set you free? I need you here by me
Because
In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more, wow
In the midnight hour, babe, more, more, more
With a rebel yell, more, more, more
A-he lives in a-his own heaven
Collects it to go from the 7-Eleven
Well, he's out all night to collect a fare
A-just so long, just so long it don't mess up his hair
Whoa, ah
I walked the world for you, babe
A thousand miles with you
I dried your tears of pain, babe
A million times for you
I'd sell my soul for you, babe
For money to burn for you
I'd give you all and have none, babe
Just to, just to, just to, a-just to, to have you here by me
Because
In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more, wow
In the midnight hour, babe, more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more
More, more, more
Ooh yeah, little baby
She want more
More, more, more, more, more
Ooh yeah, little angel
She want more
More, more, more, more, more
only registered users can see external links
Give it up, give it up
I just can't get enough
MORE , more, more, more, more
Here am I with my desire
Feel it burning just for you
My, oh my, this love divine
Is talking me to somewhere new
Just slide
Get your body down, down, down
And glide
I gotta feel you all around
Boy, you got me wanting more, more, more
Give it all up for love, babe
You got me saying more, more, more
Wind me up, wind me up
You know I want you more, more, more
Gotta give it all up for love, babe
Keep it saying more, more, more
Baby, just fill me up to the top
Till I can't take no more
Here am I and deep desire
I got a little spot for you
Make me sigh with sheer delight
As baby, you caress and soothe
Just slide
I want to feel you down, down, down
And glide
You know, I need you all around
Oh, you got me wanting more, more, more
Give it all up for love, babe
You got me saying more, more, more
Wind me up, wind me up
You know I want you more, more, more
Gotta give it all up for love, babe
Keep it saying more, more, more
Baby, just fill me up to the top
Till I can't take no more
Till I can't take no more
Give it up, give it up
I just can't get enough
So give me more, more, more, more, more
Give it up, give it up
I just can't get enough
So give me more, more, more, more, more
Just slide
Get your body down, down, down
And glide
I gotta feel you all around
Boy, you got me wanting more, more, more
Give it all up for love, babe
You got me saying more, more, more
Come on, now, burn me up, burn me up
You know I want you more, more, more
Gotta give it all up for love, babe
You got me saying more, more, more
Baby, just fill me up to the top
Till I can't take no more
More, more, more, more
Give it up, give it up
I just can't get enough
So give me more, more, more, more, more
Give it up, give it up
I just can't get enough
So give me more, more, more, more, more
Come and give me more, more, more
More, more, more, more, more, more
only registered users can see external links
No MORE do I see the starlight caress your hair
No more feel the tender kisses we used to share
I close my eyes and clearly my heart remembers
A thousand good-byes could never put out the embers
Darling I love you so and my heart forever
Will belong to the memory of the love that we knew before
Please come back to my arms, we belong together
Come to me, let's be sweethearts again and then let us part no more
No more do I feel the touch of your hand on mine
No more see the lovelight making your dark eyes shine
Oh, how I wish I never had caused you sorrow
But don't ever say for us there is no tomorrow
Darling, I love you so and my heart forever
Will belong to the memory of the love that we knew before
Please come back to my arms, we belong together
Come to me, let's be sweethearts again and then let us part no more
only registered users can see external links
Well you can tell everyone I'm a down disgrace
Drag my name all over the place
I don't care anymore
You can tell everybody 'bout the state I'm in
You won't catch me crying 'cause I just can't win
I don't care anymore, I don't care anymore
I don't care what you say
I don't play the same games you play
'Cause I've been talking to the people that you call your friends
And it seems to me there's a means to and end
They don't care anymore
And as for me I can sit here and bide my time
I got nothing to lose if I speak my mind
I don't care anymore, I don't care no more
I don't care what you say
We never played by the same rules anyway
I won't be there anymore
Get out of my way
Let me by
I got better things to do with my time
I don't care anymore, I don't care anymore
I don't care anymore, I don't care anymore
Well, I don't care now what you say
'Cause every day I'm feeling fine with myself
And I don't care now what you say
Hey, I'll do alright by myself
'Cause I know
'Cause I remember all the times I tried so hard
And you laughed in my face 'cause you held all the cards
I don't care anymore
And I really ain't bothered what you think of me
'Cause all I want of you is just a let me be
I don't care anymore, d'you hear? I don't care no more
I don't care what you say
I never did believe you much anyway
I won't be there no more
So get out of my way
Let me by
I got better things to do with my time
I don't care anymore
D'you hear? I don't care anymore
I don't care no more
You listening? I don't care no more
No more!
You know I don't care anymore!
Don't care no more! No more, no more, no more
Don't care, no more, no more, no more, no more, no more, no more, no more
No more, no more, no more, no more, no more, no more
Who's gonna tell you when
It's too late?
Who's gonna tell you things
Aren't so great?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Who's gonna pick you up
When you fall?
Who's gonna hang it up
When you call?
Who's gonna pay attention
To your dreams?
Yeah, who's gonna plug their ears
When you scream?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Who's gonna hold you down
When you shake?
Who's gonna come around
When you break?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
You know you can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I, I can't help but ask myself
How much I let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Oh
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way, that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Whoa-oh-oh, do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Who-a-oh-oh-oh-oh
only registered users can see external links
Asked a girl what she wanted to be
She said baby, "Can't you see
I wanna be famous, a star of the screen
But you can do something in between"
Baby you can DRIVE my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
I told the girl that my prospects were good
She said baby, "It's understood
Working for peanuts is all very fine
But I can show you a better time"
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
Beep beep mm, beep beep yeah
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
I told that girl I can start right away
And she said, "Listen baby I've got something to say
I got no car and it's breaking my heart
But I've found a driver and that's a start"
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah (fade out)
only registered users can see external links
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex DRIVE
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
Sexy as I wanna be
Got these fellas chasin' me
It's 'bout time I hit the streets
All my girls still feelin' me
"B" girl ain't lost the beat
Jumped over drama and I landed on my feet
Gotta keep goin' no stoppin' me
And if you don't like it then
(La-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Media over here (hey, hey)
Come through like a world premiere (hey, hey)
Trench coat and my underwear
Let's go with this freakshow it's
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
I'm about to bring the heat
Lockin' down the industry
All dressed up and glamourus
Red carpet and cameras
Take trips around the globe
Tint's on my Jeep so nobody knows
It's so hot that you're comin' out your clothes
Now I'm about to give it to ya
(La-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Media over here (hey, hey)
Come through like a world premiere (hey, hey)
Trench coat and my underwear
Let's go with this freakshow it's
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
I just wanna be happy
In a place where love is free
Can you take me there?
Somebody, ooh
And when you mention my name
Make sure you know the truth, yeah
Until I vow to keep it forever
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
only registered users can see external links
Toe to toe
Dancing very close
Barely breathing
Almost comatose
Wall to wall
People hypnotized
And they're stepping lightly
Hang each night in Rapture
Back to back
Sacroiliac
Spineless movement
And a wild attack
Face to face
Sadly solitude
And it's finger popping
Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture
Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly
DJ's spinning I said my, my
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sais pas, Flashe no deux
And you don't stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you DRIVE real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercuries and Subaru
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock
Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars where the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!
only registered users can see external links
I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all
They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far
My Maserati does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't DRIVE
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked
I'm makin' records, my fans they can't wait
They write me letters, tell me I'm great
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall
Just leave a message, maybe I'll call
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody say, "I'm cool, " "He's cool")
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far
I go to parties sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed
They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time
(Everybody say, "Oh yeah, " "Oh yeah")
I keep on goin' guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far
Ah, yeah, yeah
only registered users can see external links
One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again
Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh no, uh
So I signed my name on number 24, hey
Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more, huh
I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint"
Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?"
I say "Yeah!, Oh yeah"
Write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh yeah
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive) 55, uh
When I drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer
And I can't get my car out of second gear
What used to take two hours now takes all day
Huh, it took me 16 hours to get to L.A.
Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55
No, no, no, I can't drive, (I can't drive 55)
I can't drive (I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
I can't stop
The way I feel
Things you do
Don't seem real
Tell you what I got in mind
'Cause we're runnin' out of time
Won't you ever set me free?
This waitin' 'round's killin' me
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
I can't get
Any rest
People say
I'm obsessed
Everything you say is lies
But to me that's no surprise
What I had for you was true
Things go wrong, they always do
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
I won't make it
On my own
No one likes
To be alone
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
New Comment Go to top