Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Top, Bottom, or Versatile?

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #2

Pages:  #1   #2  

Started by JustWill [Ignore] 14,Apr,17 13:26  other posts
I recently created a poll asking whether members see themselves as a Top, a Bottom, or Versatile, and figured that I would post a companion topic in the Forum in case anyone wished to expand upon their answer.

Because I find it annoying when members start this type of thread but don't share their own info or story, I'll start:

I am, and always have been, completely and happily Versatile when it comes to guy/guy sex. (My long time partner is too, so it works out very well for both of us!)
It all depends on my mood at the time, and what my partner wants during any given encounter.

New Comment       Rating: -1  

Comments:
By #220845 26,Apr,17 14:59
Both
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 16:00 other posts 
Equally, or do you practice one role more than the other?

By #453433 26,Apr,17 14:44
I like being a bottom my first sexual encounter with a man was when I was 13 he was older and he fucked me and everyone after that I always got fucked, I love woman but every now and then I enjoy man on man sex.
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 15:58 other posts 
Never tried it as a Top?

By Hrnyboy90 [Ignore] 25,Apr,17 19:20 other posts 
I prefer bottom more because I think it's more fun to be dominated.. not too mention cumming from being fucked is about the most intense orgasm you can have.. not too say I wouldn't try topping but the mood would def have to be right for that
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 12:01 other posts 
What would make the mood 'right' for you to want to try it?
By Hrnyboy90 [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 13:21 other posts 
Just have to be the right type of guy with the right type of body

By #525094 26,Apr,17 06:32
Im a bottom my dick is to small to top
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 11:57 other posts 
Being a top can also be about ATTITUDE.

By #530181 24,Apr,17 12:33
I have been both and enjoy both. No preference.
By JustWill [Ignore] 26,Apr,17 11:57 other posts 
The best of both worlds!

By #363802 24,Apr,17 16:45
I'm a total bottom!
By JustWill [Ignore] 25,Apr,17 15:29 other posts 
If you don't mind my asking, has your experience been exclusively as a bottom?
By #363802 25,Apr,17 18:22
Yes, I've always been a bottom for someone.

By bi1953 [Ignore] 25,Apr,17 15:53 other posts 
Versatile. I love it all!
By JustWill [Ignore] 25,Apr,17 15:54 other posts 
I am right on the same page as you.

By JustWill [Ignore] 19,Apr,17 12:40 other posts 
/polls/534.html

So far, the poll indicates that the majority of voters see themselves as Bottoms. That's not what I was expecting.
By #23212 19,Apr,17 14:19
You could consider a possible alternative: A higher proportion of 'Bottoms' vote in polls like this?
By JustWill [Ignore] 20,Apr,17 12:36 other posts 
Are 'Bottoms' hard-wired to be unable to resist poll voting?
By #23212 21,Apr,17 01:58
I would think, that like most of us, they would prefer to have an 'outlet' which can be 'plugged' and 'unplugged' as desired, rather than one which is "hard wired".
By cumjohn [Ignore] 21,Apr,17 05:40 other posts 
In all these years fucking with guys i have discovered that there is much more bottoms than tops.
By admin [Ignore] 24,Apr,17 12:59 other posts 
From what I have seen on BDSM forums where females look for male masters and males look for female mistresses, good tops are rare and in high demand. There are always those who try to pretend to be tops just to get some, but they get almost instantly revealed in that community. So usually bottoms are the majority there.

I'm not sure why is that. May be good tops are naturally rare or may be they just don't need to use internet. It's logical to assume that since they are tops they probably behave same way in life, not just in sex and therefore can find all pussy/dick they want without announcements in internet. I assume they just walk, occasionally see what they like and immediately pursue and in most cases get it, since they are probably convincing and look assuring. Otherwise they would not be good tops.
By JustWill [Ignore] 24,Apr,17 14:38 other posts 
I think that the BDSM community uses the terms Top and Bottom in a different sense than the gay/bi community does. In BDSM, they indicate dominance or submission more than the penetrator/non-penetrator roles in gay/bi sex.
By admin [Ignore] 24,Apr,17 16:03 other posts 
I understand that indeed, but I think it's really more about who is in control / has a leading role. Both in BDSM and gay relationship. Well, I don't know about gay part, I can only suppose. But I'm quite sure about BDSM, I knew quite a few people who were into that.

It's kinda hard to explain my logic. You see, in life most of us are either passive and serving or aggressive and command other people (or at least try). I'm simplifying now, of course. This in some way should affect our sex life. When you are straight and a man you don't really have much options other than penetrate and possess. But I SUPPOSE when you are gay you can chose your role and if you are serving and passive in life I think you would choose a passive role, rather than active. I may be wrong, indeed.

And I do not mean this as a strict rule, I mean statistically. I know that some people are completely opposite in sex than they are in life if we are talking about aggressiveness and leadership. But I think this is not typical.
By #511804 24,Apr,17 21:48
I think it is what ever floats your boat as long as no one is hurt. I think as JustWill does in this thread the top bottom was the penetration which is a very common term in the gay/bi life style.

By spermkiss [Ignore] 21,Apr,17 11:13 other posts 
Will, you just keep coming up with the most brilliant topics.

I absolutely deplore the terms "top" and "bottom" and refuse to have either applied to me. As a bona fide old fart (74 years old) I remember the days when flirting was going on and the prospect of a sexual encounter was looming the question "What do you like to do?" was considered tres gauche. The most important factor was the chemistry between the parties involved. It was just presumed that each would have a big enough sexual repertoire that they would find something that was mutually enjoyable. Admittedly, this didn't always happen, but among my thousands of sexual hook-ups the times when there was a total sexual mismatch I could count on the fingers of one hand.

Admittedly, there are some things I like to do better (right now, I ain't sayin' what), but with the right man and under the right circumstances the is very little I wouldn't do. Nowadays, however, every gay man seems compelled to put his preferred sexual position right out there at first meeting. Gentlemen, discretion is the better part of valor.
By JustWill [Ignore] 21,Apr,17 13:18 other posts 
I totally understand what you mean, spermkiss. I also have never been a fan of the "top/bottom" categorization. Partly, my dislike is because of the implied dominant/submissive and masculine/feminine undertones to those terms. (The fact that many people, when discussing a male/male relationship still feel justified in asking: "Who is the 'girl' in bed?" infuriates me.) I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of guy/guy sex, and I am neither submissive nor feminine by any stretch of the imagination. I do, however, take great pleasure in making my partner happy (and some things just feel too darn good to pass up!),so I am as versatile in bed as the moment requires.
Which leads to the main reason I dislike those terms. They don't actually apply to my own experience with gay sex. Growing up and experimenting with my sexuality, my much adored pair of sibling lovers and I (they were siblings, and never involved physically with each other, I was just the lucky guy who got to play with them)merely did what felt good, what gave ourselves and each other pleasure, and didn't really question things or assign labels. We only did what we were comfortable with, and never asked each other for things that they weren't willing to do. That attitude has been the one I've carried for my entire life.
I only used "top" and "bottom" in my post because I know that not all gay/bi men see sex the way that I do, and because using the vernacular seemed the easiest way to express the question. Knowing that many guys define themselves by the 'role' they play in bed, I specifically asked how they "see themselves", not how others view them. I was hoping that a few members would discuss why they feel suited to a certain 'category'--mostly because I have always struggled to understand the need to do so.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2  

Show It Off