Discover your full Abilities!

Tired of ads
on this site?

*MUSIC CHAT*

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #2

Pages:  #1   #2   #3  

Started by mr_blue [Ignore] 07,Sep,15 15:38  other posts
Everyone loves music...without it we are alone...I could live without tv.....but not music....

lets talk music....

only registered users can see external links

Enjoy that piece of music....

New Comment       Rating: 1  

Comments:
By #502711 23,Sep,16 08:09
I don't watch tv at all, just a brainwashing propaganda tool. But I agree, I couldn't live a life without music.

Here's a link to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands: only registered users can see external links

Here's a masterpiece I love too: only registered users can see external links

Enjoy!
By #517480 23,Sep,16 14:41
love Rush
By #502711 23,Sep,16 19:40
By leopoldij [Ignore] 23,Sep,16 15:55 other posts 
"I don't watch tv at all..."
you're the man.
i'm 200% with you.
By leopoldij [Ignore] 23,Sep,16 15:57 other posts 
first video not available, unfortunately. please post the name so i can search or an alternative link. second one is very nice.
By #502711 23,Sep,16 19:39
That's a shame. The song is called "Evening star" by Tyr
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Sep,16 07:23 other posts 
Is that it?
By #502711 24,Sep,16 09:19
Yes & that movie is awesome!
By leopoldij [Ignore] 24,Sep,16 17:46 other posts 
Oh it's a movie? I didn't realise that.
By #502711 25,Sep,16 07:41
Well the song is not apart of the film clip. Someone just dubbed the song over an edit of the movie. It's called Valhalla Rising: only registered users can see external links
By #358797 23,Sep,16 16:11
Tyr is badass. This one ( only registered users can see external links ) is a fave of mine.
By #502711 23,Sep,16 19:39
I've heard all of their songs, there's not one I don't like!

By #517480 22,Sep,16 19:36
I think that no one has heard this song of Elg before. I think it's fantastic, Its a bit quiet and dark.

This is a recording from a Norwegian series.
--------------------------------------- added after 104 minutes

Here is also a 2 wonderful song of a man called Sivert Høyem.

By milesbferry [Ignore] 23,Sep,16 20:03 other posts 
Oah! I think you should stop watching Norwegian TV programmes. It's best to sing english, and it sounds OK. Are you in love with the pretty boy?
--------------------------------------- added after 14 minutes

I'm surprised our US friends haven't commented on the second two songs - first, bluesey, second, very 2002! But they usually ignore anyone who isn't american
By bella! [Ignore] 23,Sep,16 20:45 other posts 
Oh, milesb, are you trying to start some stuff? That's so not true. As far as Norwegian recording artists, I'm not aware of any featured on my radio stations and I do not and will not pay to subscribe to any radio format.

Just a question for you, milesb, were you familiar with the artists or songs that Sigurd referenced? You're a heck of a lot closer to Norway than I am in Michigan.
By milesbferry [Ignore] 24,Sep,16 11:31 other posts 
No, not starting something. What I meant was – I listened to the three links that Sigurd put in his post, and commented on them. Has anyone else taken the trouble to listen to them? Well, have you!!

Not exactly 'ignoring', either the music or Sigurd, just not 'listening'.

No, I'd never heard of Elg or Sivert. But I have heard and seen live a couple of Norwegian musicians, at jazz festivals in the last 30 years or so! They have to be internationally famous for us to get them here. Jan Garbarek and Silje Nergaard. I also have a Gilles Peterson CD, Worldwide 1, with jazz musician Bugge Wesseltoft on it - (All I wanted was to make you) Feel Good.

The only other Norwegian musician I've heard of is some guy called Grieg, and his friend Peer Gynt. Oh, and Royksopp, who do electronica. A friend lent me a CD once – it's OK.

Now, radio stations. You can get an app for phone or tablet called TuneIn Radio, so you can listen to any radio station you want. I listen to:

FIP Radio (French, wide range of styles, minimum chat, no inane babble between songs)

Shonan Beach 78.9FM (Japanese, if they do babble you can't understand it, Midnight Jazz, very restful)

YLE Klassinen (Finland, minimal babble, long pieces of music)

All three are on TuneIn Radio.

I listen to FIP a lot, then the music they are playing in only a few clicks away on Amazon! I've discovered Lisa Ekdahl, Lizz Wright, Fatoumata Diawara, Dengue Fever, and others on FIP.

Say no to DJs. The only shock a jock should get is 10,000 volts on his nuts!

While I'm having a Lazy Sunday Afternoon (well, a day early) here's a link to the Steve Marriott (Small Faces, Humble Pie) song, a classic Brit cockney London band of around 1968, off the album 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' (brilliant name!).

Saw him live in the 80s. Unfortunately, died in a house fire in 91.
By #517480 24,Sep,16 00:16
hehe a bit difficult as long as I live in Norway. While this discussion forum is focused on Music, I think it was fun to share music that not many have heard of. But English and American rock is what I love. And by the way all the songs i posted went in English mate
By #502711 24,Sep,16 02:25
Most of the bands I like are from Scandinavia. Dimmu Borgir for instance has been a long time favorite of mine.
By #358797 24,Sep,16 05:23
I'm in the same boat. Scandinavian metal is my thing.
By bella! [Ignore] 24,Sep,16 11:24 other posts 
Arexa, is Scandinavian metal something heard on the radio or how did you become familiar with it?
By #358797 24,Sep,16 11:59
I developed a taste for Scandinavian metal in my early teens. I grew up on metal, but it wasn't enough for me. I decided to expand my tastes. .. Picked up a copy of Metal for the Masses when I was like 14/15... It came with a mp3 CD with 500+ tracks of brutal awesomeness... Introduced me to Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Meshuggah, and In Flames... Life was never the same after that. lol
As far as broadening the horizon after that CD... I downloaded anything I could off of limewire.... Got the CDs of what I liked, deleted what I didn't. Now, I surf YouTube and message Swedes on here... I've found some lovely artists that way...

And after all these years... One of the first Scandinavian metal tracks I'd ever come across is still one of my favorite tunes ever... only registered users can see external links .
By bella! [Ignore] 25,Sep,16 00:52 other posts 
Thank you for your response, Arexa.
By milesbferry [Ignore] 24,Sep,16 11:26 other posts 
Thank you for sharing! I like to hear music that I haven't heard before, and I followed your links.

So I know they were in English! That's what I meant by best sung in English – so we all know what the songs are about.

By jayman73 [Ignore] 26,Apr,16 12:18 other posts 
So, what does everybody think about N.W.A being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
By #485312 27,Aug,16 02:59
never heard of them *lix*
By #181785 21,Sep,16 01:47
Comprised of Dr Dre, Easy E, Ice Cube and another guy. The band the movie Straight Outta Compton is about. They were a gangster Rap Band. The name is Niggers With Attitude. Hence the reason for just using NWA as here in the States their first name is considered highly offensive and racist.
By Stigma33 [Ignore] 22,Sep,16 15:30 other posts 
Rock and roll is more than just a genre of music though and what they did was pretty fucking rock and roll if you asked me....

By _avg_ [Ignore] 22,Sep,16 02:46 other posts 
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
~Aldous Huxley

....yeah, I said it before, but like good music, it bears repeating.

By #204766 19,Sep,16 09:44
Anyone like ministry
By #507249 20,Sep,16 21:00
Fuckin' A!!!! Ministry is awesome!!
By #204766 21,Sep,16 20:53
Amazing live

By leopoldij [Ignore] 18,Sep,16 21:12 other posts 
And here's a piece of classical music

By leopoldij [Ignore] 31,Aug,16 02:59 other posts 
Well, here's a serious song by a senior guy that you'll like.

By #487013 27,Aug,16 22:54
By #507249 31,Aug,16 00:24
Fucking awesome!! Haven't heard them in ages!

By jayman73 [Ignore] 26,Apr,16 12:17 other posts 
Lonnie Mack, one of the greatest blues guitarist ever, has passed away.

By big9inch21 [Ignore] 23,Jan,16 04:30 other posts 
I'm wasted and re living the 80's I was feeling like posting this only registered users can see external links
--------------------------------------- added after 181 hours

I remember this being one of the whackiest music videos of the 80's only registered users can see external links
By bella! [Ignore] 30,Jan,16 17:06 other posts 
I actually like that song.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 26,Apr,16 11:12 other posts 

By jayman73 [Ignore] 21,Apr,16 23:19 other posts 
Dear music legends, please stop dying. We're losing too many of you, way too soon.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 22,Apr,16 17:53 other posts 

By jayman73 [Ignore] 21,Apr,16 23:17 other posts 
Rest in Peace, Percy Sledge. He was one of the greatest soul singers of all times.

By jayman73 [Ignore] 17,Apr,16 00:56 other posts 
So, what does everyone think about Axl Rose becoming the new lead singer of AC/DC?
By HunterAce [Ignore] 17,Apr,16 01:44 other posts 
Love Axl but he lost his pipes a long time ago unfortunately

By #358797 25,Jan,16 00:52
This chunk of shit popped up on my crap you might like list.... Am I the only person frightened by this weirdo?
By jayman73 [Ignore] 25,Jan,16 01:28 other posts 
No. But what is even more frightening, is that I have watched it three times already. It's a catchy song. I guess it's like a train wreck, you just can't look away.
By #358797 25,Jan,16 01:43
Dear baby jeebus... His scary smile, then the floppy-wristed motorcycle with a bad starter dance combined with the hahaha hahaha hahaha brlrlrlrlr hahaha.... I just can't... Lol.
By #507249 12,Mar,16 04:17
Umm...I need to ask; wtf are you normally listening to that this heap of crap got "recommended" to you? I thought we had similar taste in music but maybe not....
By #358797 12,Mar,16 07:07
I was drunken youtubing... Normally doesn't go to well for me.
By #507249 12,Mar,16 10:03
That makes more sense! Lol

By mr_blue [Ignore] 30,Dec,15 01:28 other posts 
“Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister

“1945 -2015

“Born to lose, lived to win.”
By big9inch21 [Ignore] 30,Dec,15 17:50 other posts 
RIP Lemmy MotorHead will never be the same.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 30,Dec,15 18:11 other posts 
Dude was a legend...
By #507249 09,Mar,16 16:09
Lemmy was for sure a legend...touched a lot of hearts within the rock community. They streamed his funeral on you tube; it was off the chain! Everybody was there! It was a hell of a send off for a true bad ass! Rest In Peace Lemmy! You'll forever be missed
By mr_blue [Ignore] 10,Mar,16 10:32 other posts 
I watched a documentary about him a few months back,very intelligent man and very misunderstood by the mainstream media..He was an avid historian with a penchant for nazi uniforms and weapons...his drinking exploits are legendary.
Dude was truly one of a kind...an 'ace of spades' you could say... (excuse the cheesy line)
By #507249 11,Mar,16 00:00
Yeah, he was an interesting cat, that's for damn sure. It's funny, I wasn't a big motorhead fan till about 12 years ago and I really watched him play bass and I was like "wtf, he plays it like a guitar"! So it sparked my interest and I started paying attention! Glad I did because they've cranked out some great music over the years!!

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3  

Show It Off