Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

*Honesty*

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #2

Pages:  #1   #2  

Started by mr_blue [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 07:14  other posts
Is honesty the best policy ?

Is it better to lie to someone to be nice to them ?
So you don't hurt their precious ego ?

Can you be honest with someone without hurting their feelings ?

New Comment       Rating: 1  

Comments:
By #396572 07,Apr,15 15:47
It depends

Work: all about lies anyway. Dog eat dog. Swim with the sharks.

Private/personal, yes, total honesty but cushion the message and remember that the Receiver is human and has Feelings

In between, e.g. this site, depends on how cruel or fun-feeling you are today. Some People Need dependence on others to prop them up in their delusions of life. Cruel honesty is the solution unless you want to be their lifebelt and blame-prop for ever. Others are nice People whose Feelings Need to be respected. What´s the difference? Dunno ,depends on the mood (People i like excepted, kisses for you always).

So i suppose, the answer to the question is more about how much you give a shit about hurting their Feelings.

PS random insertion of capital letters seems to happen by itself.
By bella! [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 16:54 other posts 
Thank you, dear!

By #472648 07,Apr,15 12:14
I guess it's all in the way you deliver the message. If the truth ain't prerty it doesn't necessarily mean you have to crush someone with it. Generally speaking I think a lot of people should try to choose their words more carefully anyway...
By bella! [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 12:48 other posts 
How you deliver the message, for sure.

If the message is conveyed via a text message, a private message, an email, etc., you do not have benefit of hearing the tone of the voice, or to see the facial expressions or body language so it would be important to choose your words carefully unless you really don't care about the recipient's 'precious ego'.

By #470422 07,Apr,15 07:51
I'd rather some one tell me right out they don't like my pics. To many people here have stupid pics or poor pics you can hardly make. Honesty is the only way they will know their pics suck. And maybe it's time to replace a few or take new ones. But that just one mans opinion. . So be honest and tell me if you like my pics, or don't like my pics.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 10:03 other posts 
My starting point on SYD is not to offend or hurt anyone. Sometimes I am asked to say what I think of a persons pics or their dick. If there are faults with the photography, such as using a camera phone and geting low quality images I would suggest they try to get higher quality pics, but would not be brutal about their low quality pics. If I am asked to comment on a dick I tend to take the stand taken by suggested by Thumper's mother - "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing all".
By bella! [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 10:38 other posts 
Hell to the yeah to Thumper's mother!

By bella! [Ignore] 07,Apr,15 09:31 other posts 
That is a very tricky question. Certainly "honesty is the best policy". I guess ones honesty would depend on who you are being honest with.

If your family member or dear friend was sporting a dress or a suit coat that you felt didn't compliment them and they asked for your opinion, yes, be honest. But there are ways to be honest without being hurtful. Who am I to judge what someone might like or feel good about?

I cannot imagine being blunt or "honest" with a stranger. When I was interning at a local pharmacy, a gentleman came in that looked like he wrestled with a bear and smelled even worse. When interacting with him, I quickly learned to breathe through my mouth. Is it my position to guide him to the soap aisle?

The sentence(s) you wrote;

Is it better to lie to someone to be nice to them ? 
So you don't hurt their precious ego ? 

I do not believe that you're referring to a family member or a dear friend. Is there a right or wrong way to handle this person? It's totally up to you.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2  

Show It Off