Using Social Sites!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

The "What others think about this member" button

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Started by JustWill [Ignore] 02,Apr,16 14:52  other posts
Have you tried it yet?
It's under the SOMETHING PERSONAL button on the member's page.
A nice addition by Admin where you can post a comment about an SYD/C friend and let them, and others, know how you feel about them.
If you click the one on YOUR page, you can see what notes others have left about you.
A cool chance to give your friends some love!

New Comment       Rating: 2  

Similar topics: 1.New feature - gifts   2.Some more small changes   3.*** "Edit Button is fixed now" ... I just wish it was in more places on this site , How about you ? ***   4.What happens when you....   5.POTM spamming  

Comments:
By JustWill [Ignore] 27,May,16 10:00 other posts 
So, how well is this feature working out?
Anyone getting any nice comments from site members?
How about unexpected comments that surprised you?
I've had a handful of folks leave some love on my page. That kinda stuff can really make a person's day.
By bella! [Ignore] 28,May,16 09:02 other posts 
Being able to offer praises to another is wonderful option however, in my opinion, the feature needs to be tweaked a bit.

1) It's hard to find. I wonder why a more prominent place was not chosen? Who really knows that if you are inclined to post a praise, must click on the member's smiley face and directly under their stats, is the area where you can offer your praise? I dunno, our work credo is "simplify, simplify, simplify"......

2) If a member has figured out how to find this spot and offers praise to another, the recipient of said praise has no way of knowing that there was a comment left as there is no notification system. I don't know about you, but I'm not checking daily to see if someone has said something kind about me.

What about you, JustWill, what are your thoughts on this matter?
By JustWill [Ignore] 28,May,16 10:19 other posts 
It's a cool feature and I wish more members would use it.

I figured out how to use it shortly after it was added, and posted these instructions: "On your page, it's the "let's Get Personal" button. Click that for a drop-down that has "What others think of you". That shows you the comments you've gotten."

You can also access the feature on a members page by clicking the "Something Personal" button for a drop-down that gives you an option to see "What others think of this member". The member's "smiley face" can also get you there.

I just think that folks are not aware of the feature (which is why I kicked it to the top of the Forum once more) or don't care to be bothered with it. Which is a shame.

Also, it looks like Admin HAS added a notification for when folks leave you a comment. It pops up at the bottom of your page just like PMs and gifts do!
By bella! [Ignore] 28,May,16 10:43 other posts 
It is such a nice feature to be able to acknowledge another member for something other than their body parts! People are much more than a nice nutsack, wiener, arse, tits, boobs, etc. And that brings it FULL CIRCLE to what makes members exciting. If they're only ticking your box by meeting your visual/physical desires, you're missing a whole lot more.

By the way, thanks for the tips on how you can access that area!

I've had several comments posted with the most recent one being two weeks ago. I don't recall seeing a notification alert, the member actually sent me the link. I guess they also didn't know how the darn thing worked.
--------------------------------------- added after 2 hours

I guess the notification option does work. I posted a PRAISE on a member's page and he thanked me.

I've been been blessed by meeting some truly beautiful members here!

By pifad [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 14:58 other posts 
I used it on thirdleg's profile
By bella! [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 15:27 other posts 
Oh! 30,000 members and just thirdleg?

Get writing, mister, you have a lot of friends!
By pifad [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 19:28 other posts 
By JeffinKS [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 20:21 other posts 
By bella! [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 20:44 other posts 
What are you laughing about, Jeff? I checked his "friends" list and didn't notice YOUR name. Don't hold your breath, waiting on anything!
By JeffinKS [Ignore] 10,Apr,16 23:00 other posts 
that's ok I am used to it

By JeffinKS [Ignore] 04,Apr,16 08:28 other posts 
so I noticed that you can't see the "something personal" button on your own page.... you only see it on other members profile pages.... so you don't know if anyone wrote anything???
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Apr,16 09:02 other posts 
I hoped that admin would consider having a notification alert to make members aware that there was a message posted.

I'm glad that now the post shows a date and time stamp however, I wish admin consider closing the post after "x" amount of time, like in the forum, after 4 hours, you can no longer edit your post. Currently, this feature is similar to the comment feature for the abuse/evaluation panel voting members. You are entitled to 1 post and the comment feature keeps going and going. My point being, if I make a comment about you today and in 2 months from now and I think of something else, there's not a new post with a new date, it seems like you will only be able to build upon the original message.
By JustWill [Ignore] 04,Apr,16 12:02 other posts 
On your page, it's the "let's Get Personal" button. Click that for a drop-down that has "What others think of you". That shows you the comments you've gotten.

By JeffinKS [Ignore] 03,Apr,16 00:51 other posts 
I was going to write something about this.. but every way I tried.. just made me sound like a "whiny bitch"
so I will just monitor this space on my profile and see if anything ever shows up...but I doubt it

By bella! [Ignore] 02,Apr,16 16:07 other posts 
Yes, it is a nice addition, I just wish that there was an "alert" that was visible that would indicate that there's a message posted and a date.
By #494374 02,Apr,16 19:55
I haven't seen anyone use it yet myself, but I think thats because a lot of people dont know about it yet.
By JustWill [Ignore] 02,Apr,16 22:47 other posts 
That's why I started this thread. Spread the word!

New Comment   Go to top

Show It Off