Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Veterans Day

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Started by #460385 [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 08:08
Today is Veterans day. A day to honor all American Veterans dead or alive. If you have a family member who is a Vet. Give them a call today and just simply tell them "thank you". If you have a friend or a co-worker that's a Vet. Shake their hand today and simply say "thank you". It means more to them then you think.

New Comment       Rating: 0  

Similar topics: 1.Estim   2.TO OUR VETERANS   3.9/11 Anniversary   4.Veterans!   5.Veterans Day  

Comments:
By routemaster [Ignore] 14,Nov,15 04:10 other posts 
I always observe the two minutes silence on Remembrance Sunday as a mark of respect for all those who lost their lives and also those who came back, in many cases traumatized and crippled. Both my grandfathers lost legs in the First World War before they were 20 years old and lived for another half century or so with wooden legs. Also, on the actual Armistice Day, 11th November this year, I got on a bus just before 11 a.m. and an announcement was made that the bus engines would be switched off and we would wait where we were to observe the two minute silence and every other bus in London did the same, a wonderful gesture by Transport for London. And yes, I always wear a poppy with PRIDE

By LeatherAndLace [Ignore] 13,Nov,15 23:33 other posts 
We take the fight to them so they can't bring it to us!

By mr_blue [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 16:18 other posts 
I am not a badge of honour,

I am not a racist smear,

I am not a fashion statement,

To be worn but once a year,

I am not glorification

Of conflict or of w@r.

I am not a paper ornament

A token,

I am more.

I am a loving memory,

Of a f@ther or a s0n,

A permanent reminder

Of each and every one.

Im paper or enamel

I’m old or shining new,

I’m a way of saying thank you,

To every one of you.

I am a simple poppy

A Reminder to you all,

That courage faith and honour,

Will stand where heroes fall.

Remembrance day as it's known to UK folks,is commemorated by some by wearing a poppy...this is a poem to those that gave their lives to conflicts over the ages and what the poppy represents to many...
By redhead [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 16:41 other posts 
Thank you for your beautiful and thoughtful poem.
Thank you to all veterans. We'll never forget!

By pifad [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 14:47 other posts 
Thank you fellow veterans!!
By bella! [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 15:26 other posts 
Thank you, pifad, for YOUR service!

By HunterAce [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 14:43 other posts 
Here, here

By bella! [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 09:04 other posts 
Thank you, countryboy, thank YOU for YOUR service to our country!
--------------------------------------- added after 13 minutes

● As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. —John F. Kennedy

● Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country's cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his br0ther in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. - Abraham Lincoln

● How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! —Maya Angelou

● Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to f0rce; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. —Winston Churchill

● The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation. –George Washington

● Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. – Ronald Reagan
By #460385 11,Nov,15 10:10
Great stuff, bella.
By bella! [Ignore] 11,Nov,15 10:22 other posts 
I thought you might like Ronald Reagan's words.
By #460385 11,Nov,15 11:33
Here are two pounded into a Marine's head from your first day. "If I charge, follow me. If I retreat, kill me. If I die, avenge me.. "Your soul belongs to God, but your ass belongs to the Marines".

New Comment   Go to top

Show It Off