Using Just Your Hands!

Tired of ads
on this site?

*World Views*

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #8

Pages:  #1... #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   #11   #12   ...#43

Started by mr_blue [Ignore] 21,Apr,15 11:21  other posts
What's poppin' where you are ? Care to share ?

Current events, rants and raves...general chit chat...politics..
Have a discussion

Anything bugging you,maybe the members could help you with your problem ?

New Comment       Rating: 3  

Comments:
By kebmo [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 04:04 other posts 
"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right."
-Ricky Gervais

By #551147 17,Jan,19 03:05
How about that Theresa May!!
By mr_blue [Ignore] 17,Jan,19 03:11 other posts 
what about her ?

By phart [Ignore] 28,Sep,18 15:04 other posts 
I also wanted to ask about a couple other things related to the Kavanaugh hearing.
IF we as a country really agree that we want what is best,why are we not working towards that goal?
Has anyone but me noticed the age of everyone involved when things supposedly happened? 15 and 17. Now,if the liberals really gave a shit about justice, why are they not going after the 1's providing the alcohol that allowed these youngan's to get drunk in the first place?
They facilitated the conditions for which the males became drunk,and the girls became victims.There should be some responsibility and punishment for those that made the conditions ripe for this all to be possible.Just as it would be today.It is against the law to buy and or provide alcohol to a person to young to buy it on their own.
Now,please,don't come up and say,"oh it has been to long since that happened,you couldn't possibly think those folks remember providing liquor for those k1ds." Well if you were to say that,I would respond,"is it not convenient that other issues such as the attempt to remove a shirt remembered so vividly?"

Also,were where the parents of the young lady when she went to this party,and then home soused out and dragging? She was ****,drunk and distraught,yet her parents apparently did nothing to find out why? IF she was 18,yea she would be on her own,but at 15 her parents were liable and responsible for her.If she is telling the truth,they allowed their daughter to suffer.Question,was it right for them to do that?

And if he is guilty or even if he was just out drinking, where were his parents,letting him be out and drunk? Parents are supposed to responsible for their k1ds and make sure they behave.
By #562152 28,Sep,18 15:33
All good questions,,,i'm not sure about her family but, he came from an entitled family,,money there,,,he was probably a spoiled brat and able to get alcohol and other things
By phart [Ignore] 28,Sep,18 15:41 other posts 
I can agree with that.
--------------------------------------- added after 48 hours

EDIT, have you noticed once someone posted serious questions meant to get to the core and center of the problem at hand,no one but you responded? Makes me think perhaps you Two warm are the only other person here capable of thinking for yourself and having some brains!.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 30,Sep,18 16:22 other posts 
What serious questions have you posted ?
What exactly is the problem at hand that you talk about?
By phart [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 10:10 other posts 
Read it,this lady is claiming they were at a party,DRUNK while 15 and 17 years old. The questions legitimately ask, How did these teens get the alcohol and who provided it and where were their parents in all this?
The only concern that is being brought up by the libs is he supposedly tried to remove her shirt while drunk and laughing.
BOTH were TO young to have access to alcohol in the first place but that does not seem to be a concern. WHY??:??

BESIDES,the actions be claimed by the Ford lady happened when both were minor's. That to me means their PARENTS should be the 1's being held responsible for their actions.We all know that can't happen and will not. Not really logical.But the point is,alot of lousy parenting going on then for sure.
By JustWill [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 16:29 other posts 
Odd--
EVERY argument you have made has been about putting the blame on anyone and anything EXCEPT Kavanaugh.
It was the beer, blame the parents, he was just a young boy, why was she there, it's the Dems, etc.
As a judge, he is responsible for holding people accountable.
How can he do that fairly if he doesn't hold himself accountable?
By #562152 01,Oct,18 17:41
phart, what I've noticed is that the forums are no longer as popular to post serious questions. We have a crap load of gay forums and silly threads. And, yes, I've noticed that many times the answers are not given. I have a theory about that. I believe there's a group in these forums that have a private GROUP and there they agree to ignore certain members that either give them an opposing view or maybe don't like the usual subjects these members post
--------------------------------------- added after 4 minutes

however, I agree with JustWill,,the one and only person that should be held responsible for this antisocial behavior, is Judge Kavanaugh. I believed Dr Ford, but, there's no proof it's true yet. But a judge has to be held to a higher standard. If there's even a hint of bad behavior he should not be voted to the Supreme Court.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:00 other posts 
I think some people like to gossip and see things that aren't there ,then post anything to get the slightest bit of attention..
I see a lot of people here say one thing but do another..
Which group are you talking about ?
And does anyone really care anyway...?
If you dish it out you gotta take what comes back...
And people really wanted to ignore someone, there's a blacklist option
By #562152 01,Oct,18 19:12
i hear you Mr Blue. I don't know what group. Do you? Also, am I one of those people that should accept the dishing out? Blacklisting is for really serious occasions and for cowards that can't face an opposing point of view or opinion. I believe you are accusing me of gossiping about thing that are not true (as you see it). I truly believe what i wrote above. Should i keep it inside because other people don't believe it? This is your forum thread. You "paid" your 15 points. So, allow me to apologize. I wouldn't want you to get heated up. And, BTW, no,,i really don't care either. I found that there's the forums where i have a funny reputation,,and then there's the popularity of my page, pics, and my chats (friendly chats) with many friends and others. But, here, in the chats, there's always one with a "blue" personality,
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:35 other posts 
being famous on the internet is like being rich in monopoly...
It's all good,I will just lmfao as usual....
And all this I have more friends, popularity stuff is so highsch00l....but anyway,I'll just fuck off and feel blue....
By phart [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:01 other posts 
Ok,so if he holds himself accountable, it is ok for everyone else to forget about their part in it and move along? Eh,can't agree with that.'If there is to be equality and justice FOR ALL, then ALL should be held to the same level of accountability. Not just the 1's it is convenient for a particular political party.
So Yes,he would be responsible for holding others accountable.How can he do that fairly and without bias when the system can not even handle his situation to the same standard?
A hint of bad behavior? Hell,we would not have a government or a justice system if we held everyone accountable for being young, dumb, and full of cum would we? There are very few saints willing to run for office or to be appointed to positions.. And uh, we all know the Catholics are having trouble keeping their pants up so that kinda boots them out!
And yes I agree with your theory. But why would they hang a opposing view out there and never defend it or accept the possibility you are looking at it the wrong way? I guess just to annoy people. Which in turn, helps to undermine the credibility of people that bear the same view point they do.Very non productive.
By #562152 01,Oct,18 19:14
phart,,a few saints is all it takes. Look, i can't follow you here anymore, if you want to continue this conversation, lets do it in my forum where people can say what they want,
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:31 other posts 
So you are saying that people cannot say what they like in my thread?

I think most people know that I go straight to the issue at hand and say what I need to to that person directly, whether that be in pm or public...
So if you have something to say to me,I suggest you get it off your chest and leave no illusions as to who you are talking about and to...thank you
By #562152 01,Oct,18 19:41
WHEN I DO I AM ACCUSED OF BEING EITHER NEGATIVE OR NASTY,,BUT,,SINCE YOU'VE ASKED, YES, I MEANT YOU AS PART OF THE PROBLEM, crap,,,sorry about the caps,,i'm not shouting at you, but,,i think i don't need to explain myself, You are one of many (in my humble opinion,,i may be wrong). Anyway, i just posted a new blog. I am tired of complaining to just one person at a time so i just made it PUBLIC knowledge how i feel. Feel free to comment if you like or don't like what i said. And FYI,, i answered your post because it shows up on my page and i believe it's good manners to do so ,,
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:55 other posts 
Who specifically are you talking about ?
And you do need to explain how I'm the problem ?
Just because you post in my thread doesn't mean I automatically assume the comment is for me..
By #562152 01,Oct,18 20:29
It's funny that you say you tell it to people's face but you hide behind unbeguity
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 20:46 other posts 
..I asked you to name names...and you haven't... that's a bit ambiguous on your part,....
What exactly is the problem you have with me ?
By #562152 01,Oct,18 21:14
I think some people like to gossip and see things that aren't there ,then post anything to get the slightest bit of attention

You posted this tonight. That was a direct answer to my post to Mr phart. This was also said to me on another forum a few weeks ago. I'm accused of trying to get attention. You post something and it's the honest truth, I post something and it's to get attention.
And don't think you're that special. I'm not singling you out. You are just the latest to make me feel like this. Since you already know I'll name you, Mr Blue. But you have company
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 21:54 other posts 
Was that a reply to your comment ? I believe it was....was it directed at you,no it wasn't...
It was a generalisation,given how things happen here, it's a fair assumption to make...

But while we are here...
This is for you(TWOWARMTTS2),why the need to post the same comments in multiple threads ? If not to get attention ?
And I haven't said you're not honest,I just think it's a bit needy myself...
It's like your annoyed that people haven't replied the instant you post,we can't all live onsite....maybe you could get some of your friends to join in the forums?
And I don't think I am anything special... I'm just an average guy on the internet posting his junk and opinions...much like many others..
By #562152 01,Oct,18 22:36
You are wrong. I don't expect answers immediately. I never did. And posting in multiple threads is because I want to reach a bigger crowd. Your thread is limited in popularity and I wanted to know what many people thought about my theory. Now,see? You just thought I am a bit needy. Your reaction to my post bothered you and I'm needy, but your reaction,,,,well,,,,that's ok. You don't gossip, you always say the right thing. And, you just waisted 2 hrs trying to tell me I'm a gossip monger that likes the attention. Right
By mr_blue [Ignore] 02,Oct,18 06:40 other posts 
Only I can decide if it was a waste of my time...
And yes I do think you're needy,all the stuff about who is more popular that you post is needy behaviour...
We all want a bit of attention in life,I guess some need more than others..
By #562152 02,Oct,18 07:33
Boy,you are really fixated on this "who is more popular" thing, aren't you. I mentioned that to ilustrate that I don't need to show off in the forums, but, like many on site that want to be king of the site, or queen dick, you fixated on that instead of what I was trying to say. Ok, if you want to think I'm needy, so be it. I think you are a male chauvinist pig with a "I'm superior than you "attitude and a chip on your shoulder when it comes to women that open their mouth. You must be a lonely man. That was my way of wanting a little bit of attention.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:28 other posts 
Who is responsible for Brett Kavanaugh ? He is..
Who is responsible for Trump ? He is..
People are, and should be accountable for their actions..
That's what justice is...I can't really explain it any simpler..
Kavanaugh is supposed to be beyond reproach regardless of his political view..
Shouldn't a murderer get justice if they committed a crime 30 years ago ? Of course they should...
What difference does the time frame have to do with it?
You really seem to miss the point...
By phart [Ignore] 01,Oct,18 19:58 other posts 
Just as you seem to miss the point.
No offense taken,by the way.
Time frame has alot to do with evidence availability.
A murder has a dead body most of the time and evidence collected from it in storage.So a time frame is less damaging to future work. No evidence was collected in the attempted shirt removal and all the folks were drunk,so is their testimony going to be honest memory or politically motivated depending on who they support? How will we know now?
Even with evidence in the Clinton impeachment,a stained dress, they still didn't get him out.

Let me retype from memory here.

Freedom and Justice for All.
If I aint bad mistaken that is in our Pledge of Allegiance to our flag.
The justice part applys to EVERY CITIZEN of the USA.
Including Kavahaugh.Including all the others that contributed to the events that supposedly happened.

If you rob a bank and your girlfriend drives the getaway car, she is supposed to be charged with a crime.
If you buy beer for a **** person,you are supposed to be charged with a crime. Justice as you said,people are supposed to be held accountable.
I am asking why all the other people in the background of this charade are not being held accountable.Strangely it seems it is all for the political motives of the Democrats at the moment.Only Kavanaugh is being held accountable,only his balls are being strung up. There are others that should be right along there with him if a crime was committed.
By #573189 07,Dec,18 17:54
The whole Kavanaugh thing is a farce. I mean ...you gotta be kidding me.The poor girl is used now to compromise a man who is competent ,successful and prominent. Nobody will ever know what happened 36 years ago. And thats it. period.

By mr_blue [Ignore] 02,Dec,18 20:01 other posts 
Anyone see the Wilder V Fury fight ?
By phart [Ignore] 03,Dec,18 17:27 other posts 
why did they fight? what happened? Who are they?
By #551147 03,Dec,18 17:33
Yeah! What he ⬆️ said...
By mr_blue [Ignore] 03,Dec,18 17:40 other posts 
Heavyweight boxing
By phart [Ignore] 04,Dec,18 10:19 other posts 
oh ok,sorry,I didn't know.
thanks.

By mr_blue [Ignore] 03,Dec,18 22:08 other posts 
Keep throwing the comments in my thread,all are welcome..so much fun to be had...

By #562152 03,Dec,18 22:06
Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Mötley Crüe
We could sail away
Or catch a freight train
Or a rocket ship into outer space
Nothin' left to do
Too many things were said
To ever make it feel
Like yesterday did
Seasons must change
Separate paths, separate ways
If we blame it on anything
Let's blame it on the rain
I knew it all along
I'd have to write this song
Too young to fall in love
Guess we knew it all along
That's alright, that's okay
We were walkin' through some youth
Smilin' through pain
Let's turn the page
My friends called today
Down from L.A.
They were shooting pool all night
Sleeping half the day
They said I could crash
If I could find my own way
I told them you were leaving
On a bus to go away
We were two kids in love
Trying to find our way
Held our dreams in our hands
Let our minds run away
We were walkin' through some youth
Smilin' through some pain
That's alright, let's turn the page
And remember what I say girl
And it goes this way
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Now girl, just go away, (here it go)
Don't go way mad
I don't want you mad
Come on girl
Come on baby
I said one more time
Girl, don't go away mad (don't want you mad)
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, don't go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away

By #562152 03,Dec,18 21:51
By GABBY ORR 12/03/2018 08:23 PM EST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who was recently on the brink of losing her job, is now expected to survive the Cabinet shake-up President Donald Trump has spent weeks teasing — and she may have the caravan to thank.

On the verge of firing by a president who has said she isn’t a strong enough defender of the U.S.-Mexico border, Nielsen has adopted — and made sure to publicize — a tough stance in response to the caravan of Central American migrants headed toward the U.S. that Trump turned into a major midterm campaign issue. She has visited the southern border three times since October, and recently hailed Trump as a forceful “leader.”

The firm posture seems to have impressed her most important audience: the president.

Five sources inside and close to the administration describe a clear shift in the president’s feelings toward his DHS chief, about whom he has repeatedly complained over the past year. Her fate is of particular interest because, administration officials say, White House chief of staff John Kelly, a longtime Nielsen mentor and defender, could quickly follow her out the door in frustration.

Even some of her critics concede that Nielsen seems to have bought herself time with some savvy presentation.

By #562152 03,Dec,18 21:49
onald Trump has agreed not to escalate his trade war with China, but many other countries have also been affected by the US president's America First trade policy.

From Spanish olives to Canadian steel, no corner of the world has been untouched by US trade tariffs - a tax on foreign products - since President Trump entered the White House.

Along the way, he has rewritten the rule book for how the US goes about the process of protecting its domestic trade.

Trump and Xi: a temporary truce?
How are tariffs usually made?
A tariff is a tax on a foreign product designed to protect domestic producers in an effort to boost local economies.

But under international trade laws, the US can't just implement them willy-nilly, they need to provide a reason why the tariff is necessary and investigate it fully.

Until recently, the vast majority of US tariffs were justified as countervailing and antidumping duties.

Countervailing duties level the playing field when a foreign industry has been unfairly subsidised
Antidumping duties level the playing field when a foreign industry has been flooding the US market with its products
Not all investigations lead to tariffs - at some point during the process, the US may decide they don't have grounds to be implemented. But many do.

No stone unturned
Under President Trump, the Department of Commerce has begun 122 investigations into anti-dumping/countervailing duties.

ADVERTISEMENT

These tariffs have targeted all corners of the globe, reaching 31 countries total and affecting some $12bn (£9.4bn) in imports.

China has borne the brunt of US scrutiny, with about 40% of countervailing/antidumping investigations targeting Chinese products ranging from aluminium alloy to rubber bands to silk ribbons.

Other countries have found themselves in Mr Trump's crosshairs as well.

After receiving a complaint from California farmers, the US levied tariffs on Spanish olives, arguing that EU payments to olive farmers under the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) constituted an unfair trading subsidy.

Trade wars, Trump tariffs and protectionism explained
Most of the world's olives come from the Mediterranean, but in a meeting with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy last September, Mr Trump signalled a willingness to protect American farmers.

"It must be fair," he said, describing the trade relationship between the US and Spain. "And it must be reciprocal."

That decision affects $68m of Spanish exports to the US and has raised the eyebrows of the EU.

As with Spain, the US has shown no qualms about going after traditional allies such as Canada.

The single largest investigation since Mr Trump took office focused on Canadian aircraft company Bombardier, and affected $5bn of Canadian exports to the US.

Eight months later, the US International Trade Commission found Canada's aircraft industry did not harm US businesses, and the 300% duties against the Bombardier C-Series were cancelled.

Although most tariff investigations targeted mundane industrial products, like carbon and steel wire or mechanical tubing, many could have a real impact on the US consumer.

A far-reaching investigation into citric acid touched three continents, with tariffs issued for Belgium, Columbia and Thailand. The chemical compound mimics the sour tang of lemons and is used in a large amount of common candies and drinks, from Sour Patch Kids to 7Up.

Another massive investigation into biodiesel from Argentina and Indonesia led to tariffs being issued on $1.5bn of imports. The fuel, which is made from plants, is used in diesel cars and lorries, as well as airplanes and trains. The market has huge growth potential in the US, which is a major grower of corn and soybeans, and the tariffs could ostensibly help grow the industry.

Similar tariffs were introduced by the EU in 2012.

Upping the stakes
Tariffs are nothing new.

Over the last decade, the US government collected approximately $283bn in customs duties.

But President Trump has led a charge for the US to get even more aggressive.

Last year, the Commerce Department began 82 probes - nearly double the 56 that Barack Obama's administration started in 2013, its most active year,

And in a significant change in protocol, officials are no longer waiting for companies to petition for help.

Last November, the Department of Commerce self-initiated investigations in Chinese common alloy aluminium.

It was the first time the department acted on its own regarding antidumping or countervailing duties, without a complaint from industry, in decades, and a sign of a shift in the department's policy under the new administration.

"[President Trump] isn't willing to wait for companies to come forward. He wants to do it himself, he wants to have the government decide," says Chad Bown, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

"So he starts self-initiating cases but also... he says we're going to start using other laws where there are much more presidential discretion."

But by far the biggest shift in US trade policy has been Trump's willingness to buck with tradition if it will let him get tariffs through faster.

Trump threatens to pull US out of World Trade Organization
Trump signs trade deal with Mexico and Canada
Rather than go through lengthy antidumping/countervailing investigations - and risk his tariffs being overturned - Trump has introduced hundreds of billions of tariffs under little-used aspects of trade law.

Citing national security concerns, Trump has taken sweeping actions to protect steel and aluminium producers and embarked on a trade war with China, which he accuses of intellectual property theft.

These unusual measures far outweigh traditional antidumping/countervailing investigations. In China alone, traditional investigations target $3.4bn of products, while tariffs retaliating against intellectual property theft target $250bn.

"You now see a lot more import protection that you would typically see arise," Bown says.

Will these stick?
Trump's willingness to think outside the box on trade has made him a thorn in the side of countries like China who can't predict his next move.

They have also led to retaliatory tariffs on hundreds billions of dollars of US goods.

But after a summer of hostile trade negotiations with Canada and Mexico, and an escalating trade war with China, things seem to be calming down.

Last week, he signed United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta). The agreement signalled the end of a long and tense saga between the three neighbours.

He also seems keen to end his trade war with China.

But if Trump's past actions have taught anyone anything, it is that the only thing predictable about his trade policy is its unpredictability.