Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

*World Views*

Discussion Forum on Show It Off

Page #6

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#43

Started by mr_blue [Ignore] 21,Apr,15 11:21  other posts
What's poppin' where you are ? Care to share ?

Current events, rants and raves...general chit chat...politics..
Have a discussion

Anything bugging you,maybe the members could help you with your problem ?

New Comment       Rating: 3  

Comments:
By phart [Ignore] 30,Jan,19 22:05 other posts 
only registered users can see external links

Maby this song will help some folks understand how Obamacare looks to us that worked and had good insurance until it came along.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 31,Jan,19 11:53 other posts 
Those of us not living in the US really don't know enough about the scheme to comment sensibly. The scheme sounded wonderful offering cover to many people who just didn't have cover before. HOWEVER often good ideas have unintended consequences and maybe that is what happened here. I don't know, but the song does make it's point really clearly.
By phart [Ignore] 31,Jan,19 12:52 other posts 
I can't speak for the sincere intentions of the plan from when it started.But,done right some positive changes could have been made to health care.But in the end,it has only cost most of us more money and lower quality care.For example,my father has Barretts esphogus.It can become cancerous. The docotrs did a endoscopy on a set schedule to keep it in check. Until Ocare.When he was 82 he got his last 1 that insurance would cover according to the doctor unless symptoms indicated 1 was needed.He is having issues now and I hope it will not be to late for + treatment if it has turned to cancer.All to save a buck so to speak.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 01,Feb,19 06:43 other posts 
We have to hope then that the President and Congress can get together and correct the flaws that you have encountered while still protecting the most vunerable.
By #578610 01,Feb,19 11:32
The biggest complaint was having to pay for the program whether you participated or not. For the last 8 yrs I've been enrolled in my employer's health insurance. It's very good and recognized by the government as being equivalent to "Obama" care. Many programs are and you don't have to change. Any insurance will stop paying after a set amount. Obama care was established because many, many people did not work for some reason or another (laid off). These people's options for insurance was cost prohibitive. There were problems with it. Sure there were. Still are. They have to be fixed. All programs need a period to fine tune it, and even then, there will always be some that fall through the cracks. I remember having maternity leave and not able to afford health insurance. This is something that is enjoyed by many countries of the world. We are the best and can't take care of the health of our fellow citizens. Sad

By kebmo [Ignore] 25,Jan,19 02:38 other posts 
Even if you don't believe in climate change there's still nothing wrong with reducing pollution, right?
By #551147 25,Jan,19 03:01
I don't necessarily believe it. But agree with you 100%!

Now! Get China, Japan, & India to at LEAST! Get down near the United States levels of pollution. And then we'll talk...
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 25,Jan,19 05:21 other posts 
I can see why you and others would hold this view but we are comparing apples and pears. We in the US, Europe and old Commonwealth countries had our industrial revolutions with their horrific environmental and heath effects in the 19th century. We have generally moved on, the countries that you are talking about are playing catch up with us in the 21st century.
Yes we need to persuade them to reduce their pollution but waiting for them to move before reducing our own pollution is crazy. Surely improving air quality within your own country so that children with Asthma can lead happier, healthier lives has to be a worthy goal on it’s own.
Those in power who wish to continue to burn fossil fuels should be open and honest and say that they are more concerned with money and profit than they are with improving people’s health.
By phart [Ignore] 25,Jan,19 09:59 other posts 
I have no real gripe with reducing polution for the most part.I don't go tossing burnt motor oil on baby ducks or burn tires for weenie roast.But when the county fails my car inspection for .01 % of a certain chemical in the exhaust that infuriates me.
Technology moves forward,and so will emissions.But the greenies tend to forget the economic impact of their drastic changes on the common person.I think the yellow vest thing in France is a good example.The citizens simply can't afford to live under the rules discussed or imposed.
Let things change a bit slower for the better.As a family needs to upgrade their car,let them buy 1 as then can afford to,not failing their current car leaving them walking to work so to speak.It is not quite that strict here yet but it is close.I could go on for hours but let's just say,the greenies need to learn that Rome was not built in a day.
By phart [Ignore] 28,Jan,19 09:33 other posts 
I just read a articale claiming that about half the Germans are supporting a speed limit on the Autobahn to help climate change. I think it said .5 % reduction?.Anyhow,that is about silly to forc# people to slow down and get killed in a wreck by a high speed rearender over a little emissions.That hwy has been speedlimit free since built.Works fine.
--------------------------------------- added after 60 hours

By #551147 22,Jan,19 14:06
This goes out to some of our more vociferous members. Foriegn and Domestic.

Where's your OUTRAGE as to the young boys being verbally assaulted and threatened in Washington, D.C. on a school field trip?

Do you stand by the things that were said to those children?

Where's your outcry, for action against those racist pigs throwing slanderous, vile remarks at a group of kids!?

If ANY one of you think that shit was ok, please speak up.
If you didn't, why haven't you said anything?
Sincere question, why?

I would personally be ASHAMED to identify my beliefs, ideology with ANYONE who thinks that was ok. Where's your outrage?

It's moments like this, that illustrate that liberalism is a mental disorder. That was a shining moment for you Libs and Democrats alike. Where it proudly that you support filth like that, and speaking to a bunch of children in that manner is completely acceptable.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 14:21 other posts 
Well now you have posted about it,people can discuss it can't they?

Maybe you could look at why a group of sch00lkids were taken on a trip without enough chaperones ?
I'm not even excusing the behaviour,but both sides play the blame game,and as I have said previously all media have an agenda....so if it fits a narrative,they will use any tool to stimulate interest....

And this sort of lumping people together as a "particular group" all the time is part of the issue...
Fix the problem, blame no one, personally I take a broad view on all the stuff I see online,even more so with current world affairs...
I don't use Facebook or any other social media,so I am not bombarded with crap from the relevant echo chamber.... unfortunately most people get their news from Facebook or what some celebrity has said...
By #188992 22,Jan,19 14:46

Is this what you're referring to?

I haven't been able to find a clip of the Black Hebrew Israelites abusing the kids but, assuming they did, it seems to me that nobody comes out of this smelling of roses.

There's a sensible right to peaceful protest and that seems to have been mishandled in this case. The reason, speaking just for myself, that I haven't expressed an opinion till now is because I wasn't aware AT ALL. It's not news in the UK.

Hurling insults is never cool. I'm outraged. However, to extrapolate that this means that "liberalism is a mental disorder" is rank sophistry.

By the way: is "voicetrous" a typo or what? Do you mean vociferous or, given the proximity of V to B on the keyboard, were you aiming for boisterous?
By #551147 22,Jan,19 15:14
Couldn't find it out of convenience? Here you go...
➡️ only registered users can see external links

I know how it pains SO many to watch anything on Fox News, but when it's the ONLY source who reports on something. Where else can one get these things from?
By mr_blue [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 15:23 other posts 
Video doesn't show truth, only a sequence of events
By #188992 22,Jan,19 15:29
Thanks for posting the video. It shows the BHI being disgusting and also shows that people on social media have a habit of shooting their mouths off without being in full possession of the facts.

Tucker Carlson's commentary is pretty risible though. It's just his own opinions.

I return to my original reply: nobody came out of that smelling of roses. I'm outraged. It doesn't mean liberalism is a mental disorder. Happy?
By #551147 22,Jan,19 18:39
Thanks SO much Hux!

You've given me a lil faith seeing you declare your outrage. So... Yes! It made me quite happy. 😙

They were kids, you dont fucking talk to kids that way. I can't seem to find the ENTIRE over an hour long video, in order to see the hinted justification of talking to those youngsters in that manner. I think, IF in fact, the children were being shitheads, consider the source, and move on.
THAT would be the grown up thing to do.

Oh! And thanks for bringing my error, up above, to my attention. 🙂
By #188992 23,Jan,19 09:57
Hey Scorpio,

You're more than welcome - on all counts.

Nice to have an Internet discussion with someone open-minded and willing to listen to another person's point of view.
By JustWill [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 15:53 other posts 
FOX isn't the "only source" to report the story, Scorpio. It was covered on CNN and various other media outlets. FOX is the only one that put their particular "spin" on the story, however.

Of course, if you only get your news from FOX, I can see why you might think that no one else covered it.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 16:59 other posts 

Long video version here
By #551147 24,Jan,19 01:34
You're one of the bestest!! Thank you my good man
By JustWill [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 15:51 other posts 
"I'm sure that you had some very fine people on both sides"--D. Trump

What the "Hebrew Israelites" said and did was disgusting. Their comments were racist, foul, and disgusting. How they treated those kids was unpardonable.

But, the behavior of those same kids, when dealing with the Native people who were also there, was also wrong. (Please tell me that you are not defending the smug little prick in the MAGA hat just because he is wearing a cap with your rallying cry emblazoned upon it.)

The Natives weren't insulting them; the kids were mocking the Indians. The man with the drum is singing a prayer song.
He is insulting no one, merely making his way to the Lincoln Memorial with his group to finish their Indigenous People's Gathering. Smirking MAGA-boy, instead of stepping aside out of respect for an elder, stands in his way.

The Native drummer is making no threat. All the kid has to do is step aside and let him pass which, again, would be the respectful thing to do. Instead, he puts on a cocky, entitled grin and treats the Native man with the same disrespect that the "Hebrews" showed him and his friends.

That boy is not an innocent and bullied kid. He is behaving in the same fashion as the people who targeted his group. MAGA- boy is just as bad as the "Hebrews".
By #551147 22,Jan,19 19:10
Thanks SO much Will! For stating their comments were "racist, foul, disgusting, and unpardonable".

I would say more here, but I'm not sure we seen the same video. I saw the Indian guy walk up to the boy. Therefore, if the Indian man, walks into the boy who is standing still, how exactly is the boy obstructing? Have you ever been to any of the memorials, etc. in D.C.? It's not like there is a narrow path. There's NO way the kid was impeding his movement. I can see where you might construe his look as smug. It looked like a young man that was nervous, hence the smiling, and not sure what the Indians intentions were. Kinda like a childish stare down. That being said, that's PRECISELY why I'm so bothered by this. They were just dumb kids. Until you yourself are a Father, I don't guess you will ever understand that part. They aren't fully grown active members of our society. They're still learning to wipe their own noses. And you want to hold them just as accountable for their actions as the 40+ year olds who are supposed to be smarter. I'm not conceding here, as I cannot find any verifiable example of what you're stating.
By phart [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 20:46 other posts 
-What is missing in the discribtion of the indian with a drum is he was a former Marine. Had smurk boy did ANYTHING to threaten, he woulda had the shit beat out of him 2 times till sunday. I over heard some of what the indian said on tv the other day and he witnessed the confortation and put himself between them to prevent violence.Now rather or not that was what was going on,who will really know.

That smurking kid ought to have his butt spanked in public like a 3rd grader.They were not to "young" to not know how to act in public,if raised any where near right.
The "kids" were old enough to turn the other cheek and if they read the same Bible I have in the book case it says you should turn the other cheek in a situation like this. So those catholic school kids must be learning from some new interpretation of the Bible.
Fsult lies on all sides of this.
IF those kids were under 18,there should have been plenty of adult supervision.
By #275407 22,Jan,19 21:59
Phart is right on in his interpretation on what happened, I agree with phart, again, that's my opinion.
By #551147 23,Jan,19 15:04
Cody... Whatever!
By JustWill [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 23:06 other posts 
Phart, this may surprise you, but we are in agreement this time!
By #551147 23,Jan,19 13:55
I'm a bit surprised at your response phart! 🙄

The Indian man, Nathan Philips, conceded to National Review, amongst others. That HE, initiated the confrontation. I couldn't figure out how to link the article for you, sorry!

That being said... It's mind numbing you and some others seem to be making a bigger fuss out the boy than what should be the real story.

Let's recap...

So, you believe the major take from this story should be about a young Catholic school boy, from the heartland of America, staring down an elder Indian man, thumping on a drum, (for conversation sake) in a disrespectful, condescending, and smug manner? Is that an accurate assessment of what YOU believe we should be focusing on here? 🤔
By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 16:17 other posts 
It's all trial by media,you had three distinct groups of very different mentality in the same place
All are to blame....
Why were those young men wearing MAGA hats at a march for life protest ?
What happened to the police ?
Why weren't the police called to arrest those shouting racist slurs ?

I think people jumped to conclusions way to quick,and all of them got found out...
I wouldn't be surprised if this "event" was staged myself...
Someone trying to show "all media" for what they are.... propaganda merchants...
By JustWill [Ignore] 22,Jan,19 23:04 other posts 
Scorpio, it is true that I am not a father. However, I worked as a therapist in a group home for delinquent and dependent kids for six years and I have taught high school English for over a decade. I am quite familiar with the expression on that boy's face, and it is one of condescension, defiance, and bravado. That is the expression of a kid with a hostile attitude who is showing off for his peers, not a nervous and frightened lad.

And, yes, they should be held just as accountable for their actions as a 40+ year old. They aren't toddlers and are old enough to know better and be accountable for poor behavior choices. Being held accountable is how they learn not to be smug and condescending little pricks.
By phart [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 10:10 other posts 
With all the bad publicity the catholic church has had lately you would think the catholic schools would be teaching the students to behave better in public.
By #188992 23,Jan,19 12:54
I didn't want to, gratuitously, mention it before but: is it commonplace for children to be taken out of school to go on protest marches in the US?

If I were a parent paying for my boy to go to that school I would want them to spend their time studying or going on educational visits, NOT protest marches.
By #551147 23,Jan,19 14:51
Hux,

as a former parochial student myself, and having put my own children through private education. I can tell you, the education is more disciplined, smaller class sizes allow the teachers to be more effective. For example... Wife is a public school teacher down in the inner city. Class size is like 28 to 38 students per class. Our kids class sizes ranged between 18 and 22. Makes a BIG difference, believe it or not. The March for Life is, was, could be considered an educational visit. That's certainly NOT all they did while visiting Washington, D.C. As I have taken many groups of students there. Also, they may have only missed one or 2 days of actual school, considering the march was on the weekend. Easily made up with "snow days". Trips like that, HAVE to have parent permission. So, I can only assume none were opposed to the trip, despite the parents paying for their education.
By #188992 23,Jan,19 15:16
Thanks for the, pertinent, background info.
By #551147 23,Jan,19 15:03
Phart,

"Bad publicity the Catholic church has had lately"? I guess I missed it, do explain, please!

Attending church 3 times a week and religion class twice a week as part of the curriculum. One would think, that would be enough influence to good behaviour in public. As with ANY human beings. None are totally predictable. Just look at me, I have some very differing views and I was once just like them boys.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 15:57 other posts 
Catholic church -sexual abuse by priests.
Syracuse, Pennsylvania,Buffalo...list goes on...
By #551147 23,Jan,19 16:17
Bluey,

Ahhhh... Well, I guess I haven't payed any attention to it, if that's all current news. I mean, I've certainly heard about these things like as late as 3 years to 25 years ago. 😐 There's fucked up people in EVERY portion of society, so what's new about that? There's NOT 1 single group, organization, race, whatever, free of deviants. That being said, if you disagree, name some names, please! I was a Catholic schoolboy, served as an altar boy, had tons of interactions with Priests and Nuns alike. All of which I would classify as great caring people. Hell, one of my Priests was a smoker, that was unheard of even in my day. But he was still a great man. I would agree that it may seem more shocking that these things happen within the Catholic church. But just because it may seem a lil more unnerving, if you will. Doesn't make the abuse any more or less severe than a politician, police officer, school teachers, etc.
By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 16:51 other posts 
I just posted about the publicity you asked about..
Thing with religion,you can't preach to do one thing then break the very rules you are supposed to live by...

Your experience of religion has been a good one,for lots of people who were supposed to be cared for,nurtured by their church,it hasn't been the case...
By #275407 24,Jan,19 03:28
I went to a catholic school myself for six years. With nuns and priests. I hated it so much, they used to beat me with pointers and slap me on my face, I was only a little boy at the time, all for just talking when I wasn't supposed to be. When my parents took me out of that school and put me in a public school, my whole life changed for the better, and I came out of my shell. I would never put my kids in a catholic school
By #551147 23,Jan,19 14:29
Ok Will!

Let's say I concede with your assessment of the boy's facial expression. Which I don't completely. I have raised 7 children from birth onward. 5 upstanding productive citizens and 2 minors still at home. I was a school bus driver for 10 years, my wife is a teacher, and now I drive a cross country tour bus. The exact kind that the students were waiting for, when they were confronted. Does either description make one of us more or less of an expert? I think not! Difference in opinions, nothing more OR less.

I disagree that the 16 year old boy should be held just as accountable as the 40+ year olds. Of course, depending on what situations were discussing. In this case, percieved mannerisms, NOT! They are still going through puberty and figuring life out. Perhaps your implying that the marked difference that I noted about my own children prior to them turning 19 even 20 years old. Is nothing more than a farce? ALL of them when they hit 19 and 20, BAM! Like flipping a light switch on! Came into theirselves and seemed to behave, and function more adultlike. Coincidence?

Lastly, as I asked phart up above. Is it your position that this whole story should be about the young boy, who in a most condescending, smug, defiant manner (your words) stood his ground, when confronted by an elder Indian man beating on a drum? Is that what SHOULD be focused on in this story?
By phart [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 19:14 other posts 
Scorpio,I have not done alot of research on this subject as to me there is not much I can do about it.But i did listen to something on nbc from the Indian and he said we have to stand up to the violence,so regardless if he put himself in the middle or not,does not mean the Black Hebrew whatevers should have been making bad remarks and the students by no means should have particapated in the taunting.Once the taunting from them went towards the Native Americans, it became a issue for sure.They should be learning not to discriminate in their school.Just as the Indian ask in that video I watched,Who teaches their kids that?
Besides,the young student should have stepped aside out of respect for the Indian and or Veteran.Again,no respect shown by the young guy at all.Just a smurk.
NO that is not the only issue.But the fact that no one considers the actions of the younger student to be a problem IS a issue.He should be held accountable,I would say at least a suspension from school to deter others from following his footsteps.Look at the bad publicity he has brought his school and fellow students.And I thought everyone knew the catholic preist were doing bad things to kids for decades,up to being in the news just a couple months back.
There was fault on all sides.
I guess the next time a Indian and or Marine witnesses something that may lead to violence,they will just buy some popcorn and a Coke and sit back like a liberal democrat and watch the shit hit the fan. Would you consider THAT a better response to the incident?
By #568769 23,Jan,19 14:35
By #551147 23,Jan,19 15:31
Hey talk!

Yes! It's been a while, indeed!

I admit, when this story first came to my attention. Yes, I thought it was possibly an awful moment, as for whatever reason. I have a lil sweet spot in my heart and soul for native Americans. Once I saw the other, MORE prominent portions of this story, in my opinion of course. I felt quite foolish for my initial feelings about what I observed and felt. Now that I have seen what I have seen, I'm absolutely OUTRAGED! Yet, no one else here seems to be. They wanna keep focusing on the boy...

I betcha by God, if it was the fucking KKK OR simply a group of WHITE MEN saying the things that were said. The boy would not have been mentioned WHATSOEVER!! Let's just keep focusing on the boy who barely knows his ass from his elbow.

BTW, I get what your eluding to. I'm already on the record as stating that I'm none of the above classifications. As far as political affiliations, beliefs, ideologies, or whatever. I have NO choice in America but to lean towards 1 party as there is basically NO other choice. What more do you want? The closest party that I can relate to, for the mostpart, is the conservative or Republican party. But I have things that I believe in, that would make them cringe too. What can you do? Do! Delight us with your words of wisdom...
By Sir-Skittles [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 17:00 other posts 
@ Scorpio.. it IS a disease I am the cure!!
By #551147 23,Jan,19 17:12
>bows< to his greatness!!
By mr_blue [Ignore] 23,Jan,19 17:18 other posts 
we're all getting shafted by both sides...yet big business and corporations steamroller ahead buying Congress votes,and we all blame each other

Elitism, or "the I'm better than you cuz I have x,y or z" is evident in conservative and liberal circles....

Add the internet/social media outrage into it,and we're all mental....we feed the cycle
By #559941 23,Jan,19 17:19
They are going all out to throw trump out of office. They don't care how they do it..
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 24,Jan,19 09:46 other posts 
I have not watched the various videos that have been posted including the rather long one involving a group Jews who were involved. However, I heard a rather sensible account of the events broadcast here by the B.B.C.
His argument was that even before people had viewed the video they had already made up their minds what they were going to see. he and people he knew well had both watched the various videos and they 'saw' totally different things.
Why? because we have become tribal. Anyone who is not like me is the enemy and clearly always 100% in the wrong.
A final thought, this was a minor incident of no real worth which before social media would have been forgotten almost immediately but because of socila media this story is running and running with entrenched opinions being spewed again and again.

We cannot put the socila media genie back into the bottle but really must start to remember that a video posted is one view of the incident that may not include action before and after as well as action out of shot. One social media video is not gospel or a tablet of stone.
By phart [Ignore] 24,Jan,19 22:32 other posts 
I had a brain fart and thought I would mention it here.
I wear a Trump MAGA hat alot.But I aint on a school field trip and I am voting age.
Somewhere in this long line of post someone mentioned this all coulda been a setup.
Why would a group of Catholic students,under voting age,all be wearing RED Maga hats on a field trip? That seems a bit fishy right there.I seriously doubt all their parents were of the republican varity.
Just something I thought I would toss in the ring.
This whole thing coulda been a setup just to ruffle feathers.
By Andthisisme [Ignore] 25,Jan,19 05:13 other posts 
Which is why I suggested that we need to look outside of a short video clip posted on social media before jumping to a conclusion about anything. Just because something is posted or said on these media does not mean that they are accurate or true.

By #551147 25,Jan,19 01:25
I MUST say, I heard a lil tiny segment today on the news, that I believe EVERY American should raise an eyebrow to.

BOTH! I repeat, BOTH! China and Russia stated today, that the United States needs to NOT "Poke Our Nose" into the Venezuelan affairs.

That's HUGE! It was just a tiny lil piece of the news. And no one seemed very alarmed by that... I love and believe in our military, but 2 countries like China AND Russia telling us to butt out!

I think I agree, we should 100% butt out! I'm ABSOLUTELY certain I wouldn't wanna see us start any shit with 2 other superpowers simultaneously. I'm a lil unnerved by that being said today. And no one else seems to be batting an eye.

Did anyone else catch that on the news today?
What are your thought?

We cannot be the World's babysitter!
By kebmo [Ignore] 25,Jan,19 01:47 other posts 
Read this from the Washington Post.
By #551147 25,Jan,19 02:01
Oh My! Well... There you go! I've told you all, I don't lock step with EVERY decision by Mr. Trump. Thanks for the article. I hope things change and he's not pushed, I'm not certain it would be very good for any of us...

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7   #8   #9   #10   ...#43

Show It Off