Recent Posts of member Chauncey_Street

By Chauncey_Street 21,May,23 04:58
Look at Larry in this interesting documentary video...
he works at Disney World in Florida and he has to take the bus to work plus he and his family live in a motel room and they show the room inside...sad that Disney was not paying him more. I realize nowadays they're actually lucky to live anywhere that's clean with a sink, shower, toilet, and beds, and not in a tent or a homeless shelter but it's still so sad they live this way. Of course I hope now he's doing better and I hope he buys some healthier food too.

only registered users can see external links

By Chauncey_Street 19,May,21 03:00
It's cute, tecsan.
Hair, eyes, and mouth...never gets old and uncute.
I think I want that on a t-shirt.

By Chauncey_Street 19,May,21 00:21
The woman was his children's mother, according to that video, so...he didn't pick a random house. I don't know why he was so angry. Obviously she likely would've ended up dead or stabbed and slashed-up but still breathing...maybe just barely breathing. Could you please tell me what she should have done in the situation, if she didn't own a gun?
Why should she go to prison for fighting for her life?
He had no business busting into her house. It's not like his heart was in the right place and he smelled smoke or heard screaming from within so he had good reason to do it. I don't know the answer to "Why didn't HE have a gun?".
I'd especially like to know what you think she should have done.

By Chauncey_Street 18,May,21 01:29
When the courts force to you take anger management classes, they make you pay for the classes out of your own pocket. I'm willing to bet that was one of the things that was pissing him off...that he had to pay up.

By Chauncey_Street 17,May,21 19:19
Do the roots of it get into your water pipes? :o(

By Chauncey_Street 17,May,21 18:37
Check this out, sherryann.
Looks like he didn't get his way after all.
Yeah our country has plenty of savages in it. (Savages of all colors, all races.)
He got himself a knife, she had a gun, and guess who won?
Looks like a locked door doesn't help to protect a person, either. Notice how he didn't let a door stop him. This is what I'm trying to get through to TWO WARM...that people have to have guns to win in something like this or they'll wind up as the next dead victim.
For some reason, she doesn't believe me.
As for the "She could have shot him with a tazer or taser instead" argument...well, maybe...we don't know if that would have panned-out all in her favor though.

By Chauncey_Street 17,May,21 18:15
TWOWARM would you PLEASE watch this video, and watch it all?
And guess what...this happened in Florida, too.
How did the woman this hideous brute was after, even manage to survive?
She survived and won because she had a gun and she knew how to use it.

By Chauncey_Street 17,May,21 18:08
Did you pick someone yet who has a sonic leak detector?

By Chauncey_Street 17,May,21 18:07
Very nice pool!
Too bad it's such a GOUGE everywhere you turn, to maintain beautiful and comfortable property like that. A gouge in all directions.
Looks like with that nice enclosure you don't have to worry about leaves or many bugs falling into it.

By Chauncey_Street 15,May,21 01:32
Thanks.

By Chauncey_Street 14,May,21 23:45
That sux, did you get some estimates yet on how much it will cost to repair the leak?

By Chauncey_Street 14,May,21 23:43
Does that $7200.00 for home owner's insurance on your house also cover fire, theft, wind, if someone gets injured while on your property, etc.? Yes, that is one terrible price to pay per year for home insurance. I'm sorry. :o( Even the $5800.00 was too expensive.
I'm sure your property tax price is bad, too.

By Chauncey_Street 08,May,21 23:38
I thought the same thing...l.o.l..

By Chauncey_Street 08,May,21 20:51

25,000 Barrels of DDT Discovered Between Long Beach and Catalina Island
By John Arndt | May 5, 2021 | Southern California | 2
While sailing up the coast from Long Beach to San Francisco recently, we’d been looking at the chart below as we navigated our way along coastal Southern California. However, we never noticed the small type on the chart saying ‘Dump Site,’ about 12 miles offshore from Long Beach. Not many people appear to have paid much attention to it until 2021, when David Valentine, a professor of biology and earth science at the University of California Santa Barbara, took some underwater photos. They turned out to show leaking barrels with exceptionally high concentrations of DDT and lots of other chemical waste.

By Chauncey_Street 08,May,21 20:26
But..."the microphone smells like a beer"...euww. L.O.L.

By Chauncey_Street 08,May,21 19:00
"Sing us a song you're The Piano Man" holds the grossest lyric in all of music history..."...and the microphone smells like a beer..."...whenever I would hear him say that in the song it would make me nauseated and I'd want to throw up. Beer breath off some stinker and his stinking microphone.

By Chauncey_Street 01,May,21 23:32
You're making me scared to get a shot/shots for COVID-19.
I'm serious...not kidding.
Now I don't know what to do.

By Chauncey_Street 01,May,21 00:42

By Chauncey_Street 30,Apr,21 20:56
But the stars are further out than the moon is, so if you can't even make it to the moon, how is it possible that you can at least grab some stars? It's not like they are at a halfway point between earth to the moon.

By Chauncey_Street 20,Apr,21 07:21
More than one word but I h.a.t.e it when somebody says something rather insulting to somebody else and then he or she says, "No offence." Am I the only one who gets bugged by that?

I know somebody who didn't like the word, "basically" or the modern-day usage of that word.

It's annoying for some when people say, "veggies" instead of "vegetables".

Annoying as hell when somebody calls milk "moo juice".

H.a.t.e. it when people say, "I eat healthy." instead of, "I eat healthily."

Annoying when people say, "Let's eat Chinese tonight!" instead of saying, "Let's eat Chinese food tonight!".

By Chauncey_Street 14,Apr,21 11:50
What year did he join?

By Chauncey_Street 14,Apr,21 11:27
No, they don't always deflate, TWOWARM. A lot of them in public school aren't like k.i.d.s. at all...they act more like hardened criminal adults. Some of them know right where you live, too. You try standing up to them or tell the teachers/your parents/principal/bus driver etc. and that's exactly what the bullies want you to do, because then they have an "excuse" or "reason" to make things bad for you 100 times worse than it already is, because then from that moment on, you'll be known as a snitch. You'll come home to things like your windows smashed-out, your place robbed, and your pets stolen or murdered. For mild starters. They'll get their whole families after you (might as well call them "gangs") and they WILL jump you. The females are just as bad as the males. They're definitely not afraid of you or your parents. They're not afraid to fight you. They wouldn't have started picking on you in the first place if they thought you'd be the one to win in a fist fight. Take people like that seriously.
Some of them also study karate and judo too but I'm thinking their most common way of fighting is hard punching. Probably fighting dirty too-lots of ways to do that.
Your best bet is to try to get your dumbass parents to pull you out of the horrible school they forced you into and to either put you in private school, home school you, hire a tutor, or send you away to live with your grandparents and try the public school out where your grandparents live, if your grandparents live in a better area. I'm glad standing up to a bully worked for phart but in a lot of cases it doesn't work. I'm telling you, you try doing that with some of these creatures and they'll make you very, very sorry you did.

By Chauncey_Street 13,Apr,21 07:29
Yeah, THAT'S more like it! :o)

By Chauncey_Street 12,Apr,21 22:14
I thought our dgraff was taller than six foot four, actually.

By Chauncey_Street 12,Apr,21 22:12
Sorry TWOWARM but thinking that just because you're a Christian you therefore won't ever get assaulted or robbed is...not being realistic. You don't truly believe that, do you? If that's true, then shouldn't that kind of protection apply to all Christians?

By Chauncey_Street 12,Apr,21 21:49
You say "Guns are used to kill." Actually guns can be used to just scare and not kill. Or wound but not kill. People don't have to aim for the head, chest, or stomach, they could aim for the leg. Often a gun owner can get rid of the criminal who is out to steal his belongings or kill him/her, by just showing him the gun and that's it. No need to even shoot the gun. Once they see it, that will often be enough to make them take off. I wish you'd realize the victim needs every advantage he or she can get. And if they see you standing there holding a knife they may think to themselves they could easily just knock it out of your hand...but if they see a gun you're holding, it's different...they know if they dare take a step closer to you, you'll shoot.
This reminded me of something...once years ago I saw a desk clerk at a hotel get rid of somebody whom he wanted to leave, (desk clerk was a White guy and the guy he wanted to leave was a Black guy...I'm JUST describing them so you get a better picture in your head, that's all) who was in the hotel lobby near the front desk...the clerk got out the stun gun and pressed the "on" button, making the little string of electricity go off. The guy saw that and he immediately took off and left the building, fast. Problem solved. No zapping of him required. He saw the weapon, his eyes bugged out too...lol...you know...got wide...and he quickly decided he didn't want to ride the lightning...knew the desk clerk had the upper hand and left. A gun can work the same way. Something used to successfully scare someone off.

Also I'd like to know what you think a person who is about to become a victim should do if they live in a second story apartment unit with no back door, and it is too high-up to safely jump out the bedroom window.

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 22:48
I'm sure you realize how very very fortunate you were to get away. Did this incident happen in Florida?
I am wondering...do you hate knives as much as you hate guns? Do you also hate pepper spray and stun guns?
Why do you feel the police officer was wrong when he suggested you get a gun? My guess is that, considering you said you wanted to kill the Black male who grabbed you that you fought off, in the moment, you might have actually done it, had you had a gun in your purse...so are you saying you would have later regretted doing it and would have been torn-up badly emotionally from guilt, or are you saying doing it could have possibly put you in prison, which of course you would have hated?

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 22:40
Folks should have the choice. I am saying people should have the right to own firearms if they want to own them, and for multiple reasons...family, personal, and property protection, fun with target practice at a shooting range, collectors to make money off of them doing legal resells, and hunting. I'm sure antique guns for example would fetch a pretty penny at auctions...like muskets or old pistols of all kinds...and people should have the right to make money off of them.
And as far as hunting goes, yeah I love animals but I have no right to point fingers at hunters since I eat meat all the time and surely own or have owned things made of leather components.
Pushes you to get to the head of the line? Please explain.

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 22:12
I wonder at the end of the day how much perfectly good food gets tossed in the dumpster out back, by American restaurants.

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 05:54
"Make your home impenetrable"? I am all for those bars we've all seen, that people hire to have professionals install over all their windows and a door made of bars that goes over the regular front and back doors...and whatever is done to secure a garage door...assuming those bars are truly tough enough at all points of them to keep out a thief or somebody looking to commit murder or assault...but not everyone can afford buying those or the cost of installation.
And what if you live in an apartment? You think management is going to allow you to do that to your unit?
And what's so terrible about owning both a handgun and a rifle? Or more? So what?
Also, do you know what a Straw Purchase is?
It's when somebody who cannot own a gun legally gets somebody he knows like his wife or his cousin or brother, etc. to buy a firearm and then he or she gives it to him when they get back home behind closed doors, away from the eyes of people and the cameras in Walmart, the gun shop, or whatever store where the gun was bought.

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 05:35
Bella's BACK! Hi bella!

By Chauncey_Street 11,Apr,21 05:30
A lot of people who live in apartments do only have one door, actually. I also have a back door, but it leads to a small concrete-floored patio with a fairly high wall all around it. I can climb over that wall and have done it before...but could an obese person do it? Could an elderly, frail person do it? Not everyone can climb over a wall or if they did they could hurt themselves doing it. And some people live their lives in wheelchairs, that is also something to consider.
I don't see why anyone should be a laughable pussy and let some criminal come in and start helping himself to whatever possessions of theirs he wants, while they either cower and tremble in a closet or find a way to get out and run away...you'd probably want the victim to go crashing through their bedroom window and run down the street instead of staying and defending their property. Why is that?

By Chauncey_Street 10,Apr,21 07:38
Bump.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 19:08
Sounds good.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 19:00
Thank you for sharing that story.
And I was hoping he would live much longer.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 12:48
SO SAD! I was hoping he would make it to age 100 and beyond that!
And Prince Harry should have spent a lot more time with him when he had the chance, and let him see the baby as much as possible while the opportunity was still there to be able to do so!
Does the queen send you a letter if you reach the age of 100?
--------------------------------------- added after 10 minutes

Or Queen capitalized. I meant no disrespect.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 12:39
If I'm not mistaken, things you used to be able to get in the USA are now illegal--brass knuckles and switchblades. But you can still get spring-action knives though.
I will admit there is one weapon I hate though...throwing stars. Those things are freaking nasty, damn. Males in grade school used to get ahold of those things and when the teacher was out of the room, one would warn, "Watch your head!" and you better hope you ducked and their aim was good because they'd throw them over or near your head, across the classroom.
And high school punk males would throw them down into the wooden polished gym floor and they'd stick into the floor deep...and of course fuck up the wood with slits.
But just because I hate throwing stars, I don't think they should be illegal...I think any k.i.d. caught with one should be expelled on the spot, though.
Blaming an object for something bad happening, is dumb. Blame the person, not the object. And a whole nation of millions shouldn't have to suffer and give up their weapons just because a criminal shoots somebody.
By the way, people can make their own single-shot handguns nowadays at home anyway, by using a 3-D printer.
And I'm sure somebody who is good enough at metalworking could make their own throwing stars right at home, if the store-bought ones were illegal.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 12:20
I wish liberals would explain exactly how we're supposed to defend ourselves, our family members, and our possessions in such a way they would approve of, once they chip away at our gun rights little by little so much, finally nobody is allowed to own a gun. THEN they'll start working on banning knives, too. I thought they're already doing that in England. The "Turn in your knife before somebody turns your knife on YOU!" campaign, plus perhaps existing laws also, already in place...I don't know if you can even carry a folding knife or any kind of knife in your pocket with you legally, when you walk around Great Britain. I thought you can't even have workman's tools in your vehicle legally after dark but I'm not sure.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 12:06
Owning a gun can make all the difference in the world.
Sometimes all you need to do is just simply show it to the criminal or shady person and that alone makes then leave.
Sometimes when it's dark when they hear that click-click gun sound, that makes them take off running, too. Criminals know exactly what that sound is.
Yes it's possible those k.i.d.s. or one k.i.d and one young person (the sis) could have bolted off and could have outrun the creep. But I think this was out in the country. How close were the nearest neighbors? Miles away?
And why should they let a creep alone in their parents' house where he could have just helped himself to all the valuables if he was so inclined?
Why do you think running away, fast as the wind, is always the solution?
What if the criminal is blocking the door with his body? What are you going to tell him...Excuse me, could you please kindly step aside? I'd like to exit my house and start running, thanks.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 11:52
And don't forget the tattoo. What does it say?

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 11:49
Thought I heard the Puerto Ricans get benefits from the United States like food stamps...if that's true, I wonder what other benefits they get also...welfare checks too?
I'm not judging like it sounds like I am...just wondering.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 11:43
Why does he have a gun? Because he wants to win and he wants to succeed in completing his intention of robbery or assault, or both but that's obvious so I don't really follow what you're saying.

I wish Country Couple guy in Florida was still here so he could join in on this talk.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 11:36
Reminds me of a story a youn.g man told on a forum years ago about an experience he had when he was a ki.ddo. I think he was Canadian so this probably happened in Canada. I don't know what gun ownership laws are like there now, or back then but yes, his fam.ily did own a gun. He was alone in the house with his older sis.ter. The parents had to go somewhere to do something and were gone from the premises. The two at home were just minding their own business when some guy pulled up to the property in his vehicle...truck or whatever. I think they knew who he was...a distant neighbor, perhaps. I believe they lived out in the country.
He was d.r.u.n.k and he was horny. He started approaching the sis.ter. I don't know if he actually laid a finger on her but it was obvious what his intentions were. She wasn't having any of it. She got out the fam.ily rifle (I picture it a rifle and not a handgun but I guess that doesn't really matter) or the gun was all hers, and either just showed it to him or pointed it at him and warned him to get off the property and leave right now. Once he saw that gun, it worked. He immediately turned around, got his butt in his vehicle, and got out of there. (Drunk driving on top of that, yeah. A real bastard.) No need to even fire one shot. You can imagine what a relief that was for the sis.ter and the little bro.ther...he said being the age he was, there was no way he could have fought off that man if he started trying to r.a.p.e. his sis.ter and that sure seemed what his exact intention was. She, being female, wouldn't have been able to fight him off either. It was the gun that made the guy leave. The guy telling this story said if they didn't own that gun, who knows what would have happened next? She probably would have gotten r.a.p.e.d that day and the gun made all the difference from that happening/not happening.
So tell me, what is so terrible, in your mind, about that fam.ily owning a rifle or shotgun? And it did the job without being fired off, too.
Yes I put dots in some of the words because I can't remember which words here are automatically censored and non-censored so I just guessed.

By Chauncey_Street 09,Apr,21 11:06
If someone breaks into your house and they have a gun, and you have is a knife, who do you think is going to win?

Also, what do you think is going to happen if you're alone in your house and a man breaks in...let's say this one in particular doesn't have a gun and neither do you because you hate guns...how exactly would you get rid of him?

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 20:24
I agree with what TWOWARM said...I hope you have a super-mild case and you make a full recovery.

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 20:16
OK

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 20:16
I'm very sorry to hear that!

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 15:27
I'm glad it went well for you...when do you go in for the second shot?

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 15:26
Is it now legal to kill adult seals in Canada?
I thought I heard they made it illegal but then made it legal again.

By Chauncey_Street 02,Apr,21 03:19
I bet everybody in your family is against the seal clubbing and seal shootings that go on there in Newfoundland.